Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame)

+3
Supreme Overlord
Reverse Simplicity
Sid_The_Kid
7 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame) - Page 4 Empty Re: Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame)

Post by If I Could Rewind Sun May 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Ok just letting everyone know I'm on very limited access (VLA) for the a while while I get my router problems fixed..... Again sigh.

Anyway I don't have too much time so I'll just Vote:Darth and explain later. Although I think its fairly obvious why I chose him.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame) - Page 4 Empty Re: Residents Divided Game Thread (Endgame)

Post by The King of Eggs Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 pm

If I Could Rewind wrote:

Anyway I don't have too much time so I'll just Vote:Darth and explain later. Although I think its fairly obvious why I chose him.

I really dislike this. So much.

Vote: Rewind

You shouldn't vote, we'll ignore the whole 'explain later' thing, if you are not going to be on to take the vote off if need be.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon May 27, 2013 4:23 am

Deadline is Thursday, and the biggest wagon is on me (with two votes; Alex, Rewind, Darth and Eggs all have one).
Darth and Reverse, you're both currently on me. Darth, was there something wrong with my original response to you?
Darth's Vote and My Defence:
Reverse, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see anywhere why you think I'm scummy; you just said that you think I'm scummy, and you've ignored my questioning on the subject.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I'm just a neutral that can swap between win cons at will, I'm no more a threat to the town as any other townie as I'm currently aligned with you because you have the greater chance of success.
Other than that I have no special abilities (I know this role seems easy so I'm assuming Sid put in a third faction that I'm not able to side with which would go with a lot of what's been said so far).

I am not a survivor, if I die my win con at time of death will not expire.
This is going to seem like I'm doing a 180, but I actually believe this. Reason being, the role you have descibed now seems just about identical to my own. You threw me first by what seemed to be a 'neutral survivor' claim. I am 'just a normal Resident' (I can quote my role PM if necessary as a claim if I'm about to be lynched). In summary, I can win with any faction but only one at a time (currently I'm aligned with Town). Darth, can you elaborate on 'swapping between win cons at will' - is this an action you can use at any time, or a night action; and is it unlimited use or one-shot? Apparently I can also be recruited against my will, not only as a result of my ability.
Rewind, if you could confirm/deny that you have a similar role, that would be useful.
And I don't think this role is too easy - it's all too possible to get trapped by recruitment into a faction you've been working against. In fact I'm assuming (but not too hard, as I've been bitten before) that the 'Resident' role is the core role of the setup.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:If I am wrong on both, can scum please recruit me tonight... Smile I would prefer to be recruited as scum anyway.
Bad. That's not a Town mindset. And does your role say you are specifically recruitable, or are you just assuming from the setup info we have?

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Anybody want to suggest a possible set-up?

I'm thinking possibly two or one mafia and one recruiting neutral, rest are town possibly another neutral killer or town aligned killer.
I'd guess (and it is only a guess), that apart from Sid, there's at least one solid Town and Mafia player (unrecruitable/they're the ones that can recruit), while the rest are Town-supportive Residents; and maybe one Mafia-supportive Resident from the get-go. Non-Sid neturals might be unfeasible in such a small setup, and I think extra kills would take too much away from the recruiting mechanic.

If I Could Rewind wrote:Anyway I don't have too much time so I'll just Vote:Darth and explain later. Although I think its fairly obvious why I chose him.
Yeah, not good. I don't think it's obvious at all, given that he's explained his role in more depth and it seems to match pretty closely with what you claimed. Is that not the case?

The King of Eggs wrote:You shouldn't vote, we'll ignore the whole 'explain later' thing, if you are not going to be on to take the vote off if need be.
That's better, Eggs; but can you now give some opinions on the other players?

'Willing to lynch' lists would be really handy as deadline approaches.
I don't want to lynch Darth today, unless he does something really unexpected when cross-confirming.
If Rewind cross-confirms properly, and either explains why he doesn't believe Darth or changes his mind, I don't want to lynch him today.
I don't want to lynch Sid unless it's a choice between him and no-lynch.
Alex has done nothing, and I think he's either a true neutral or a Resident that doesn't realise he's already aligned with a faction (or, wild guessing, a scum Resident who's planning on switching to Town Night 1, but doesn't want to commit until he's sure it'll work) - I think he'd be a safe backup lynch too; actually, probably better than Sid.
Eggs is starting to contribute (hopefully), and I'd be willing to let him live until Day 2, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over lynching him either.
Reverse's play just doesn't seem pro-town: he's asked to be recruited by scum, he's voted without elaboration on why I'm scummy, he posted to avoid a prod when it was fairly clear prods will enable us to be rid of Sid; he also did the weird 'Eggs would throw anyone under the bus to win' page 2, which he also never elaborated on
In conclusion: Vote: Reverse
Lynch order preference: Reverse, Alex, Eggs, Sid, Rewind, Darth.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon May 27, 2013 4:35 am

@Overlord - Sorry if I didn't remove my vote before, you seemed in no danger of being lynched and I was just being lazy but as it stands.

Unvote

As for your question, I do believe I can switch my win con at will, if you want I may may send Sid a pm to clarify the fact in case I'm misreading his pm (as happened fairly often in my game so I know I could be wrong).

Scum list so far:
Reverse
Alex
Overlord

this is by no means a 'strong' list, I'm still having a lot of trouble making up my mind in this game, as such I'm going to refrain from voting for now.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon May 27, 2013 4:40 am

So... both of the people I believe are scum have claimed that the only thing that stops them winning with town is if scum recruits them.

When I said "Eggs would throw anyone under the bus to win" It was the previous mafia game leaking through, at that point I already knew I was dead, and eggs was the only one I had specifically allied with.

Claiming town allied at this point is irrelevant, providing no information whatsoever since I am sure it is in everyones best interest to be playing as town/neutral (What scum other than darth would claim it) You know this SO and yet you still claim town. Your posts have subtle scum hints which is why I am continuing to vote for you.

Unless you have other knowledge sid is not a threat to anyones win condition. Nor do I want him to win before me.

The only thing that makes me think SO is neutral is that he is pretty much willing to lynch anyone but himself. However, he has done a 180 and decided to be buddy buddy with darth, which is suspicious as well.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon May 27, 2013 5:35 am

Vote Count 6 of Day 1
Reverse(1):Overlord
Rewind(1):TKoE
Darth(1):Rewind
Overlord(1):Reverse
TKoE(1):Alex
Not Voting (2): Sid,Darth

With 7 votes in play, it’s 4 to lynch.
Deadline is 2 Weeks:30th of May 12pm.

Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 am

Small note: All potential prods you qualify for but don't receive (because you posted before Sid got around to it) you still get a prod afterwards.
ModNote: I call upon the guidance of the experienced mods:
> should the prods, that are valid by timeframe yet invalid due to posting before the mod sends out the prod, be counted?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon May 27, 2013 5:48 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:As for your question, I do believe I can switch my win con at will, if you want I may may send Sid a pm to clarify the fact in case I'm misreading his pm (as happened fairly often in my game so I know I could be wrong).
Yes, do clarify that - my own PM didn't give much detail, so I had to check if it was any-time or a Night action. Also, can you used it as often as you like, or is it limited-shot?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:So... both of the people I believe are scum have claimed that the only thing that stops them winning with town is if scum recruits them.
And the conclusion you draw from this is ...? Also, apparently I'll flip plain 'Resident', you won't find out which faction I was supporting at the time of my death.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Claiming town allied at this point is irrelevant, providing no information whatsoever since I am sure it is in everyones best interest to be playing as town/neutral (What scum other than darth would claim it) You know this SO and yet you still claim town. Your posts have subtle scum hints which is why I am continuing to vote for you.
I believe I answered the first part with Darth; there seemed to be an assumption that there may have been a majority of neutrals/many small factions, so I wanted to get it out in the open that there was a Town. It may not speak directly for my alignment, but at least it was clearing things up and reassuring Townies that there was a common cause to work for, which I don't think benefits scum. So far as 'subtle scum hints' I can't really defend against that.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Unless you have other knowledge sid is not a threat to anyones win condition. Nor do I want him to win before me.
Well, that's a personal choice, but I do urge you to reconsider it. Regardless of your own alignment, if Sid is around in endgame he could screw it up for you - is it worth the risk just to get one kind of win (ie before anyone else) over another?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:The only thing that makes me think SO is neutral is that he is pretty much willing to lynch anyone but himself. However, he has done a 180 and decided to be buddy buddy with darth, which is suspicious as well.
Do you believe my claim? From my claim, can you see how I would believe Rewind and Darth's claims, and hence would not want to lynch them (contrary to your claim that 'he is pretty much willing to lynch anyone but himself')? Sid, Alex, and Eggs are all very bleh at this point, so it's true that I'll accept them as lynches, for what I think is good reason. And I think you're scum or at the very least not pro-town, so I'm willing to lynch you. I am, however, willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Alex Steiner wrote:Small note: All potential prods you qualify for but don't receive (because you posted before Sid got around to it) you still get a prod afterwards.
Cool; so that would imply that you and Reverse were prodded, bringing the total up to five. 2 more. Mod; can you confirm when prods are handed out?
Alex, now how about a larger note giving your opinions; deadline is approaching.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 am

Sid wrote:ModNote: I call upon the guidance of the experienced mods:
> should the prods, that are valid by timeframe yet invalid due to posting before the mod sends out the prod, be counted?
As a mod, if they post before I get around to prodding them, I let they get away with it. As a player in this game, I'd rather that prods be sent if the player was eligible even after they've posted. If (and be aware that you can't confirm roles by mod actions) there are roles or mechanics in play that rely on prods, you should keep consistant in your rulings.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon May 27, 2013 7:47 am

Vote:Alex something just doesn't seem right with you're no care attitude ... although Eggs isn't much better ...
@Eggs: Given that you seem to have taken up a position of watching the game, do you have anything helpful to add?
@Reverse: Do you have evidence contradictory to any claims made by SO,Darth,and Rewind? otherwise i see no reason why you should go against what IMO seems quite a reasonable conclusion that these claims are at least truthful in a sense. Sure, the method behind these claims is less than perfect but with three players basically cross confirming each others claims its hard to believe that there is scum hiding in that trio.
Modnote:Rewind,Eggs,Sid,Alex,Darth,Reverse have received 1 prod each
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon May 27, 2013 8:11 am

@Overlord: Ok after re-reading my role pm I noticed I completely missed the (2 shot) posted on the end of Change of Heart, ok that's my bad I can only change twice.

@Reverse:

So... both of the people I believe are scum have claimed that the only thing that stops them winning with town is if scum recruits them.

I never said the only thing that stops me winning with town is if I'm recruited by the mafia, I said I can choose to support either mafia or town, in any case I'm not gifted with a night kill if I'm in support of mafia and if the mafia die before me my support changes to town, I don't see why you have such a problem with this?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 am

The problem is one I already pointed out. I do not believe you. Yours and SOs claim is OP. Unless someone else besides you two claim the same role, and they would need to be more specific, you both said you were confused by your roles. It is my opinion that you both are scum. The rest of the players being either neutral or town.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon May 27, 2013 10:14 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Vote:Alex something just doesn't seem right with you're no care attitude ... although Eggs isn't much better ...
@Eggs: Given that you seem to have taken up a position of watching the game, do you have anything helpful to add?
@Reverse: Do you have evidence contradictory to any claims made by SO,Darth,and Rewind? otherwise i see no reason why you should go against what IMO seems quite a reasonable conclusion that these claims are at least truthful in a sense. Sure, the method behind these claims is less than perfect but with three players basically cross confirming each others claims its hard to believe that there is scum hiding in that trio.
Modnote:Rewind,Eggs,Sid,Alex,Darth,Reverse have received 1 prod each
I missed this post. No I do not have evidence, but you already knew that. I am going to take this post and analyze it. At this point... I may be inclined to believe they are telling the truth. Which leaves alex and eggs as the scum as my preferred lynch at this point. unvote
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue May 28, 2013 12:59 am

@Reverse - I was confused by my role because I wasn't sure if I was town or a neutral player that was town aligned.

at the moment I'm not sure if Alex or Eggs are flying under the radar or just have nothing useful to post as it stands I don't think they are scummy yet but that may just be due to lack of content from them.

Sid having given us his win con I am incline to leave alive so he may fulfill his win con tomorrow and if that doesn't happen then lynch him.

Rewind with his there may not be town or mafia argument makes me think he is an unaligned neutral (possibly dangerous).

Reverse and I have never seen eye to eye so I'm not going to take our current confrontation as a sign of scummyness but you are still second on my list. That being said you obviously have a solid alignment so you're either town, scum, or neutral. Two out of three say you're not town aligned.

Something just seems off about Overlords playing style, I can't put my finger on it though, I believe his claim, I'm thinking maybe he's not town aligned but I'm by no means certain which is why I'm not going to vote for him.

All this being said Vote: Rewind
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue May 28, 2013 3:59 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Modnote:Rewind,Eggs,Sid,Alex,Darth,Reverse have received 1 prod each
Excellent; we shouldn't have to be particularly lazy, then; one more prod is sure to turn up by the end of Day 2.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Overlord: Ok after re-reading my role pm I noticed I completely missed the (2 shot) posted on the end of Change of Heart, ok that's my bad I can only change twice.
Yep, same.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@I never said the only thing that stops me winning with town is if I'm recruited by the mafia, I said I can choose to support either mafia or town, in any case I'm not gifted with a night kill if I'm in support of mafia and if the mafia die before me my support changes to town, I don't see why you have such a problem with this?
Really? I was under the impression that if I was supporting a faction when they died, I would lose (otherwise I don't really see how I could lose); but I'll check with the mod.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Yours and SOs claim is OP.
If Change of Heart was unlimited-use or rapid action, and if our support switched to a surviving faction at the death of our alliance, that would be OP. With the restrictions in place, I think it's OK. You can look at it this way: I'm essentially a VT with a couple of second chances.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I am going to take this post and analyze it. At this point... I may be inclined to believe they are telling the truth. Which leaves alex and eggs as the scum as my preferred lynch at this point.
OK. If necessary, I'd be happy enough with Alex or Eggs.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 am

vote: Alex both darth and so gave fresh info on their role. And the other one agreed. SO could have just guessed his part though. Darth is there a part of the role you have not mentioned? Dont post it. I would like SO to post it if he can. Since your roles are the same. This wil leave few remaining options.

Alex. If there is anything you can claim about your role I ask you to do it now.

Eggs. Please post something along the lines of a preffered lynch list.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 am

Ok, let's start this off, this will be a long post.

firstly I'd just like to address this:
The King of Eggs wrote:
If I Could Rewind wrote:

I really dislike this. So much.

Vote: Rewind

You shouldn't vote, we'll ignore the whole 'explain later' thing, if you are not going to be on to take the vote off if need be.

That's a fair enough point, however I knew that I would have at least enough internet access to change my vote today. which is only one or two days after my original vote. My internet did come back faster than expected but I would have been able to post anyway even if it hadn't of come back. Still I have to agree it was bad form on my part. I just thought that Darth's claim was
1. unbelievable
2. bad for me if it was true
3. Over-powered
4. If he was town aligned now and was lynch then he can still win at the end game if I win with town.
5. If he could switch factional win cons at any time then that would be ridiculously overpowered and not something I would want to deal with. As he could reasonably claim town even under investigation. Then turn around and switch to Mafia at the last minute.

So yeah, basically it was a panic vote where I didn't have the time to really think. However I'd still probably do the same thing again because I had (past tense)trouble trusting the claim for various reasons. After further explanation it still seems like something I don't really like as he is an ally but only for now and only if he wants to be. Anyway that's basically my justification... whether or not it's really good.

