Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werewolf game thread

+8
Saul Goodman
Leakycauldron
IceIceBaby
Putin
Luxray
Princess Jasmine
Renesmee
FedoraNerd
12 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Werewolf game thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Werewolf game thread

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 19:48

Putin does not fear the werewolves because he too is a werewolf.

Vote: Luxray until further notice. He doesn't have a plan up, but at least he has not given me a reason to believe he is a werewolf.
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Scum Credits : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:50

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Putin does not fear the werewolves because he too is a werewolf.

Vote: Luxray until further notice. He doesn't have a plan up, but at least he has not given me a reason to believe he is a werewolf.
Is funny joke.
Putin is no wolf, a wolf would've happily taken the bane and laughed at your wasted resource.
Putin
Putin

Scum Credits : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 20:58

What are you to let you survive a bite?
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Thu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:30

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:What are you to let you survive a bite?
Is classified Comrade
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 8:01

You think tool claimers should only be allowed if they claim their ability? I don't know if that's a good idea.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Scum Credits : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by FedoraNerd Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 12:05

Renesmee wrote:You think tool claimers should only be allowed if they claim their ability? I don't know if that's a good idea.

Well, don't forget that more information in the open is generally good for the town. That said, just a general idea of exactly what kind of power the tool claimer has should be sufficient if they're comfortable with revealing that.

Eventually we will need a mass-claim, but really, that'd be something for the mayor to decide.
FedoraNerd
FedoraNerd

Scum Credits : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by IceIceBaby Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 12:45

I think we are placing too much importance on the idea of the role of mayor, remember we are just picking from random here, they could end up being either wolf or town and we won't know until they are dead.
I don't think the major needs wolfsbane, their role isn't something that is actually detrimental to the wolves. That being said I think we should concentrate on resources and not tool construction day 1. People with powers start off with a single use anyways so we won't need them until Day Two and then if we have a stockpile we can concentrate on tool making then.
IceIceBaby
IceIceBaby

Scum Credits : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 13:30

FedoraNerd wrote:
Renesmee wrote:You think tool claimers should only be allowed if they claim their ability? I don't know if that's a good idea.

Well, don't forget that more information in the open is generally good for the town. That said, just a general idea of exactly what kind of power the tool claimer has should be sufficient if they're comfortable with revealing that.

Eventually we will need a mass-claim, but really, that'd be something for the mayor to decide.

I understand where you're coming from here, I don't agree though.
Let's take, for example, a Doctor.
N1 our intrepid Doc takes a stab in the dark, trying to prevent a wolf attack, not an awful idea.
D2 our doc needs a tool, so he claims one, and by your logic he claims to be what is almost certainly our only protection role. This information is of no real use to the Town, we are unlikely to have a good target for them. The Wolves however, they gain a great deal from this intel.
N2 our doctor dies.

IceIceBaby wrote:I think we are placing too much importance on the idea of the role of mayor, remember we are just picking from random here, they could end up being either wolf or town and we won't know until they are dead.
While this is true, it's M1 and our only job right now is electing the mayor.

IceIceBaby wrote:their role [mayor] isn't something that is actually detrimental to the wolves.
I disagree
General Rules(Which should really be posted in the OP) wrote:In the event of a tie where there is no mayor, a vote will be taken again. In the event of a tie at sundown, a unit of wood is consumed, and a coin is flipped. Either both players are lynched; burnt in the flames, or the fire from one unit of wood is not enough, and both players resume their place in town.
Both of these options are good for wolves, It's unlikely that both of the lynchees are wolves, so it's either 1 or 2 dead Townies or a no lynch... Very good for wolves.
IceIceBaby wrote:That being said I think we should concentrate on resources and not tool construction day 1. People with powers start off with a single use anyways so we won't need them until Day Two and then if we have a stockpile we can concentrate on tool making then.
Claiming a tool is an action, so you can't both make and claim a tool. Considering that we can only make a certain number of tools, and that wolves will want to Claim them too, both to steal a tool and have a somewhat legit way of not taking a more valuable action. Having tools ready to go D2 is very valuable.

... Comrades
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 13:33

General rules now posted in the OP by the power of editting~~ (And here)

EDIT: warning to all people, I'll be away from the PC for a couple days. I'll be back about 12hrs before the end of Morning 1
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 23:05

Vote Putin
I am satisfied with your care, comrade.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 23:39

If no one claims powers I suggest double wood and all food. Either a) food has another use other than not killing us and we has enabled it or b) we never need to worry about food again
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 0:06

.. What?
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 11:39

Renesmee wrote:Vote Putin
I am satisfied with your care, comrade.
Is good choice, welcome to the fold comrade!
The Mouth of Sauron wrote:If no one claims powers I suggest double wood and all food. Either a) food has another use other than not killing us and we has enabled it or b) we never need to worry about food again
Renesmee wrote:.. What?
I think that Comrade The Mouth of Sauron is suggesting that if we have no claimed Town power roles then we should completely ignore making tools, and instead maximise Food output. In the hope that a food surplus has an extra effect?

