Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signup/Organisation

+3
Supreme Overlord
Alex Steiner
Darth Skywalkerbacca
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Signup/Organisation - Page 2 Empty Re: Signup/Organisation

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:43 am

Alex would be in; I think Rewind was expressing interest in returning, so that's three.

Eggs would do it, I think; I'll remind him.

I could be wrong, but this is the sort of thing that wouldn't need everyone active constantly at the same time, so long as people check in occasionally.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2678

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 am

The aforementioned Rewind has returned and I think this time I'm back for good.

anyway the following is a list of info about my character.

Name: If I Could Rewind or Rewind for short *duh*
Appearance: straight black hair cut at a medium length, one green eye with flecks of gold in it and one gold eye with flecks of green in it, slightly taller than average, slight/ skinny build but not without some measure of muscle. appears to be roughly 30 years of age *but is he*.
Traits: Charismatic, intelligent, calm, passionate, imaginative, has a strong sense of morals (right and wrong)
Likes: Fire, Ice, Girls, cool animals, magic, down to earth people, other intelligent people, Philosophy, Learning, exploring (curiosity)
Flaws: Gullible (to a degree), if pushed over the edge has sadistic and homicidal tenancies (after losing his calm), Troubled by depression, can be either extremely lazy or work very hard depending on how motivated he is.
Dislikes: Extreme elements, bad things happening to good people, self-righteous prigs, most royalty, evil doers (lol), Camping out (lol again)
Back story: Rewind was originally just like many other teenagers/ kids of the realm of ________ he grew up hoping to be in the kings elite guard named ________. However unlike most of these day dreaming children Rewind actually made his dreams come true but after several years in the ________ Rewind learned how corrupt and bigoted the King in command of the realm and therefore the __________ was consequently Rewind left the _________ and left to pursue his other dream, becoming a "Mage", a scholar and a philosopher. Rewind travelled for many years learning all he could about the both magic and the nature of all things in the world and pondering what their deeper purpose might be. He lived through many means such as employing himself as a mercenary or a scribe and on his travels picked up many useful skills, picking locks and ignoring both the cold and heat to name a few. Finally Rewind found himself back in his country of origin where the corrupt king had caused the land to fall into civil war. blaming himself for the collapse of his homeland Rewind signed on with the rebels fighting the king and helped them de throne him. however the new leader turned out to be just as corrupt as the one before and even more power hungry. Unable to do anything Rewind watched as his homeland was destroyed from within and he vowed never again to act without first thinking through the consequences. And then this happened *lets Darth take over*

that's about it if you need more I'm happy to provide more of a back story or elaborate on any of the current one if you need me to anyway It's good to be back.
PS: If you give me fire magic/ fire command over fire furies I will love you forever

Rewind
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

Thank you IICR, your character bio was most specific (you seem to have written not only your own backstory but the back story for the entire realm) regardless it works (I like it) so we'll start with this as a kind of vague history is that ok with everybody. (also IICR thanks for taking such an active intrest now we just need Alex and somebody else back on and we can start).

P.S. Overlord I'm getting around to posting your bio but without computer access it might take till the end of the week.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 am

Thank you Darth I didn't actually mean to write the back story for the entire realm I guess I got a bit carried away, and I'm sorry if I ruined your own back story and I would be honoured if you would use my back story for everyone, even if that was not my original intention.
Anyway I just thought I would reply as I'm sick at home and don't have anything else to do today.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 am

bla

I AM ALIVE

Hi
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 am

Alex Steiner wrote:bla

I AM ALIVE

Hi
^^ this is a suspicious way to start an informal conversation among humans....... the one called Alex has obviously been zombified and is now one of the living dead, bent on mayhem and destruction.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 am

I thought this was just arrangements. I'm not in character, seeing as I don't have one completely coalesced in my head.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:07 am

Overlord has proposed not just limiting powers to elemental but maybe general or all-purpose powers basically anything starting in tele and other such traits what do people think about this?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am

I quite like the straight elemental power however maybe if these other all purpose powers can be used in conjunction with these elemental powers. For example one could have both the control of the "water" element and the ability to heal or tele these could be separate abilities that have to be synchronised correctly for maximum effectiveness. This is something I could agree to especially if you also have to make choices regarding your powers for example having to choosing between enhancing your powers or learning new ones. I think that Overlords idea is very good especially if it is linked in with the current ideas rather than just being throw in because it can be.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:29 am

Interweaving elemental and 'other' is a good idea if you can pull it off. Working in tandem also appeals (Magicka comes to mind as a possible source of inspiration). Having a lot of potential but it's hard/impossible to access all of it is a decent way of providing options and the illusion of great personal power while acting as a limit to what any given character can do.

