Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup

+2
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
6 posters

Go down

Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup Empty Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:32 am

First of all, some assurances:
Vote counts.  I love writing vote counts.  You can expect much in the way of vote counts.
Deadlines.  I like the rolling deadlines idea.  Maybe '48 hours since last post, up to a maximum of 2 weeks'.  You will know when the deadline is, and it will be reasonable.
Prods.  Prods will not require requests.  I will prod early and often (within reason).

After that, well, activity is really up to you.

Theme:
I had no real ideas for a setup, but someone suggested superheroes (or villains; whatever).  I love superpowers, so let's roll with that.
I intend to run a 'uPick' setup.  That means I ask each player for a couple of suggestions on their character and role, then I craft the setup based on those ideas.  You get a character/role you want (within reason), I have plenty of ideas and flexibility to work with.
Example: You pick Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, and roles of bulletproof, jack-of-all-trades, and lie detector.  Then maybe someone else wants Superman, and I think bulletproof and lie detector are too broken in a small setup, so you might end up as Batman, Town Jack-of-all-Trades.

Mechanics:
Factional daytalk is almost a certainty.  I'm thinking of doing away with Nights all together - but I'm not sure if I'll be quite active enough to go entirely with Rapid Actions, so it might be that you can submit (and change) actions anytime during the Day, and then they all resolve at the lynch/deadline (lynches would still resolve first, so you can't use an action if you're already lynched).
I'm also considering incorporating Ultimates - powerful one-shot abilities that become available to use after a certain condition is met.  If I do use Ultimates, I may also include Renumerations - actions or abilities, usually negative, that are triggered when you use your Ultimate.

So, expressions of interest/signups here.  Also any questions/clarification.  Don't send me role ideas yet, but you can start thinking about them
Depending on how things go, I might be ready to take suggestions by the end of the week, and maybe start the game late weekend/next week.

These notes are slightly better worded, but I only found them after I'd written out the above:

Last edited by Supreme Overlord on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup Empty Re: Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:47 am

/in
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup Empty Re: Superhero uPick Expression of Interest/Signup

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:37 pm

/in
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:35 am

/in
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:15 am

In case it wasn't clear in the MSV thread, I'm in too. As is Alex_Steiner
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:42 am

That's 5 so far, then.
For transparency, I'd probably go with 7. I may ask for suggestions on Sunday if I have enough signups, with a tentative start date of next weekend.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:16 am

This has not been forgotten; however, I won't go with only 5, so I think it's better to give it a little while so we don't have another lot of 'we'll all /in! ... then flake'.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 pm

I can commit to /in after Tuesday, assuming that nothing major comes up in the meantime
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down