Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

+4
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
SolVI
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:19 pm

I don't particularly want to push my luck any more than I have so far so I'm going to say. I do understand and have no issues with the idea of a Day 1 lynch for info but if there is no consensus by end of day I'm not fussed.
Because of this and my limited posting ability I will be abstaining from voting for today. This is basically because I don't want to have to unvote or switch votes if/when new info comes out that changes my opinions and I don't want to risk being part and parcel to lynch I don't think is wise, especially because the majority of posting is happening when I am at work during the day.
So for now I will say that Scarf, I can see the logic you're trying to get at but I don't necessarily agree. That being said I don't necessarily think that you're scum either.

I honestly haven't really formed much of an opinion on anybody at the moment other then the fact that Eggs is just the absolute worst.
I do have a theory, but I want to see how night 1 pans out before I really say anything. And to be clear this is not a theory on who is scum or anything specific at all it's more of a far shot hail Mary guess at the twisted little minds games Eggs has in store for us. So saying anything now has literally no value which is why I don't intend to do so.
If you guys need/want anything specific from me going forward until the end of Day 1 feel free to ask but I won't answer single questions. I'll wait until there are a few I can respond to at the one time.
For those who ask, my role doesn't have anything that can help us now or of a night. I am not vanilla but I am also not really an asset to the team either, other than my voting power (obviously).
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:31 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:Sid, why do you think a 'No Vote' vote would be more helpful than a vote on any other player (or even just a pure unvote)?
whilst at this time I’m no better than a read book, shared all I know, and can hurt wear I’m thrown. I’m still testing the game, a No Vote may become helpful in the coming Days, depending upon the games the Egg plays. As for why not vote a player, If Osgood is correct, the lynch whilst not deadly,  is still important and to bring a player to within team jumping lynching, compared to throwing the hammer myself, means that I don’t enable the lynch to be rushed and can ensure we all are thinking.

Supreme Overlord wrote:
Sid_The_Kid wrote:Also, you vehemently defend that you haven’t missed anything in your role, and at least on mine the heading of “Post Restrictions” is quite obvious even though it says “None” beneath it.
This is chronologically earlier, but less important - but I find this weird.  I don't have a 'Post Restrictions' heading (nor any post restriction I'm aware of).
So more misdirection or not quite a lie
From one in the meadow or one in the sky
Non-standard the template for role is likely
But why put “none” where nothing could be
Unless a cruel change of fate, untimely awaits
For me within this horrible place

Correction on my claim:
Seems not all titles are capitalized the same,
So perhaps a form of ‘Post Restriction/s’ exists,
Perhaps not in plain text but in “glyphs”
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:44 pm

[quote=Supreme Overlord] By my count that will be L-1 - do we think calling for a claim is necessary before a hammer here? I think probably not, given it won't kill, but I could be persuaded.[/quote] any reasons either way? Unvote or are we all happy to end today?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:17 pm

I was mildly curious as to whether 'No Vote' would show up in the vote count literally, or get converted to 'No Lynch' - but it doesn't really matter.

I tend to consider a claim to be a last-ditch effort to get out of being killed, when the information (which is otherwise presumably being kept secret for a reason) is going to the grave anyway.  So in this case, since the victim won't die and can always claim later, I don't think it's necessary to demand any information they don't think it's timely to share.  But I'm not so set in stone about it that if other people did want a claim (and had a good reason or two), I'd be super opposed to it.

I'd like to hear from Scarfalot and Alex again before hammer - but I'm not so worried that an early hammer would be bad that I'll unvote in the meantime.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2687

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Yes, my role has info to do with colours.

10 infractions Day 1 for a fairly weak penalty, but no guarantee they get reset in future days. In any case, if you can be information dense, Darth Skywalkerbacca can still contribute to the discussion somewhat safely. Safety is not guaranteed.

Plausible that it's an ability to silence someone, though certainly a strange target (and timing). I was explicitly given no post restrictions in my invitation, so Supreme Overlord might have a poorly written counterfeit and is therefore scum. Or the mod is a bastard. Or both. Interestingly, mine has "None" beside the "Post Restrictions:", not beneath it. This could just be good practice mod work to make quoting it not viable as proof of anything.

It is interesting how quickly Dark Vessel has designated Electrix and themselves as "us", vs everyone else. I could believe that's just the shape of the discussion pushing them together, but it's important to recognise that leap. It's plausible enough for House MD to have a liar-detecting ability (thanks Wikipedia "list of characters with a disability"), and for the mod to misspell "lupus" in a vote count post. It's also plausible for The King of Eggs to throw that in as a misdirect, but I'll ignore that and just assume Electrix is House and for some reason wanted to join the Dark Vessel tribe after the infamous "Resplectkru" hint. I don't quite follow the reasoning, but the scrambling and claim ring true enough for now. Maybe they're a scum team, but I wouldn't give it that much weight in a huge set of options here.