[quote= "Supreme Overlord"]Ok, now that that's out of the way. Firstly I'd just like to point out this.
Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@I never said the only thing that stops me winning with town is if I'm recruited by the mafia, I said I can choose to support either mafia or town, in any case I'm not gifted with a night kill if I'm in support of mafia and if the mafia die before me my support changes to town, I don't see why you have such a problem with this?
Really? I was under the impression that if I was supporting a faction when they died, I would lose (otherwise I don't really see how I could lose); but I'll check with the mod.[/quote]
Can one of you please confirm this, as it's rather a big deal and the main original reason I thought your ability was too good to be true

That being said, I sort of believe both your claims for now. In my mind Both SO and Darth are either some sort of mason group that is either town or neutral and can talk during the day. Or the far more likely option that they're telling the truth. To be honest I really hate the idea of interchangeable win conditions, it's like every man for himself all over again. you're just waiting for someone to stab you in the back and if you ally yourself with said person I'd say that's akin to painting a nice red target that says insert knife here...

Ok, so I believe that someone asked for a willingness to vote/ who you think is most detrimental to your win con list. I'm feeling generous so I'll give out not only a list but also my reasoning behind it.
1. No Lynch
2. Eggs
3. SO
4. Sid
5. RS
6. Alex
7. Darth
Wow to be honest I didn't think it would end up with Darth being the least scummy... I should really Unvote Now as for where I'll place my vote, I would really like a no lynch because right now I feel like even if there is only one mafia, one person dying to a night kill is preferable to 2 people dying day one. Especially seeing as I have no clue who the mafia player is... I strongly suspect eggs, because sitting back and not doing much isn't normally his play style, he also seems to be playing much more conservative than normal but hey maybe I'm just imagining things cause he voted me Sad That being said, I should probably give my likelihood that someone is mafia list.
1. Eggs
2. SO
3. Sid
4. Reverse
5. Alex
6. Darth
Ok so I've already explained eggs so Ill start from SO. When Darth was claiming/ explaining his role. SO always probed for more details and then waited for Darth to give solid information before saying, Yes I have that as well. That just seems a little suspicious to me. Coupled with Darth's and Reverse's "there's something off about SO's play style" if myself plus two other people have this feeling then maybe there's something there. Also going back to something from a while ago. Claiming vanilla really isn't SO's style as pointed out by Eggs and not only did he first claim vanilla but he then changed his claim to a radically different role that has interchangeable win cons. So that he could be backed up by the evidence of another player and so that he'd still appear mostly "town" or "good". Next is Sid because I have an innate tendency to mistrust the Mod and I could see Mod knowledge not really helping over much in this setup where (so far) no one has claimed anything close to an investigative and or power role. Then comes RS for being less suspicious that Sid but more than Alex, then of course we have Alex and finally Darth at the bottom of this list... I'm really starting to regret my decision to vote Darth.

Just going back to my list of people I would lynch I'd just like to say the option of lynching Sid is really appealing to me now, because 1. he's the mod so it's kind of a safety lynch. 2. because well it's similar to a no lynch in the fact that most likely no town or mafia will be lynched. 3. Because I don't want to be wondering if he was telling the truth about his win con and I'd rather use Sid as a safety lynch then have more inactivity.

Ok so if you didn't want to read the whole thing he's my conclusion:
I think that either Eggs or SO is most likely Mafia.
I'd rather a No-lynch, egg's lynch or Sid lynch.
Right now I'm Unvote but I'll come back and vote this afternoon after I can think more clearly. (I don't like voting after a long post because I often lost sight of some things in the face of explaining other things in depth.)
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 am

Oh, I forgot to mention this at the start of my post but there is a conclusion at the end if you don't want to read the whole thing. Also I should say that "yes I do like lists" before someone asks me if I do. I think that lists are great especially for this kind of game, here are my reasons why.

