Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scribblings

+2
If I Could Rewind
Darth Skywalkerbacca
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Scribblings - Page 3 Empty Re: Scribblings

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:09 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:But will get to it by the end of the week.
Liar.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I say if nobody else has finished theirs before then, then we just go with you and me.
OK, I'm calling it. While Darth has not submitted his on Resplect, I have seen a copy of it and it is done, if not edited. So, I'll give him until Sunday to edit and post - if he hasn't by then, I'll just post the unedited version so we can get judging underway.

So, judging. Are Alex, Rewind, and Eggs agreeable to scoring both stories out of 10? Please post here with a yea or nay so we all know what's going on.
Also, other Resplect denizens, it's not too late to sign up for a judging position.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 am

ok I'm sorry this took so long but many of you know the reasons. So this is far from a perfect edit but it is 2495 words which is within the rules we set.

Spoiler:

So this came about because I a while ago I had wanted to write a truly sad story and I'd had this idea but I ended up benching it because the predictability of the story I found detracted from the feels, I ended up remembering it when we started doing a tragedy Scribblings, I had been unusually busy over the two weeks we had set to write this so I ended up going with Sunshine instead of thinking up a new idea, it was originally meant to be a much larger story and I think I'm going to stick with writing a bit more of this now that I've started so suggestions on improvements would be appreciated.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:02 am

Let's go, people; let's have some scores and feedback!

Royal Duty Author's Notes:
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:19 am

If I may.

When I first read Royal Duty I saw what you were trying to pull off with the story, but I never think you really got there, and I'm not exactly sure why not. There was no one big flaw that I could point at and say this is what let the story down, I think the main problem was dialogue how the characters spoke to one another always seemed removed slightly and you never got a real sense of the bonds that were supposed to be between them.
I believe that was mainly because you had such a large cast and separated the time between each character to evenly for a story such as this, Drake never spent enough time with each person to develop in the minds of the reader the relationship he was supposed to have with them, this is the same as Alex's criticism of the second half of Sunshine.

That being said though I wouldn't mind seeing more notes on the story or if you have any older copies that would be nice too, I want to see how you changed the story over time and the concessions you made, both our stories were meant to be bigger than they actually could be and we had to cut out a lot and try to refine the essence of what we were trying to write I want to see how well you did that.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum