Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reverse Simplicity Mafia Scum (V1)

+3
The King of Eggs
Alex Steiner
Reverse Simplicity
7 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Reverse Simplicity Mafia Scum (V1) - Page 4 Empty Re: Reverse Simplicity Mafia Scum (V1)

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:23 am

I'm against it because that way the serial killer/scum will know who to target.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Reverse Simplicity Mafia Scum (V1) - Page 4 Empty Re: Reverse Simplicity Mafia Scum (V1)

Post by Mikey b0y Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:06 pm

true and town can only lynch one person each day. Even if there is vigs. Scum may have roleblocking abilities. meaning they just roleblock vigs and kill them.

I serioulsy think that we shuld wait till day 2 or 3 to have a massclaim. That way there would be less players. Hopefully more town than scum, that way we lynch a scum, and then kill the rest at night.
Mikey b0y
Mikey b0y

Scum Credits : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:50 am

For (3):
Overlord, Alex, Eggs
Against (3):
Darth, Rewind, Mikey

Hmm, deadlock. Rewind, you say the SK and scum will know who to target, but either we can figure out who the town/non-town are, and just lynch them, or if we can't tell who's who, neither can the scum/SK.

Mikey, scum definitely do have roleblocking abilities, but town has roleblockers as well. With more information out there, they will be able to make a more informed decision about who to roleblock (and vigs to kill). Also, in later days, dead people cannot give information about Night 0 (like if they were roleblocked).

To keep the game moving, Vote: Mikey. He didn't seem to realise about town's abilities, and that this game may not make it to Day 3 (and town may not have a majority then).
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:46 am

Massclaim breaks open setups.

I just noticed a problem. Wed on't know if we lynch scum or not. If we have 3 "town roleblockers", how do we know if we got the liar?

I must consider this. In general massclaim beats open setups.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 am

Because town roles can truthfully account for their actions. Scum will either have to lie, or be forced into the open and have to justify everything. I don't think it will be broken, exactly, just everything should be easier.

What you've said is not a point for, but I don't think it's a point against either.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:27 am

could we have a vote count plz
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Overlord - How exactly do you plan to force scum into the open, it it not that hard to make a credible lie, what is harder is to tell if it is a lie or not (in which, admit it, you don't have the greatest track record).

Your philosophy that scum will somehow reveal themselves I can not see as anything but naive, you seem to have built up an idea about how scum act which to me is foolish because every time you play the scum is a different person and different people have different playing styles that aren't set to some default frame of reference depending on which alignment you have.

Also you seem to think that everybody cares deeply about their win condition, I'm living proof against this, so please don't assume that everbody is playing to their win condition, because those smart enough not to play to their win condition are those that best play to their win condition.

Just something to think about
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Any player that is specifically playing against their win condition will be removed! You must always be trying to win!
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:06 pm

I didn't say I was playing against it I just don't care if I play for it.

I understand, just be careful... Not playing towards winning ruins the game for others.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:45 am

In this game we can catch people in lies, because every night action can be accounted for; either someone dies (public), or someone is roleblocked (private if survive, public if killed). If we massclaim, all night action information will be made public.

Then, we can analyse the claimed night actions, compare them to the claimed results (and most importantly, the public results), and find any discrepancies. Does anyone dispute this?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 am

As you have already claimed night actions it isn't hard for scum to say that they did something they didn't or for scum to have already said something they didn't you won't know.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey b0y Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:49 am

mod could we please have a vote count.
Mikey b0y
Mikey b0y

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:17 am

Unofficial Vote Count:
Mikey (2) - Rewind, Lord
Darth (1) - Alex
I suppose it's 4 to lynch.

That's it (hey, I had time).

Darth, chances are scum will have to claim before at least one townie (and for clarity, I'm calling anti-town scum; I'll say SK or Mafia if I want to be specific). Once all actions are claimed, we can look for discrepancies.

For example, if I claimed to be a roleblocker and I roleblocked you, and you claimed to not have been roleblocked last night, one of us is lying. Do you disagree?

