Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

+8
Brendothatsme
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Tim Tam
Walt the Alt
If I Could Rewind
Alex Steiner
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
12 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over) - Page 14 Empty Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 am

yes Overlord has info on town roles but already three people have flipped vanilla townie, I too am vanilla townie which means that it is most liekly that there were no special townie rolls in Gen 1, which means that Overlord new as much about the Gen 1 townies as his scumpanions did, the only extra knowledge he would have brought was who the other night kill was as such essentially nullifying his Mod knowledge. I hope this made my point clearer.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over) - Page 14 Empty Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 am

If I Could Rewind wrote:why was Jayden killed
the why is obvious, Jayden was either a risk to someone or detrimental to their win con
If I Could Rewind wrote:who didn't like him in day one.
thats good place to start
If I Could Rewind wrote:Was there a reason behind it
lets explore this a bit shall we?
Supreme Overlord wrote:The King of Eggs (5; LYNCH): Darth Skywalkerbacca, Walt the Alt, Jayden1222, Supreme Overlord, Brendothatsme
Supreme Overlord wrote:Each person who participates in a lynch gains 2T(n+1-p)/(n(n+1)) points, where T is the number of points the lynched player has, p is the player’s position on the wagon, and n is the number of votes on the lynching wagon.
Supreme Overlord wrote:Any player who successfully night-kills another player gets all the points they have left at the end of the night (allowing any other points-stealing actions to go first); this will allow night-killing players to gather points quickly, which also provides a motive to try to lynch them.
by this Jayden had 120 points
so whoever poisoned him gained all those points
although if it were points they were after why not kill the first or second on the lynch wagon?
unless Jayden was killed because wasn't of the same faction as the killer
or is possible that a townie got it wrong ?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:43 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:
If I Could Rewind wrote:why was Jayden killed
the why is obvious, Jayden was either a risk to someone or detrimental to their win con
If I Could Rewind wrote:who didn't like him in day one.
thats good place to start
If I Could Rewind wrote:Was there a reason behind it
lets explore this a bit shall we?
Supreme Overlord wrote:The King of Eggs (5; LYNCH): Darth Skywalkerbacca, Walt the Alt, Jayden1222, Supreme Overlord, Brendothatsme
Supreme Overlord wrote:Each person who participates in a lynch gains 2T(n+1-p)/(n(n+1)) points, where T is the number of points the lynched player has, p is the player’s position on the wagon, and n is the number of votes on the lynching wagon.
Supreme Overlord wrote:Any player who successfully night-kills another player gets all the points they have left at the end of the night (allowing any other points-stealing actions to go first); this will allow night-killing players to gather points quickly, which also provides a motive to try to lynch them.
by this Jayden had 120 points
so whoever poisoned him gained all those points
although if it were points they were after why not kill the first or second on the lynch wagon?
unless Jayden was killed because wasn't of the same faction as the killer
or is possible that a townie got it wrong ?

I cannot put into words how much I love you right now for finding this. ^^

I had completely forgotten about the killer gaining their victims points, in fact it might be possible that Brendo's win con also involved points, hence the hammering. *note: the same is also true of SO jumping on the wagon*.
However this also makes me think of something else, either the mafia most probably doesn't have a win con involving points (hence my death rather than Darth's or Walt's) or I was planning on targeting one of them on the next day.
Point's have been something I'd largely ignored in this game so far seeings as my win con doesn't require them, however that was obviously a mistake because other people's win cons do require points.
I'm still not going to change my vote right now, seeings as I can't do much that I would consider productive with it. However I would just like to say that Either there were originally no mafia in this game or either Darth or Alex is one.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 am

I'll just briefly point out that the Mafia win con is factional; that is, to get rid of the town and any other factions (ie Serial Killer, Cult etc) of their generation.

And well done, Sid!
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2681

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayden1222 Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Sorry who is gen 1 still and who isn't?

Also I'm unsure about darth.He has been very out spoken with pretty much every person. While this is good he has been unreadable. However after all this game he hasn't had much spotlight. We may have to much trust in his scumdar. Just a thought.

