Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Thread

5 posters

Go down

Anime Thread Empty Anime Thread

Post by If I Could Rewind Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm

So, I've gathered from the amount of anime references thrown around this forum that I'm not the only one here who quite enjoys anime.

That being said I'm sure that a lot of you have much more diverse anime knowledge than me as I dabble more than anything else... Well when I say dabble I mean I spent so much time catching up on the big 4 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Fairy tail) that I didn't have much time to explore too much else till now.

I suppose to start this off I'll do one of those weird introduction circles that I always hated in school.

Hi my name is If I Could Rewind, this summer I killed a man, my hobbies are varied and not for you to know about and my favorite anime of all time is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. That being said Code Geass is a close second, with Hunter X Hunter coming in at third. Right now I'm only watching One piece, the new Hunter X Hunter and shingeki-no-kyojin (Attack on Titan). I was also watching Magi: The Labyrinth of magic and Fairy tail. I've also watched a variety of series including but not limited to, Sword art online, //.Hack (most of them) and Ao No Exorcist (I may have spelled that one wrong).

If anyone want's my opinions on anime or ideas on what to watch next just ask. Also if other people would like to share it would be awesome.

Only those who are prepared to post should be the ones posting - Lelouch
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Anime Thread Empty Re: Anime Thread

Post by Alex Steiner Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Oooh! This is my jam!

Anime I have watched, in no particular (Alphabetical) order:
Angel Beats!, Baccano!, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Clannad (After Story), Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Daily Lives of High School Boys, Death Note, Fate/Zero, Fullmetal Alchemist (:Brotherhood), Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

More recent acquisitions include Nichijou and Attack on Titan (aka Shingeki no Kyojin).

There are also movies such as Ghost in the Shell, My Neighbour Totoro, Paprika, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

I renamed the thread, since I foresee this getting pretty big.

I assume you've seen episode 9 of Shingeki? Time for spoiler tags!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Alex Steiner on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah I have seen episode 9, I thought it was to some degree predictable but still good. I just like the fact that I have a darker more sinister and angsty anime to add to my watching list. I mean Hunter X Hunter has heaps of gore and stuff but even it has lots of childishness.

Also I didn't even think of movies, I have also seen Ghost in a shell and Totoro. However I think my favorite movie is Akira (the 1980s *i think* one) I find it strange that I'm the only person I know who sympathized with Tetsuo. I really liked his character probably more than any of the other ones in the movie. Much later I read part of the manga and it's completely different to how the movie is and I could see why lots of people dislike Tetsuo more as he is much more sinister in that.

Anyway, I guess I should have mentioned this earlier but my preferred genre of anime is fantasy, normally with that innocent yet adult kind of humor that shows like fairy tail, one piece, hunter X hunter, code Geass and magi are full of. Also, the animation quality doesn't have to be top notch as lone as the story and characters make up for it. Also I really love anime's that include those *them feels* moments where you feel genuine emotion because of something that's happened in the show.

As a side note I would highly recommend Hunter X hunter to anyone who hasn't yet watched it. It contains a great balance between childish innocence and adult maturity, often teetering on the edge of making by doing things like making genocidal characters seem likable to some degree. Anyway it really is a good anime (in my opinion) and although it's taken more than 10 years were finally past the greed island arc Very Happy
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:26 am

Ohh,

Allow me to add Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka and Highschool of the Dead to the "Anime Resplect Enjoys" list. (ok, maybe it's just me but Razz). I also enjoy many of the ones Alex posted.

(How did this take so long?)
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Talking about things I like! I could go on and on (and probably will), but I'll start off brief. My favourite anime series are Clannad, Code Geass, Fate/Zero, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Mirai Nikki, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate and Suzumiya Haruhi. Neon Genesis Evangelion gets an honorable mention; the series is only decent, but the remake movies are excellent (although I've only seen 2 of 4).

My absolute favourite tends to depend on what I'm into at the time. For example, I'm currently watching Robotics;Notes, which is a sequel series to Steins;Gate, so I'm remembering how awesome it was. I also recently rewatched Mirai Nikki as well, and it was fantastic.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:36 am

This thread took its sweet time, obviously I've watched a bit of anime, not as much as most of you because I like to work within the confines of the law.

That being said some that I've watched recently and enjoyed: Claymore, Darker Than Black and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (the tv series, though I enjoy the movies as well)

Things I've watched recently that I thought were decent but lacking in some areas: Chrome Shelled Regios (The plot isn't that great but its interesting enough), Devil May Cry (Actually quite good when you take into account that it is based on the video game and video games are rarely successfully transplanted onto the tv screen), Death Note (Which I enjoyed for the most part, but I found my interest trailing off by the end of it)

Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:46 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:This thread took its sweet time, obviously I've watched a bit of anime, not as much as most of you because I like to work within the confines of the law.
Bahaha.

I finished Robotics;Notes a while back. It was solid. Recently I watched Air and Kanon. Air was acceptable. Kanon is my new favourite anime series.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 am

AYUUUUUU!
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748