Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

+8
Horselord
Cloud Kicker
Reverse Simplicity
Dark Vessel
Hachi
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
Sir_Scarfalot
12 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 15 Empty Re: Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu 27 Nov 2014, 14:07

@jkinger

Okay, well, my hint was supposed to be twofold; a reference to "fire immunity" (not technically passive) and my life-bond with HorseLord. Sauron cannot live without the ring, see?

Yeah, it wasn't the best hint, but it was the best I could come up with that wouldn't mark me for immediate scum, or town, death.

And, right... yeah, forgot that Overlord was supposedly Lynch-Immune. However, we've yet to *try* that. I mean, CK was supposed to be lynch-immune, but we lynched him anyway. Granted, we did indeed have Overlord voting for him as well, but *Overlord hasn't won*. I strongly suspect that while he is scum, he is also totally vulnerable right now. And, this is mindscrew, it says so right up there in the URL. I think we should at least vote for him as best we can today, unless you have a better target in mind. I would totally be targetting him for daykill right now, but for the fact that I already used it today. (Should have read the posts before PMing the mod...)

Actually, it seems that I may have lost access to my daykill; is it possible for you to restore that? If you can do that, I'll attack Overlord tomorrow, as soon as I can. I should survive the night regardless; the flavor text of my night protection does imply that I might be able to survive quite a bit more than just flames, if I'm reading it correctly.

As for Horselord claiming neutrality, well, at least he isn't scum. My bond didn't actually say what alignment he was, just that I am a . I guess, mindscrew being what it is, he COULD be neutral? Actually, the only evidence we have that says we must kill all neutrals comes from a now known scum, so killing him probably will help the scum out rather than anything else. We'd be down a voter, too.

TL;DR: Who *should* I vote for? Hachi? Darth? Myself?
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 15 Empty Re: Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu 27 Nov 2014, 14:22

Oh come on, I just checked, and apparently you can't enclose things in greater-than or less-than symbols. The full sentence there should be:

My bond didn't actually say what alignment he was, just that I am a [town bond mate].

but enclosed in comparator symbols. Sorry, I'm quite new to this board.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu 27 Nov 2014, 15:42

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Now at this moment Overlord is probably feeling pretty damn smug about himself, he is confident that even if I expose him as scum (which he is, he is the Big Business role Cloud spoke of) he can't be killed by anybody because only the subject of his original win con (I.e. Cloud Kicker) can kill him.
Well, not as smug as I was when I was happily incognito.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:This being said, yes Overlord has already achieved his win con
*preens*

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:but as town hasn't lost there therefore must be a way to kill him other than Cloud Kicker.
You get a cookie!

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:The answer to this is you should believe me because I'm me and I have a history of telling the blatant truth in mafia games
Ain't that the truth.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I'm sure Overlord could come up with a few different reasons as to why this post proves that I am in fact scum but I don't really care I'll be dead soon either way.
Dude, it's right in the name.  Sith = Scum.  Wake up, sheeple!

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Anyway do with the information what you will feel free to ask any questions you want, I'm sure you'll have a few, some more than others.
Actually, just out of interest: why investigate me?

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Also sorry for the wall of text
Apology not accepted.
Vote: Darth
(To think I haven't yet done that this game ...)
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2651

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu 27 Nov 2014, 15:51

jkinger93 wrote:He tried to steal one of my abilities last night..
Tried? Nay; succeeded!
jkinger93 wrote:All townies, and any still alive neutrals, now is the time to band together and attack him.
I will be interested in how you convince neutrals who are otherwise indifferent to me to attack me.
Sir_Scarfalot wrote:Okay, well, my hint was supposed to be twofold; a reference to "fire immunity" (not technically passive) and my life-bond with HorseLord. Sauron cannot live without the ring, see?
Mine was 'target'.  I can only be killed by my target.  I know, I'm a cryptic mastermind.
Sir_Scarfalot wrote:I strongly suspect that while he is scum, he is also totally vulnerable right now.
Bring it.
Sir_Scarfalot wrote:Actually, the only evidence we have that says we must kill all neutrals comes from a now known scum
Hee hee.  Thanks for killing Cloud Kicker for me.  Of course, there was no way I was claiming neutral.
(Actually, in general play, I'm perfectly happy to leave neutrals alive if they have a testable win condition - let them 'win', and if they don't jet out of the game, lynch them as lying scum.
Sir_Scarfalot, emphasis mine wrote:TL;DR: Who *should* I vote for? Hachi? Darth? Myself?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu 27 Nov 2014, 15:55

