Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread

+4
Alex Steiner
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Leakycauldron
Supreme Overlord
8 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Hmm that does seem like an acceptable move. So should we lynch the mod? Bring on the night, act out the plan?

The only issue i see is if RS was converted even if the ability is true, if he fails to target Leaky tonight and Leaky kills its a "i can't be mafia, i was blocked by the mutant" story.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Actually, thinking on it...@RS what is the exact wording of your blocking ability? Are you just assuming its a full ability block?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:10 pm

If the same person is targeted by this power 3 times they will permanently lose access to their abilities.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:23 pm

FoS: Sid

Sorry, but the two of you seem to be putting on a show.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Higher response/active times equates to a show how exactly? I merely want the ball to roll. As i stated i'd deduced that an attempt at me was likely tonight, as such it was advantageous to publicise what i know rather than letting scum catch a break by burrying my information with me.

The only reason i'm hesitant to believe your towniness is because i taking the inactive nights to be a cult activity. But you have countered this although with such little activity i'm hesitant to believe.

If i am indeed wrong about the actions of n2/n3 i apologize for putting a target on your head but at least now one of us should survive. but if i'm right and you were converted, it doesn't matter what night, at least the others will be wary of you. Afterall i'd hate to give you a confirmed status that you no longer deserve.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:10 am

Unvote
Vote: IICR

Well, you seem to be adamant that there is a recruitment cult situation going on. You confirmed me town and are now taking it back?

Going along the lines that you have drawn I am going to make some assertions.

If Leaky had two abilities, one to recruit, one to kill night one he killed SO. Who he recruited would have to be someone else who is at least semi active, inactive players are no help when trying to get majority for lynch.

I'd say that puts you next in line sid, after SO. Leaky will be disabled tonight, and without enough people actively playing it seems we will be at a stalemate.

What does make me inclined to believe you, is that you are the only one who has info dumped. I guess we'll see what happens.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:27 am

@RS i suppose that does make very good sense. the main point i'm trying to make about your confirm is that if N2/N3 were cult activity your N1 flip may be inaccurate for the current situation. i'm more inclined to believe the blocker story but i'm still wary that you didn't share a deduction on Leaky afterall you obviously believed he was a worthy target for a second night.

did you target anyone Night 1 ?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Oh damn, I thought I did share. I targeted Leaky night 2 due to his lack of tidbit. When no kill occurred night 2 I again targeted him night 3.

I targeted SO night one. To be honest that was more random than anything else.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:07 pm

You might have, i just may not have picked up on it.

I doubt any night 1 activity wasn't random.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Side note: activity obviously affects the deadline cause this is well past 22 hours since the last mod post
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:32 am

Sorry, been ill recently. On with the show!

Vote count the 13th: mora edition

Leakycauldron: 1 Reverse Simplicity
If I Could Rewind: 1 If I Could Rewind:
The King of Eggs: 1 Sid_The_Kid
Reverse Simplicity: 1 Leakycauldron
Not Voting:  Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca,

Darth Skywalkerbacca: 1 Reverse Simplicity

Not FoSing: Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron, Sid_The_Kid,

If I Could Rewind - Rules infraction Day 4
Reverse Simplicity - Rules infraction Day 4
Sid_The_Kid - Rules infraction Day 4
Hours to Deadline - 11
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Deadline has fallen!

No Lynch - Day 4

Cadit tenebri
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Day 5 begins

Welcome to the hugbox
Sol Cristas
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:13 am

Vote: IICR

I believe sid is now the most likely to be scum. He out of the blue info-dumped, he also seems to know that scum is based on one a single scum whom then recruit members of the town into a cult.

Again I'll say that it seemed a lot like Leaky and Sid had been discussing their interaction before actually posting to the forum.

If anyone has a better suggestion for next lynch I would very much like to hear about it.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Well lets see, last night seemed to go to your plan RS. Unless you have something to add.

Ok, i know my tactic may have seemed highly flawed but seriously RS with one night kill occured and two nights inactivity with a seemingly inactive town would you have held that knowledge close? Would you have gone calmly into the night with the knowledge of a active scum? I also wanted to see with something to discuss if the activity, which seems to help keep night at bay, would pick up.

Notice in my info dump that i don't know that this game involves a cult it was just merely my hunch on how the evidence, or lack of, could be explained. It is best to be open to all possibilities. I may have pushed the cult idea too much but so far the only thing that discredits my hypothesis is your claim of ability blocking and well ... I hope i'm not the only one who can see how that may just be a cover or a part of the truth.

