Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame)

+3
Supreme Overlord
Reverse Simplicity
Sid_The_Kid
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame) - Page 2 Empty Re: Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame)

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat May 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Vote Count 3 of Day 1
Sid(2):Reverse,Darth
TKoE(2):Alex,Overlord
Darth(1):Sid
Not Voting (2): Rewind,TKoE

With 7 votes in play, it’s 4 to lynch.
Deadline is 2 Weeks:30th of May 12pm.

Rewind has been prodded
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame) - Page 2 Empty Re: Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame)

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sat May 18, 2013 3:33 pm

@Overlord: Yes I do have a personality, though I don't think it does anything rolewise
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat May 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Vote:Darth
early days ...
I'm going to suggest darth may actually be scum, due to this.

Sid has only the power that we choose to give him. Exaggeration is a scum tool.

Unvote

FoS:Darth

Not ready to vote at this point.

I will not confirm or deny that my role contains a personality.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat May 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I will not confirm or deny that my role contains a personality.
And your thoughts on a personality massclaim?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Unvote

@RS:What makes you think that my RVS vote confirms Darth to be scum?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun May 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Vote Count 4 of Day 1
Sid(1):Darth
TKoE(2):Alex,Overlord
Not Voting (4): Rewind,TKoE,Sid,Reverse

Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon May 20, 2013 1:56 am

What about you, Sid? I suppose as mod you would have given yourself all the shiny new toys to play with - do you have a Personality, and what is it?

And guys, if you're online, you've got to say something - you can't just sit back and wait for somethin 'interesting' to happen. We're back to a normal (ish) game now; discussion is vital.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Unvote

@RS:What makes you think that my RVS vote confirms Darth to be scum?
Many things that I cannot put into text.

If I posted every time I was online... there would be many double posts by me, that add nothing to the post.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon May 20, 2013 4:01 am

Reverse Simplicity wrote:If I posted every time I was online... there would be many double posts by me, that add nothing to the post.
That's fine when it's true. But I have asked you what is your opinion on massclaiming Personalities. I understand that at this point you don't want to claim whether or not you have a Personality, and that's fine for now. But I want to know if you have something against everybody claiming Personalities, or if you think it would be fine, or what?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon May 20, 2013 6:01 am

I have not decided one way or the other. As far as darth is concerned they mean very little. But there is the chance that someones role has benefit from knowing personalities.

I would like to know if anyone is in a team. I thought this game was going to require more private team discussion than anything.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 am

I'm with Reverse in this case - I'd feel safer keeping personality to myself. They exist for a reason, and I'm not sure if it's good for town or not to reveal that.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 am

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I have not decided one way or the other.
Alex Steiner wrote:I'm with Reverse in this case - I'd feel safer keeping personality to myself.
OK, got it. I'd still like to know the other people's opinions, though.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I would like to know if anyone is in a team. I thought this game was going to require more private team discussion than anything.
I think this is good information to claim; few downsides (if any) - although do you think there is merit in only one of a pair/team claiming, to protect the other/s? Although once you have the 'no team' and the 'speaker for the team' claims, it'll probably be easy enough to PoE the rest.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:What about you, Sid? I suppose as mod you would have given yourself all the shiny new toys to play with - do you have a Personality, and what is it?
Nope, i don't have a Personality ... or too many "shiny new toys" either.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon May 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Sid_The_Kid wrote:
Supreme Overlord wrote:What about you, Sid? I suppose as mod you would have given yourself all the shiny new toys to play with - do you have a Personality, and what is it?
Nope, i don't have a Personality ... or too many "shiny new toys" either.

Ok, lets lynch him

Vote: Sid
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 am

Unvote

I'm not up for a mass claim of personalities either, as Reverse said they were put in for a reason, I'm assuming some role depends on them and from the way Overlord is centering on them I'm beginning to think it's him or he's in a partnership with somebody who relies on it, and with some people saying they don't have personalities it's obvious that it only effects those that do so I'm not claiming.

My initial instincts this game are to go with Vote: Alex

Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue May 21, 2013 4:12 am

Hmmmm, well firstly I'll say that it's good to be back. Or rather it's good to be off LA and be posting in this thread for the first time. After a quick re-look over the rules and people's actions I'm starting to think that this game doesn't contain any town/mafia roles.