@Supreme Overlord

I wasn't posing that question to you, scum.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu 27 Nov 2014, 15:55

@ Jkinger93 - what makes you think Overlord tried to steal one of your abilities? How can you prove it was him? Not really defending him or anything just a cautionary word about assumptions.

@ Sir_Scarfalot - I said he was kill proof not lynch proof, using your daily on him probably wouldn't have worked, that being said you are right there doesn't seem to be any harm in trying. Also if you noticed it was Overlord's vote that killed Cloud Kicker, he had up to that point refrained from voting.

Vote: Overlord

@Overlord - why did I investigate you? Because I have known you for a long time and I know when things don't add up.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1749

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu 27 Nov 2014, 16:01

@Darth

I would be inclined to believe that he knows that Overlord tried something; he apparently passively stops and knows anyone that tries an action on him. Overlord would have had to try his theft as an action, so...
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu 27 Nov 2014, 16:18

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:there doesn't seem to be any harm in trying.
Probably not.  What were you saying about assumptions?
Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Also if you noticed it was Overlord's vote that killed Cloud Kicker, he had up to that point refrained from voting.
LIES!
Quite blatant ones, really; I went out of my way to say everyone should always be using their votes (which I do actually believe, as town):
Supreme Overlord, Page 3 wrote:Vote: Reverse Simplicity
Since your self-vote didn't seem to work.  I got your back.
Supreme Overlord wrote:Vote: Horselord
Testing if unvotes are required, and also: please lay down a vote.  I am firmly of the opinion that votes should be in use at all times.
Supreme Overlord wrote:Vote: Sid
(Or should I say, the Genie from Aladdin - nice hint)
(Also, just admiring the way I nailed that hint.)
Supreme Overlord wrote:Interdasting.
Vote: Sid
Supreme Overlord wrote:Sapphire flames ... Sapphira is the first character that comes to mind.  Azula is the second.

Sigh.  Gosh, you people.
Vote: jkinger ever so slightly ahead of Cloud Kicker for this:
jkinger93 wrote:I don't normally like to jump on to the bandwagon, but you do seem kind of suspicious.
(Also, nailed it again!)
Supreme Overlord wrote:Vote: Cloud Kicker
Townies, read your win conditions again.  I'm not going to quote it, since Eggs might not like that, but it is crystal clear: all non-town, including all kinds of neutrals, need to be removed for town to win.
Double Confirm Vote: Darth
Die, lying scum.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu 27 Nov 2014, 16:33

That wasn't so much a lie as a misunderstanding, I meant you refrained from voting for Cloud Kicker until your vote would have taken him over majority
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu 27 Nov 2014, 16:39

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:That wasn't so much a lie as a misunderstanding, I meant you refrained from voting for Cloud Kicker until your vote would have taken him over majority
Exactly what a sneaking scum would say.
(Would you believe I didn't actually realise that was the hammer?)
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu 27 Nov 2014, 16:42

Well, this is interesting. At least one person is lying here...

I would still believe in Darth, since he got (not quite) stumped pretty quickly and TKoE probably was wanting to keep him interested in the game. Or, actually, didn't you get a reward earlier? Did you use that, yet?
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu 27 Nov 2014, 17:39

@Sir_Scarfalot - that reward was a recharge point for the power I no longer have so no have not used that yet
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 19:38

@Darth I know it was Overlord because I know when someone uses an ability on me. Just like when Scarf tried to roast me.