Remember Leaky is scum, even in a low activity game would he not try to fit in?

RS ... Do you know something i don't about the voting? You build points on me yet you vote "seemingly" random. Care to discuss/explain this action? Afterall in most cases i'd assume at least a FoS would be expected.

As there is six votes i assume a 4 vote majority is needed. That remains the case if its a player majority needed and not a vote majority ( assuming because the mod is targetable that eggs is like a mute voteless player)
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:41 pm

The voting is not random. The redirection seems specific. Voting IICR targets Leaky. I would FoS but it appears that it works on a different set of redirection.

My Role PM doesn't say anything about the votes.

If I can find the last scum (Assuming cult is correct, which I do agree that it seems likely, so there should be only one left (Recruited night one) then that still leaves the matter of actually voting them off. Which at this point is feeling impossible due to inactivity.

PROD REQUEST
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:43 am

you are assuming it's redirection and not misdirection.

Another assumption, that the night kill N1 wasn't scum.

But i agree that there is likely at least a second scum.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:49 am

I find it more likely redirection than misdirection. For reasons including that you have said that you are sure its misdirection, which would be a good way for scum to vote off someone that town doesn't want voted off.

I'm assuming that the N1 kill was leaky. that he also managed to recruit you into his cult.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:12 am

OP scum is OP?

I see what you're on about but the thing is how predictable is eggs tongue it's ms theres only one way to find out which way the direction goes the issue of course is we need 4 people to decide to lynch the target / vote count namesake.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:36 am

Starting with one and needing to recruit people. If he is a cult leader I am now having regrets of blocking him a third time. Since the only way I can see to end this game now is for scum to slowly kill off/recruit town.

-sigh-

PLEASE MOD PROD THEM ALL
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:07 am

i second that motion

Yea that does seem the only endgame with this activity.

what i'm not understanding is you assume that leaky could double activity at night (NK and recruit on N1).
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Yeah, its not implausible. Assuming leaky began as the only mafia, it would be entirely reasonable for him to have both abilities. It might be limited to only night one or until he managed to recruit X cultists.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:22 pm

I must add, that its entirely possible the only mafia (other than leaky) is actually one of the lurkers.

What did you do last night sid? I did as I said I would, and targeted leaky again with my ability, totally nullifying his abilities.

Which I have just realized is way OP for a mafia game. Yours appears to give too much information for a standard investigation role. And SO was immune to the rules (Or something like that) Making it entirely reasonable for Leaky to be that powerful.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:50 pm

a valid hypothesis. Theres two ways to test that. One involves four votes an the other involves me surviving another night.

I investigated IICR and got a town flip.

Sounds like a super swingy setup. Or maybe its cause we're building framework on a faulty slab. I think SO was more of a survivor type role, he needed to survive till day x for rule reveal. Or maybe he was a lynch bomb.

Are you certain your ability blocks all abilities of a target?

Assuming a standardized format of role pm i assume everyone can see exactly what piece of information i get. i can't comment strongly on wether its too much but its elementary that the game must move forward until Eggs announces endgame or failure of the special sauce recipe.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:55 am

Vote:IICR

Sorry for not being as active. The format so far is pretty confusing to me as well.

I think that either a Leaky lynch would probably be most beneficial for town. With a lurker Lynch being second most beneficial.

It seems weird that there is once again no NK, Especially with Sid claiming an Investigative role + Reverse Claiming Role blocker. 2 of the worst abilities for Mafia to go up against with neither of them being lynched is suspect to say the least. That being said at this point I'm pretty sure that both Sid and Reverse are telling the truth and are either town or Neutral. Assuming that Reverse did in fact Role-block Leaky this implies heavily that Leaky is either Scum or has a night kill ability.

The other options in which leaky doesn't flip Scum are pretty bad for the town. Seeing as it would imply that Scum have an ability that doesn't rely on NK'ing, the most likely ability being assimilation in which case we've basically already lost, due to it being the 4th day.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Ok ... I sense that i'll be nk'd so i best publicise my knoledge before deadline.

I know there is two players with the same name.
I know RS as of night 1 was a Town Mutant
I know Leaky is a Mafia Sithlord
I know that i wasn't targeted for roleblocking N3 ( it was a section of my role that i fail d3/n3)
I know that my ability failed on N1 but i can't explain why.
Sid you said that your ability failed N1 but you still managed to find out that RS was a Town Mutant, how does that work?

Also what did my town flip say, Ie. the name of my role. I was going to claim soon anyway probably to try and compile information so I don't mind if people know.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next