Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

+4
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
SolVI
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0 - Page 18 Empty Re: Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:44 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:This is my prod-avoidance post, as I'm coming up on 36 hours.  For me, arguably it doesn't matter, since I'm getting hit with a Rules Infraction anyway - but it's the principle of the thing.

Alex, are you still happy to vote Eggs? If so, please do so.  If not, can you at least vote No Lynch so we can get on with things?

Mod: Vote count please?
Hit me with the Rules Infraction while you're at it.

While I'm here, I made a couple of notes that weren't worth making a post for - but here I am.

Electrix, if there's any information in your role that you haven't yet shared, I trust it's for a good reason.  But I will make explicit that if you do have information that is worth sharing, please do so.

Also, the rules are now also in the first post on page 1 - no need to try to find them on page 17 each time.

4/10

Rules Infraction - Day 5
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:00 pm

Alex Steiner wrote:Actually, Electrix might as well use your ability again before I hammer. Not much to look at today, but my post above might help clarify things for the two of you as we head into endgame, you can use my "the rest of that post is true" to prove my claim about the apparent lie in my earlier post, and verify the rest of that larger post.

I've just used it, and I can confirm that the post does not contain a lie.

Supreme Overlord wrote:Electrix, if there's any information in your role that you haven't yet shared, I trust it's for a good reason.  But I will make explicit that if you do have information that is worth sharing, please do so.
For the sake of transparency, I'll post my full Role PM here, in accordance with rule 4.
I didn't feel the need to post it, as I have pretty much shared all there is to it, but I'll still do it anyway.

The King of Eggs wrote:

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Electrix. You are Doctor Gregory House (House MD) [Town Diagnostician]

Might've taken one too many Vicodin there...

Active Abilities:

Clinic Duty: ... Really, even here!?*

Each Night, you may choose one player, if that player would die for any reason, they will survive instead

Patients Lie: and you're very good at noticing

each day, at any point, you may quote a full post made by another player that Day to me privately, and I will tell you if that post contains a lie (to the best of my knowledge)

Passive Abilities:

Terrible Bedside Manner: *turns out is is important for people to like you, who knew?*

Any ability that would reveal your alignment will reveal you as a member of the Mafia faction

Post restriction: none

Win Condition: Town you win when all remaining players have the Town win condition

Super Secret Info: You know that Players may vote for more than they believe they can.

I think the only thing I never revealed during the entire game was the super secret info. Given it's secrecy, I figured it best not to reveal that, especially since I didn't think it provided much insight into what my character can do, my win con, abilities, etc.

Anyway, as I reiterate, a lie detection of the post Alex asked me to use it on all but confirms he is telling the truth. I don't really have any doubts left about if you're being truthful or not.
I think voting the mod is the best course of action, and with this new information I have from this lie detection, we can go from there.
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:13 am

Alex, keep in mind that I'm 100% happy for you to just hammer - no need for further discussion about details right now, since if your claim is true and lynching Eggs ends the game in all our favours, I can read about it in the role PMs when Eggs posts the setup.

But if you'd like to add any extra detail to your hammer post (and I'm spending this Rule Infraction writing this post anyway) ...

Alex Steiner wrote:
Alex Steiner wrote:Of note, I have information from my role that tells me I was targeted for a kill, and I infer that the Deleter is still at large, blocked from killing me while I was tied up (but I was definitely not prevented from burning Scarf (sorry).
I have been made aware that my role information doesn't preclude the scenario that the Deleter may have simply chosen not to Delete that night, as a possible alternative explanation I can't outright disprove.
What role information do you have? The other post, which is apparently mostly true, contains:
Alex Steiner, emphasis mine wrote:No point voting in the armistice, though it will end soon. That's my final piece of info to share, there's a rule that prevents voting in the first 24 hours.
But I don't think you've shared any role info about knowing about being targeted.  You could have reasonably thought you were targeted for a kill because you were protected, and there was no other deletion; but you claimed role info.