Also, that's why I suggested that I go first (either I'm town, fine, or I'm scum and you've locked me in, good for you). That's also why I suggest claiming roles first (everyone), then whether you were roleblocked (everyone), then what actions you did (everyone). Possibly even claim roleblockedness before roles. Opinions?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:48 am

Listen up guys:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:Deadline on the 23/10/10 at 11:30
Reverse Simplicity wrote:Deadline has been moved forward!
At this point, I wouldn't say no to a No Lynch; it will give even more information for Day 2, but Night 0 actions and 'I was roleblocked' could be lost. I think the logic puzzle should be fairly easy with two nights of information.

That said, I'd really like to get this claim underway today. Rewind, Mikey or Darth, are any of you willing to change your mind? If so, I'll full claim, and you guys can follow afterwards, first RB'd or not, then role, then actions. OK?

Alex and Eggs, if you care more than 'well, OK', please speak up.

Mod: Can we get our deadline extended (the rules don't say one way or another)?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:29 am

Why can't the mods tell us the stuff we need to know. I want votecounts, number to lynch deadlines and aboe all death reveals.

/rant

Yes, extend the deadline if possible.

Claim the roleblocked Y/N first, then perhaps ask for submissions of who did it and why.

For example, who blocked Tim? Once they claim, we ask if they got blocked, and it continues from there.

Or maybe that won't work. What if someone claims not to have been blocked. I suppose then we ask who they "actioned".
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:41 am

I don't really like 'asking who did it'; it seems to be a bit ambiguous/people could hide in gaps. That's why I like a specified order.

My plan (with another yes vote):
I'll claim role/actions/RB'd
I'll nominate someone
They claim RB'd or not, and nominate someone
Last person to claim RB'd or not nominates someone to claim role
They claim role and nominate someone
Last person to claim role nominates someone to claim Night 0 action
They claim Night 0 action and nominate someone

We have lots of information to sift through, and can decide to lynch or not.
Darth, Rewind, Mikey, Eggs, Alex, make your thoughts on this clear.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am

ok let me go first I'm a roleblocking serial killer

I killed Supreme Overlord
I blocked Alex Steiner

but can you trust this information or could i have made it up using the information we have
discuss
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 am

Works for me, Vote: Darth.
I guess you weren't roleblocked Night 0?
See, this matches the given information: Alex claimed to roleblocked, and Overlord-1 was killed. [Wait; a thought just came to me. Was that your intention, to only match the information we have. Either way, someone might still claim to have roleblocked you, or not, which could invalidate your claim.]

Anyway, your claim is tacit approval of the massclaim, so I'm a vigilante, but I didn't kill Night 0. I'm yet to hear back whether I was roleblocked or not, but that is a formality at this point.

Alex and Eggs have claimed to be roleblocked, so Mikey, were you roleblocked Night 0?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

Vote:Darth

because I am town Vig and I killed Overlord
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey b0y Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 am

I was roleblocked in night 0, and i am a town roleblocker.

However i misunderstood that you could have night actions on night 0 so ididnt send a pm to the mod

Vote: Darth

We cannot know for sure if he is telling a lie or the truth.
Mikey b0y
Mikey b0y

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 am

Well, if he's lying, he deserves to be lynched, and if he's telling the truth, he's an SK and deserves to be lynched.

That said, SK is a nonsensical claim. More likely he's a Mafia (probably goon) trying to draw attention away from his partner.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:20 am

And now he's dead?

OK.

Just confirming I was roleblocked Night 0.

Now who?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:21 am

ok don't believe me
I've already been lynched
I'm not scum
And just because I killed you dosen't mean you should hold a grudge against me Overlord.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:29 am

Not scum yet SK ... right.
This is good news, because there are at most two liars left.

Alex or Eggs, claim role and action (twilight probably won't last)
Everyone, then use that information, try to find a discrepancy, and use your ability accordingly.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:39 am

Just sos you know

Your mental state is seriously affected by the poisonous purple fog. You have the urge to kill!
You are a Role Blocking Serial Killer by night. You have two night abilities.
1. You may kill one person each night.
2. You may role block one person each night.
You win when all other players are dead.
Reverse Simplicity
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next