Jayden1222

Scum Credits : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Jayden1222 wrote:Sorry who is gen 1 still and who isn't?
@Jayden:Just found this ...
Supreme Overlord wrote:
If I Could Rewind wrote:also I can't really be bothered right now, but someone posting a list of all the Gen 1 people and all the Gen 2 people would be much appreciated Very Happy
I can't confirm what generation they are (they can claim if they want), but of the living players:
Spawned Day 1: Alex Steiner, Brendothatsme, Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord, Tim Tam, Walt the Alt
Spawned Night 1: Sid_The_Kid
Spawned Day 2: If I Could Rewind, Jayden1222, The King of Eggs

And Rewind, Jayden and Eggs all flipped Gen 1, so their new win cons are not Gen 1.
just a note the thread is our main source of information read it again and again once is never enough to pick up and understand everything
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Alex Steiner wrote:Sid, can you give your opinions of those players you haven't mentioned
@Alex: who? any particular thing you want me to focus on ?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Nope, the opposite. Everyone you aren't voting for, everyone you haven't mentioned since joining the game.

And if it wasn't obvious already, I am Generation 1.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 am

Alex Steiner wrote:
If I Could Rewind wrote:Unvote:
Vote: Rewind
Does this help your Day2 win condition, because it definitely hurts your Day 1 condition.
Could you elaborate on why you think it hurts his Day 1 win con?

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Maybe Rewind's Day 2 win con goes against his Day 1 win con so he has decided to pursue his Day 1 win con instead of his Day 2 win con? I'm still not entirely certain how this game works.
His Day 2 win con can't/doesn't directly oppose his Day 1 win con, but it is possible that actions harmful to one may benefit the other. He doesn't have to choose between the two.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:causing discord and havoc (I know several of you just had some weird compilation goat/dragon pop into your minds just then).
Draconequus. Absolutely.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:yes Overlord has info on town roles but already three people have flipped vanilla townie, I too am vanilla townie which means that it is most liekly that there were no special townie rolls in Gen 1
Eggs. Walt.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 am

Vote Count 9 of Day 2

If I Could Rewind (2; L-4): Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord (2; L-4): The King of Eggs, Jayden1222
Brendothatsme (3; L-3): Alex Steiner, Sid_The_Kid, Tim Tam
Alex Steiner (2; L-4): Brendothatsme, If I Could Rewind

Not Voting (1): Walt the Alt

With 10 votes in play, it’s 6 to lynch.
Deadline is 12 noon, Sunday 31st March.

Eggs is being prodded; this is his first prod for Day 2.
Tim and Walt become eligible for prodding this afternoon; Brendo tonight.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 am

Tim Tam ... i don't quite know what to make of your playing style you haven't been sparse to post but you haven't been too active in discussions, you post a line or maybe a paragraph ( excluding quotes)
I'd like to see more from you , maybe a nice long post giving your analysis of the players or the discussion/s at hand
Darth ... indeed you've been able to slip under the radar a bit today your motives are indeed highly suspect
Eggs ... besides spilling walts secrets you've basically said nothing today

Side Note:
The King of Eggs wrote:
Jayden1222 wrote:Also Sid the Kid could be scum seeing as he had the ability to kill in N1, same with walt.
You realise that almost everyone had the possibility of N1 kills. Myself being the only exception.
does this mean vanilla townies have abilities?
Supreme Overlord wrote:If I Could Rewind, Vanilla 1 Townie, Shot Night 1
Jayden1222, Vanilla 1 Townie, Poisoned Night 1
cause if they don't that leaves 7 suspects to the 2 kills and the undefined ability used on AS ( remembering Walt was the thief, and assuming he only was able to use one ability that brings it to 6 ) Alex, Brendo, Darth, myself, SO, Tim Tam
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 am

Tim is being prodded; his first prod for Day 2.

Vanilla Townies do not have innate abilities; however, they can gain abilities if another player has the power to grant them (for example; a mason recruiter giving them the ability to communicate privately in a quicktopic).
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendothatsme Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 am

What is everyone's thoughts on Sid the kid?
I am curious........

Also @overlord: can you explain something to me? As mod you can give yourself any role you want. So how do we know you aren't mafia ? Or something completely different that no one knows about? Like a mafia/serial killer.... This is bugging me cause if you are mafia you might just win cause your suspicious behaviour can be cover by u being the mod... Argggggggh
Brendothatsme
Brendothatsme

Scum Credits : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 am

Just saying that I'm pretty sure So confirmed that he wasn't mafia. I know that sounds sketch but mod voice doesn't lie even if his personal voice might.
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 am

If I Could Rewind wrote:Just saying that I'm pretty sure So confirmed that he wasn't mafia. I know that sounds sketch but mod voice doesn't lie even if his personal voice might.

SO&IICR Scum team. Thoughts?
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1250

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 pm

@Overlord: Egg's and Walt's abilities didn't really have any practical town use though did they or at least the uses were very limited (considering we still don't know what points do)?

Also just because Overlord said he was a non-aligned role doesn't mean you should believe him, I've said I'm townie but you don't care because that's not the way the game works you don't take what I say at face vale and assume truth.

@Eggs - Obviously Overlord and Rewind could not have been a Gen 1 scum team because Rewind flipped town.

Considering the amount of players we started off with, how many scum do you think Overlord would have started the game with? I'm guessing two as we started out with eight, three of which flipped town add Walt (who I assume is town aligned) that would leave four left one of which has some form of night kill action (may not be town aligned) and with two scum (assumption) and me being town that basically leaves every other Gen 1 player other than myself and Walt as either Mafia or non-aligned.
Then you must consider what happened when Brendo joined the game if my Two scum guess is correct (I once again assume that Overlord put the night kill player in from the start) that Brendo (in order to balance the game more) would be given a mafia role.
As for Sid it seems most likely to me that he would have been given a townie role (I'm thinking an action roll such as doctor or cop etc.) or to a much lesser chance he is non-aligned it would completely unbalance the game to make him mafia though.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:
@Eggs - Obviously Overlord and Rewind could not have been a Gen 1 scum team because Rewind flipped town.

It's called sarcasm...

I'm not really sure what I should be saying right now, my vote isn't changing and my reasons are known. *shrug*

There one was a man from Nantucket, who got his head caught in a bucket, it was quite stuck, but who gives a fuck, everyone vote Overlord.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1250

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tam Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Hey everybody, I've been quite bogged with assignments, etc. so I haven't had much time to write stuff.I assure you once the holidays start I'll write something long or meaningful for you all.

What about a Darth-Brendo mafia team, that's possible right?

And would everyone give your reasons for accusing me of scum - aside from the no-posting thing.
Tim Tam
Tim Tam

Scum Credits : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 am

Quick note: deadline is Sunday. Speak up if you want an extension.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 am

Vote:Deadline Extension

Tim Tam wrote:What about a Darth-Brendo mafia team, that's possible right?
Possible just like a Tim Tam-Jayden team ( just an example)
The King of Eggs wrote:There one was a man from Nantucket, who got his head caught in a bucket, it was quite stuck, but who gives a fuck, everyone vote Overlord.
Is this a gen 1 play?
wouldn't it be a good idea to lynch not only a non-town player but an actual night killer? ( thus likely saving a townie N2)
@TKoE: or do you believe SO is one of the killers? why?
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:28 am

edit: Possible just like a Tim Tam - AS team
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 am

Hey, Walt; vote! Make yourself heard!

Brendothatsme wrote:What is everyone's thoughts on Sid the kid?
I think Sid's doing some good analysis and is in general paying attention to the game.

Brendothatsme wrote:Also @overlord: can you explain something to me? As mod you can give yourself any role you want. So how do we know you aren't mafia ? Or something completely different that no one knows about? Like a mafia/serial killer.... This is bugging me cause if you are mafia you might just win cause your suspicious behaviour can be cover by u being the mod... Argggggggh
Short answer: you don't know I'm not mafia/serial killer/role that kills everybody if it survives for 3 days. If you think my play is conflicting with your win con, do something about it!

But seeing as I do have mod knowledge, I have to factor that in and have things in my role that limit my power - challenge equals fun, after all. So any abilities I have will be limited in some way, like I can only use them on people who voted for me, for example. My win condition can't be something that's over-easy for a mod either; like being town and needing to get rid of the mafia, since I already know who they are.

If my win con sets me up explicitly against another player (like a survivor-lyncher duo); expect my opponent to have significant knowledge and/or power to compensate. If I have a more neutral win con, it may be detrimental to some people, but they should be able to deal with me without resorting to extra special abilities.

