Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread

+4
Alex Steiner
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Leakycauldron
Supreme Overlord
8 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 am

Ok i'm throwing my opinion in the ring and saying it has to do with either a lack of formating "key words" or some obscure thing where posts have to be of a given size.

The mod has used crazier tactics before Razz
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Mindscrew V: the Moderator Strikes Back! Game Thread

Post by If I Could Rewind Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:31 am

I have an idea about what the cause of the "Rule breaks" is. However it's not super likely and more importantly I need a larger sample size before I can really even consider it.

That being said I'm really behind activity. According to the memberlist Eggs hasn't been on since Sid posted so I'm waiting to see whether or not his post is breaking rules.

Also FoS: Darth For lurking
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:45 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:Reverse, I'm all for a Day 1 Eggs lynch, but to play devil's advocate for a moment: has lynching Eggs Day 1 ever actually been a good idea in previous MS games?
IIRC we got a list of rules at least once after lynching Eggs.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Reverse Simplicity wrote:
Supreme Overlord wrote:Reverse, I'm all for a Day 1 Eggs lynch, but to play devil's advocate for a moment: has lynching Eggs Day 1 ever actually been a good idea in previous MS games?

This is a good point, I don't think I'd pin my hopes on it as things have a way of not being what you would expect in mind screw but I would definitely settle for Eggs as my backup lynch I'll see how the rest of the day unfolds, especially how the rule breaking drama unfolds.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:46 pm

Someone make a markov chain of previously said words to test for word or letter triggers. Unless bold words that aren't lynches are a trigger?
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Reverse Simplicity - Rules infraction Day 1
Sid_The_Kid - Rules infraction Day 1
Leakycauldron - Rules infraction Day 1
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:05 pm

Of the following four posts, IICR only received three infractions.
If I Could Rewind wrote:Ok just pointing out that every post I've made =  1 rule infraction, this is the same with Reverse... yet SO has no current rule infractions so far. I'm not too sure that this means anything but I just thought I'd compile the information for now.
If I Could Rewind wrote:With that I would urge more people to post so we can see who else draws rule infractions for posting.

also I guess I should Vote: Supreme Overlord Why don't you draw "rule infractions" for every post you make?
If I Could Rewind wrote:Eh I guess but both me and reverse have voted at times and still gotten a rule infraction from it.

Example: If you match up the number of posts me and or Reverse has made it exactly equals the number of times eggs has used the phase  Reverse Simplicity - Rules infraction Day 1 or IfICouldRewind - Rules infraction Day 1.
If I Could Rewind wrote:
If I Could Rewind wrote:Unvote

Forgot to do this

Was literally the first thing I tried after my first rule infraction Sad
-----------------------------
Of the following two posts, IICR received no infractions.
If I Could Rewind wrote:I have an idea about what the cause of the "Rule breaks" is. However it's not super likely and more importantly I need a larger sample size before I can really even consider it.

That being said I'm really behind activity. According to the memberlist Eggs hasn't been on since Sid posted so I'm waiting to see whether or not his post is breaking rules.

Also FoS: Darth For lurking
If I Could Rewind wrote:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:

This is a good point, I don't think I'd pin my hopes on it as things have a way of not being what you would expect in mind screw but I would definitely settle for Eggs as my backup lynch I'll see how the rest of the day unfolds, especially how the rule breaking drama unfolds.
Can anyone see anything that is different about three of these posts compared to all of IICR's posts?
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Leaky, as a newcomer, what's your ideal play for what you'd like to see Day 1?
(Before we inevitably shove our meta down your throat.)

Preview edit: quotes? Quote = not rule infraction? Double quote 2 negatives make a positive?
That's just off the top of my head though, and it doesn't apply to me since I haven't quoted yet (must be some kind of record). Maybe it's different for different people.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Whoops; disregard the 2 negatives make a positive.
I thought you said the latter two had two infractions.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Vote count the 4th: immutata edition

The King of Eggs: 1 Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity: 1 Supreme Overlord

Not Voting:  Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron, Sid_The_Kid

The King of Eggs: 1 Supreme Overlord

Not FoSing: Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron, Reverse Simplicity, Sid_The_Kid,

No Rules infractions at the moment
And yes, this VC is correct
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:35 pm

FoS: The King of Eggs
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Could we get a bit more bandwagoning going? Eggs is a decent Day 1 lynch, but it'd be nice to have alternatives.
Which will be tricky if the vote count is frozen.
Unvote
Vote: Leaky

Nothing personal, just a welcome to the game and some incentive to respond!
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:14 am

Vote count the 5th: diripienda edition

Alex Steiner: 1 Supreme Overlord

Not Voting:  Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron, Sid_The_Kid

If I Could Rewind: 1 Reverse Simplicity
Not FoSing: Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron, Sid_The_Kid,

Reverse Simplicity - Rules infraction Day 1
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:30 am

Huh
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 am

Well ok... On with the game... Lynching a non-player is a mechanic trigger. This doesn't neccasarily mean that its a safe move.

A mechanical change may include, like previous games, a rule reveal but it could also mean a skipped phase or a role reshuffle.

On that note i suppose its best to get it out in the open ASAP

Vote:The King of Eggs
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 am

Vote count the 6th: amoveo edition

If I Could Rewind: 1 Sid_The_Kid

Not Voting:  Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron,

Not FoSing: Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, If I Could Rewind, Leakycauldron, Sid_The_Kid,

If I Could Rewind - Rules infraction Day 1
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:07 am

If I Could Rewind wrote:Huh

Seeing as this caused a Rule infraction I would hazard a guess that what causes rule infractions has nothing to do with what a post has in it, maybe it revolves around roles, time, or something else I'm not thinking of it could even be that you need to include something in your post to not cause a rule infraction... Also what causes rule infractions may be different for each individual and or each faction...

I'll copy one of SO's posts for my next post just to check some of the above mentioned things.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:08 am

Vote: Eggs
For greater glory of Mod.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:19 am

Vote count the 7th: iugis edition

If I Could Rewind: 1 Sid_The_Kid
Reverse Simplicity: 1 If I Could Rewind
Not Voting:  Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, Leakycauldron,

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:32 am

I'm an idiot for posting those both one after the other but one of them didn't draw a rule infraction and so...
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:33 am

Seeing as this caused a Rule infraction I would hazard a guess that what causes rule infractions has nothing to do with what a post has in it, maybe it revolves around roles, time, or something else I'm not thinking of it could even be that you need to include something in your post to not cause a rule infraction... Also what causes rule infractions may be different for each individual and or each faction...

I'll copy one of SO's posts for my next post just to check some of the above mentioned things.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:36 am

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:20 am

If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:30 am

Twiddles thumbs
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:34 am

Sorry to the mod for constantly messing up what I was trying to do...

I wonder if Colour stops my rule infractions Very Happy
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next