Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

+3
Sid_The_Kid
Reverse Simplicity
The King of Eggs
7 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour - Page 2 Empty Re: Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Vote: Overlord because you've given us testable information, either you lied when you said you cannot die before tomorrow or you told the truth and I'm inclined to believe you which is exactly why I'm voting for you.
An admirable sentiment. Unfortunately, testing my unlynchability will waste the lynch - I hit majority and the game goes to night, but I just don't die. By all means though, lynch me if your other option is no lynch. I will tell you this: neither no lynch nor a me-attempted lynch will achieve my goal.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Testing unlynchable claim sounds like an good idea but i'd leave that as a last resort ... Afterall no use lynching an unlynchable if before deadline we can find a viable lynch
Bingo.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour - Page 2 Empty Re: Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 am

@Sid and Overlord: That's kind of what I what going for, I want to know more about the mechanics of this game before I lynch someone, as such I'd prefer to lynch someone who won't die than to lynch someone who will.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:24 am

I just don't think we are going to get enough reliable information Day 1 for me to want to lynch somebody.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:39 am

Darth, testing that SO is unlynchable is not even going to provide you any information. Since he has claimed his role changes tomorrow.

Sorry about ruining your fun. But I hope you realize that I didn't "know" you were purple. It was just a educated guess. One less mind screw aspect, allows us to focus on playing mafia.

A massclaim is an excellent idea. My role today is fairly simple. So I am willing to assist in achieving someone elses goal. Honesty is the best policy, I will not help you if I detect to much falsification.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:41 am

unvote
vote: darth
For already giving up on day 1 rather than trying to get more info.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I just don't think we are going to get enough reliable information Day 1 for me to want to lynch somebody.
How about you make that judgement at the end of the day, rather than now?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Darth, testing that SO is unlynchable is not even going to provide you any information. Since he has claimed his role changes tomorrow.
Not so - after all, I could be lying. I'm an excellent backup lynch candidate - but only if we're going to no lynch anyway.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Sorry about ruining your fun. But I hope you realize that I didn't "know" you were purple. It was just a educated guess. One less mind screw aspect, allows us to focus on playing mafia.
Fair enough. Care to comment on my speculation regarding your role?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:A massclaim is an excellent idea. My role today is fairly simple. So I am willing to assist in achieving someone elses goal. Honesty is the best policy, I will not help you if I detect to much falsification.
Uh, why is massclaim an excellent idea?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 am

Im not adding to my claim at this point. But the more information we have from different people the more likely we can think out a way for the most to win.

What does everyone else think of a mass claim?
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am

If I Could Rewind has been Prodded, the displeasure of the mod be upon him.

I am not afraid to keep on living I am not afraid to walk this world alone Honey if you stay you'll be forgiven Nothing you can say can stop me going home
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:14 pm

I am ambivalent about a massclaim. No doubt it affects someone one way or another, but not me.

We should lynch someone. No lynch is boring and info light. Darth is a good option, as usual.

Lynching Reverse would spite Orange, which I am OK with.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

So, I haven't been sent a prod yet, although eggs said I had been. Hopefully this avoids said prod.

Anyway, my deepest suspicions lie with Overlord, I just don't like your claim for some reason. I really doubt that eggs handed out such a pointless role in mind screw... it just basically makes you have a second go and normally I wouldn't mind that but going from my own role pm and win con I doubt you got something so pointless and focused. Basically a role like you described is just useful for making the game drag out and your real win con is survivor or something. Anyway the point is that I don't trust you and furthermore I wouldn't be against a mass claim per say but I'm not sure if it's the best idea in this particular mind screw. The role I was given was pretty *under powered* I haven't used it yet so I don't know for sure but I would hazard a guess that in this mind screw we don't have the same normal multitude of power roles. Also I'm curious did everyone else get assigned a color because I didn't I don't think. I'll re check my role pm when messaging is working again. So far we know SO and Reverse each have a color so it only makes sense that most or some other people also have colors, even if they can't post cryptic messages with them. That being said who want's to see if we can lynch the mod.

