Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 2.0 Day 3

+3
Supreme Overlord
Alex Steiner
The King of Eggs
7 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 2.0 Day 3 - Page 5 Empty Re: Mindscrew 2.0 Day 3

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 am

Me roll is to trolll atm, my nmae only reflects this. I was tryyin ta mke it clear tat why I wsa postin like dis was ta do with my role. I wsa hopin to have a rell by nowss, thats why I didn bothre cliamin the reroll.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 pm

in general i know what my ability does , although in the scope of the game i don't know what my ability does , like knowing a function but not being able to destinguish it's output without input
as for why i haven't said anything about it i saw no way of revealing my ability without spelling it out
i did not target Alex, although it would help if we knew who did
as for self voting, i don't believe anyone else has a self voting aspect to thier role, it almost seemed unimportant
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Well not that I see this ending well but I'm a Jester with variable lynch count (I think) depending on what I (or maybe others) do (once again I think) so lynching me is out.

Also has anybody tried writing Finger of Suspicion instead of FoS (take into mind you don't just use V to mean vote so maybe FoS isn't shortened)

Vote: Supreme Overlord
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 am

Mod: Vote count please.
(And good luck finding those plaintext votes in the more massive posts.)

This occurred to me earlier, but I forgot to mention it. As Alex said, the Doctor and Discord are mad gods (and Angel is not); 'The King of Eggs' as a role could easily count as a mad god (since, you know, Eggs is the mod of Mind Screw).

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Me roll is to trolll atm, my nmae only reflects this. I was tryyin ta mke it clear tat why I wsa postin like dis was ta do with my role. I wsa hopin to have a rell by nowss, thats why I didn bothre cliamin the reroll.
OK, that makes sense. Just keep us posted, then, I guess.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Well not that I see this ending well but I'm a Jester with variable lynch count (I think) depending on what I (or maybe others) do (once again I think) so lynching me is out.
Why would lynching you be out? I for one would be happy to lynch you today; any lynch is better than none and you are at least claimed non-town. Anything you can do, or get us to do, that will lower your lynch count will be appreciated. Voting yourself will help as well.
Unvote
Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Also has anybody tried writing Finger of Suspicion instead of FoS (take into mind you don't just use V to mean vote so maybe FoS isn't shortened)
The King of Eggs wrote:Players not voting: ...

Players not FoSing: ...
This indicates that 'FoS' is official. Having had the idea, though; why didn't you test it out yourself?
Finger of Suspicion: Darth Skywalkerbacca

Also, Darth; to clarify; your role is unclear on how your abilities work? Is your win condition clear?
I wonder if I lucked out and got a role that was clear on everything.

Reverse, Sid; what are your opinions on lynching Darth. Keeping in mind that if you don't want to lynch Darth today, I'll have a go at lynching Sid.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Well not that I see this ending well but I'm a Jester with variable lynch count (I think) depending on what I (or maybe others) do (once again I think) so lynching me is out.

Also has anybody tried writing Finger of Suspicion instead of FoS (take into mind you don't just use V to mean vote so maybe FoS isn't shortened)

Vote: Supreme Overlord

^^THIS IS PLAYING SO MANY MIND GAMES WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!, is he actually a JESTER!?!?!??!?!?!. Or does he just NOT WANT TO BE LYNCHED!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Anyway, I've been trying to follow what's been happening so far and I'd just like to point out that WE WERE ALL GIVEN CHARACTER NAMES "I assume?!!?!?!?!?!!" hence Darth should claim the name he was given!?!?. Apart from this, so far I'd say that all the character names given out are of beings that could easily be classified as mad??????, BUT WITH GODLIKE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Maybe I'm just thinking of a different angel than the rest of you BUT TO ME SHE'S JUST AS POWERFUL AND POTENTIAL INSANE AS DR. WHO OR DISCORD. Anyway, I'm probably just looking for patterns where none exist...... But that is how I play this game and for once I think it might help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vote: Reverse Simplicity
Finger of Suspicion: Dr. Who
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:04 am

First of all, you're causing me to have flashbacks to JAG, which is not pleasant.
Secondly, why didn't you claim anything? Please claim your character name and either any info you have, or say that you can't claim what info you have.

If I Could Rewind wrote:^^THIS IS PLAYING SO MANY MIND GAMES WITH ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!, is he actually a JESTER!?!?!??!?!?!. Or does he just NOT WANT TO BE LYNCHED!?!?!??!?!?!??!
I say let's lynch him anyway, then it doesn't matter what he is. It'll become clear enough if he's willing to self-vote or not.

If I Could Rewind wrote:Anyway, I've been trying to follow what's been happening so far and I'd just like to point out that WE WERE ALL GIVEN CHARACTER NAMES "I assume?!!?!?!?!?!!"
Well, Reverse doesn't know his yet.

If I Could Rewind wrote:hence Darth should claim the name he was given!?!?.
He said on page 3 that he was wary of a role that could win through mass nameclaiming, and wouldn't reveal his name. I thought that was fair enough; and it becomes irrelevant if we're lynching him anyway (assuming we get some kind of death reveal).

If I Could Rewind wrote:Maybe I'm just thinking of a different angel than the rest of you BUT TO ME SHE'S JUST AS POWERFUL AND POTENTIAL INSANE AS DR. WHO OR DISCORD.
Which Angel are you thinking of, out of interest? On a moment's thought, Angel from Maximum Ride? Because you're quite right, that does fit. And Alex has implied that he was Angel Bunny from MLP, but he did go out of his way to avoid claiming his source media. I assumed that was because of a role effect, but perhaps it is because he's deliberately misleading.
Alex, if it is found that you were misleading us with [](/angel) ... well, it's probably not quite worthy of an insta-lynch, but you'd better have a good reason.
Some other things I just thought of: Alex was the first to pick up on the 'mad god' thing, even though his (supposed) character doesn't fit that flavour. But if he had three bits of info rather than two, that would be a lot more credible. Or even four, if his has a mafia partner and their character name.
I could see Reverse being 'The Internet' or 'Anonymous', which would be somewhat applicable to a mad god theme.
Darth, even if you don't want to claim outright, could your character be described as a mad god?
And Rewind, even if you don't claim your character (and you'd want to have a good reason for it), please claim mad god-hood or not.
Whether or not this mad god idea turns out to be true, it's entertaining.

If I Could Rewind wrote:Vote: Reverse Simplicity
Finger of Suspicion: Dr. Who
So are these random? If not, what do you have against voting claimed-Jester Darth?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:55 am

Darth has bin onest in prety mucch everry mafia gamm I've sean. So I tend to belive it when he sez he is jester. He culd be playing me a fool tho Sad

IICR plz claim as u hav reuedted of darth. Also plz read rater den scan, its ezy to miss importnyt info.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:55 am

Official Vote Count

Supreme Overlord - 1 - Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca - 1 - Supreme Overlord
Reverse Simplicity - 1 - If I Could Rewind
Sid_The_Kid - 1 - Reverse Simplicity

Players not voting: Sid_The_Kid, Brendothatsme

@Overlord: CTRL+F "vote:".

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:00 am

THIS MESSAGE WOULD'VE NORMALLY BEEN POSTED AT 11:30am THIS MORNING, MY BAD

You wander through this empty world, watching the 'others', those bastards, oh well, the sun will be down soon, then they can all die.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 am

Day 1, deadline fell 8 hours after the sunset message. So I'm expecting deadline at about 7:30pm. So 5.5 hours from now. I wouldn't hate a no lynch, but I'd prefer one. I'm happy to lynch Darth or Sid; I'd like to let Reverse live a bit longer to see if his role turns up. I'd rather lynch Darth, so I'll leave my vote there for now.

I'm the most active, so you can rely on me to shift my vote before 7:30, if necessary.

Sid, you need to vote; preferably Darth - if not, give a good reason why.

Darth, you need to self-vote.

Reverse, if you tend to believe Darth is Jester, why aren't you voting for him? If he is playing you for a fool, how do you propose we deal with him if not by lynching?

Rewind, either hop over onto Darth or give me a convincing reason to jump on Reverse (or Sid, if you want to go that way).

Assuming majority is 4, only 3 of you need to shift, which is nice.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not check in without either shifting your vote or giving a good reason why you don't want to lynch Darth.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:18 am

Oh, and if anyone can turn off the short deadlines, do so.
And get your actions in on time or early, if possible.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 am

Jesta winz if we lynch himm. That's why not. IICR haz not payed much attention ta dis game, wich is not a pro twn move, I would consider voting him to get a lynch tadey.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 am

Who cares if Jester wins? It's no one else's problem. You didn't answer the question of how you would like to deal with him.

I'd consider voting Rewind if he doesn't claim anything in his next post.