Alex Steiner wrote:Sid (who is not in the player list and so counts as dead?)
Did you check with the mod if Sid actually counts as dead? Do you mind posting your win con? (I would be happy with your whole role PM - but that's up to you)

Thanks for your role PM, Electrix - cool to read! I do find it interesting that the text 'Mafia' is in the game, despite apparently being nowhere else.
(And amusing that it was you of all players who suggested there might not be a classic Town/Mafia, back in the day!)

Do you interpret your Super Secret Info as referring to being able to vote for Eggs?

5/10
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:24 am

**Welcome to my Domain!**

Welcome Alex Steiner. You are Chandra Nalaar [magic the gathering] (neutral pyromancer)

```This must be the weirdest place you've ever planeswalked to... ```

**Active abilities: **

**Banefire:** *burn them, burn them all!*

Once per Night you may send me player name, and that player will die. However, this ability will fail unless if any other Night Kill abilities succeed that Night (kill method: Incinerated)

**Blinding Flames:** *see what lies behind*

Once per Night, instead of your Banefire, you may name a player to surround with blinding flames. You will be able to see through the fire to know the player's faction. Any other players who investigate your target will be blinded and get no results.

**Passive abilities:**

**Shield of Flame:** *Smoke and Fire can cover up a lot*
If you are investigated, you will give a flavoured result.

**Post restriction:** None

**Win condition:** you win when every faction in the game has at least one player dead, except for your own

||Super secret info: you know there is a rule that prevents voting during the first 24 hours of every Day||
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:30 am

Ugh, discord markdown. Anyway.

My kill fails if someone else succeeds, so my successful kill *and* my protected status made me wrongfully assume that was the only possible reason.

Sid is dead, quoth the mod. However, there was a period of time when the mod was dead, and only Town has died since, so I'm forced to conclude one of you is a faction of yourselves, not Town. I also don't know why I'm alive.

In any case, Vote:The King of Eggs, there's no winning path with Eggs alive.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:58 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

The dice sit where they lie, sometimes they lie badly.

Vote Count 4 Day 5

Votes:
Supreme Overlord - ??? [L-2]
The King of Eggs - Supreme Overlord, Electrix, Alex Steiner [LYNCH]

Players not voting:

FoS':

The King of Eggs - Supreme Overlord, Electrix

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner

The strange man appears before you once again, allowing you to once again again place the noose around his neck, unlike the last time however, all he can do is laugh.

"Pointless"

The King of Eggs, The King of Eggs [Mindscrew Series] (Homicidal Moderator), Lynched Day 3

WARNING: Rule 23 clause deactivated

Night 5 Begins

Deadline: Monday 11:50pm (click me for a countdown)

Please Submit you Night actions promptly, thank you
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:24 am

Welcome to my Domain!

7 men enter, 1 man leaves

The final Night in the meadow went about the same as the rest, the flaming lolipops shining their soft light on the sleeping forms of the final 3 people, who have thus far survived this absurd ordeal. That is, until that soft light is replaced by a far, far brighter one, and Supreme Overlords scream shatter the peace.

Electrix, gagged and loopy from who knows what drugs, though otherwise uninjured, can only watch on as

Supreme Overlord, Phoebus [Stargate Atlantis] (Town Antagoniser), Incinerated Night 5

AND THAT'S THE GAME

Alex Steiner fulfills their Win Condition!
Dark Vessel fulfills their Win Condition!
Sid_The_Kid has already fullfilled their Win Condition!

Congratulations to all three players for successfully winning Mindscrew 6!

This thread is now open to all players for the post game discussion, feel free to ask any questions you may have

And watch this space for the rules, roles and some mod notes!

Last edited by The King of Eggs on Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:47 am

Well, that was stressful. Good game, well played, you lynched the serial killer.

But I lived!

After my unfortunate death, I told no lies. I agonised over those posts, putting unrelated sentences next to each other in suggestive ways. The one lie I told was a genuine misdeduction on my part, as shown by the later post Electrix tested.

Only after I'd seen Electrix's role PM and defused the daily ability with another post could I post my fake PM and lie about Sid being dead (sorry Sid, congratulations on the win).

With the death of Eggs again, I claimed the Flame that's rightfully mine, and carry Dark Vessel with me to victory. As a side effect, I gained control of the mystery {???} vote, so I was ready to race to the lynch in a 3-player endgame if my incineration failed because Eggs was alive or Electrix protected Overlord.

I look forward to a full account of the resurrection shenanigans (and congratulations to whoever was behind the Golden Noose that got me hanged), since I still don't know how I came to be alive. Right to the end I was afraid of the hidden price that would be demanded of me for being alive.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:52 am

Ooh - I don't think I can fault any Night 5 decisions; it was rough going into Day 5 without majority Town.

Darth, my honourable enemy, I thank you for your sacrifice. I am glad I could join you in death.

If you would like to read a short novel, this is my play by play thoughts on the game:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UotOV5zdj1pI4gVoPzCh__d3L9EDL864dt2qFbwgcY0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Eggs, I loved it! I look forward to seeing the behind the scenes details, and thank you very much for running the game.

Ninja'd: well, that's a lot going on that I didn't understand!
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:00 pm

Here's my real PM, if you'd like to compare. The discord markdown actually hid key parts of it that are inside <>, but they're visible if you try quoting my fake PM

**Welcome to my Domain!**

Welcome Alex Steiner. You are Chandra Nalaar [magic the gathering] (neutral pyromancer)

