Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Travel Mafia

+2
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Time Travel Mafia - Page 6 Empty Re: Time Travel Mafia

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 am

Final Vote Count of Day 2

The King of Eggs (2; L-1) - Reverse Simplicity
Sid_The_Kid (1; L-2) - The King of Eggs
Reverse Simplicity (1; L-2) - Alex Steiner

Not Voting (1) - Sid_The_Kid

With 5 votes in play it's 3 to lynch (2 for Reverse Simplicity).

Deadline has hit.

The King of Eggs, Town Temporal Doctor, Lynched Day 2

No faction has fulfilled its win condition.
As per rule 12, Night 1 will end on Thursday afternoon. If all actions are in (or you have submitted 'No Action'), we may begin earlier.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2678

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 am

All relevent actions are in. A faction has fulfilled its win condition.

Alex Steiner, Time-Manipulating Townie, Killed Night 2

Sid_The_Kid, Mafia Time-Forcing Godfather and Reverse Simplicity, Mafia Temporal Roleblocker survive and win the game!

Mafia Quicktopic

Roles:
Fake Role PMs:
Actions:
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 am

Notes:

First of all, I think the Mafia was more powerful than the town. That said, I do think the town lost the game more than the Mafia won it. Town was in trouble right from the start with Darth's vote on Eggs day 2; I didn't think he'd use that action as he is usually so averse to voting, and I didn't think anyone would cast a vote into the future with absolutely no information. There was a distinct lack of consideration of the mechanics during the day; although I think the day 1 no lynch was a good thing for the town, they didn't realise it. The biggest danger for the town was that the Mafia could shut down the game early, before the future could send helpful actions back in time.

I don't know if it was lack of understanding of the rules or general apathy towards the final deadline, but Eggs went down without much of a fight. Scumhunting wasn't good, particularly with the lack of voting (I don't think Sid voted at all).

Activity was dodgy; I'm not really sure how to improve that. I sent out way more prods than I wanted to, and some actions were missed. Maybe it's the time of year, I don't know.

Roles and Mechanics:
Built around the concept of time-travel, the key roles were the godfather and the time-manipulator, for being able to send actual players through the timeline. Of course, neither got used. I think Sid had a decent grasp of how to best exploit his role; in my opinion, the idea would be to wait until Reverse was lynched, then send him from the previous night right back to Day 1, where he'd have the most impact on the timeline second time around. Simlar thing for if Sid himself was 'killed'; go back to Day 1 (in retrospect, Sid didn't need that addtional protection; the Mafia were enough of a powerhouse).

Time-roleblocking was pretty much: roleblocker is a standard role + time travel. Reverse had the right idea in blanketing Day 1 with roleblocks, and was lucky to hit the doctor in the pregame (not that he submitted an action...)

I was worried this kind of doctor might be overpowered; with role-reveals, a surviving doctor can essentially ressurect past-killed townies; guarenteeing their role (indeed, one of my original ideas more suited to a larger game involved a first time death-godfather for this very reason). Eggs didn't survive long enough for this to work, but the town's saving grace would have been if he could manage to save Darth Night 1, allowing Darth to vote Day and Night 2 and swinging the game back into and town's favour.

Alex had the right idea; send players into the future where they can (hopefully) be dealt with in isolated conditions. His resistance to time-travel effects didn't really help when the Mafia are sending actions to their own night, and he probably shouldn't have been immune to a future-doc-save.

I like the vote-sender role; unfortunately the Mafia (correctly) identified it as a threat. It wasn't played well, though. In my opinion, Darth should not have voted pregame, then voted somebody Day 2 (I thought he might have predicted his death, to be honest, and tried to cast a lasting influence). This role was basically 'kill me' and then 'resurrect me' bait.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably limit pregame actions to the town (although that still really is just a blind doc-save for the future) and try to do something to stretch the game out until people could send actions to the past.

I'm interested in how players planned to use their roles (particularly the town), and please give feedback on the setup and mechanics. Are there any particularly fatal flaws you detected?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 am

Aced.

Pro Scum

/last laugh

(seriously though, how can me being scum EVERY game be random?)
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, RS IS SCUM AGAIN! WTF
/rant

That was a very interesting game, I think however it would be better in a 20+ type environ, however, it was fun. gg Scum
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1249

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm

*reads QT*

Yea, RS/Sid, I waas trying to bait the Scum, didn't quite work for me :/ DAMN U INACTIVITY
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:36 am

I think I actually first rolled Reverse/Darth scum; exactly the same as last time, so I rerolled. Don't on that, though.

I have a solution for RS not being scum: mod!

Yeah, a larger game would be better. Any other feedback? Comments on how you would play other roles?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6