Meanwhile, on the other bandwagon, 100% confidence of anyone or anything? In mindscrew? It's not even retaliatory, since I'm the guy who pointed the attention to Sir Scarfalot to begin with. I agree with Supreme Overlord; a Town being mistaken about a suspicion doesn't mean they're "likely scum" unless they claim 100% certainty and lie about having information to back it up (which I'll note you haven't done, just 100% certainty without any non-Town evidence).

It's possible that our UNIT NPCs are still tied to a player from their universe, or that Sir Scarfalot's information is simply hailing from said universe and trusting Osgood from that angle.

In any case, we've mined information from the Electrix and Dark Vessel saga, so if Sir Scarfalot is confident in UNIT's abilities, I don't see another viable wagon left today. Our silent voter is still on the Electrix wagon, which could be Sir Scarfalot's passive double vote (it first appeared with their vote, and hasn't moved in the counts since. If anyone can decipher the bold/underline/italic vote counts, please do.

As votes stand, assuming 2 need to switch to Sir Scarfalot, it would need to be some of Sid_The_Kid, Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord (or a self vote). Both Sid and Overlord have indicated a willingness to hammer, and Darth wishes to abstain. Those two plus myself could also pivot to Electrix, but I don't think that's viable at this stage.

Unless someone else wants to claim House and we switch to Electrix, I think flip Sir Scarfalot today and evaluate the roles from that information tomorrow.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:33 am

Welcome to my Domain!

The moment the Sun's edge touch's the grass, the otherwise pleasant meadow is lit in bright reds, and burnished golds

Time is running short

Vote Count 14 Day 1

Votes:
Electrix - Sir_Scarfalot,  {???} [Error]
No Vote - Sid_The_Kid [Error]
Day One - Darth Skywalkerbacca [Error]
Sir_Scarfalot - Alex Steiner, Dark Vessel, Electrix [Error]
Dark Vessel - Supreme Overlord [Error]
Darth Skywalkerbacca - The King of Eggs [Error]
Players not voting:

FoS':

Darth Skywalkerbacca
- Alex Steiner [Error]
The King of Eggs - Electrix, Sid_The_Kid[Error]
Sir_Scarfalot - Supreme Overlord,

Players not FoSing:

Sir_Scarfalot
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

WARNING: ELECTRONIC INTERFERENCE DETECTED (.../meadow.scene - corrupted)

With [Error] Players Alive it is  [Error] to lynch

Deadline: [Error]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:45 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I don't particularly want to push my luck any more than I have so far so I'm going to say. I do understand and have no issues with the idea of a Day 1 lynch for info but if there is no consensus by end of day I'm not fussed.
Because of this and my limited posting ability I will be abstaining from voting for today. This is basically because I don't want to have to unvote or switch votes if/when new info comes out that changes my opinions and I don't want to risk being part and parcel to lynch I don't think is wise, especially because the majority of posting is happening when I am at work during the day.
So for now I will say that Scarf, I can see the logic you're trying to get at but I don't necessarily agree. That being said I don't necessarily think that you're scum either.

I honestly haven't really formed much of an opinion on anybody at the moment other then the fact that Eggs is just the absolute worst.
I do have a theory, but I want to see how night 1 pans out before I really say anything. And to be clear this is not a theory on who is scum or anything specific at all it's more of a far shot hail Mary guess at the twisted little minds games Eggs has in store for us. So saying anything now has literally no value which is why I don't intend to do so.
If you guys need/want anything specific from me going forward until the end of Day 1 feel free to ask but I won't answer single questions. I'll wait until there are a few I can respond to at the one time.
For those who ask, my role doesn't have anything that can help us now or of a night. I am not vanilla but I am also not really an asset to the team either, other than my voting power (obviously).

Rules Infraction - Day 1
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:11 am

Unvote
Vote:Scarf

Some info is better than none.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:21 am

Welcome to my Domain!

I am the voice you hear Screaing inside your head

Vote Count 15 Day 1

Votes:
Sir_Scarfalot - Alex Steiner, Dark Vessel, Electrix, Sid_The_Kid[Error]
Dark Vessel - Supreme Overlord [Error]
Players not voting:

FoS':

Darth Skywalkerbacca
- Alex Steiner [Error]

Players not FoSing:

Sir_Scarfalot
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:16 am

Mod: Unless my vote on the last page didn't count for whatever reason, Vote Counts 14 and 15 should have my vote on Sir Scarfalot, not Dark Vessel.