```This must be the weirdest place you've ever planeswalked to... ```

**Active abilities: **

**Pyromancy:** *burn them, burn them all!*

Once per Night you may send me player name, and that player will die. However, this ability will fail unless if any other Night Kill abilities succeed that Night (kill method: Incinerated)

**Planeswalk:** *time to let the heat die down*

If you choose, you may disappear to a different plans of reality at Night, making you untargetable by any effect. However doing so will make you unable to use Pyromancy that Night

**Passive abilities:**

**Shield of Flame:** *Smoke and Fire can cover up a lot*
If you are investigated, you will give a Town flavoured result.

**Post restriction:** None

**Win condition:** serial killer you win when you are the last player standing, or nothing could prevent the same

||Super secret info: you know there is a rule that prevents voting during the first 24 hours of every Day||
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:18 pm

GG guys! Very well played throughout.

Alex, DV and Sid, congratulations on winning!

I really enjoyed this. Having never played Mindscrew before, this was quite the introduction, but I was invested throughout, and it was fun learning the principles of the game.

I'm very excited to see the post game discussion. I think there's so much to unpack. A lot of interesting stuff to dissect.
For those wondering, last night I used my medic save on myself. I was afraid to use it on SO in case he was Mafia, and didn't want to use it on Alex since.. well, I didn't want to use it on the person who could blast one of us into nothing lol.

I'm really glad I made it to end game. A little disappointed I didn't win, but nonetheless had a great time regardless!
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:31 pm

Oh yeah, early in the game I was joking about Scarf rising to serve the town again. By the middle of the game (after I'd died), I'd started to consider some kind of necromancer effect. Not a cult per se, but a player who could use the dead to their advantage for a little while, and had enough buy-in for Scarf to be lying about stuff (when he was truthful Town in his first life).

When I got my revival PM I was immediately asking who my new master was, ready to help them overcome the seemingly unbeatable Town at the time. Absent any information on that, I decided to risk killing someone in hopes the Deletion would fail, not really strategising too much.

As it happened, it was exactly what I needed:

The Flame wrote:Active abilities:
Spirit of the commanders: you have the wisdom of all who came before you. I pity your foes

Once per day, you may name a player to me in PMs, a hidden vote will be placed on that player for the day, but be warned, it can't be removed once placed. This ability may be used pregame.

With the Flame I would control the secret vote for winning endgames, and insulate myself from another lynch.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:02 pm

Phew! That was something!
Yeah, I was {???} throughout. Here!

Welcome to my domain!

Wecome Dark Vessel. You are Lexa Kom Treekru [The 100] (Town Heda)

How did you get here of all places!? Did the mountain men kidnap you? However you got here, you must return to your people. There are others here who might help, and The Flame still guides you

Active abilities:
Spirit of the commanders: you have the wisdom of all who came before you. I pity your foes
Once per day, you may name a player to me in PMs, a hidden vote will be placed on that player for the day, but be warned, it can't be removed once placed. This ability may be used pregame.

