Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

+8
Horselord
Cloud Kicker
Reverse Simplicity
Dark Vessel
Hachi
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
Sir_Scarfalot
12 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 6 Empty Re: Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:05 am

@Darth: are you suggesting that you have something worthy/possible for pickpocketing?
@hiachi: which one? theres been multiple sprinkled through the game so far.
@Cloud Kicker: This may help understand the terms. you mentioned earlier that the vote count didn't matter until you take action, this suggests a hammer-based ability or an end of phase ability.
@Sir_Scarfalot: something about CK gives him confidence to challenge our ability to lynch him, whether he trusts his "harder to lynch" status or perhaps he has some passive D1 lynch shield/ vote manipulator ( in which case the lightning and "harder to lynch" was a wasted shot)
@jkinger93: best guide is to play with what you know, you have a role pm, you have 7 pages involving some tests ( some not explicitly mentioned nor the results specifically mentioned ) you have your own abilities ( assuming you aren't like a Tree Stump ) and finally posting, unless things like role pm quotes are not allowed you have almost  unlimited rein on what you post.
@RS: indeed but what would paralysis mean? no voting? roleblocker? doesn't seem to limit posting
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 403

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4} - Page 6 Empty Re: Mindscrew 4 Revenge of the Mod {Day 4}

Post by Cloud Kicker Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:42 am

There was some confusion about how it works, but I've cleared that up now. The number of votes doesn't matter at all actually.
Cloud Kicker
Cloud Kicker

Scum Credits : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:40 am

Basically, I see no reason yet to kill anyone. We need information, and a random lynching won't necessarily help us out. As for the tickle, I really suspect that that was a failed attack, not a trick. Hachi, be careful....
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Scum Credits : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:50 am

@Sid - Not knowing what form that pickpocketing could take I'm not entirely sure, it may be a paralysis as well that means he is incapable of using actions which he wouldn't find out until he tried to use one.

Remember that myself and Sir Scarfalot (I think) have both received rewards me for being the first to post and Scarfalot's Half Century ( probably 50 posts but I haven't counted)

@Cloud Kicker - mind elaborating? In what way does the amount of votes not matter? Is this to your knowledge only applicable to you? Is this a result of the power surge?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:56 am

@Darth Skywalkerbacca

I counted, but my post was #51. But, the 50th was a mod post, so it is conceivable that it was awarded for 50th post anyway.

...This implies a reward awaits at post 100.

>counts furiously
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 am

....And apparently I'm wrong about the reward at #100, as it's been and gone. Skywalker should have had it, FYI. Not sure what that could mean... and that's kinda worrying Neutral
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:45 am

Cloud Kicker wrote:As I said, I don't have to do anything to be safe.
From this I infer that you do in fact have information - ie, you know what's going on. Are you saying it's a passive ability that activated on its own (perhaps when something triggered it)?

Yeah; the berry picture wasn't loading for me last night - I was surprised to see it there today. Pikachu was just a joke until I realised it actually made some sense.

FoSes have, in some Mind Screw games, had an effect. Once, they acted as half-votes. I think it's worth trying out since it doesn't really take any extra effort.

Day actions typically resolve instantly (or as soon as Eggs can), as opposed to nigh actions that all resolve at the same time at the end of night.

Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:41 am

@Sir_Scarfalot: as much as i admit a "random" D1 lynch is hardly advantageous theres almost 7 full pages of evidence that could possibly yield an educated guess. but hey if you wish to no lynch i ain't going to prevent it, heck i'll support it Vote: No Lynch
as for the 100 post reward i doubt in mindscrew the mod would follow a linear pattern, if a pattern at all.

@Cloud Kicker: so you have control over when a vote turns to lynch? or when Day ends?

@SO: as much as i'd like to think that Eggs is hiding the "true" vote count i doubt that FoS's count at all, its more likely that they are merely ignored afterall Eggs is "just lazy"
on the note of Mod activity Mod: Vote Count

secondary hint: i'm blue not yellow. and supposedly a rug plays better chess than me Razz

@Darth: but since those were advertised wouldn't the pickpocket target those ( kinda like mafia kill to a confirmed town or cop/doc)

Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 am

@Sid - Yes, don't get too caught up on my pickpocket idea just keep it in mind that something happened and we can't deny that, I'm just throwing out random ideas to generate conversation and speculation

Right now I think Cloud Kicker should explain his claims as much as possible and justify why he doesn't want to tell us more/ all or it.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 am

Unvote

Vote: Dark Vessel

Dark Vessel has yet to even post, in terms of the total information he is providing we would get more from him simply by lynching him than by leaving him to continue to not participate.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:26 pm

@darth: i'm merely speculating (just as you want) and thus showing shy such conclusion seems lacking.

I agree Unvote; Vote: Dark Vessel inactivity isn't good  and a lynch should help give us perspective on what possible scenario Eggs has put us in
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hachi Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:33 pm

At least this is better then nothing. Hopefully a lynch can give us some context so that we may find the mafia and harmful Neutrals.
Unvote
Vote: Dark Vessel
Hachi
Hachi

Scum Credits : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Preempting a modkill WOULD give us valuable information. And, it is quite possible that he was a Mafia after all...