Supreme Overlord wrote:Vote: Sir Scarfalot - given we already have some claims/info about Electrix and Dark Vessel, I'd like the Day 1 not-a-lynch on someone else to get some info on them, and I think you're where things could most benefit form being cleared up.  By my count that will be L-1 - do we think calling for a claim is necessary before a hammer here? I think probably not, given it won't kill, but I could be persuaded.

It seems Alex missed my vote:
Alex Steiner wrote:As votes stand, assuming 2 need to switch to Sir Scarfalot, it would need to be some of Sid_The_Kid, Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord (or a self vote). Both Sid and Overlord have indicated a willingness to hammer, and Darth wishes to abstain.

Though I'm pretty sure Sid knew he was the hammer.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:36 am

Welcome to my Domain!

I am the voice you hear Screaing inside your head

Vote Count 16 Day 1

Votes:
Sir_Scarfalot - Alex Steiner, Dark Vessel, Electrix, Supreme Overlord, Sid_The_Kid[Lynch]
Players not voting:

FoS':

Darth Skywalkerbacca
- Alex Steiner [Error]

Players not FoSing:

Sir_Scarfalot
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

Code:
dataBreach(playerID):
    playerData = database.query(playerID)
    winCondition = playerData.winCondition
    informParties(playerID, winCondition)

informParties(playerID, winCondition):
    sendNotification(playerID, "URGENT: Your win condition tag 'Town' has been exposed due to a severe data breach. Immediate action is advised!")
    notifyAdministrators(playerID, winCondition)
    logDataBreach(playerID, winCondition)

sendNotification(playerID, message):
    # Code to send a notification to the player

notifyAdministrators(playerID, winCondition):
    # Code to notify the game administrators about the data breach

logDataBreach(playerID, winCondition):
    # Code to log the data breach in a secure and auditable manner

dataBreach("Sir_Scarfalot")
# Win Condition Tag = Town

Votecount Reset

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:45 am

So, Scarf is one of us!
Assuming Electrix is town (I have a feeling), and myself (I know personally, and was the one to call out Electrix early on so you know), this leaves Darth, Alex, Overlord and Sid as my personal suspects. Question is, who has been acting sus?
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:07 am

Hang on, Dark Vessel; what happened to this:
Dark Vessel wrote:And if not for that ability, Electrix, i'd still be voting for you Wink
The not-a-lynch has been depleted (I was expecting Night, but it seems we've still got a lynch available), and this is the last thing you said - why aren't you back to voting Electrix?

Vote: Dark Vessel

So Scarfalot's win con is apparently Town.  I find this a more reliable result than Electrix's claim on Dark Vessel, but there could still be investigation-immune shenanigans in play.
FoS: Sir Scarfalot for now.
Scarfalot, feel free to not reveal more info if you think it's not a good idea - but now after the fact of not-a-lynch, did you have anything on Osgood's message that you think would be worth sharing?

Honestly, at the moment I don't find Alex, Darth, or Sid suspicious for now (note: Sid's info about 5 to lynch was correct).  Part of the reason why I wonder if the investigations aren't accurate.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:41 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:Hang on, Dark Vessel; what happened to this:
Dark Vessel wrote:And if not for that ability, Electrix, i'd still be voting for you Wink
The not-a-lynch has been depleted (I was expecting Night, but it seems we've still got a lynch available), and this is the last thing you said - why aren't you back to voting Electrix?

So Scarfalot's win con is apparently Town.  I find this a more reliable result than Electrix's claim on Dark Vessel, but there could still be investigation-immune shenanigans in play.
FoS: Sir Scarfalot for now.
Scarfalot, feel free to not reveal more info if you think it's not a good idea - but now after the fact of not-a-lynch, did you have anything on Osgood's message that you think would be worth sharing?

Honestly, at the moment I don't find Alex, Darth, or Sid suspicious for now (note: Sid's info about 5 to lynch was correct).  Part of the reason why I wonder if the investigations aren't accurate.

You misinterpret. I am only not voting for Electrix because he was able to use an ability to clear me - and chose to clear ME of all people. The person who called him out at the start. The person who, if he is scum, would be the last person to suspect. It makes no sense.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:57 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:
It seems Alex missed my vote:

Though I'm pretty sure Sid knew he was the hammer.
Correct, I was going by the official counts while cross referencing the appearance of the {???} voter. Doesn't change my analysis too much, since I assumed you'd be first mover to let Sid hammer.