Passive abilities:

The Flame: if you drown, it will swim. If you burn, it will crawl from the fire.

If you are lynched, you may select one player among the lynchers, they will receive a private invitation to accept The Flame, if they choose to do so, they will gain all of your abilities, and you will be able to communicate with them and any previous hosts in a special thread I will provide. If you are killed by ability, the person who kills you will receive this option instead

Sheidheda: the dark commander is always waiting to strike

If you are the sole surviving member of the town, you will gain access to a rapid action kill, and your win condition is replaced with a wincon

Post restriction: None

Win Condition: you win when all remaining players have a wincon OR when the current host of The Flame wins, whichever happens first.

Super secret info: you know that there is more than one variation of wincon.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:05 pm

Due to rampant incompetence on my part, the mod notes will be delayed indefinitely

On the plus side, here are the Roles used in this game, with luck they're even the right ones! (If you see that your own Role posted here is different to your actual one, please let me know so I can try and find the right one to replace it with)

Roles placed in a code block because I'm too lazy to edit the formatting to not break on the forum.

Code:
Welcome to my domain!

Wecome Dark Vessel. You are Lexa Kom Treekru [The 100] (Town Heda)

How did you get here of all places!? Did the mountain men kidnap you? However you got here, you must return to your people. There are others here who might help, and The Flame still guides you

Active abilities:

Passive abilities:

The Flame: if you drown, it will swim. If you burn, it will crawl from the fire.
If you are lynched, you may select one player among the lynchers, they will receive a private invitation to accept The Flame, if they choose to do so, they will gain all of your abilities, and you will be able to communicate with them and any previous hosts in a special thread I will provide. If you are killed by ability, the person who kills you will receive this option instead

Sheidheda: the dark commander is always waiting to strike

If you are the sole surviving member of the town, you will gain access to a rapid action kill, and your win condition is replaced with a <serial killer> wincon

Post restriction: None

Win Condition: <Town> you win when all remaining players have a <town> wincon OR when the current host of The Flame wins, whichever happens first.

Super secret info: you know that there is more than one variation of <Town> wincon.

~~~~~

Welcome to my Domain!

You are... Me [real life] (psychopathic mod)

Again and again they return, letting them kill each other is clearly not a sufficient deterrent, time to take matters into your own hands

Active abilities:
Wrath of Mod: strike them down, for the greater glory of Mod
Each Day, you may kill any player with a rules infraction, if this ability is not used, instead you will kill the least active player of the Day during the Night Phase (kill method: DELETED)

Modly Mercy:
On Days 2, 4, and 5 you May Revive One Dead Player. That player receives "temporarily benediction: you will die in 2 Cycles (Day plus Night phases)

Post restriction: you may post only in the capacity of the moderator, this ability is nullified on any Day where 10 or more total Rules Infractions have been handed out.

Win condition:<mod> you win if the players enjoy the game to completion

Super secret info: Yes

~~~

Welcome to my Domain!

This must be the weirdest place you've ever planeswalked to...

Active abilities:

Pyromancy: burn them, burn them all!

Passive abilities:

Planeswalk: time to let the heat die down

If you choose, you may disappear to a different plans of reality at Night, making you untargetable by any effect. However doing so will make you unable to use Pyromancy that Night

Win condition: <serial killer> you win when you are the last player standing, or nothing could prevent the same

Super secret info: you know there is a rule that prevents voting during the first 24 hours of every Day

~~~

[center]

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Supreme Overlord. You are Phoebus [Stargate Atlantis] (Town Antagoniser)

A thousand wars, a thousand bodies, this is no different, even if a little strange. You can sense the enemy is here, you're more than welcome to help the people of the "town" but first...

Active abilities:

Find the Enemy: once per night, you may choose a player, if that player is your ancient enemy Thalan, you will find out.

Passive abilities:

Aura of malice: any investigative role targeting you will receive an incorrect result indicating that you are hostile to them.

Pure spite: if you have identified your ancient enemy, your vote counts for double to Lynch them.

Distraction: can have these other fool interfering just yet.
~~~

[center]

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Darth Skywalkerbacca. You are Thalan [Stargate Atlantis] (Town Antagoniser)

A thousand wars, a thousand bodies, this is no different, even if a little strange. You can sense the enemy is here, you're more than welcome to help the people of the "town" but first...

