Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia 2.0

+4
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
Reverse Simplicity
If I Could Rewind
8 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mafia 2.0 - Page 8 Empty Re: Mafia 2.0

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:17 am

Random event 3
Just as you start to walk away from your meeting place and ponder the current speculation in solitude a strange man walks up. It takes you a second but you then realise it's the homeless man that told reverse of his growing abilities everyone quickly rushes up to him as he begins to speak. And everyone is shocked as instead of a riddle or rhyme his words are plain to hear. "There has been much speculation over the first death in the town but the one thing you must consider most of all was who the dead were and what uses did they have". You all begin to speak at once saying what you know but the man shushes you to silence. "Consider that what was once known as common fact must now be guessed upon and that nothing is truly revealed by death". "And in this time of trouble everything you know you must doubt as untrue and everything you think is impossible you must consider".

PS: Have fun with this one.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:12 am

Plan A: This has a 68% chance of being bad for town and a 88% chance of being good for Mafia.
Eggs

Plan B This has a 50% chance of being bad for town and a 50& chance of being good for Mafia.
SO

thats 5/8 (Including myself) that I have checked.
2 town are dead. SO is possibly a neutral.

IICR was checked before I claimed, giving a more accurate reading. TOWN
Alex was checked after claim, Gave me a Scum reading. Alex claimed to be untrustworthy (The role).
Eggs Checked. Town reading.
SO Checked 50/50 reading.

Frog/Mikey dead.

TT only one not checked.

Thats my data. And some of my opinions.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:39 am

Okay, my thoughts:
No lynch? Well, if you must... In that case, I say open the box, as we really do need information in this game.
frog being town is reasonably unhelpful either way; he didn't even get on.
Mikey's death flavour has nothing to do with killing ... and from his posting it implied he was going to kill Tim. It is concievable that he changed his mind (we told him to enough times!), and that Rewind forgot to mention he was a vig (note: he actually didn't even say whether he was town or not)
Mod: can you please state formally what roles (including alignments) frog and Mikey were? (Check Mafia Mk II to see how it's done!)

Reverse, you mean you checked Darth first? Checking the mod is just silly.
I assume you meant lynching them is your plan? I'm a little worried about just straight trusting your numbers, but either you'll die soon enough, or you'll check everyone and we can kill you anyway, just to confirm. (I have read games in which the info roles are killed to confirm them; can't recall if it ever worked)
Given two plans a day, I would have been inclined to check opening the box. Also, with an extra tomorrow, maybe check lynching yourself (for possible death abilities you don't know about, etc.)

I'd say Eggs could be a tracker, but I'll leave that to him for the future. I'm not too happy to sit on Alex with that 'guilty' result/untrustworthy claim; I this this has merit:
Reverse wrote:I am also not convinced that Alex is not scum, having already investigated him and he passed it off so quickly that he may of thought he was safe.
As for my 50/50 result ... I could think of a couple of ways to explain it, all a bit iffy, but maybe taken together ... I won't worry about it unless it becomes a real issue.
Vote: Alex Steiner
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2678

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:11 am

well I was hoping people would catch on but in this game you get given the things to figure out what someone was but not told what they are until endgame.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:14 am

A better name for this game would be Mafia Riddle.

Ill have a look through the text.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:16 am

Please lock this for marathon day.

I'm not following it, and it'll detract from our already short games, and be bad for those players not here.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 am

If event 3 is a riddle its a good one. hmm I am not a tracker lord. i am a Jailkeeper (ten points to the person who guess who i targeted Razz). I also am the only one who can request for deadline extentions (yay for event powers). Do we want one? Also mod the box? majority has been reached (me,rs alex and now lord). the only thing it can take away from that event is ... oh never mind there may be a reward.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1249

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:57 am

1. The box won't be opened until the deadline (for a good reason )
2. the 3rd random event is mostly just advice there's no powers to gain from it
3. Is there anyone you know of who can replace Tim
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:59 am

Mikey was bullet proof only from himself?

Or is there another killer?
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 am

1. okay
2. okay
3. okay (I mean nope)

any friends who exist people?

(rs I believe he is unlikely to answer that [and if i may i believe the bulletproof was a false sense of security for MB just look at the rest of the game])
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:54 am

Eggs wrote:(rs I believe he is unlikely to answer that [and if i may i believe the bulletproof was a false sense of security for MB just look at the rest of the game])
Please always assume that my posts are directed at the players unless I specifically specify otherwise.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:56 am

I just wish to make the observation that Reverse Simplicity and Supreme Overlord were very quick to jump on Alex Steiner, (I can't help thinking that by their own observations that would seem scummy).
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:43 am

Mod: Votecount Please

As I've already said, I am an untrustworthy role with a town win condition. The untrustworthy exists to weaken Reverse's powerful role. I'd say useless 50/50 results are the same.

The interesting things are those where a person is bad for town by this much but good for mafia by another amount. This could mean 3rd party in there somewhere. Eggs is this, anyone else RS?

Also: make sure you notice it is bad for town and good for mafia that Reverse gets. Normally they should be the same, since mafia and town goals are almost exactly opposed.

What else have we got to look at while we wait on Reverse and the box?

Aha, Eggs' jailkeeper claim. I missed that. Speedclaim. Little provocation. Might help explain the differing Reverse figures, since jailkeeper is sometimes good sometimes bad, depending on who it's used on.

Thoughts?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:46 am

Alex Steiner wrote:Aha, Eggs' jailkeeper claim. I missed that. Speedclaim. Little provocation. Might help explain the differing Reverse figures, since jailkeeper is sometimes good sometimes bad, depending on who it's used on.

Thoughts?

I must be missing something how can a jailkeeper effect the outcome of your Death all I can do is stop you killing/beingkilled as far as deaths go.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 am

My Top Three Scum Bestest Buddies List.

1. The King of Eggs
2.Supreme Overlord
3. Alex Steiner
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 am

Eggs needs to reread the posts of Reverse and myself.

Mod/Reverse: Is 28% good for town the same as 72% bad for town?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 am

The King of Eggs wrote:i am a Jailkeeper (ten points to the person who guess who i targeted ). I also am the only one who can request for deadline extentions (yay for event powers).
Hmm, another claim. What would I do with 10 points? In seriousness, do we need a formalised massclaim?

Mod: Perhaps Mikey will replace, if he has no additional information?

Eggs wrote:and if i may i believe the bulletproof was a false sense of security for MB just look at the rest of the game
Could be. Even more reason why it was silly to claim, but I digress slightly.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Mikey was bullet proof only from himself?

Or is there another killer?
Who were you expecting to reply to this?

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I just wish to make the observation that Reverse Simplicity and Supreme Overlord were very quick to jump on Alex Steiner, (I can't help thinking that by their own observations that would seem scummy).
Well, he kind of has a guilty result on him. Miller claim is a little convinient.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 am

Didn't respond to the last three posts. Will do so tomorrow.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 am

1. Mikey cannot take Tim's role as he already has another role ????????? (try and figure this twist out).
Alex Steiner wrote:Mod/Reverse: Is 28% good for town the same as 72% bad for town?
yes alex they are the same.
3. We still need a replacement for Tim so if anyone dies and wants to come back in just ask.

Vote Count 2: Day 2
1 Alex Steiner
(L-2) {TKOE}
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:15 am

So, a compiled list of Reverse's results. Also, is it clear whether IICR takes into account personalities, suspicions, playstyle etc or limits the results to role abilities alone? That is a large factor if true.

ActionTown ResultMafia Result
Lynch Alex7220
Lynch Overlord5050
Lynch Eggs3288
Lynch Darth5100
All results are "good for" results. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern in the sums. Darth is 105, I am 92, Eggs is 120, Overlord exactly 100.

I think that's right. Table BBCode is messy.

I think an organised massclaim would complement this data nicely.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

I just had a thought. We don't know if we've killed any scum or how many there are, or if any future lynches will kill scum. Will we even know if we hit LyLo?

Also, for reference:
Mikey
frog
Overlord
Alex
Eggs
Reverse
Darth
Tim Tam

Mikey and frog are dead, leaving the six of us alive. By IICR's rules it's 3 to lynch.

8 players, 2/3 scum depending on the town (leaning two), with some scum role/s. We know that at least one of Mikey and frog are town (killed by mafia, who wouldn't kill themselves), I'm leaning Mikey-town, of the two. This doesn't give any info on frog's alignment :<

Hmmm...
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:54 am

Death Event 1:

As you all wander back into the square at the appointed time you slowly vote one by one and in the end the result is unanimous you decide to open the box. Everyone leans forward in both expectation and nervousness. As the cover is removed you all gasp in shock as a gun is revealed beneath but you can quickly see that Mikey obviously wasn't a killer the gun is loaded but hasn't been fired or cleaned recently. As you examine closer you find further proof that Mikey wasn't a killer, there is an inscription on the gun that reads "to my darling Mikey I hope you will never have to use this but if you do use it well in in good conscience". You all agree this isn't the type of thing a killer would have on his gun so you quickly surmise that while Mikey had the gun he never got to use it.

Now a more important question threatens who out of you will inherit Mikey's legacy and carry the gun in his honour. you decide you have until the 8th of October ( Thursday ) to make your decision.

PS: you can vote for no one picking up the gun but the majority will decide who picks it up. (have fun with this)
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 am

Well, so far I am the only one to have a claim that I have proven.

Vote: Reverse Simplicity to receive the gun
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Hmmm...

So, we have had 3 killing roles/abilities/factions. Mikey never did kill, and he wasn't protected by another role (although flavour is a little iffy on that, maybe he was but mafia can get through since they use needles).

Reverse, while I agree that your ability is genuine (it identified my untrustworthy passive ability), but there's nothing to say you aren't a mafia planer (to retain the spelling). Such a role has merits, it helps the mafia find power roles. Still...

Would an extra kill help us? We're not really using our existing kills too well. Perhaps if it was treated as a lynch, where the town votes on who to use it on, as well as who we string up, like normal. Then we get two lynches to use. But who to trust?

Eggs, how have you used your ability so far? Forgot to ask earlier. Who, When and Why?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:49 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:My Top Three Scum Bestest Buddies List.

1. The King of Eggs
2.Supreme Overlord
3. Alex Steiner
Hmm. Impressive.

Alex Steiner wrote:I think an organised massclaim would complement this data nicely.
That's one for massclaim. So far we already have Reverse and Eggs claims, and I'm considering Alex's a partial claim (he's left it ambiguous whether he has any other powers).

Alex Steiner wrote:8 players, 2/3 scum depending on the town (leaning two), with some scum role/s. We know that at least one of Mikey and frog are town (killed by mafia, who wouldn't kill themselves), I'm leaning Mikey-town, of the two. This doesn't give any info on frog's alignment :<
I'm working under the assumption that there are still two scum out there (yay paranioa). I think the death event indicates Mikey-town, and frog was also probably town. I guess the gun is Mikey's death ability; I wonder if frog will have a death ability also.

Reverse wrote:Well, so far I am the only one to have a claim that I have proven.
Like Alex said, this doesn't necessarily prove you town. If not for Rewind's comments on your power, I wouldn't put it past you to be just pulling numbers out of the air, since none of us would otherwise know what a 'planer' is.

I think we don't need an extra kill floating around. I'd rather lynch as usual, and get the info from that. I am willing to be swayed on this, however. I votre to leave the gun.

Alex Steiner wrote:Eggs, how have you used your ability so far? Forgot to ask earlier. Who, When and Why?
I'd say he targeted you, since he claimed you didn't kill frog or Mikey. Why is still open to question, however.

Please comment on whether you want a massclaim. I don't think we need it at this point (with the claims we have), but I'm not entirely against it. If you do want one, don't just spit out a claim; massclaims need to be organised.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next