Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

+4
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
SolVI
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0 - Page 17 Empty Re: Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

Post by Dark Vessel Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:18 am

I'm only voting Alex because I don't know for sure if Electrix will shield me, and Alex has already shown intent to claim the Flame for himself. I don't wanna burn D:
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:23 am

Honestly, Dark Vessel and Electrix, good for you, voting Alex - it's probably the most direct way towards your win condition.  It's vaguely annoying to not stop along the way for other side quests, but I respect it.

FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca, with the intent of upgrading to a vote which I'm not sure if it'll be the hammer - not sure if the double vote will mean it's six votes in play and four to lynch.  Don't want to cut short discussion too early.

Though this is a weird statement:
Dark Vessel wrote:I'm only voting Alex because I don't know for sure if Electrix will shield me, and Alex has already shown intent to claim the Flame for himself. I don't wanna burn D:
Are you not 'only voting Alex' because you think it will end the game in your favour?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2646

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:48 am

Well, it doesn't seem like anyone's too concerned about discussion getting away from us.

Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca
Go, my dear sweet double vote!
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:09 am

Welcome to my Domain!

Dial the Gate

Vote Count 3 Day 4

Votes:
Alex Steiner - Dark Vessel, Electric [Error]
Darth Skywalkerbacca - Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord, Supreme Overlord [LYNCH]

Players not voting:
Alex Steiner

FoS':
Darth Skywalkerbacca - Electrix, Supreme Overlord [Error]

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

Old enemies, united at last. Darth Skywalkerbacca all but hangs himself, with a smile on his face. His fight is over.

Darth Skywalkerbacca, Thalan [Stargate Atlantis] (Town Antagoniser), Lynched Day 4

WARNING: ELECTRONIC INTERFERENCE DETECTED (.../meadow.scene - corrupted)
ALERT: ELECTRONIC INTERFERENCE RESOLVED (.../meadow.scene - optimal)

Rule 0 Deactivated
Rules:

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:44 am

Looks like Night 4 hasn't been declared yet, so we can still post.

Most of the rules we'd figured out the gist of, by the looks.  I know I'll be voting to Skip Armistice first up Day 5 if I'm alive (though Alex should kill me).
The King of Eggs wrote:Rule 22: At the beginning of Night 2, a random player on the dead players list will be revived. They gain the role effect Momentary Mercy. The same is true of Night 4
This looks like the key one.  Please note, this rule effect hasn't gone off yet - Scarfalot resurrected during Day 2; Alex resurrected start of Night 3 (Sid resurrected end of Night 2, but he claimed that as his own ability).

Currently dead players are Eggs, Scarfalot, Darth - not Darth resurrected, please! If Eggs comes back (which may not be announced if he's invisible; but process of elimination if no one else resurrects), please keep in mind Rule 23 reactivates, so you'll need to target your abilities accordingly.

Otherwise, I think the same plan is solid - just keep lynching Alex, and Eggs if necessary, until they stay dead.
(Famous last words)
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:01 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:Otherwise, I think the same plan is solid - just keep lynching Alex, and Eggs if necessary, until they stay dead.

I think this is a fairly solid strategy.

I'm really happy my suspicions on Darth were accurate. Since the beginning I've actually been fairly suspicious of him. I didn't have anything solid to use against him, which is why I held off on voting for so long. You can't vote someone on nothing and then just hope people go along with it and not think of you as suspicious.

That said, there were a few factors that made me very skeptical of Darth, and I'm glad they were all correctly realised.

Since we have one less scum to deal with, we really have to weigh our options up here and tread carefully. We also need more engagement. It's not exactly easy to figure out what to do when you're seeing no more than two posts a day!
Come on everyone, round up!
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:17 pm

So, ignore literally everything I said about Darth being scum.
The clear green text, the format (Faction - Role) that has been used throughout are clear indicators that he... isn't scum, and is literally 100% town

Which also means all my suspicions on Darth were not well-founded at all, so I have nothing to be relieved about, and if anything, I'm not legitimately concerned here. Darth was my biggest suspicion and he's clearly revealed as town, so my entire perception on who is scum has really been skewed.

My reading skills are about as solid as a brain damaged toddler cyclops
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:34 pm

This is the final post I can make today without a rules infraction.
Electrix, can you shield me now? Alex has expressed interest in killing me to get the Flame, and all other confirmed innocents are dead xD
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:13 pm

Oh hey Electrix; did you lie detect today yet? See Rule 13 - use it or lose it.
Electrix wrote:Which also means all my suspicions on Darth were not well-founded at all, so I have nothing to be relieved about, and if anything, I'm not legitimately concerned here. Darth was my biggest suspicion and he's clearly revealed as town, so my entire perception on who is scum has really been skewed.
I actually didn't think anyone legitimately believed Darth wasn't Town.  Are you thinking there's more non-Town than the revealed Sid, Eggs, Alex?