Active abilities:

Find the Enemy: once per night, you may choose a player, if that player is your ancient enemy Phoebus, you will find out.

Passive abilities:

Aura of malice: any investigative role targeting you will receive an incorrect result indicating that you are hostile to them.

Pure spite: if you have identified your ancient enemy, your vote counts for double to Lynch them.

Distraction: can have these other fool interfering just yet.
 As long as Phoebus is alive, the following rule will be effect

Rule 0: I can not tell you the rules, sorry.

Win condition: <Town> you win when all remaining players have the <town> win condition AND Phoebus is dead.

Super secret information: you know Phoebus has essentially the same role as you do, with the names switched around.

~~~

Welcome to my Domain!

Sir Scarfalot. You are Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North [Doctor Who] (Town political manipulator)

Yes, we know who you are

If there wasn't already an act of parliament banning your autobiography, there sure would be after this

Active Abilities:

Political Manipulation: If Flydale North can not achieve prosperity through democracy, then democracy must be changed
Once per Day, at any time, you may activate one of the following abilities you have not yet activated

Queenmaker: For the rest of the Day, if any player would be lynched, they instead will be asked to name another player, and that player will die instead

UNIT spy network: For the rest of the Day, if any player would be lynched, their win condition tag will be posted in the thread and the vote count will be reset (for example, yours would be <town>)

Miracle Day: For the rest of the Day, if any <town> player would be lynched they will instead survive

Passive Abilities:

Effective Governance: any vote you make on a member of the <mafia> faction counts as 2. This ability is inactive Day 1

Post restriction: Your first post each Day must begin with the words "[username], Member of Resplect" failure to comply will be met with a rules infraction, and the inability to use Political Manipulation that Day

Win condition: <Town> you win when all remaining players have the <town> win condition

Super secret info: you know that inactivity is potentially, though not certainly, lethal

~~~~

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Electrix. You are Doctor Gregory House (House MD) [Town Diagnostician]

Might've taken one too many Vicodin there...

Active Abilities:

Clinic Duty: ... Really, even here!?

Each Night, you may choose one player, if that player would die for any reason, they will survive instead

Patients Lie: and you're very good at noticing

each day, at any point, you may quote a full post made by another player to me privately, and I will tell you if that post contains a lie (to the best of my knowledge)

Passive Abilities:

Terrible bedside manner: turns out is is important for people to like you, who knew

Any ability that would reveal your alignment will reveal you as a member of the <Mafia> faction

Win Condition <Town> you win when all remaining players have the <town> win condition

Super Secret Info: You know that Players may vote for more than they believe they can.

~~~
Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Sid The Kid. You are Chris Angel (Chris Angel Mindfreak) [Neutral Mindfuck]

Mindfreak in a mindscrew? What a mindfuck

Active Abilities:

Disappearing act: now you see them...

Once during the game, during any Night, you may send me one player name, that player will be unable to Vote, FoS, use any ability, or be the target of any ability for one full Cycle (one Day and one Night). They may however post in the thread as normal.

Pyrotechnic Finish: quick, distract them with fireworks so they don't notice you cheating!

if you would die, the player who is the most direct cause of your death will be lit up in pretty fireworks for all to see, the colour of which indicates their win condition tag (yours world be <neutral>)
Red=<Mafia>
Green=<Town>
Blue=<Neutral>
Purple=<Other>

Passive Abilities:

Death Defying Stunt: the first time you would die, you instead survive.

Win Condition: <Neutral> You win if you survive until the end of Night 3

Super Secret Info: You know that on Day 1 it will require 5 Votes to Lynch somebody

~~~
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18