Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werewolf game thread

+8
Saul Goodman
Leakycauldron
IceIceBaby
Putin
Luxray
Princess Jasmine
Renesmee
FedoraNerd
12 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Werewolf game thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Werewolf game thread

Post by Leakycauldron Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:01 am

@Putin

The mayor may elect to burn the extra wood, and may change his mind at any time before the deadline.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:06 am

Without a mayor there is no burning of second wood. You cant re elect after you kill the mayor either.Lynching mayor day 2 is a bad idea. But you all hop on that wolf train. I can watch from the afterlife
Luxray
Luxray

Scum Credits : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:23 am

I was under the impression that upon Mayor death the double wood decision fell to a town vote.
Mod: confirm/deny?

If I'm incorrect, it might be worth saving Luxray for another day. If not, lynch should go ahead. Vanilla claim is unbelievable, and in any case is not worth stopping a wagon for.

More details on all my thoughts to come when I get home.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Scum Credits : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:48 am

By my reckoning. If we mislynch today we are at LyLo. So knowing who we lynch tomorrow isn't actually as vital. We will still get the info for tonight and the current lynch. We can figure out if we lynch town tomorrow by noticing if we are dead or not.
Putin
Putin

Scum Credits : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:00 am

oh then if town lynches me tonight they lose. Simple
Luxray
Luxray

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:08 am

Hmm? No not really. You being alive won't change the LyLo at all. We'll just know that we are doomed slightly faster.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:33 am

TL;DR: Luxray is a good wagon, and in the unlikely event that he is actually a VT that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.  Putin is probably his buddy; we should mass claim tomorrow, sort things out, and hopefully end this.

Return of Sauron, you should absolutely vote - and you should be voting to get to a majority, not a tie.  Ties put things entirely in Luxray's hands - and I don't think anyone reads him as fully town.  Vote to full majority and then you don't have to worry about switches or tiebreaks.

Oh, just because a couple of people brought it up: I sincerely doubt there's a jester in this game.  But even if there is: lynch the jester.  They'll get to win, and we'll get to move on with the game.  But they're more likely wolf.

Alladin wrote:The super weird thing to me is that you condemned Putin for his claim, while letting RoS objectively far worse claim slip by, was that just because he claimed first or did you just write it off as a newbie mistake.
Both, really.  The claim was anti-town, but I don't see wolf motivation for it.  Like I have said before, if Putin elaborates on his claim and it makes sense mechanically, I might be more inclined to believe it.  I don't intend to lynch him without a full claim, but I do think it's worth wagoning for.

Alladin or Ice, would you consider switching to food? You too, I suppose, Putin; though since you moved off food I think it's unlikely you'll move back.

Alladin wrote:Basically for a benchmark I'd be willing to trade a large portion of our supplies for some hard information on any player and or another day to find said information... What does everyone else think about this, more information and more time is always helpful but how much is everyone willing to give up for these things?
Considering I'd be willing to use 3 food *just* to get an extra town body (vote), I'd be quite happy to give up resources for hard info.  I've also advocated a future all wolfsbane, which is essentially giving up that day's resources; once again, the info would be more important than all surviving.  The important thing is to be prepared for it so it's not as much as a blow.  Which is why I'm trying to up the food stocks now.

Putin wrote:So... we're lynching Luxray now? That was sudden.
... What? What about this is sudden?

Luxray has been my number two for a while:
Renesmee wrote:My list of players at the moment, from wolf to town, would go like this:
Putin
Luxray
Fedora
Ice
Alladin
Sauron
Renesmee wrote:I do think Luxray is wolf, too.
This is not a votecount that will lead to a Putin lynch:
Leakycauldron wrote:[1]Putin: Renesmee,
[2]Return of Sauron: Alladin, Return of Sauron
[1]FedoraNerd: Luxray
[1]Luxray: FedoraNerd
[1]Renesmee: Putin
[1]Aladdin: IceIceBaby
Therefore, I switch to Luxray.