Also, everyone remember the ability rotation is no longer in play (unless Eggs comes back) - target who you want to hit!
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:55 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:Oh hey Electrix; did you lie detect today yet? See Rule 13 - use it or lose it.
Oops. Thanks for the reminder.

I had held off on using it since there weren't really many posts that I felt the ability could really grab any interesting information on, but since we're pressed for time, I used it on Alex's post, on page 16.

I can tell you all that his post contains a lie. I do not know what part specifically contains a lie, which sentence, which claim, etc., but my ability does confirm that there is something in that post that is a blatant lie. We will do with it what we can I suppose.

Again, I legitimately did not want to use it on Alex again, but I wasn't exactly granted many great options to use it on, so I'm sure you all can understand.

Dark Vessell wrote:Electrix, can you shield me now? Alex has expressed interest in killing me to get the Flame, and all other confirmed innocents are dead xD
Yeah, sure I can do that
I'm gonna hate you if it turns out I've been protecting you and you aren't town though..
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:59 pm

Night Has Fallen

Deadline:Thursday 10am (click me for countdown)
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:11 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

And humility is an important quality. Especially if you're wrong a lot.... Of course, when you're right, self-doubt doesn't help anybody, does it?

Another Night in the Meadow, another suprisingly solid sleep. Shame about Dark Vessel though...

Robotically at this point, you turn to find Supreme Overlord, gagged, and medicated, all his minor injuries gone, he's otherwise fine though.

Dark Vessel, Lexa Kom Treekru [The 100] (Town Heda), DELETED Night 4

Vote Count 1 Day 5

Votes:

Players not voting:
Supreme Overlord
Electrix
Alex Steiner

FoS':

Players not FoSing:
Supreme Overlord
Electrix
Alex Steiner

With 4 Players Alive it is 3 to lynch

Deadline: Tuesday 2AM (click me for a countdown)

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:10 pm

"Let this be a lesson, post more" -Mod.
..We may want to post more guys.

Since Eggs is out of the picture and the cycle wasn't in action, I had targeted the medic save onto DV, as he had requested, hoping that he would be saved for today. Since he was deleted, I'm guessing the medic-save skipped DV, skipped over Darth (due to the lynch) and then looped back around to the top of the list, onto Overlord.

So now we know for sure that DV is a town, as I had proved during day 1 with the lie detector. I was becoming increasingly skeptical of DV throughout the game's course, due to the roles being revealed as opposite to what they actually are. Then there was of course the debate on if "lie detection" constitutes an "investigation" or not. Lot to unpack with that one.

So we have Alex left, who is non-town. We have me, who I know for a fact is town, but none of you know that for sure.

Overlord who in my head could be literally anything at this point. For all I know his win con is "I'm a cameleon! flower".
I'm just that conflicted on what his role is.

I'll be doing my best to post a lot more, especially if it was inactivity that got DV deleted like that.

SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:28 am

Darn, it looks like we're in kingmaker.  Not impossible for Town to win, but it'll require some things to go our way.

So let's be clear here: Eggs is alive again.  He resurrected at the start of Night 4, as per Rule 22.  It wasn't announced because he's an invisible player (or for whatever reason) - but you can see he's alive because the vote count says there are four players.  This turned the ability rotation back on, as per Rule 23.  I targeted Eggs basically just to see if it would work, and found out he wasn't my enemy.  I believe the evidence points in the direction of Eggs being the deleter.

Vote: Skip Armistice

Best-case I can see is we lynch Eggs, hope Electrix can block the kill on whoever Alex targets, lynch Alex.  Notwithstanding any shenanigans we don't know about, but those are the options available as claimed.

Alex, this is sort of talking like you're not here, despite town not actually having the majority right now.  I think it's in your favour to lynch Eggs; certainly with your win con as claimed, though that post had a lie.  Did you target Dark Vessel, ended up hitting me?

If we can't the three of us agree, No Lynch is also an option - we can hope for Alex and/or Eggs to kill each other, get a lucky save on any town kill-target.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:01 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:He resurrected at the start of Night 4, as per Rule 22.
Damn, I had totally missed that. I noticed Eggs is definitely alive again now, as it says there are four players left, but I had totally missed that, and forgot that was in accordance with rule 22.

Supreme Overlord wrote:I believe the evidence points in the direction of Eggs being the deleter.
He is almost certainly the deleter. When I reacted to DV being deleted, the exact reply I got was "Let this be a lesson, post more."
For all I know he's trying to mindscrew again, but, better safe than sorry, so we should really up the ante on the posts and content here.

