Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

+8
Horselord
Cloud Kicker
Reverse Simplicity
Dark Vessel
Hachi
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
Sir_Scarfalot
12 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 8 Empty Re: Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm

@Sir_Scarfalot: i said that i'm my master's personal lightning rod, kinda like a meat shield of sorts. if my master is targeted ( who ever he is, if i have one at this timeĀ Sad ) then the effect is redirected to me.

i obviously am not a full lightning rod since others have been targeted for a wide range of abilities.

as for the berry i posted earlier in the thread, it symbolizes my master's ability to recharge abilities after use "as if they were not used"

once again i emphasize i received no knowledge with my role pm of who my master is. i even was given a flavor text stating something along the lines of "where is your precious lamp now?".
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 392

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 8 Empty Re: Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:38 pm

@Darth Skywalkerbacca

Wait, you used a defense ability on CK? Even if you were *sure* that would have no effect, that's still kind of suspect. I really don't want to try and lynch him, since he's all but literally asking for it. That seems like a trap, I think.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:45 pm

yea CK throws off too much of a vig/bomb or maybe a jester vibe. but he does seem to be withholding information, like dangling a carrot infront of us yet not giving us the full picture.

as for Darth's target i think i understand why he did it but i'll leave it to him to explain, no use putting innocent words in the mouth of possible guilt.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:48 pm

@Sid_The_Kid

Well, I really am sorry for your situation if you honestly have no idea who your 'master' is, or what the heck else is up. Still, I can't shake the suspicion that you are actually Mafia, or that your 'master' is mafia. Which means that a lynch is still 100% my move against you.

Now, as for that 'lamp'... considering that and a couple of other things, I suspect that we may not be entirely alone. Maybe there's another threat, beyond the Mafia... Or there could be no mafia at all. Only our King of Eggs or the (increasingly theoretical) mafia knows.

I mean, "beast older than time roars its displease", then I get an upgrade*? That's... um, yeah. Anyone have a nice bunker I can sleep in tonight?

*Which I can confirm WAS an upgrade, BTW.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 pm

@sir_scarfalot: did you gain an ability? or increase x-shot count? or gain scope to ability? ( such as a night/day ability becoming any phase)
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:01 pm

@Sid_The_Kid

I'm going to say that it was a new passive. Can't really give you more, you understand.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:04 pm

hmm ok then, thanks for that
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Leaving my vote on eggs. I still say a lynch is a good idea, but I understand the hesitation (not that it has a lot to do with playing mafia. I'll do a WoT when day 2 starts.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:50 pm

@Reverse Simplicity

What's a WoT? Also, what the heck can be gained by trying to lynch the mod?
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Sir_Scarfalot wrote:@Reverse Simplicity

What's a WoT? Also, what the heck can be gained by trying to lynch the mod?
Wall of text. I'm tired and quite a lot has been posted, I just want to make sure I am reading it all correctly.

Currently there seem to be a lot of buffs going out for things, some of which are unexplainable. Currently the master of the genie is unknown... and I suspect it to be either cloud kicker or the mod. Remember this is mindscrew and the mod is a possibility.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm

@ Sid - My ability was protective, I wanted to see if what we were reading were most probably day actions committed by another player or acts of Mod. As Cloud Kicker is apparently unlynchable anyways I decided I might as well use it on him instead of protecting somebody who might be scum.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:23 pm

@Darth: thats what i thought might've been your reasoning. but just cause we see player Day actions doesn't mean that we don't receive mod actions in the same way.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Sid, this is very important: Do you currently have the Town win condition?

Darth, can you say exactly what your ability did (and if it was one-shot)? Also, just curious - what was the flavour? Ginger hair ...
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2657

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm

I’m a neutral slave, i think this may have been done to make my master harder to pick or allow the lamp to be awarded/passed. so to answer your question, no i do not have a factional (town or otherwise) wincon. this doesn't mean that my master can't be in town, but i suppose the opposite is also possible.Ā 

just as a point of interest there's nothing in my role to say my master is directly protected from my vote. so if he does turn out to be "a tall dark and sinister ugly man" i have no qualms in pulling out the ol' "Jafar, Jafar, he's our man if he can't do it, GREAT!".
the reason being i wouldn't like to see a good man go to war and not win due to my forced protection. plus i don't know who "target" is either. I’m not likely to jump at the archer's target hint earlier in thread cause hints at that time were, to my knowledge focused on passive abilities and as such could mean targeting said person could be detrimental to one's existence. that doesn't mean i'm chucking that idea away completely though

on the topic of the hints, we've got:
RS: Harry Potter with his "I’m being punished for the truth" incident then later an MLP picture
jkinger93: (from what i loaded) a 2 second I’m watching single unblinking eye
horseloard: mlp fanart and mod reference
SO: archery target. in the same post he revealed all the role numbers were chosen in the signup thread (See: This Post )
Sir_Scarfalot: with the lotr ring (Note: Read the spoiler inĀ This Post if you haven't already)Ā 
Sid: Leppa Berry and a reference to Aladdin's Genie and the chess game with the flying carpetĀ 
hachi: Batman series
Do feel free to pull me up if i have missed any player submitted hints. or any hints for that matter Razz

from the flavour texts:Ā 

• a small fast yellow thing about 2 foot in height accompanied by lightning that tickles
  • a bunch of orange hair
  • storms withĀ more lightning (possibly mod based or building up to the monster?)
  • a blue glow caused upgrade.Ā 
  • and more lightning
  • and CK with two doses ofĀ lynch resistance, though both inferred to be pointless hits as CK posted about being safe without having to do anything.

once again feel free to point out anything my midnight fogged mind may have missed.

so from all this (and that’s just the tip of the iceberg), i'm inclined to ask Ā (nicely) that those who haven't participated in the hint share to please do so (sorry if i missed people)

as for a vote Vote:Cloud Kicker cause i think with a bit of pressure we may find how far those abilities go and just might cause CK to open up more. actually thinking on that it wouldn't really help if he truely is unlynchable but, what do my fellow players think pressure the "unlyncable" if so does anyone have more questions for CK? does anyone have more questions for Me?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm trusting you for now, Overlord. Still, not enough data, and two layers of vote protection is too powerful if true, so sorry CK

Vote: Cloud Kicker
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Sid is unaligned. Thats good enough for me.

Unvote
Vote: Sid_The_Kid
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:36 pm

really? i understand the not my faction mentality but to be notch one on your list cause i have to go at some stage? really? i will point out that as unaligned i'm neither town nor scum thus both need me gone to win, now on this means if town lynches me they waste a lynch cause scum have to kill me at some stage anyway and it leaves scums N1 attack (if available) free to attack town directly.
IF i survive N1 then what do you lose? i have no night ability and we gain extra info from D1 outcome. lynching me D1 just puts off the current situation and helps scum, for minimal town advantage since scum can focus more on town and town only gets confirmed data anyway.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Horselord Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 pm

If you're the kind of neutral role that's against everyone, I'm voting you too. In the hope that these aren't actually negative votes.

Unvote
Vote: Sid_The_Kid

Horselord

Scum Credits : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Kicker Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Actually the first ability used on me didn't help from my understanding and I have yet to see what new ability has beset me. . . .

In case anyone is wondering, I was the one who used my ability on Sir_Scarfalot.
Cloud Kicker
Cloud Kicker

Scum Credits : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 am

horselord, i doubt that i'm the only neutral, but as i have stated it's not my position that has me on both faction kill lists its the fact that the standard wincons of town vs mafia: town need to remove all non-town players, and mafia usually only need a 50%+ majority. but as a claimed neutral i've somehow given "everyone" a reason to hate me, when if i only knew who "master" is i could be a help to that side, as his protector. please reconsider, you loose much possibility with me being lynched. as it is i'm distracting (unintentionally) the town from their mafia search, but if you don't lynch me i'll be just another possible target for mafia at night which means i could possibly save a townie, if D2 comes round for me, then as long as Day 1 yields results i'm still on your list but then you'd have D1 and N1 information to help sniff out the scum (nope i can't use a lock of hair or a shoe to find anyone or investigate). worst case scenario involving me not as D1 lynch is a town mislynch. this would mean that mafia could by D2 be two kills in the right direction but if i find that i'm aligned to a town master then i become a very big asset, remember i'm a recharger and a protector. even as a neutral thats got to count for something right?

i have but one ability i can use right now.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:30 am

Alright, I'm going to try and be more useful now and be of some help to the experienced players who know what they're doing. First things first, Scarf. I use that avatar on another site and it confused the hell out of me for a second.

Ok, so Alex says that someone has the ability "Invisibility". Have we looked into how he knows this?
jkinger93
jkinger93

Scum Credits : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:32 am

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Alright, post a hint on your passives.

Me first. It's something like this.

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 8 I_must_not_tell_lies

Would you care to expand? Are you saying literally that you can't lie if asked a question? Or is it related to the situation it's from where Harry was forced to tell lies that he knew were the truth?
jkinger93
jkinger93

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 am

Horselord wrote:Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 8 Large
You either have some knowledge or workings with the mod that we don't, or can not speak about your role. I'm remembering that.
jkinger93
jkinger93

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:00 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:@Sir_Scarfalot: i said that i'm my master's personal lightning rod, kinda like a meat shield of sorts. if my master is targeted ( who ever he is, if i have one at this timeĀ Sad ) then the effect is redirected to me.

i obviously am not a full lightning rod since others have been targeted for a wide range of abilities.

as for the berry i posted earlier in the thread, it symbolizes my master's ability to recharge abilities after use "as if they were not used"

once again i emphasize i received no knowledge with my role pm of who my master is. i even was given a flavor text stating something along the lines of "where is your precious lamp now?".

So your master can recharge abilities? Is it possible that he can recharge abilities other than his own?
jkinger93
jkinger93

Back to top Go down

Post by jkinger93 Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:04 am

Cloud Kicker wrote:Actually the first ability used on me didn't help from my understanding and I have yet to see what new ability has beset me. . . .

In case anyone is wondering, I was the one who used my ability on Sir_Scarfalot.
So you're the one who upgraded him?
jkinger93
jkinger93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next