Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Resplect Multiplayer

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Minecraft Resplect Multiplayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Minecraft Resplect Multiplayer

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 pm

A few things.
First: A slightly outdated minecraft demo. For those of you still unsure whether you want to buy it (I was hesitant too, but I have no regrets Very Happy ). Disclaimer: I haven't tried it. Edit: I have now. It has a pregenerated world, and they thought it'd be a good idea to give you iron tools, torches and a flint and steel. In a forest. Much fun was had burning everything. Time limited to 100 minutes, but that's more than enough time to get a feel for it. My advice? Ignore the chest of stuff, and set out on your own. Be sure to punch the PCG branded cows. Find some wood, mine in a cave, build a shelter etc etc.

Second: Updated the server to 1.7.3, so now we have pistons (among other things). Pistons let you move blocks around, so secret doors, hidden bridges, self-repairing walls, and automatic farms are all possible.

Third: I started a separate world for fun, then Eggs joined, and after we both found diamonds, it turned into a pvp murderfest. Burning buildings, flooded mines (his with water, mine with lava), stealing chests, epic battles, dog murder (I'll never forgive him for that Sad ). Eventually we both salvaged what we could and abandoned the shared base and went our separate ways. I've made myself a hidden base a distance from spawn, and I'm planning to upgrade it with a piston door (completely invisible from the surface) next time I'm on. Since the valuables were lost, new players will be on equal footing. Just going to establish the spawn area (where the ruins of the old bases are) as a safe zone.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Resplect Multiplayer - Page 3 Empty Re: Minecraft Resplect Multiplayer

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey your dog was attacking me! Also with the ruins of "firstholme" considered a safe zone, a message to those tempted by the lingering supplies. killing creepers has advantages, and I'm rather good with redstone traps Very Happy
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:45 am

Firstly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ9JL5E9gc

Played a few hours of Minecraft with Eggs and RS, and I think it went rather well. Together we lost around 30 diamonds to lava while trying to kill each other.

Thirdly: Through experimentation, I have a mildly-modded server ready to run with no rules (as in you're allowed to murder and pilfer whatever you can get away with). The differences from the above server are twofold. The server announces when and how someone died, and the names above players heads are hidden (so that you can't be seen through walls). My goals for this server are medium-scale anarchy. I have 4 players interested so far, who else might be?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:35 am

+1 to the new server.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3