So it's up to the players to decide if my win con/abilities sets me against them, and deal with it accordingly. Hopefully, this isn't too different to what they're doing with everybody else.

If I Could Rewind wrote:Just saying that I'm pretty sure So confirmed that he wasn't mafia. I know that sounds sketch but mod voice doesn't lie even if his personal voice might.
Did I say that? I said I wasn't town ... Either way, as above, I would make sure that the town has the power to deal with me if I was mafia (but then, voting can deal with mafia relatively easily ...).

The King of Eggs wrote:SO&IICR Scum team. Thoughts?
Dammit. It was the crazy distancing, wasn't it?

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Overlord: Egg's and Walt's abilities didn't really have any practical town use though did they or at least the uses were very limited (considering we still don't know what points do)?
It's at least an extra vote and supportive voice. Not overpowered, perhaps, but it's not vanilla.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Considering the amount of players we started off with, how many scum do you think Overlord would have started the game with? I'm guessing two as we started out with eight, three of which flipped town add Walt (who I assume is town aligned) that would leave four left one of which has some form of night kill action (may not be town aligned) and with two scum (assumption) and me being town that basically leaves every other Gen 1 player other than myself and Walt as either Mafia or non-aligned.
Then you must consider what happened when Brendo joined the game if my Two scum guess is correct (I once again assume that Overlord put the night kill player in from the start) that Brendo (in order to balance the game more) would be given a mafia role.
As for Sid it seems most likely to me that he would have been given a townie role (I'm thinking an action roll such as doctor or cop etc.) or to a much lesser chance he is non-aligned it would completely unbalance the game to make him mafia though.
This is interesting; but I can’t help but think that you don’t really believe what you’re saying. You’ve gone to the trouble of figuring out and posting that analysis, which seems reasonable, and yet you’re voting for Rewind. Do you think your behavioural whatever-it-is (I'm not trying to make light of it, I'm just not sure what it is) that made you choose Rewind will be more accurate than that mod-guessing analysis?

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Vote:Deadline Extension
So tempted to put that in the votecount as your vote, but I know what you mean.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:38 am

Vote Count 10 of Day 2

If I Could Rewind (2; L-4): Darth Skywalkerbacca, Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord (2; L-4): The King of Eggs, Jayden1222
Brendothatsme (3; L-3): Alex Steiner, Sid_The_Kid, Tim Tam
Alex Steiner (2; L-4): Brendothatsme, If I Could Rewind

Not Voting (1): Walt the Alt

With 10 votes in play, it’s 6 to lynch.
Deadline is 12 noon, Sunday 31st March.

Walt is being prodded; this is his first prod for Day 2.
Jayden becomes eligible for prodding tonight; Alex tomorrow morning.
Sid is in favour of a deadline extension.
As the situation currently stands, Brendo will be lynched at deadline.

Last edited by Supreme Overlord on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:22 am

Short post to stave off prod monster. I am on break from this time tomorrow, so expect more then.

My suspicions right now are Brendo/Tim Tam/Darth scum and Overlord/Walt neutral. Sid looks pretty clean to me, I think. This assumes everyone there is gen 1.

All Overlord's hinting scares me, making me perhaps more inclined to lynch him today rather than tomorrow. I'm not sure if him saying something specific means it's definitely *not* what he said, probably is or somewhere in between. Something he'd find fun and challenging for himself? I don't like it. I was hoping keeping him alive would give hints toward scum, but he's so terribly good at vagueness.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayden1222 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 am

Them feels with school tim tam. The annoying thing is that you can't trust any one. Any way I think that walt should speak up a bit more and brendo needs to speak up or he'll be lynched. It's funny how when he's not here we put him in the spotlight

I think that SO is won't be a joker because then he could just act scummy and win. He said he wants a challenge and that doesn't seem like the hardest role.He makes me nervous still though

Tim tam could be scum

I think brendo might be scum, but it could just be his personality. He has made some big plays which made him look scummy day one.

I look forward to hearing what tim tam thinks

Haven't been able to get a read on alex. I would imagine he and darth have played before. They seem to have a good idea of what to do.

Sid the kid seems not too suspicious so far. But we'll see.

Jayden1222

Scum Credits : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next