Vote: Supreme Overlord

Might as well give this a try.
jkinger93
jkinger93

Scum Credits : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 07:32

Interesting, looks like I got my fire back. Thanks, Jkinger! (I think...?)

In any event, lemme just fire ( tongue ) it off...
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 07:35

Oh, no, wait... I forgot, I can't do that until tomorrow. Already used it today. D'oh >_<

Gotta remember to keep game-days and real-days separate...
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 07:47

@Scarf So you didn't get anything to recharge your ability?

Not a whole lot of activity today, most likely due to it being Thanksgiving. I'm hoping everyone here has a happy one!
jkinger93
jkinger93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 08:45

@jkinger

Ah HA! So you DID give me that recharge token. Just wanted to confirm that Razz

Used it, burning Overlord.....

Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:36

A soft whimper is all you hear as

Alex Steiner, Town Tool, absorbed by a flash of green light, Day 3

vote count reset
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1191

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:39

That... wasn't my move?

Besides, I do *saphhire flames*! Also, didn't that happen at NIGHT before?

What the hell happened...

>messages TKoE
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:42

Okay, apparently recharge tokens cannot be used on daily abilities. Which I learned *after* I burned the token. Thanks Obama.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:50

@Jkinger

We're running out of time. I could, theoretically at least, burn my reward to potentially get a recharge for my flame today, or we could hold off on that in the hopes of getting out of a LyLo endgame. I can also potentially combine 3 rewards into a better reward, according to its' description, but that doesn't seem likely to happen before we lose any more town.

It's your call. Do I cash in the reward, or do we wait...?
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:50

Ah, right:

Vote: Supreme Overlord
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:18

So, if Alex is dead and gone, we at least have fewer suspects. If there are eleven people in game, and we assume Eggs did a fair ratio, there are 4 town, 4 mafia, and 3 neutral. Cloud and Sid were neutral, and Horselord claims to be. However, there are possibly more than 4 townies. You and I are for sure townies. Reverse and Alex were as well. Either Darth is lying, or their are more townies than scum. We need to kill off scum quick. Hachi seems a little suspicious to me. Thoughts?
jkinger93
jkinger93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 13:08

Well, you are assuming that there was a fair ratio to begin with, which is FAR from a certainty.

According to my notes,

Scarf - Town
jkinger - Town
Darth - Town
Horselord - Not Scum
Dark Vessel - Unknown
Hachi - Unknown
Overlord - probable scum
Alex - Dead, Town
Simplicity - Dead, Town
Sid - Dead, neutral
Cloud - Dead, neutral

Totalling:
3 likely town
2 Dead town
1 Non-scum
2 Unknown
1 scum

Dark Vessel and Hachi seem like the best ideas to bring down for information, but neither are much more suspicious than the other. Though, 5 town implies that there may be fewer scum than town, and besides, an even ratio of town to scum would stack the game unfairly in the scums' favor, even if there were neutrals as well.

Actually, Darth is giving me a bussing vibe; like he knew that Overlord was scum, and now he's outing him as a way to throw suspicion off of himself. Fortunately, there'd be an easy way to prove that wrong.

@Darth

Your recharge token, if I am not mistaken, should be transferable? If so, then could you possibly give that over to me? You said yourself that the scum are likely to kill you, so let's at least get some benefit out of it? I can't use it on my flames, but TKoE did say that I can use it on my Scales, so perhaps I can protect either you or JKinger as well as myself tonight. That should buy us some valuable time, and/or cost the scum a nightkill.

If we're going to be lynching, I would say either Dark Vessel or Darth. Pressure on either should get them to loosen up a bit.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Fri 28 Nov 2014, 13:52

Of course, you DO realize that if we can kill Overlord, then we'll be one scum down. Even known, he can still vote, so we should seriously kill him as soon as we have the chance. At least TRY to lynch him; what do we lose by that? If it fails, then we just change our lynching, right?
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next