Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

+4
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
SolVI
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mindscrew Mafia 6.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Mindscrew Mafia 6.0

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Wed May 31, 2023 7:06 am

Sir Scarfalot, Member of Resplect

Oh, my favorite color is blue.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed May 31, 2023 7:11 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:Alex, do you have any reason to think Town might not mean something? I feel like I can say it means something to me, fairly solidly.

I have no specific reason one way or the other, I just treat such mundane concepts as questionable in a mindscrew. The eyes see what they expect to see, and I expect to be lied to, especially when something appears simple. I don't believe you can be solidly sure of anything on Day 1 of a mindscrew, except that it'll get more screwy before it gets less.

I don't read more into a faction claim than a favourite colour, if I take off the glasses, I see a connection to Colours from Souls. When players claim colours and factions with the same commitment, Orange and Town are true to me, but I can't be sure others see the same way I do.

Does your eye see Blue where mine sees Orange?

I have no reason to believe Electrix is "fellow" Town, especially when having role information is typically the domain of the Scum.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed May 31, 2023 8:06 am

Scarfalot, without directly quoting my win con, I will be victorious if all non-Town have been eliminated.  This does unfortunately mean I cannot tolerate neutrals, though from my interpretation I can't guarantee that all Town can't tolerate neutrals.  If anyone else would like to confirm or deny that their Town win con allows for neutrals to be left alive, I'd appreciate it - though I don't know that it would actually change my gameplay too much.

Alex Steiner wrote:I have no specific reason one way or the other, I just treat such mundane concepts as questionable in a mindscrew.
I find this answer reasonable; though I'm sure you understand why I had to question it.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2674

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed May 31, 2023 10:55 am

If everything I say is going to be a rule infraction on day one then I simply suggest we kill Day One.

Vote: Day One
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1792

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed May 31, 2023 11:06 am

Also my favourite colour is obviously tan.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed May 31, 2023 11:10 am

Also also I win with town, same as Overlord, when only town remains so I can confirm at least that. Other things I can confirm is that assuming you can confirm anything in mindscrew is for the stupid and the Mod takes 10% of our sanity per annum in taxes.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed May 31, 2023 12:35 pm

Unvote
Vote:Eggs

What a colourful group we all are,
Finally all spoken,
But the end is still so far
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed May 31, 2023 3:04 pm

Hey Sid, you said it was 5 to lynch 'presently' - is that still the case?

Vote: Dark Vessel
Nice avatar.  You haven't yet voted.  You've made a couple of statements alluding to 'peace'.  Personally, I believe that we should attempt to lynch somebody Day 1.  What are your thoughts on that?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed May 31, 2023 3:34 pm

Some great colour answers right there.

I can appreciate that me inquiring about something as pointless and weird as favourite colours is bizarre and arguably very suspicious, but it was purely just to get some conversation and discussion going, as before I went to bed, things were moving fairly slowly.

As to why I was hopeful Alex was an innocent, I don't have a particularly convincing answer, as to why I singled him our specifically, it was more just me being cordial and optimistic

I'm of the opinion that the roles are divided not with the classic "Townspeople" and "Mafia members", but rather with rival tribes, similarly to the ones in The 100.

DV is clearly named after a main character from that shoe, even speaking their language, and the moderator put "Resplectkru" a few posts ago. All signs pointing towards a The 100 theme.

That could of course also be where it ends though.

SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed May 31, 2023 5:56 pm

I personally wonder why you are so bloodthirsty, Supreme.
We have nothing to go on, and if my (admittedly weak) understanding of the game is correct, there should be more town than scum. Ergo, a completely random vote will probably hurt the town.
Why do you think we must resort to murder immediately?
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed May 31, 2023 5:56 pm

More town than scum statistically speaking, I should say.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed May 31, 2023 5:58 pm

That being said, I absolutely have a town wincon, which makes me town. Electrix's doubts that we have a townspeople/mafia duo with no further hint implies he is at the very least neutral...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed May 31, 2023 7:14 pm

Dark Vessel wrote:That being said, I absolutely have a town wincon, which makes me town. Electrix's doubts that we have a townspeople/mafia duo with no further hint implies he is at the very least neutral...

I don't know exactly where I suggest we don't have a town/mafia duo. I specifically said I wonder if the classic names have been replaced for tribe names from The 100. My hints behind that were the occasional themes being referenced by both you and the moderator

I was able to decode that vote message from the moderator. I am still eager to know what "Armistice 1 completed" truly refers to there.

I'm also against randomly lynching someone on day 1 as it just statistically isn't the best idea, but I suppose anyone would say that
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 pm

Themes being the 100, that is.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed May 31, 2023 9:40 pm

@Electrix have you never heard the old saying? "It is better to have lynched and lost than never to have lynched at all"
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed May 31, 2023 9:56 pm

If we take Overlord at face value and assume what he said is true about his win condition stating that you win when only town remain than with 7 players I believe he thinks that at least 2 scum and 1 - 2 neutral or other faction means a vote today whilst yes, statistically is most likely to negatively affect town, he is willing to take the gamble because those statistics might have a lot less wiggle room than you might think.
As such I support Overlord in his idea that we should try for a lynch day one. Though I know I have not actually voted seriously for anybody as of yet, I usually like to take things little slower than Overlord. I agree the man can be a little bloodthirsty at times.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed May 31, 2023 11:30 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:Hey Sid, you said it was 5 to lynch 'presently' - is that still the case?
~Looks to the sky~ by the light of the fiery lollipops, I can’t tell if it’s still Day, but surely such a big change would be announced by the Egg on high.

As it’s very likely still Day 1 till a modpost says otherwise, I believe I have already elaborated on where my information was found and to what scope it applies to. As quoted below:
Sid_The_Kid wrote:What is smoke, but just a screen.
Clear the gray and what do you see?
[‘spoiler=touch the gray]
What I see, is what I’ve told
For 1 to go, 5 must agree,
on Day 1 this is how it must be.[‘/spoiler]
Alex Steiner wrote:Counter question: What is your opinion on the afterlife? I see Seven "players", but only Five "souls".
Alex, have you also peered through the smoke/gray and that’s where you found this 5 souls tidbit?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 am

Electrix wrote:I'm of the opinion that the roles are divided not with the classic "Townspeople" and "Mafia members", but rather with rival tribes, similarly to the ones in The 100.
Electrix wrote:I don't know exactly where I suggest we don't have a town/mafia duo. I specifically said I wonder if the classic names have been replaced for tribe names from The 100. My hints behind that were the occasional themes being referenced by both you and the moderator
My win condition states 'Town' explicitly (as in, the name has not been replaced by anything else), and I believe I cannot win with you alive if yours does not.

Electrix, do you have the word 'Town' in your win condition?

Vote: Electrix

Dark Vessel, I like a Day 1 vote/lynch for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, I think vote pressure (with the lynch threat to give it teeth) is good for discussion.  I think we can do better than random; for example if this whole Electrix thing works out, I think that's better than a 1/7 roll of the dice.  I don't think Town should be too afraid of death - they can still win after death, so (if necessary), die for the cause and reveal information that helps hunt scum (and if there are more town than scum, a one-to-one trade is acceptable).  And maybe not in this game; but in a normal game I consider Day/lynch the weapon of the Town, and Night/kill the weapon of the Mafia.

Darth, I don't actually have any information that neutrals exist - I was just covering the possibility when explaining my win con.  If there are no neutrals, it just collapses back to Town/Mafia, in which case I still can't tolerate anyone else - but for good, wholesome factional reasons this time.

Thanks for clarifying, Sid - I wasn't sure if you'd claim things had changed after the armistice.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:33 am

Sir Scarfalot, Member of Resplect

Vote: Electrix Sorry, but my role is very clear that there’s town and non-town.
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:39 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:

Electrix, do you have the word 'Town' in your win condition?

Yes, it does. I'm sorry if I haven't made that clear. I haven't exactly said whether mine does or doesn't, but I can see why you would all be quick to view me as a neutral person. I should have declared it sooner. I'll understand if I'm the first one out based on all those factors. I've just tried to assert that there's clearly a The 100 theme going on here, and so I had a theory that the different roles would be named after tribes from the show.

If anybody has the impression I've been intentionally vague surrounding point blank yes or no questions, I again don't really see how. I've been at work all day and was asleep though most of the activity, so that is also why

Again, I'll understand if I'm the first one out based on everyone's suspicions, but I'm just at least attempting to justify why I'm in this position, and try to clear up any reasoning as to why I may have come across as at least neutral.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:44 am

OK I see now why people think I'm sus.

My theory surrounding the roles named after tribes from the 100 completely falls flat as everyone has a win condition that doesn't have any wording based upon that, mine included. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me that it would look very bad on me to say that.

I was more just trying to illustrate there was clearly a The 100 theme, but in so doing, it has made it appear as though I have ignored clear evidence that this is not the case, surrounding the roles and their win condition descriptions.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:48 am

It's a pretty poor justification, but I've literally never played this game before, so I didn't know exactly how the roles and their descriptions were supposed to be formatted, hence why I clung to this theory that, again, is contradicted by everything everyone else has said, and what I now realise.
R

Again the "I'm new guys!" card doesn't really have much validity, so I definitely understand the reasoning behind me being the first one out, if I end up being it, but I now at least understand why I have dug this hole. They weren't so much doubts with certainty, just more me reading too much into a theme that doesn't seem to apply to roles. Something that, again, I didn't realise.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:31 am

Time to jump on the bandwagon that I started, I suppose.
Vote: Electrix

Town and non town is clear in the menu - it is clear you aren't one of us. Sorry, and goodbye.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:18 am

Dark Vessel wrote:
Town and non town is clear in the menu - it is clear you aren't one of us. Sorry, and goodbye.

It is very clear, and I fucked up there. I can't blame any of you for wanting to vote for me. I take responsibility for that and accept any fate that comes my way. No hard feelings from me
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:27 am

Oh, and in case I truly am voted out by everyone, I'd rather not die with this knowledge:

I used one of my abilities, and I can confirm that DV is absolutely a towns-person.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next