Yeah, this is convincing.
Unvote
Vote:Dark Vessel

Sorry, bro; I hope you don't take this too harshly Smile
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Unvote
Vote: Sid

(Or should I say, the Genie from Aladdin - nice hint)

What's with this bandwagonning?
FoS Hachi and Scarfalot at that, but I only have the one vote.
I was originally going to vote Sid for saying we do have enough evidence to get a proper lynch, and then turning around and voting for a no lynch, but then those four quick votes are all kind of terrible.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:40 pm

And this isn't game-related, but can you (not Cloud Kicker) guys get avatars? Sometimes I'm too lazy to read the name,and you all look alike.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hachi Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:06 pm

There ya go.
Sorry I was being a bit lazy icon wise. ^^"
Hachi
Hachi

Scum Credits : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud Kicker Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Unvote: Hachi
Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca

@Skywalkerbacca: I have yet to learn anything about anyone else so I'm not going to say anything more about myself yet.

@Sid the Kid: I can do neither of those. q:
Cloud Kicker
Cloud Kicker

Scum Credits : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Later with the avatar, i'll find one fitting.
Also, unvote me for lynch! D: I just didn't know where to find the game XD
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:44 pm

As I have no data:
Vote: No Lynch
I'll be active from now on, promise! Favorited this page.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Unvote

well now that you've found it i suggest read up and post thoughts and opinions
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:15 am

*Shrug* no real comment yet.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir_Scarfalot Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:02 am

Unvote

Sorry about that; and yeah, I should have thought of that. I had the same problem myself :V

At least you weren't actually lynched!

Now, then...

@Supreme Overlord Did you actually *read* our reasoning behind the voting? Or are you just using the rapidity of our vote change to try and guilt us out of voting for Dark Vessel...?

I smell a Mafia, or at least a bond. Either way, I think a lynching might just be in order...
Vote: Supreme Overlord

Convince me otherwise. Really, I'm listening!
Sir_Scarfalot
Sir_Scarfalot

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:54 am

Sir_Scarfalot wrote:@Supreme Overlord Did you actually *read* our reasoning behind the voting? Or are you just using the rapidity of our vote change to try and guilt us out of voting for Dark Vessel...?
Alrighty.

Sid's post where he does a backflip right away rang alarm bells:
Sid_The_Kid wrote:@Sir_Scarfalot: as much as i admit a "random" D1 lynch is hardly advantageous theres almost 7 full pages of evidence that could possibly yield an educated guess. but hey if you wish to no lynch i ain't going to prevent it, heck i'll support it Vote: No Lynch
The first part of this I agree with - we've got plenty of evidence to make an educated guess (and likely, they're be plenty more before we actually lynch).  It's the "Hey, but I'm not going to do anything that draws attention to myself, or reveals my own opinion, or do anything at all to try to catch scum" that is the problem.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Dark Vessel has yet to even post, in terms of the total information he is providing we would get more from him simply by lynching him than by leaving him to continue to not participate.
This is fine; one vote on anybody is not a big deal, and this is essentially a pressure vote on an inactive.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:I agree Unvote; Vote: Dark Vessel inactivity isn't good  and a lynch should help give us perspective on what possible scenario Eggs has put us in
Going after an easy target, and following Darth's idea instead of coming up with anything of his own.  Also, what happened to the 'No Lynch' idea of only a post ago?

Hachi wrote:At least this is better then nothing. Hopefully a lynch can give us some context so that we may find the mafia and harmful Neutrals.
This is hardly better; but I only have one vote and at least there's no backflipping.

Sir_Scarfalot wrote:Preempting a modkill WOULD give us valuable information. And, it is quite possible that he was a Mafia after all...

Yeah, this is convincing.
Firstly, it would be a replacement, not a modkill.  Eggs already has Boot lined up.  And secondly, it is 'quite possible' that you, Scarfalot, are Mafia after all.  Not a terribly convincing argument (even if you are in fact Mafia, it's not a convincing argument, just one that happens to be correct).

Cloud Kicker: I don't have a problem with you keeping your abilities to yourself, as such - it just seems like you've made mysterious comments that are deliberately vague, and I'd prefer it if you cleared them up rather than allowing too much speculation and confusion to take place.

And Dark Vessel joins us.  I would sigh at the No Lynch vote here, but replacing in/catching up is probably not a good time to lay down a vote just for the sake of it.  I simply hope you decide to vote for a player when you are finished reading.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 am

@Dark Vessel - Understandable, I'm an old member of this forum so I guess I never considered that the url is hard to remember.

@Cloud Kicker - If that's your reasoning then I guess that is acceptable enough but why the vote for me? You gave no reasoning behind that.

@Overlord - Bit of an over reaction to their voting don't you think, we have all done such things in the past, and I knew they wouldn't be able to punch him without you Reverse or Alex who would have considered the idea before voting.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Overlord - Bit of an over reaction to their voting don't you think, we have all done such things in the past, and I knew they wouldn't be able to punch him without you Reverse or Alex who would have considered the idea before voting.
Please explain how my own vote with the reasoning I gave is more of an over reaction to 3 quick votes with minimal reasoning?
Also, by my count it's probably 6 to lynch, so only Cloud Kicker and jkinger were needed, not Reverse, Alex, or I.
But quick follow-the-leader votes are bad, and even if they're not actually a credible threat, they still need to be called out.  I don't know how you expect that to be done if not with a vote.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next