1. They help group information on certain topics easily
2. They help to arrange your thoughts easily
3. they are easy to read and understand
4. you can convey a lot of information with only a few words
5. You can use multiple list to section off different groups of information clearly
6. you can use them to contrast two different but overlapping points
7.Because they're extremely easy to make.

Yeah I had some free time XD
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue May 28, 2013 5:40 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:
Mod Win Condition:
Supreme Overlord wrote:
Sid_The_Kid wrote:Modnote:Rewind,Eggs,Sid,Alex,Darth,Reverse have received 1 prod each
Excellent; we shouldn't have to be particularly lazy, then; one more prod is sure to turn up by the end of Day 2.
Note the excpetion in the wincon ... of the 6 only 5 count towards my wincon ... although this is still very doable given the game so far.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue May 28, 2013 6:29 am

Deadline is less than two days away. It'd be really handy to start wagoning to a majority, and forcing a claim. By my count, there are 2 votes on Rewind and Alex, and 1 each on Reverse and Eggs.
In fact, having said that, Vote: Alex. Claim everything, please (I know, I can't hammer you; but you can be deadline lynched with 3 votes)
So it's Alex 3, Rewind 2, and Eggs 1.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:vote: Alex both darth and so gave fresh info on their role. And the other one agreed. SO could have just guessed his part though. Darth is there a part of the role you have not mentioned? Dont post it. I would like SO to post it if he can. Since your roles are the same. This wil leave few remaining options.
I'll just quote my role PM (since that's allowed). Darth can confirm that he has the 'Resistance' ability:
Resident Role PM:
So, to any other Residents that haven't claimed, the 'Resistance' ability will work best if we're all supporting the same faction. If you're currently a Mafia-supporting Resident, I strongly suggest using Change of Heart to switch to Town Night 1. In that way, we can maximise the chances of Town winning, while also maximising the chances of the Rebels winning on the off-chance that Town does get eradicated.

Reverse, you seem to have come around. I just can't tell if it's Town 'good explanations = belief' or Mafia 'this isn't getting me anywhere, stop pushing'. Wanting to be recruited by scum doesn't look good. I still wouldn't shed any tears over your lynch, but at the moment your not the most viable candidate.

If I Could Rewind wrote:I just thought that Darth's claim was
1. unbelievable
2. bad for me if it was true
3. Over-powered
4. If he was town aligned now and was lynch then he can still win at the end game if I win with town.
5. If he could switch factional win cons at any time then that would be ridiculously overpowered and not something I would want to deal with. As he could reasonably claim town even under investigation. Then turn around and switch to Mafia at the last minute.
Why would Darth's claim be 'bad for you if true'? Also, why would 4. be a problem?
Rewind, I was under the impression that you were a Resident like Darth and I, from this:
If I Could Rewind wrote:the wording in my Role PM said *residents* rather than saying town.
Can you please confirm or deny that you are a Resident, and got the role PM I quoted above?

If I Could Rewind wrote:Can one of you please confirm this, as it's rather a big deal and the main original reason I thought your ability was too good to be true
I checked with Sid. Endgame resolves at the end of Night. So if the last Townie was lynched, any Residents with any Change of Heart shots remaining would be able to use it that Night before the game ends. Whether that's 'too good to be true' is up to interpretation, I guess; I'm assuming that it's probably fairly unlikely to happen - or possibly the death of the Town wouldn't be announced, leaving it purely guesswork as to if it's a good time to switch or not.

If I Could Rewind wrote:To be honest I really hate the idea of interchangeable win conditions, it's like every man for himself all over again. you're just waiting for someone to stab you in the back and if you ally yourself with said person I'd say that's akin to painting a nice red target that says insert knife here...
I'm not a fan of wincon-switching, either; although it's better if you can do it yourself rather than being forcibly recruited. That said, I think it's better for all Residents to be Town-aligned (if only for the possibility of the Rebels being stronger), and to keep Change of Heart in reserve in case of recruitment, in order to be able to switch back. It makes sense to pick a faction and stick with it; playing both sides is just asking for a mess in endgame.

If I Could Rewind wrote:When Darth was claiming/ explaining his role. SO always probed for more details and then waited for Darth to give solid information before saying, Yes I have that as well. That just seems a little suspicious to me.
Hopefully my role PM quote and Darth's subsequent confirmation (I assume) will ease your mind on this account. By the way, the reason I was probing Darth was because his original claim sounded so weird, and once it because clear he was a Resident I wanted to cross-confirm more for his benefit than for mine (since I knew my own role etc etc).

If I Could Rewind wrote:Claiming vanilla really isn't SO's style as pointed out by Eggs and not only did he first claim vanilla but he then changed his claim to a radically different role that has interchangeable win cons. So that he could be backed up by the evidence of another player and so that he'd still appear mostly "town" or "good".
Uh, where did I claim vanilla? Where did Eggs claim that it's not my style? I think you'll find that I never contradicted any of my early claims, rather that I revealed more bits and pieces as it became necessary - and they'll all fit with my role PM quoted above. (You may notice I never actually claimed Town, just that my role PM clearly stated there was a Town - that was to avoid any semantical arguments between 'Town-aligned' and 'Town-supportive')

If I Could Rewind wrote:Just going back to my list of people I would lynch I'd just like to say the option of lynching Sid is really appealing to me now, because 1. he's the mod so it's kind of a safety lynch. 2. because well it's similar to a no lynch in the fact that most likely no town or mafia will be lynched. 3. Because I don't want to be wondering if he was telling the truth about his win con and I'd rather use Sid as a safety lynch then have more inactivity.
No. Not at all. We don't have to wonder if he's telling the truth about his win con if we allow him to fulfill it. If he doesn't vanish on his own after the 7 prods, then 1. and 2. become fine arguments and we lynch him then. And we don't have to force inactivity any more, people will probably get two more prods accidentally by the end of Day 2. If they don't, then we can reconsider.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Note the excpetion in the wincon ... of the 6 only 5 count towards my wincon ... although this is still very doable given the game so far.
Ah, my bad. 2 more prods for Sid.

I think Rewind actually jumped a few places there. He didn't clarify about whether he's a Resident (and it's starting to look unlikely), and some of that logic is bad there. Of his four top lynch candidates/suspicions (no lynch, Eggs, Sid, myself), I think three of them are bad ideas - and two from an objective perspective. I won't vote him yet - I want him to explain his role - but if that explanation isn't satisfactory I think I'd be happy to lynch him.
(NB. This part was written before I checked the deadline and count, and voted Alex. It's still true - if Alex's claim is good and Rewind's is bad, I'd lynch Rewind - it just may not make as much sense given my vote for Aalex above.)
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

@Overlord - ok that confirms you, I do have the Resistance ability (when I said at the death of a faction I'd change to the other faction I was telling a slight lie in order to try and confirm info later, but if you give it up freely I don't have to) yeah if a faction I support dies a form a rebel faction (I'm assuming I can't change from rebel faction after this but I'll confirm this with the mod).

ok so with this in mind my new set up is at least two residents (possibly a third) one mafia, one neutral and two town or three town as such if you are a resident please speak up now
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue May 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Vote Count 7 of Day 1
Alex(3):Sid,Reverse,Overlord
Rewind(2):TKoE,Darth
TKoE(1):Alex
Not Voting (1): Rewind

With 7 votes in play, it’s 4 to lynch.
Deadline is 2 Weeks:30th of May 12pm.

Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm

A lot of people seem to believe that it's down to me or Alex....

Fine.

Vote: Alex
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 pm

No way; that's utterly ridiculous. No waiting for a claim, no threatening of a hammer. And as the votecount clearly shows, Rewind was second in line to be lynched, not Eggs. FoS: Eggs for tomorrow.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue May 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:No way; that's utterly ridiculous. No waiting for a claim, no threatening of a hammer. And as the votecount clearly shows, Rewind was second in line to be lynched, not Eggs. FoS: Eggs for tomorrow.

Never been one to beat around the bush.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next