Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod)

3 posters

Go down

Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod) Empty Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod)

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:27 am

MOST IMPORTANT
1. Moderator is always right. No exceptions
1.a. If moderator is wrong, refer to rule number 1.

Rules To Not Break:
2. Mafia is a game. Please try to have fun while playing it. Blatant personal attacks on other players will result in modkill, auto-loss, and being blacklisted from my future games.
3. You have been given a win condition and it is your job to try and fulfill it. If you deliberately play against your win condition and deliberately hurt your faction with your play, don’t be shocked to find yourself modkilled, auto-lossed, and blacklisted from future games.
4. Do not quote your role PM. Do not quote from any mod-provided private QT. Both these will result in modkill and auto-loss.
4.a. If the role pm has been posted by the mod, feel free to quote it.
5. Talking about the game outside the thread or any mod-provided QT is forbidden. Unless the offense is incredibly minor (i.e. brief mention of the game without discussing any of its content), this will result in a modkill and auto-loss.
6. If you have the ability to edit or delete your posts, do not do so. Unless the offense is incredibly minor (i.e. fixing spelling or grammar without modifying the original content of the post), this will result in a modkill and auto-loss.
7. Unreadable text is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to incredibly small text and invisible text.
8. Dead players may not speak in the thread once they are dead. Not even a simple “Bah” post. I’ve never heard a dead body say “Bah” before.

Rules Of Voting And Deadlines:
9. Votes must be bolded and in the form Vote: Reverse Simplicity.
10. You have the option to Vote: No Lynch on any given day.
10.a The mod has every right to deny you this option.
11. Unvotes, to count as an unvote are required to be bolded. You should always unvote before changing your vote.
12. A lynch occurs when a majority is reached. For an odd number of players, this is (n+1)/2. For an even number of players, this is (n/2)+1. For example, with 12 players alive, and (12/2)+1 = 7 votes to lynch.
13. After a lynch occurs, there will be a twilight. During this time everybody but the lynchee will be able to talk. At the end of twilight, the lynchee’s role will be revealed and the game will proceed into night. Note: A deadline No Lynch will caught the game to skip twilight and proceed directly into night.
14. If no player reaches a majority of votes by the deadline on a given day, No Lynch will occur.
15. If a player does not submit a night action by the end of any given night, they will not act that night.

Rules Of Activity And Prods:
16. If a player goes 48 hours without posting in-thread, they will be prodded. If they do not post in-thread within 48 hours following a prod, they will be replaced or mod killed.
16.a A mod may do this at their digression, and a if a player states they will be away they will be given leeway.
17. Please let your mod know if you will be on V/LA – post it in-thread and bolded or PM it directly to me. If a player hasn’t directly told me they will be on V/LA I will not acknowledge it and probably won’t even know about it.
18. If I have to prod any player more than twice per day, they will be automatically replaced.
19. Players may request a prod on another player in the following format: Mod: Please prod <playername>. This is only to be done if a player has gone without posting for 48 hours and I have missed prodding them.
20. If there are less than 10 posts in-thread within a 48 hour period the mod will send out a massprod. If overall activity continues to be a problem, The mod reserves the right to shorten day deadlines.

Rules Unrelated To The Previous Categories:
21. If something is going wrong, please PM the mod with the problem.
22. The mod may have chosen a colour, do not use the mods colour. In fact unless you are the mod of a game, don't use colour.
23. Vote counts will be posted daily and by request if necessary. If you wish to request a vote count, please post it in the following format: Mod: Requesting Vote Count.
23.a if the game is slow, the mod reserves the right to only post these details when there is a significant update.
24. If you have a night ability you must submit to me your choice of use by the night deadline. Failure to do so will result in your ability being wasted, the mod can use your ability to make the game more interesting. (You have been warned)

Last edited by Reverse Simplicity on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod) Empty Re: Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod)

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:28 am

If I am missed anything or (God forbid) made a mistake please post it below, this thread is also open for discussion about mafia rules.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod) Empty Re: Mafia rules, no exceptions (Unless stated by the games mod)

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:52 am

These rules are fairly standard. It's probably a good idea posting them here; it saves having to copy them into the opening thread of every single little game.

The ones I would make minor changes are (and this is a personal preference):
4. Depending on the game (ie if falseclaims are available), I might allow quoting from role PMs.
11. I'm iffy on the necessity of unvotes; the problems that can occur if a deadline hits because someone didn't unvote could be annoying.
All Activity and Prods: I've been flexible lately owing to the few people we have; like I recently did a mass prod for 24 hours without posting (sorry Reverse).
22. I don't mind if people use colour, but then again I don't have a particular colour to use as a mod.
23. I find it easy to do vote counts, so I'll do them whenever requested.
23.a. ...Or whenever I want, even if nothing's happened!
24. I personally won't autotarget abilities unless they're compulsary; then I'll randomly generate a target (which could result in an SK killing themselves; you have been warned!)

I also generally skip the 'use a specific phrase to talk to me'; rather 'bold anything you want me to see'. I read the game fully anyway, so it's not usually a problem.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:05 am

Feel free to edit my post, That was just my view on the rules (List taken from my own game) Which I changed from my name to mod.

We can continue editing it until we all agree.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:09 am

I like rule 9. Votes must be bolded and in the form Vote: Reverse Simplicity

It takes the strain away from choosing who to vote for if oou have to vote for Reverse
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down