Putin wrote:
Renesmee wrote:Regarding resources, I'm just worried that if Luxray is wolf, and we're lynching him, he can decide not to burn twice to spite us. He might also move off farming food. And if there is no illumination tonight, I'd really like enough of a food stockpile to be able to resurrect ASAP.
Well, thanks for giving him the idea that he may not have independently discovered. I also still don't think premeditated resurrection is a good idea. Least of all one that uses all of our food.
This is why I bring it up.  So a worst-case scenario doesn't come to pass because we've prepared for it.  I think it's likely enough that a wolf Mayor (or their partner) would realise on their own that it's worth talking about the 'what if', considering how much emphasis we've put on double burning.  And Luxray is clearly already familiar with the idea of moving off his resource.

It's not a 'premeditated resurrection' in that I'm suggesting we don't burn twice in order to let me resurrect - that is clearly a bad idea and I've already said I'm against it.  But given the possibility of unillumination being forced upon us, why is planning around it and ensuring enough food is available a bad idea?

If you're saying no resurrection would be worth the 3 food, just say so.  Otherwise, if the opportunity comes up, I'd like to have the resources available to take advantage of it.

Putin wrote:Actually now that I think of it wouldn't it make more sense for a night aligned person to be able to consume large amounts of food?
Now that you think of it? A week after I claimed? Also, Sauron brought this up yesterday:
Return of Sauron wrote:From a balance point of view it would make sense that resources that can be gathered are usable/depleted by wolves or night-aligned mechanics
And no.  It makes no sense.  To quote my response last time:
Renesmee wrote:To my eyes, resources are of such central importance to the town that allowing wolves to use/waste them seems unbalanced - bad enough that they can claim a tool, and at least that they have to do in public.
But anyway, if I do end up using my ability and three food vanishes ... it'll be abundantly clear I'm telling the truth from the newly-alive person standing there.  It would make no sense for a wolf whose actual ability is to use up food to claim it; even less to to make up a resurrectionist claim around it.

Putin wrote:Would any Townies like to claim an ability that uses up a non-tool resource? You don't have to say what it is just that it exists. 
Alladin wrote:Even if Renesmee turns out to have lied in her claim and or is a wolf, my own power can give us benefit from the excess food (soft claim).
So ... were you trying to get a claim in excess of what is required? Again?

Putin wrote:By my reckoning. If we mislynch today we are at LyLo. So knowing who we lynch tomorrow isn't actually as vital. We will still get the info for tonight and the current lynch. We can figure out if we lynch town tomorrow by noticing if we are dead or not.
This is an excellent point.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:53 am

Note: only Luxray, Putin and Sauron haven't given out a full reads list.

Luxray, Fedora is clearly your first pick; is Ice still your second?

Putin, got a wolf pick other than me?
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Return of Sauron Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:13 am

Ok simple lets start off by saying that indeed i'm a jester of sorts. The reason i say this is that the town need to lynch me to get extra resources. The problem with this of course is my vote more important than abilities? I'd suggest not burning and trying for a resurection cause if its illuminated the wolves will attack town, if not the worst case is down food and a situation like today but theres a vanilla wolf ( no one but the wolves know if this works out better for town). To do this i suggest lynch me get extra resources and if the mayor would be so kind as to take back the wood that opens the case for a resurrection.

I claim this now cause i don't see any definitive outcomes from today, whereas at the start i thought a vote would be more important than resources.

Return of Sauron

Scum Credits : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

Okay ...
How much extra resources?
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Return of Sauron Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:47 am

1 of each. Given stocks that should be safe for a resurrection unless i've missed a job swap.

Return of Sauron

Back to top Go down

Post by Alladin Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:54 am

I'm actually super behind this idea. I've said from the start that my "read" on Lux is that he is a townie that made a missplay. His VT claim made me more suspicious of him but even so I see no loss to lynch the jester I feel like he might be lying about us getting extra resources and we might lost some instead but I would still be willing to switch lynch if we can agree to reach a magority or a tie between him and lux which is basically the same thing if we can't get a majority I'll of course change my vote back Vote:Ros
Alladin
Alladin

Scum Credits : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:00 am

Vote: Return of Sauron
My timing is terrible because I won't be back on before deadline (likely).

Still burn the double wood; if Sauron is lying it's probably due to him being wolf that gives out resources upon lying; he'd be gambiting on dying unrevealed, having the resources show up (as claimed), and then being resurrected as 'confirmed' town.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Return of Sauron Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:03 am

Lynchees can't be resurrected its only nk isn't it?