Overlord. This may be a bad time to bring this up, but what was your win/con again? I'm pretty tired, so I may have just skimmed through it, but I can't find it on any of the pages. I remember something about you having some kind of dual role with Darth. Am I misremembering there, or am I on the right track?
I know you had claimed a Thalan investigate on Night 1, which would coincide with Darth's Stargate role.

Sorry if I'm asking you to reiterate information you've literally put out there numerous times, there's just so many damn pages it's hard to keep track at this point in time!

Supreme Overlord wrote:Best-case I can see is we lynch Eggs, hope Electrix can block the kill on whoever Alex targets, lynch Alex.
I'm in favor of lynching Eggs, especially when he is almost certainly the Deleter we've been dealing with here.

It truly feels like we're in the endgame at this point..
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:00 pm

I haven't been refreshing the page like once an hour all day, just in case; no sirree!

In accordance with Rule 4 (man, I love having the rules visible), please allow me to just quote my role PM:
The King of Eggs wrote:

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Supreme Overlord. You are Phoebus [Stargate Atlantis] (Town Antagoniser)
A thousand wars, a thousand bodies, this is no different, even if a little strange. You can sense the enemy is here, you're more than welcome to help the people of the "town" but first...

Active abilities:

Find the Enemy: once per night, you may choose a player, if that player is your ancient enemy Thalan, you will find out.

Passive abilities:

Aura of malice: any investigative role targeting you will receive an incorrect result indicating that you are hostile to them. Pure spite: if you have identified your ancient enemy, your vote counts for double to Lynch them.
Distraction: can have these other fool interfering just yet.
As long as Thalan is alive, the following rule will be effect
Code:
Rule 0: I can not tell you the rules, sorry.

Win condition: Town you win when all remaining players have the Town win condition AND Thalan is dead.

Super secret information: you know Thalan has essentially the same role as you do, with the names switched around.

Electrix wrote:When I reacted to DV being deleted, the exact reply I got was "Let this be a lesson, post more."
Oh right; is this something Eggs said to you privately? (Rule 4 ftw!)
I wonder if Eggs can only delete people who have Rules Infractions.  That's what they get for not posting (as per Rule 19) - though if that were the case, it would be a bit harsh on the people who get Rules Infractions for posting when they get hit by Rule 21.
(And if this is the case - what the hell, Eggs; didn't delete Darth for me Night 1??)
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:10 pm

Yes, quite simply voting the mod to death again is the best option to get me out of your Town (and perhaps the only one unless he deigns to vote for someone to make 3 to lynch).

After some back and forth with the mod, the lie is apparently this sentence:
Alex Steiner wrote:Of note, I have information from my role that tells me I was targeted for a kill, and I infer that the Deleter is still at large, blocked from killing me while I was tied up (but I was definitely not prevented from burning Scarf (sorry).
I have been made aware that my role information doesn't preclude the scenario that the Deleter may have simply chosen not to Delete that night, as a possible alternative explanation I can't outright disprove. My certainty there makes it read as a lie, but I claim it was an oversight on my part (and a more than reasonable deduction with the evidence on hand, backed up by the subsequent deletion). The rest of the post is true.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

"It resolves"

Armistice 5 Complete

Vote Count 2 Day 5

Votes:
Supreme Overlord - ??? [L-2]

Players not voting:
Supreme Overlord
Electrix
Alex Steiner

FoS':

Players not FoSing:
Supreme Overlord
Electrix
Alex Steiner

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:24 pm

Sincere apologies for the dreadfully late reply.

I had responded to the forum before I went to work, but for some reason the message never fully sent, so all of my thoughts were left unspoken.

Supreme Overlord wrote:Oh right; is this something Eggs said to you privately? (Rule 4 ftw!)
I can confirm this is indeed something that was said to me privately. My reaction to DV's death, right after it was posted was  met with the "Let this be a warning. Post more".
I can say with absolute certainty that Eggs is the deleter we've been dealing with this entire time.

Later on when I'm home, I will copy and paste my role PM, so it's out there for you  all to see.

Regarding lynching the Mod, I'm completely for that. I probably won't be able to resond much as I'm literally on my break at work, but when I get home I'll see where we're at.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no doubt your role is what it says it is. Thalan and Phoebus were, from a brief search, sworn enemies from Stargate. All the information aligns with what your roles abilities and passives do, including your win con.
You both clearly already know that, but just figured I'd put it out there that I also understand the reference.

I know my post didn't go through, but just pretend I also voted to skip the armistice.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:12 am

Cool cool; we're in agreement.

Vote: The King of Eggs
FoS: The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:17 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:Darn, it looks like we're in kingmaker.  Not impossible for Town to win, but it'll require some things to go our way.