Vote:Eggs

PS: My list of suspicion starting from 1 as the most suspicious is as follows

1. Alex (there is no way you're not scum)
2. Overlord (Something's off about your claim but I don't know what)
3. Sid (not really a suspicion just have to have a third for the list and you haven't posted much yet)
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:20 pm

The King of Eggs wrote:If I Could Rewind has been Prodded, the displeasure of the mod be upon him.

This is a prod, personally I thought that was obvious, but ok.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 am

Alex Steiner, Emphasis Mine wrote:I am ambivalent about a massclaim.
Shocker.

Alex Steiner wrote:We should lynch someone. No lynch is boring and info light. Darth is a good option, as usual.
Why is Darth a good option?

Alex Steiner wrote:Lynching Reverse would spite Orange, which I am OK with.
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because Reverse claimed to be Orange, from both ends. And he's possibly unlynchable.

If I Could Rewind wrote:it just basically makes you have a second go
Not really; it's more like making sure I survive to Day 2 to get my 'real' role.

If I Could Rewind wrote:Basically a role like you described is just useful for making the game drag out and your real win con is survivor or something.
I'm actually pretty sure this is Eggs' way of guiding what happens Day 1 - it shouldn't cause any dragging out unless you try to lynch me, which you should only do if you were going to no lynch anyway, so there's no overall prolonging of the game.

If I Could Rewind wrote:So far we know SO and Reverse each have a color so it only makes sense that most or some other people also have colors, even if they can't post cryptic messages with them.
Remember in the first Mind Screw there were two main colours (Indigo and Orange), with Olive showing up later (and Dark Red very briefly). It could just be us too, or maybe someone will show up later (ie they don't have their role yet).

The King of Eggs wrote:This is a prod, personally I thought that was obvious, but ok.
Prods are usually sent by PM, so even if the proddee is not checking Resplect, at least they'll get an email.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:12 am

It confuses me that everybody seems to be taking Overlord's claim at face value, that he can't be lynched and as such we shouldn't waste our time, I'm thinking he's his role may depend on that way of thinking, though Overlord seems to want us to think that his and Reverse's roles are linked somehow if this is so Reverse can you maybe confirm or deny anything Overlord has claimed?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:13 am

also @Purple: Nice Blues Brothers reference
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:42 am

@Darth: It's no so much that we believe SO, it's just keeping him as a backup ... as mentioned earlier no use lynching an unlynchable if a viable scum candidate is found before deadline ... although i don't know how short a Day Phase is i can assume that we still have time to search before playing our backup
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:23 pm

@Sid - fair enough but don't forget how short days were in MSII, the more we wait the more likely it is that we get a no lynch, that being said I wouldn't mind if Overlord was just bought to the majority of votes (that being the most votes on him but not enough to lynch) just in case the Day ends quickly.

Then we can go about our business of scum hunting and have a safe ready to go backup if we run out of time. anybody agree with my plan?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Vote Count
The King of Eggs 1 [If I Could Rewind]
If I Could Rewind 1 [ Supreme Overlord]
Supreme Overlord 1 [Darth Skywalkerbacca]
Darth Skywalkerbacca 1 [Reverse Simplicity]

I once saw Ferb play an entire game of soccer using a pumpkin. And he didn't even break it! To this day his motivation for doing so remains shrouded in mystery.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Sid_The_Kid wrote:although i don't know how short a Day Phase is i can assume that we still have time to search before playing our backup
This is a good thing to bring up. Both the MSM and MS2 deadlines were short, and although we had warnings, we can't rely on them. People need to get posting.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I wouldn't mind if Overlord was just bought to the majority of votes (that being the most votes on him but not enough to lynch) just in case the Day ends quickly.
I don't really mind this, but the danger is twofold: a quickhammer (duh); and also if people are laying their votes down on a backup option, they're not using them on a real option, reducing the chances of getting a real lynch.

I don't see the point in voting Reverse today, unless you want to test his (speculative) unlynchability. Eggs would make an acceptable backup lynch. I think Darth is playing 'in character', if you will, and shouldn't be lynched. Alex isn't saying much, as usual, but what he has said is decent, so there's hope there. I'm finding myself agreeing with what Sid's saying, but perhaps that's just because it's general good play advice rather than scumhunting.
FoS: Sid; this isn't really an 'intent to vote' FoS, but more like a 'keep an eye on him and make sure he starts posting real opinions'.

Rewind is concerning me again. There was bringing Alex to L-1 right away, and when questioned he deflected onto disbelieving my claim (which is fair enough on its own, but not when you're not answering questions about your suspect actions). Then he did the thing again where he votes, and then posts a suspicion list that has nothing to do with his vote:
If I Could Rewind wrote:Vote:Eggs

PS: My list of suspicion starting from 1 as the most suspicious is as follows

1. Alex (there is no way you're not scum)
2. Overlord (Something's off about your claim but I don't know what)
3. Sid (not really a suspicion just have to have a third for the list and you haven't posted much yet)
In summary, my two top picks for lynches would be Rewind, then Eggs; and then to differentiate between Darth/Sid/Alex would require more content from the latter two, with lynch preference going to the one with the least contribution.

And it occurs to me that just because there's no FoS count, doesn't mean they don't have a function.
UnFoS, FoS: Rewind
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 pm

with no vote count exceeding one vote each I'm just asking a player who hasn't made up their min yet to place a vote on you, that will bring you to two votes which isn't really dangerous unless we have more than one person who would benefit from a quick lynch.

The other players will be free to vote as they see fit but at this time people don't seem to have any really strong opinions on who the scum might be, I put this down to lack of activity but still I'm not adverse to another lynch Day 1 I'm just making sure we have a back-up because we don't know when day ends.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Reverse Simplicity via The King of Eggs wrote:

An inverse character of unknown complexity has the power to win the game without bringing harm to the others trapped here. But to accomplish this no one can be lynched day 1.
Can you explain the reasoning behind this, and the subsequent denial?

I don't trust this, as it appears. Since Orange is not bound by a logical "must lie" or "must not lie" the stuff I said about what it might have meant is shifted into the realms of "What would Reverse intend by saying it?" instead of "What is the converse of what Orange said?"

Vote: Reverse Simplicity

It all looks very shady from my perspective.

UnFoS
FoS: If I Could Rewind
You make unfounded claims, flip from one target to another, and worst of all: you're voting for the mod, who is clearly a superior and infallible being who we mere mortals should not dare challenge.

But seriously, do explain your opinions.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 am

There is only 1 thing I have to do today, and I will leave the rest of you to it unless that seems to be threatened.

A no lynch is in line with my goal for today, but not the only way for me to succeed.

I also am unkillable, however attempting to lynch me is in line with my current goal.

I am inclined to believe most of SOs claim. However I suspect that a no lynch today is not in line with his goal.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 am

I call for either a Reverse or Overlord roll PM post immediately (preferably Overlord as he has claimed his Role will change tomorrow anyway)
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:07 am

In a space that can not exist, in a time that will never happen, there sits a man. He appears to be completely absorbed in watching something, a 3 dimensional model of a meadow. 6 figures are mulling around chatting amongst themselves amicably. There was a bemused, and yet somehow irritated expression upon this man face.
“What are they doing?”
“Do they not know what is at stake?”
“Their time runs dangerously short”
“The fools”

He begins to chuckle, cackle even, as swirling shadows obscure the scene.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:11 am

I'm going to assume this means we are taking longer than the mighty Mod thought we would to lynch someone. Which means either he is screwing with us or deadline is soon, I'm going to go with the double bluff and assume deadline is fairly soonish.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:45 am

As the Sun sets, you all wallow in your extreme failure as human beings (well, those of you who are human beings anyway).

NIGHT HAS FALLEN
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next