While it's important to have a self-consistent system in place, I also don't think we should get bogged down in the details before we even start. There's a lot of room in-story for exploring abilities, and that gives you a bit of leeway to develop a system before we need it to be set in stone.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:22 am

okay I'll try to make a system that can intermingle the two elemental and all-purpose ideas. I'll send you PMs suggesting combinations or you can send me one if you have one in mind (just don't overdo it) I understand we have another member on resplect that Overlord recruited I'll wait for a while to see if he comes on and if he has anything to say about it.

As is I am busy doing assignments for uni so I won't be very active until after the 13th of August ok.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:09 am

Ok, this should be amusing,

Name: Egg, no idea why but why not.

Physical charicaristics: Tall, medium build, gracefull, pale complextion, dark hair, very forgetable face(with the exeption of the eyes, peircing light blue, cold a ice and sharp as flint), scared fingers/palm.

Personality, silent, standoffish, does not play well with others (think god complex), Slow burning anger that seems to constantly be below the surface just waiting to erupt into a blind fury.

Powers?: ice/fire/storm/shadow in that order i guess, pick which ever is less game breaky

Did i miss anything?
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 am

ok Eggs do you have a certain backstory in mind for you chracter or are you to lazy and just want me to make one up for you. if so Pm me a list.

Job: (prior to the adventure thingy)
general background: eg. hard life, lonely (how he got his god complex)
and anything else you can think of
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 am

also I'm going to make another topic purely for the story so please don't post in it
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 am

ok I'm sorry I haven't done anything yet I've been trapped out at Southbrook with no interent access. But from today I'll be sending out and refining character ideas so keep paying attention also I might start to to regular 'History of the realm' updates (I've started on a few just have to edit them get rid of all the story breaking paradoxs) also I've got a message from a new member Jayden who is interested in playing as well.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 am

Ok just so you know how I want this thing to be played:
1. This game is individually based: All characters will make decisions independant of all other characters, there will be a story discusion thread but any group consensus reached in that thread is dependant upon the paticipation of the indepedant actors and thier personal desicions.

2. I am the only node of communication: After every 'chapter' has been written I will send out a series of PMs to every player asking them how their characters are going to respond to this situation, these PMs are not to be reposted in any thread, these PMs are not to be passed on to others, depending on the responses of others I will send out more PMs until I think that a point has been reached where a suitable chunk of story can be written and there that there is no great story breaking paradox.

3. Alliances: players who want to form secret allieances can PM one another but the nature of these PMs must be made avaliable to me so as to be able to intergrate it into the story.

4. Powers: The basic power system is this, everybody has the ability to possess elemental and all purpose powers, you are not to reveal what these powers are outside of the story, you can only reveal your powers through the medium of the story.

5. Rules for powers: After every chapter I will ask you if you wish to use your powers in the next turn (either subtly if you want them kept a secret or otherwise outwardly) elemental powers can be used liberally but I will decide if try to use them to much or if you try to do something to powerful, your ability will grow with time though and so will the amount I will let you do. This also aplies with the all purpose powers but they will always be generally very limited.

If anybody has any questions please ask
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:57 am

Yay for story breaking, that's gonna be a hornets nest. Every turn at least two of us will clash.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:21 am

It will be what we make it. Try to be in character, and hopefully your character is not a complete sociopath. It'll be fine.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 am

'Not a complete sociopath'? Eggs? No!

In other news, where are things at?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 am

I'm going to try my best to make sure people don't clash, obviuosly it is all up to the way you play the game by the way Eggs I've sent you your character backstory for checking and Alex if you could get back to me on the one I sent you that would be great
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:41 am

okay people starting from today, nobody post in the new thread
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:01 am

ok I admit I haven't been giving mush time to this and I know you all want me to start, for the record the majority of my time has been taken up by Skyrim as such I haven't been particularyly busy just lazy but I'm going to start posting more soon so stay tuned.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Skyrim is short term fun, but ultimately unsatisfying. Like drugs.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 am

ok I've only got one exam to go for which I am quite prepared going to start posting within the next few days hopefully.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:12 am

Woo?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer