Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next stage in Resplect's evolution?

+2
Supreme Overlord
The King of Eggs
6 posters

Go down

The next stage in Resplect's evolution? Empty The next stage in Resplect's evolution?

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm

So, recently I've developed a passing interest in Tabletop RPGs. Would any of you be even slightly interested in playing a live game using an online tabletop?

Basically, I'm suggesting we choose a date and time, then play using a web based program to simulate the game board/dice, with chat.

Questions/Queries/Dramas/Concerns?

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

The next stage in Resplect's evolution? Empty Re: The next stage in Resplect's evolution?

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 am

I would be slightly interested. Maybe even more than that ...

Being online simultaneously isn't as hard as it used to be for me. If worst comes to worst, I can always visit Darth and steal his internet.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

The next stage in Resplect's evolution? Empty Re: The next stage in Resplect's evolution?

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm up for it
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Alex has kindly 'offered' to be our DM. Unfortunately he can't do so until late June/early July.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 pm

My name is Alex Steiner and I endorse this message.

In case you weren't aware I recently started playing DnD with some friends, so I understand how it works from a player's perspective.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 pm

I culd bee interesdet in dis, leet me kno.

Only kidding, but yeah, count me in. Any useful things I should read/watch before we begin?
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:19 am

I used to play some tabletop gaming so I'm actually a bit interested but... Time is an issue for me right now, as I seem to have bitten off more than I can chew (figuratively of course). Anyway, I'd be for it but not now, my performance in the mafia games is minimal as it is I don't want to add more things to do into the mix.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 am

If I'm running it it won't happen until after exams in June.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm

OK, so a lot of work has gone into this in various places, so Eggs suggested I compile all the established details in one place.

I will be running a game of Dungeons and Dragons (4th edition) for 5 players. The game will primarily be played over the internet using the voicechat program Mumble, with the combat maps represented by Maptool, both of which should be in the dropbox folder I have sent to all players. Also in this folder are a set of books containing rules and character creation tool. Please note that deleting something in a shared folder removes it from everyone else's folder as well, so only remove things you created, if possible.

The adventure will take place in the world of Eberron, as detailed in the Eberron Player's Guide. Unlike the guide, the adventure will begin 4 years before what is "present day" in the book, the year 994. As such, the Last War is still ongoing, and characters will have to find their place in it (be it fighters for one side or another, mercenaries, merchants, healers, wanderers, or some other seeker of adventure. I recommend everyone familiarises themselves with the recent history of Galifar, and the 5 nations it splintered into in the decades of war. The nation of Cyre, (located in the centre of the continent of Khorvaire), is still intact, untainted by The Mourning. Also of note are the Dragonmarked Houses of Eberron, who wield considerable collective power. Though most remain neutral in the conflict, they nonetheless have much influence over its direction.

Players will need to create a character by following the instructions in the Players Handbooks, and by conferencing individually with me. They will need a basic history to seat them into the world, although they need not know the other characters, nor be in a tavern looking for a party. This will make sense once we begin, and I have given you some short term motivation to be where you need to be.

Once all of that is complete, I will hopefully have the world ready for you to explore, with hooks to pull you into a grand (or less than grand) story of our joint creation. This is unlikely to occur until June, since I don't want the initial world seeding to take time away from my studies. Once set in motion, I will be able to run one 6-8 hour session a week, and for best results all 5 players (and me!) need to commit to be online for each session without undue delay. I am flexible as to when the sessions are, timetable permitting. Weekends are great, but so are weeknights (starting around 4pm). This will inevitably need to be readjusted to schedules for Semester 2, but that's a future problem.

Hopefully the PHB can explain the number crunching of character creation, as well as gameplay. If there are any questions, I can explain here or in PM.

As far as I am aware right now, the 5 players are The King of Eggs, Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord, If I Could Rewind, and Reverse Simplicity. As such, we don't need anyone else, but do express interest if you are.

From my perspective things are proceeding well.

Key points:
  • I'm running DnD starting in June
  • Each of you has access to a dropbox folder with stuff in it
  • Using that info, make a character in the world of Eberron, set in the year 994
  • Make sure you have the stuff required to play, like a microphone and the software
  • Talk to me as soon as anything comes up
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum