Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread

+3
Walt the Alt
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
7 posters

Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread Empty Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:56 am

OK guys, here's what I'm thinking. Making new setups is hard, particularly with low numbers. So I was reading the old Mafia 2.0 thread, and back then we got around replacements by respawning old, dead players. So my idea is, use that as a mechanic, with every player that dies over night getting a new role the next day, so we can kind of have an ongoing game that (possibly) people could drop in and out of as they had time.

Basics:
I think any game needs the scum/town/lynch/nightkill framework; but a large variety of special roles/win conditions can fit into and work around that.
To prevent (undue) motivation to fulfill previous roles' win cons, any particular player's win con would expire after a certain amount of time. This would avoid (say) a former scum betraying his team to win for his new town. That said, win cons will inevitably pile up, so I'd endeavor to make that part of the game rather than ignore it.
Tying into the above, rather than having a single town or mafia team that keeps getting replenished (leading to never fulfilling a win con), I think I'd have Mafia/Town 1, 2, 3 etc; where each side tries to eliminate the other first, with respawned players moving into the next generation (and still working for their old win con - I'll have to put balances in here).
We'd need at least 3 players, but I've got two ideas to artificially boost that:
1. The mod is a player. Obviously there have to be restrictions (like win cons that aren't helped by mod knowledge - eg powerless survivor/jester), but I think it's doable. It also can allow for other players taking over as mod for a little while (after dying in their current role) if necessary/desirable
2. An alt account secretly controlled by one player (which would get reassigned every time it died). That would need measures in place to prevent cross-confirmation between main and alt, but again I think it should be able to be done.

So that's it in a nutshell. I think it will get pretty chaotic, especially a few rounds in, but I should be able to put roles in/take them out as necessary to keep a lid on things. I have some roles/win cons in mind already, which I'll start thinking seriously about feasibility.
Darth, Alex and Rewind all checked in today (!); I'll try to contact Eggs, Reverse and Sid and see if they're interested these days.

Please offer opinions and /in.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread Empty Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

/in
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread Empty Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia Signup Thread

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm

My gosh. That was unexpected.
But yay!

So I've started working on Role PMs and I've got a proto-setup. I reckon we're good to go with 5, so two more and I'll get this underway.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Walt the Alt Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 pm

/in

That's right; I went ahead and did it!
Walt the Alt
Walt the Alt

Scum Credits : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 am

/in

Obviously, who else would people lynch if I wasn't playing
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 am

OK, that's four, and I have reason to believe a few more will sign up. I am officially declaring this a 'thing', and will be happening. Game thread going up now. Expect Role PMs later tonight or tomorrow, depending on signups.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:49 am

/ signup

Didn't see this thread first Sad
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:07 am

Jayden1222 signed up personally to me, on Facebook for some reason.
Is it ethical to assume Alex will be in? I'm going to say yes. With that, there's seven, so stand by for role PMs.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayden1222 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am

/in

Jayden1222

Scum Credits : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:00 pm

I shall belatedly /in
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:10 pm

With everyone checking in here, we're done. Locking this thread, enjoy the game.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down