Anyway I think that I would like a no-lynch day 1 just because that's my gut instinct. I don't see the point in lynching anyone without relevant information, still that said I'd like to put pressure on someone, in the hope that information comes from it. The two biggest candidates right now are Eggs and Sid. Pressuring the mod (who is also a player) seems like a more profitable option than pressuring a player who is an unknown(eggs). Still that being said, I don't really like the unknown.

Vote: Eggs

As to the personality debate, I think that I'll have to agree with Reverse and Alex. I don't really see the point in sharing something that is really just added flavor, especially because people can and will try and use it as solid evidence against others. Instead of finding actual evidence (Yes I do this as well).

PS: I will probably change to no lynch by the end of the day, unless someone convinces me that it's a really bad idea.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue May 21, 2013 6:19 am

The King of Eggs wrote:Ok, lets lynch him

Vote: Sid
I definitely agree that there's no point keeping him around if a better option doesn't present itself Day 1.

However:
If I Could Rewind wrote:After a quick re-look over the rules and people's actions I'm starting to think that this game doesn't contain any town/mafia roles.
You are wrong. Vote: Rewind

If I Could Rewind wrote:Anyway I think that I would like a no-lynch day 1 just because that's my gut instinct. I don't see the point in lynching anyone without relevant information, still that said I'd like to put pressure on someone, in the hope that information comes from it. The two biggest candidates right now are Eggs and Sid. Pressuring the mod (who is also a player) seems like a more profitable option than pressuring a player who is an unknown(eggs). Still that being said, I don't really like the unknown.
This is a mass of contradictions. Why do you think anyone will feel pressure if the know you don't actually intend to lynch them? How did you pick Eggs as one of the biggest candidates? Why would the mod feel any pressure when he knows exactly what you can/cannot do to him? And why on Earth did you say Sid was the more profitable option when you then turn around and vote Eggs?

And it looks like everyone has given an opinon on Personalities, except Sid and Eggs who appear not to have one. That's a majority of 'no', so I'll drop it.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 am

the fact that Rewind said there might not be any town/mafia roles does imply that he is a third, neutral party but that isn't enough to make me want to lynch him yet.

@Rewind: What alignment is your role?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue May 21, 2013 7:34 am

vote: SO what makes you think iicr is wrong? What info do you have on the subject?

This is a mind screw. And eggs knows more about the set up that the rest of us. He helped design this scenario. That makes him dangerous for his enemies.

FoS:IICR a no lynch is almost always bad for town.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue May 21, 2013 10:41 am

Reverse Simplicity wrote:vote: SO what makes you think iicr is wrong? What info do you have on the subject?
There is a Town. My role PM is clear. If Rewind did not know there was a Town, he is not part of it.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:This is a mind screw.
Is it? I was under the impression that it was a normal, if a bit quirky, Mafia game. The rules are clear, my role PM was clear, and any questions I've had were answered to the extent that I'd expect in a regular game. Why do you think it's mind screw?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:And eggs knows more about the set up that the rest of us. He helped design this scenario. That makes him dangerous for his enemies.
Was this answering my question to Rewind? If so, why are you answering for him? If not, why are you bringing up Eggs?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:

Reverse Simplicity wrote:And eggs knows more about the set up that the rest of us. He helped design this scenario. That makes him dangerous for his enemies.
Was this answering my question to Rewind? If so, why are you answering for him? If not, why are you bringing up Eggs?

I'm more interested in why he automatically assumed I'd be counted as an enemy.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue May 21, 2013 1:00 pm

As much as it is in everybody's nature to automatically assume Eggs is guilty of everything we have to fight that overwhelming urge to lynch until we have more solid proof of the fact.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 pm

If I Could Rewind wrote:Pressuring the mod (who is also a player) seems like a more profitable option than pressuring a player who is an unknown(eggs).
hmmm understandable ... just remember that i can only reveal,as a player, what my role pm allows me.

@Eggs: what makes you think that i should be Day 1 lynch?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue May 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Vote Count 5 of Day 1
Alex(1):Darth
Sid(1):TKoE
Overlord(1):Reverse
Rewind(1):Overlord
TKoE(2):Alex,Rewind
Not Voting (1): Sid

Last edited by Sid_The_Kid on Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Mod, Darth is voting for Alex.ModNote: Thanks,Vote Count Updated

Sid_The_Kid wrote:just remember that i can only reveal,as a player, what my role pm allows me.
Out of academic interest, what safeguards have you put in place to restrict your power as mod? Self-aligned, specifically not allowed to reveal scum; what?

Also Sid, what are you basing your vote on (since it's not going to be based on scumhunting)?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next