Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

+3
Sid_The_Kid
Reverse Simplicity
The King of Eggs
7 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour - Page 5 Empty Re: Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:48 pm

OK then. Paraphrasing because rules.

I am ??? from ??? [???] (no idea why there are 2 sets of ? for my source material, can anyone else confirm?)

Then ??? alone on the next line.

I had a one shot ability ??? which did ??? that I activated Day 1. This ability was untargetable, simply yes or no. No change.

I have ??? for a wincon.

That makes 21 '?'s, and I have nothing left to give.

Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca for asking me to break rules, and distrusting my claim. Votecount now?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour - Page 5 Empty Re: Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Day 2 begins!

Vote count

Darth Skywalkerbacca 1 [Alex Steiner]
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:01 pm

I claim "crowded with questions" in the hint as referring to my role PM. With my vote I guide you through the storm.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 am

Alex Steiner wrote:I claim "crowded with questions" in the hint as referring to my role PM. With my vote I guide you through the storm.
You're a legend! As 'crowded with questions' points to your Role PM being truthful-as-claimed, in a show of good faith I'll Vote: Sid
Reverse, Darth; what do you think? Let Alex live for another Day, or lynch him anyway?

Alex Steiner wrote:I am ??? from ??? [???] (no idea why there are 2 sets of ? for my source material, can anyone else confirm?)
The first '???' is your origin, and the second '[???]' is your role name:
Supreme Overlord wrote:For your interest, I was literally 'Indigo, from Mind Screw Meadow', an [Unknown Seraphim].

... And I can't believe none of us noticed that Day 2 hadn't actually been declared open ...
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 am

Vote: SO  I still think there is a good chance you are still my equal but opposite.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:04 am

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Vote: SO  I still think there is a good chance you are still my equal but opposite.
Uh, OK.  Is that because of my play, or because of my claimed abilities? Can you check your abilities and tell me that you've got something corresponding to a) a rapid-action question, b) something to do with [???], and c) my mystery third ability, which is one-shot? (It's a mystery to you, that it; I know what it does)
Also, does your role name imply that you've got a counterpart somewhere? Because my role name doesn't, at all (certainly not anything even close to Indigo/Orange).
If you're so concerned, I'll fullclaim if I get to L-1.  But I really don't think it's in Town's best interests to lynch me; I was intending on getting to Day 3 with either a confirmed Townie alive (you, if I'm NK'd), or surviving myself to do another investigation, either getting another confirmed Townie, or catching a scum.

I won't be looking to attack you; I know you're Town.  I'm just wanting to point out that there's nothing to imply that we are opposites.
Could you tell me which of Alex and Sid you'd rather lynch today (assuming I can talk you out of lynching me), so I know where to vote?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 am

I would like your role name. That would give me enough info imo. I was trying to get a mass claim of some sort thinking town would understand why we need it. Even lies are information.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 am

Character name 'X from Y', or role name '[Z]'?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 am

Ill leave it to you to decide.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 am

as helpful as that was Overlord...

There is obviously something that we're missing, and I bet Eggs is pulling his hair out because we seem to be no closer to finding it. He did post a 'clue' but knowing Eggs that could just be a bunch on random crap that he came up with because our confusion over it would amuse him.

That being said I can't remember who but somebody forwarded the option that maybe somebody has to vote first, we might as well test this as I see no harm in it, after that we might want to test unanimous voting as well (worth a try).

so in order for this to work i will Unvote I advise everybody else to do the same then we will take turns in who votes first.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:16 am

The King of Eggs wrote:Day 2 begins!

Vote count

Darth: Problem solved
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Ill leave it to you to decide.
OK, I'm The Prophet of Delphi. That should be enough for you to figure out that I'm not your opposite any more.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:as helpful as that was Overlord...
I know, right? I'm the boss. You want to switch to Sid, or you still want to lynch Alex?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm

Where is Sid these days? Why are there no recent votecounts? What does Reverse say about Overlord's roleclaim? What is Reverse's rolename?

Seems only fair for Reverse to share.

Overlord: Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Town" when referring to Reverse? As someone in no faction, and no knowledge of what factions may exist, I don't know how you might have framed such a mod-question.

Darth is not playing to his usual standard. With his recent access troubles, I might be willing to forgive it, but he does need to get back and read properly. Seeing as I have no incentive for or against a lynch I find it hard to say more than that.

Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Vote count

Supreme Overlord 1 [Reverse Simplicity]
Sid_The_Kid 1 [Supreme Overlord]
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Alex Steiner wrote:Overlord: Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Town" when referring to Reverse? As someone in no faction, and no knowledge of what factions may exist, I don't know how you might have framed such a mod-question.
Since you asked so nicely, I'll even throw in my win con.  My question was 'Does Reverse Simplicity count as non town for the purposes of my win condition?', and I got a 'No' answer.  The reason for the double negative was due to the wording of my win con - paraphrased: "All non town players must be removed from the game".  Making sure Eggs couldn't find any loopholes.
So technically Reverse may not be Town, he's just not 'non town'.  But it's the same difference as far as my win con is concerned.

Reverse (or anybody), is your win con the same (allowing for the paraphrase)? Eggs indicated to me that each Town win con might be different, but they'll all get fulfilled at the same time.  The main point being, normally non-offensive neutrals like survivors must be killed for Town to win - which may include Eggs.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Sid_The_Kid has been prodded
If I Could Rewind has been prodded

The displeasure  of the mod be upon them

Last edited by The King of Eggs on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:00 am

Reverse Simplicity has been prodded
Darth Skywalkerbacca has been prodded

The displeasure of the mod be upon them
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 am

Sometimes I hate prods.

Unless I am to be lynched I don't see a need to claim anything. I didn't get the info I was hoping for from SOs claim. As I am the most confirmed town, I will be going last on the roster for claiming. I don't want people using my claim to claim friend rather than foe.

I wish you had not posted the win con. I was hoping to get rid of the scum before needing to eliminate neutrals... Once again I don't see that as a pro town play.

Unvote
Vote: Alex
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:58 am

Sorry for the absence, exams took a bit more of a toll than expected. 

first off SO you want to know why i didn't react to you and Darth attempting to lynch me, given that there were no mod posts i assumed that the votes were invalid (thus my abstract numbers vote which was merely a test).i didn't think it wise for me to give information on the grounds that the votecount could've been hidden. afterall the more information on the table the more informed choice scum can make. 

looking though the new content it seems being sent to hell doesn't kill, and considering that Rewind has been prodded i assume he can at least talk ( whether he can vote remains to be seen). 
@Rewind: has your role changed in any way? 
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:25 am

The King of Eggs wrote:If I Could Rewind has been prodded
Well, that's interesting.
Unvote
Vote: Rewind
No, we haven't yet established whether votes are an effective means of determining whether someone is in the game.
Vote: Cookie Monster

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I wish you had not posted the win con. I was hoping to get rid of the scum before needing to eliminate neutrals... Once again I don't see that as a pro town play.
Well, sorry ... again (hopefully postgame we can clear this up; our views are more different than I had thought). The game was stagnating ... again - posting is good, people! Still, there's no reason we can't still target scum before neutrals; I assume you are telling the difference by 'scum has a kill', since mechanically it's all the same to our wincon.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Vote: Alex
I'll wait to see what Darth says; I'm willing to go either way, so it's just you two that will need to agree.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:afterall the more information on the table the more informed choice scum can make.
So, what's your opinion on the information Alex, Reverse and I have been dropping?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 am

it's all rather believable although i'm not to sure on your claimed wincon as the basic town win con in most situations is "all non town players must be removed"
alex seems to be confirmed as crowded with questions ... for now
@Alex: i presume there is still no change to your role
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:53 am

Not a thing. I'm still flying blind. If anyone else has any brilliant ideas to unlock my role PM, that'd be great.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:it's all rather believable
But do you think it was a good or bad idea to reveal the info?

Sid_The_Kid wrote:although i'm not to sure on your claimed wincon as the basic town win con in most situations is "all non town players must be removed"
What do you mean by this? Is there something unbelievable about claiming the basic town wincon? (Although I would consider the basic town wincon as 'get rid of all anti-town'; ie you can let survivors etc live)

Alex and Sid, if you want to improve your chances of surviving this Day, it's in your best interests to vote for each other - anything to make the other's wagon more attractive.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 am

Okay, so I am thinking Darth, and I are town, Alex and Sid are neutral.

SO That is exactly the same as my win con, which leads me to believe you are also town.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 am

Why do dice lie?

Anyone going to claim being a holy light?

Not all the riddle is solved.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next