For now:
Unvote
Vote: Sid_The_Kid

I'd still rather Darth, and if he self-votes and someone else votes for him, I'll jump back on that wagon.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

I wuld prefre to have at lest a chanc to be the firt ta win. Even if I is a dey behin already.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 pm

By the way, I miscounted; deadline Day 1 fell about 22 hours after the sunset message (the 'proper' times, anyway). So expect 9:30am tomorrow.

Reverse, would you rather Darth or no lynch?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:04 pm

lyynch no, 2nd is stil loosin in me bookks
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 pm

its likely that each lynch will "cost" us something
whether we lynch the jester, who has what use to town?
the killers wouldn't waste thier nightkill on a jester unless they specifically needed to target him which sorta defeats the purpose of the jester IMO
letting him live hinders town whilst saving us from his wrath
although we strike at each other setting off any little "tripwire" TKoE has set ... is the risk worth the possible reward ? i suppose we don't know till we try do we ...

Side Thought: besides the actions that resulted in Alex's removal from Day 2 what else happened N1...
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Sid_The_Kid wrote:although we strike at each other setting off any little "tripwire" TKoE has set ... is the risk worth the possible reward ? i suppose we don't know till we try do we ...
We can go round and round in circles worrying about what Eggs might or might not have set up. I'd rather we just do stuff that seems like a good idea, see what happens, and adapt to it. Sitting around doing nothing is not going to help.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Side Thought: besides the actions that resulted in Alex's removal from Day 2 what else happened N1...
Well, nothing that's been claimed. I may know a tiny, tiny bit; but it's not worth claiming because it'll expose other info that I'd rather the anti-town didn't know.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:26 am

Sid, want to jump over onto Reverse and see if 3's enough?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:Sid, want to jump over onto Reverse and see if 3's enough?
Sounds like a safe enough test
Unvote
Vote:Reverse
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:34 am

OK, I just got a reward from Eggs. Maybe if you were more like me, you could get a reward too.

Rewind, if you are unwilling to claim; please confirm in your next post (and I assume it will be legible, and not JAG-like) that you are from a work of classic literature.

Darth, please claim either your character; or at least a vague description or your character's personality or abilities (in their work of fiction, not your flavour). It will be helpful for me deciding whether or not to push for your lynch.

I have reason to believe that it would be good for Reverse to die before his role becomes active, if it hasn't already.
Unvote
Vote: Reverse

Reverse, if your role has become active and you want to try to convince me to let you live, now would be the time. If not; sorry.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:57 am

Yaya new role. Really cool one imo. Unsure of significance of time I got it. Now please remember this is A rerolled abilty, everything about my role is new.

"I know I gave you the role, but I think I might kill you for being over the top"

I guess according to eggs I was over selling my illegibility. Sorry about that, I figured "better safe then sorry"

I would prefer that you didnt go off only our bastard mods hint and at least give me a day to play my roll.

I still prefer that iicr or sid dies. But to ensure a lynch I will vote darth if it comes down to it.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 am

Because I'm just so nice.

DEADLINE falls at 11:30am
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 am

Preview: Darn. Reverse (and Rewind or Darth if you show up), vote Darth, now.
Unvote
Vote: Darth

Please claim what you can. Character name, at the very least. And win con, now that I think about it.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Unsure of significance of time I got it.
Wouldn't be 'right after you were voted and thought that claiming a new role would save you', would it?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Now please remember this is A rerolled abilty, everything about my role is new.
I'm inclined to doubt it, but character name should help clear that up.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I would prefer that you didnt go off only our bastard mods hint and at least give me a day to play my roll.
Well, it was a reward, so I'm guessing it's a little bit more reliable than your word. But I am being cautious about it.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I still prefer that iicr or sid dies. But to ensure a lynch I will vote darth if it comes down to it.
When would you decide? Deadline is unknown, but likely fast approaching. I'll switch back to Darth if your claim satisfies me; I'm feeling less happy about lynching Sid today.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:30 am

I cannot claim anything about who I am. Even a shred of information gives away all of my abilities.

I was "The Frog Man" from minscrew meadow which I was told was given to me randomly.

Is anyone open to claim if they have a kill methos besides lynching? The "hint" SO had that there are two killers has so far not been elaborated.

Sids easy persuasion to vote for me, and SOs very little info about voting for me is quite suspicious. SO appears to be trying to secure a lynch for town, but sid, well he seems scummy at this point.

Probably not going to get a lynch today, unless we get a deadline extension.

bold is not working on my phone atm. Mod may we please have extra time, with so little activity it is going to be difficult to get a lynch at any point.

Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next