... A very suspicious plan. I'm sure Comrade Mouth is just mistaken.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 11:53

Not suspicious. It's practical. Tools should be rationed so as not to have waste in the form of thriving wolves. Waste kills. Kill the lazy.
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 12:53

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Not suspicious. It's practical. Tools should be rationed so as not to have waste in the form of thriving wolves. Waste kills. Kill the lazy.
Rationing something requires that we have something, which your plan avoids.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by FedoraNerd Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 13:45

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Not suspicious. It's practical. Tools should be rationed so as not to have waste in the form of thriving wolves. Waste kills. Kill the lazy.

I'm not sure that you're understanding tools correctly; it's my interpretation that tools are only consumed for townsfolk abilities, I.E non-scum.
FedoraNerd
FedoraNerd

Scum Credits : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 14:17

I inferred that wolves can claim tools too to prevent townsfolk from using their abilities?
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 14:32

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:I inferred that wolves can claim tools too to prevent townsfolk from using their abilities?
This is correct.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 14:49

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:If no one claims powers I suggest double wood and all food.
How can you get double wood if you're getting all food?
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 15:15

Renesmee wrote:
The Mouth of Sauron wrote:If no one claims powers I suggest double wood and all food.
I believe he is suggesting we gather 2 wood and 6 food.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 19:47

Putin wrote:
Renesmee wrote:
I believe he is suggesting we gather 2 wood and 6 food.
Which is pretty dumb, UNLESS they want to claim that they have information in their role PM to say that excess food is useful. As the general rules say, food is only needed once per day, any more is waste. At least extra wolfsbane limits the werewolf options.

Putin: Can you give us a rundown of how you'll use the power that mayorship actually gives you: Breaking ties. Will you spend your vote differently to normal?

I'd like to hear more from the less active members of the town, though I understand that some people have IRL concerns this weekend. We'll have to make a point of being here on the last day before deadline (which is in 2 days, 16 hours as of this post).

I'm surprised no one has broached the subject of the lynching that we'll start voting on as soon as the mayor is elected. We'll need to off someone, of course.
Saul Goodman
Saul Goodman

Scum Credits : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 19:57

Saul Goodman wrote:Which is pretty dumb, UNLESS they want to claim that they have information in their role PM to say that excess food is useful. As the general rules say, food is only needed once per day, any more is waste.
Agreed, and I very much doubt such a random thing as excess food granting a would be at all likely. I'm willing to hear evidence to the contrary of course.
Saul Goodman wrote:Putin: Can you give us a rundown of how you'll use the power that mayorship actually gives you: Breaking ties. Will you spend your vote differently to normal?
Certainly! In the event of a tie I would give both players the option of presenting their case, much like if I was to be the deciding Hammer vote in an ordinary game, I do not believe that I will be using my normal vote in any abnormal manner. Do you see a reason that I should?
Saul Goodman wrote:I'm surprised no one has broached the subject of the lynching that we'll start voting on as soon as the mayor is elected. We'll need to off someone, of course.
I'm sure everyone is already formulating opinions of possible lynch candidates, I know I am, but there's very little reason to discuss them now, we'll have plenty of time over the next week, plus as you say many people are inactive.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Sat 23 Jan 2016 - 20:06

Inactive members have been prodded, but they've given their votes and let us know they exist; the expectation is more conversation as of D1.

Current vote count is as follows:

[3]Putin supported by: Fedoranerd, Putin, Renesmee
[3]Luxray supported by: Luxray, Princess Jasmine, Mouth of Sauron
[1]Renesmee supported by: Saul Goodman
[1]FedoraNerd supported by: IceIceBaby

Luxray currently leads the election. The deadline is available here, at which point the player with the most support will be the Mayor. In the event of a tie, the first player to have reached the leading number of votes is elected.

Last edited by Leakycauldron on Wed 27 Jan 2016 - 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Mon 25 Jan 2016 - 11:22

Saul, I suggest you vote Putin.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Tue 26 Jan 2016 - 2:48

I find the lack of activity lately to be somewhat alarming. Hopefully this doesn't become a habit. I likely won't be on again before the deadline, but I wish the Town luck, at this point Luxray will take the mayorship. Let's hope that is not something we later regret.

For the final time, am Putin, am Stronk, will be great mayor.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next