So let's be clear here: Eggs is alive again.  He resurrected at the start of Night 4, as per Rule 22.  It wasn't announced because he's an invisible player (or for whatever reason) - but you can see he's alive because the vote count says there are four players.  This turned the ability rotation back on, as per Rule 23.  I targeted Eggs basically just to see if it would work, and found out he wasn't my enemy.  I believe the evidence points in the direction of Eggs being the deleter.

Best-case I can see is we lynch Eggs, hope Electrix can block the kill on whoever Alex targets, lynch Alex.  Notwithstanding any shenanigans we don't know about, but those are the options available as claimed.

Alex, this is sort of talking like you're not here, despite town not actually having the majority right now.  I think it's in your favour to lynch Eggs; certainly with your win con as claimed, though that post had a lie.  Did you target Dark Vessel, ended up hitting me?

If we can't the three of us agree, No Lynch is also an option - we can hope for Alex and/or Eggs to kill each other, get a lucky save on any town kill-target.

Rules Infraction - Day 5

Supreme Overlord wrote:I haven't been refreshing the page like once an hour all day, just in case; no sirree!

In accordance with Rule 4 (man, I love having the rules visible), please allow me to just quote my role PM:
The King of Eggs wrote:

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Supreme Overlord. You are Phoebus [Stargate Atlantis] (Town Antagoniser)
A thousand wars, a thousand bodies, this is no different, even if a little strange. You can sense the enemy is here, you're more than welcome to help the people of the "town" but first...

Active abilities:

Find the Enemy: once per night, you may choose a player, if that player is your ancient enemy Thalan, you will find out.

Passive abilities:

Aura of malice: any investigative role targeting you will receive an incorrect result indicating that you are hostile to them. Pure spite: if you have identified your ancient enemy, your vote counts for double to Lynch them.
Distraction: can have these other fool interfering just yet.
As long as Thalan is alive, the following rule will be effect
Code:
Rule 0: I can not tell you the rules, sorry.

Win condition: Town you win when all remaining players have the Town win condition AND Thalan is dead.

Super secret information: you know Thalan has essentially the same role as you do, with the names switched around.

Electrix wrote:When I reacted to DV being deleted, the exact reply I got was "Let this be a lesson, post more."
Oh right; is this something Eggs said to you privately? (Rule 4 ftw!)
I wonder if Eggs can only delete people who have Rules Infractions.  That's what they get for not posting (as per Rule 19) - though if that were the case, it would be a bit harsh on the people who get Rules Infractions for posting when they get hit by Rule 21.
(And if this is the case - what the hell, Eggs; didn't delete Darth for me Night 1??)

Rules Infraction - Day 5

Supreme Overlord wrote:Cool cool; we're in agreement.

Rules Infraction - Day 5
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:55 pm

And it looks like SO has been hit with the rules infraction.. Wonderful.

If the theory about rule infractions leading to deletion holds up, this is very bad for us. We know for a fact that a lack of activity leads to deletion, but it's not exactly 100% certain if the same is true with other rules infractions.

SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:27 am

This is my prod-avoidance post, as I'm coming up on 36 hours.  For me, arguably it doesn't matter, since I'm getting hit with a Rules Infraction anyway - but it's the principle of the thing.

Alex, are you still happy to vote Eggs? If so, please do so.  If not, can you at least vote No Lynch so we can get on with things?

Mod: Vote count please?
Hit me with the Rules Infraction while you're at it.

While I'm here, I made a couple of notes that weren't worth making a post for - but here I am.

Electrix, if there's any information in your role that you haven't yet shared, I trust it's for a good reason.  But I will make explicit that if you do have information that is worth sharing, please do so.

Also, the rules are now also in the first post on page 1 - no need to try to find them on page 17 each time.

4/10
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:37 pm

Yes, I will vote the mod again, though I will hold my hammer until the vote count for clarity. Hopefully he doesn't keep us waiting too long.

Actually, Electrix might as well use your ability again before I hammer. Not much to look at today, but my post above might help clarify things for the two of you as we head into endgame, you can use my "the rest of that post is true" to prove my claim about the apparent lie in my earlier post, and verify the rest of that larger post.

With that truth tested you can work with me tomorrow to eliminate the non-Town between you that's blocked my wincon. One or both of you have to have lied about your role somehow, and I'd like to work out who so I can win and escape this purgatory.

Obviously Electrix could claim I'm lying again. I will know he's lying because I ran that post by the mod to check he would not see any lies if tested after getting burnt with the prior day.

So yeah, Vote Count, Electrix truth test, then I'll hammer.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:43 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

I have a dream

Vote Count 3 Day 5

Votes:
Supreme Overlord - ??? [L-2]
The King of Eggs - Supreme Overlord, Electrix [L-1]

Players not voting:
Alex Steiner

FoS':

The King of Eggs - Supreme Overlord, Electrix

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next