Return of Sauron

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:05 am

Either
So long as unilluminated

Final thought
If Sauron is wolf and gives out resources upon death, perhaps it's not 2 wolves buffed, but 3 wolves nerfed
Which might explain why everyone has just been going along with the '2 wolves' assumption
We might be in LyLo now
Just something to be considering if Sauron flips wolf
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:26 am

I already said who my two suspects were renesmendis Scroll back and read it.
Luxray
Luxray

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:58 am

What even happens if you revive a jester though. They tend to be neutrals
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:56 am

Day 3 begins.

Renesmee has been found killed in her bed.

Renesmee's role was Priest. Priest may spend 3 food to resurrect a dead player who has not had their information revealed by burning a second wooden log. This power is expended during the Morning phase, and can be used again by consuming a Tools of Trade. Each time you resurrect any player, it costs +2 food.

The town's stores have been found raided overnight, the stockpile appears as follows:

2 Food
2 Wood
2 Tool Created

Day 3 has started, and will end at this time.

EDIT: Apologies for the miscount, it has been editted to be accurate. I forgot to add values added by the death of the Martyr.

Last edited by Leakycauldron on Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:09 am

Leakycauldron wrote:Renesmee has been found killed in her bed.

Renesmee's role was Priest.

Wow really? I was so sure Ren was full of it...

Leakycauldron wrote:
The town's stores have been found raided overnight
Well... That's annoying, could be worse I guess.

OK, guys, we are now officially in LyLo, if we don't lynch a Wolf Today we lose. Let's make sure we don't fuck this up too much!

Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alladin Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:21 am

Okay first I just wanna say that Sauron played so freaking well like insanely well.

Second,This is going to be a short post have to do something Irl but wanted to get the conversation going asap will explain more in detail once I get back.

Thirdly: Vote:IceIceBaby

Fourth: Anyone wanna claim that night kill on Renesmee, thinking it's Putin right now but honestly my reads have been pretty bad this game so I don't know

Fifth: Some of the stockpiled resources that were consumed was me

sixth: I would really like a mass claim asap

seventh: Is that resource count correct Mod?
Alladin
Alladin

Scum Credits : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:13 am

Alladin wrote:
Fourth: Anyone wanna claim that night kill on Renesmee, thinking it's Putin right now but honestly my reads have been pretty bad this game so I don't know

Uh... What makes you think that the kill wasn't done by the wolves?
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by IceIceBaby Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 am

Because it's not worded as though it was done by wolves, I kind of thought the same thing when I read it, usually mentions bites or claws or wolf related things, this one was just vanilla.

IceIceBaby
IceIceBaby

Scum Credits : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:45 am

IceIceBaby wrote:Because it's not worded as though it was done by wolves, I kind of thought the same thing when I read it, usually mentions bites or claws or wolf related things, this one was just vanilla.

Uh... No, no it doesn't.
Leakycauldron wrote:Saul Goodman has died in the night. His body was found just outside his home, as if dragged from his bed. He will be missed.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 am

The kill text is flavour only, and not related to the method of death except in instances where a role might require it to be obvious, i.e. "I forgive you" for the martyr.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:20 am

Well, I was hoping for more discussion. But I guess that's not going to happen just yet.

I know who at least one of the wolves are.
Alladin wrote:

I know exactly why he is curious about this kill. And it's not flavour.
Leakycauldron wrote:The kill text is flavour only, and not related to the method of death except in instances where a role might require it to be obvious, i.e. "I forgive you" for the martyr.

Last night I had the opportunity to use my ability. An ability I can only use if the wolves for whatever reason fail to make a kill. (My current theory is that they had to give it up to raid our stockpiles.)

Yes, I killed Renesemee. It was clearly the wrong choice, but everyone makes mistakes.

How could someone possibly know that this kill was different? By being there when the wolves failed to kill. They know they didn't kill Renesmee, other than me they are the only ones who could know

Vote: Aladdin

If I had to guess I'd pick Ice as the second wolf. That excuse was too quick and too blatantly wrong to be a Town action.  

Lux, Fedora. All three of us need to vote for Aladdin. And if you're willing to follow my suggestions, If you both Pick Bane today I can end this Tonight.

Otherwise I'd like at least Lux to pick bane, while Fedora and I cut wood. We have exactly enough food to last the rest of the game now. Lux you should go ahead and burn the 2 wood.
Job:Cut Wood
GG guys.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next