Ignoring the other players' suspicions, Sir Scarfalot being Town inherently makes everyone else more likely to be non-Town (with all relevant mindscrew caveats blah blah blah). A sacrifice worth making if we can Scarf's unbiased analysis of the game to help root out the scum (just don't be misled by any one or two voices who might be scum coordinating to trick you). The more voices we hear, the lower the power of the bad-faith arguments from the enemies of the Town.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:29 am

Notably: Sid tiebroke the vote on Scarf, giving us information when he didn't have to. Looks like Town to me.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:32 am

Though it could be a long play, considering i've already quite transparently revealed my fairly aggressive deductive strategy here, and have at least one ally (electrix) xD. Hard to tell...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:36 am

On balance though, I do kinda like Sid now. So close, so far...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:05 am

Dark Vessel wrote:You misinterpret. I am only not voting for Electrix because he was able to use an ability to clear me - and chose to clear ME of all people.
Ah, I think I understand where I was going wrong now - I was thinking you were not voting Electrix because of the ability that caused the lynch to not kill; whereas you're actually saying you believe his ability claim.

You say you 'have a feeling' - is that just because Electrix chose to clear you, or did you have something else?

Alex, obviously you'll get further information when Scarfalot chimes in - but did you have a vote/FoS in the meantime?

I also wanted to float the option of an Eggs lynch, if we still wanted to use the Day 1 lynch, but didn't want to target a player.  At this stage I think I'd slightly prefer an actual player lynch if we can get a majority going, but I'd prefer Eggs over No Lynch.  Thoughts?

Electrix, I've been wanting to know this, and I don't think it's going to come up naturally in conversation, so I might as well just ask.  On page 2, why did you ask Alex this question?
Electrix wrote:You a fellow town member, Alex?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:51 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:Electrix, I've been wanting to know this, and I don't think it's going to come up naturally in conversation, so I might as well just ask.  On page 2, why did you ask Alex this question?
Electrix wrote:You a fellow town member, Alex?

I had a feeling someone was going to ask this. Truthfully, I don't have a particularly good answer. I guess I felt compelled to ask a direct question to get a little more knowledge from someone. Why Alex specifically? I again don't have the best answer. I just wanted to get more info from someone, and I just chose him.

I have a lot more to add onto the forum but I have work soon, so I'll reply in my break if I can (also why I was fairly inactive yesterday)
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:59 am

Sir Scarfalot, Member of Resplect

Alrighty, seems Eggs wasn’t kidding about my day-1 lynch equals info part of my role. Now that’s used up, but it at least got my wincon public.

I’m quite confident Electrix is mafia, for the reasons I’ve mentioned already.

Dark Vessel might not be mafia, but I’m going to take a risk here and see what this does…

My role might pull through again today Smile

Oh, and I have to put that top line before all my posts to keep my role active.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:18 am

Sir Scarfalot, Member of Resplect

To clarify my last post, I’m pretty sure that I am the ??? vote, but only when I am voting against mafia. Though the lack of a negative result confirming that interpretation of my role is something to keep in mind. I highly suspect that I’ll be night killed tonight, but if I’m right then that’s still two scum down for one townie, which is a very good ratio.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:41 am

Electrix wrote:I had a feeling someone was going to ask this. Truthfully, I don't have a particularly good answer. I guess I felt compelled to ask a direct question to get a little more knowledge from someone. Why Alex specifically? I again don't have the best answer. I just wanted to get more info from someone, and I just chose him.
Hmm, disappointing.  I was hoping your answer would be, "So I could use my lie detector ability on the response", because that's what I was alluding to when I said this:
Supreme Overlord wrote:I've actually found something from earlier that means I'm more willing to believe Electrix's claim.
This puts a dint in my confidence in the truth of your claim.
FoS: Electrix

Sir_Scarfalot wrote:To clarify my last post, I’m pretty sure that I am the ??? vote, but only when I am voting against mafia.
Can you elaborate on this? This seems incredibly powerful if it's true (in which case I think optimal play would be to try voting everyone once between each vote count).  I think any information you could give us on the ??? vote would be helpful, in case you do die overnight and we need to interpret the results without you.  Also, how specific do you reckon it is (/might be) about 'Mafia' (as a faction name) vs say, 'non-Town', etc?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:48 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

Pacifism is clearly the path to victory for some of you

No Lynch declared

Night 1 Begins

Day begins: [Error]
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:58 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

The Mod giveth the mod taketh. As is known

You all slept better than expected last Night, suprisingly enough. Of course, some of you had help.

You awake to confused noises, and find Sid_The_Kid, tied up, gagged, and medicated, all his minor injuries gone, he's otherwise fine though, and thanks you for releasing him.

You don't notice anything else unusual

Until you notice what you haven't noticed. Sir_Scarfalot is nowhere to be found

Sir_Scarfalot, Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North [Doctor Who], Town Political Manipulatior, DELETED Night 1.

Vote Count 1 Day 2

Votes:

Players not voting:
Supreme Overlord
Sid_The_Kid
Elextrix
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

FoS':

Players not FoSing:
Supreme Overlord
Sid_The_Kid
Elextrix
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

Last edited by The King of Eggs on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next