Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

+8
Brendothatsme
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Tim Tam
Walt the Alt
If I Could Rewind
Alex Steiner
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
12 posters

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over) - Page 29 Empty Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by The King of Eggs Sat May 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Fuck it

Vote: Darth
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1250

Back to top Go down

Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over) - Page 29 Empty Re: Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia (Game Over)

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat May 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Final Vote Count of Day 5

Walt the Alt (1; L-3): Darth Skywalkerbacca
The King of Eggs (2; L-2): Reverse Simplicity, Walt the Alt
Darth Skywalkerbacca (4; LYNCH): Jayden1222, Alex Steiner, Sid_The_Kid, The King of Eggs

Not Voting (0):

Darth Skywalkerbacca, Upgrading Serial Killer 3, Lynched Day 5
Sid_The_Kid, Town 3 Bribery Cop, Ascended Victoriously Day 5
Reverse Simplicity, Town 3 Points Manipulator, Ascended Victoriously Day 5
Jayden1222, Town 3 Council Devotee, Ascended Victoriously Day 5
Alex Steiner, Town 3 Points Blocker, Ascended Victoriously Day 5

The King of Eggs, Jesterbomb, Lost at Endgame
Walt the Alt, Puppet Hitman, Lost at Endgame

Congratulations to Supreme Overlord, The King of Eggs, Alex Steiner (twice!), Tim Tam, Sid_The_Kid, Reverse Simplicity and Jayden1222 for fulfilling their victory conditions and winning Revolving Door Afterlife Mafia!

Please enjoy the postgame chat. Roles, actions etc coming shortly (for real).

Last edited by Supreme Overlord on Sat May 04, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2681

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat May 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Fuck. My. Life.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1250

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat May 04, 2013 2:06 pm

HAHAHA

Eggs hammered hoping we would kill him tomorrow.

And I knew I felt a vibe... Didn't realize you were doing it intentionally. LOL
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat May 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:Please enjoy the postgame chat. Roles, actions etc coming shortly (for real).
BAM.

Darth Skywalkerbacca (Upgrading Serial Killer 3) Role PM:
Note: there's a typo in this role that I never caught; the Multivote increases the vote to be worth X+1 votes, not X.

Sid_The_Kid (Town 3 Bribery Cop) Role PM:
Reverse Simplicity (Town 3 Points Manipulator) Role PM:
Jayden1222 (Town 3 Council Devotee) Role PM:
Alex Steiner (Town 3 Points Blocker) Role PM:
The King of Eggs (Jesterbomb) Role PM:
Walt the Alt (Puppet Hitman) Role PM:

Council QTs, for those interested:
1 & 4 (Sid): http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/qmn88Kes9GCGJ
2 (Darth): http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/n2sVsEP6ZDvP
3 (Overlord & Eggs): http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/NNBMZNnFSBE

Last edited by Supreme Overlord on Sat May 04, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat May 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Actions, actions:
Night 1:
Night 2:
Night 3:
Night 4:

I won't list out points; ask me if you really want to know. Walt clearly got to 200 Day 3. The latest Walt needed 2 more Marked players to win, after lynching Jayden and killing Alex.

Last edited by Supreme Overlord on Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat May 04, 2013 2:38 pm

btw SO you got me and RS roles mixxed in the end game post

Mod Note: So I did. That's what I get for using 'Sid_The_Kid' for a template for everything.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat May 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Mod notes. These aren't in any kind of order, so wade through at your leisure. I am very interested in feedback on the game, so please speak up!

Overall, I think the respawning mechanic worked well for what it was meant to do: have a big, continually-running game. The main drawback that I could see was that both Days 3 and 5 ran slow because attention had been focussed mainly on the older generations, so that left little information when the never ones gained majorities. Other than that, I think the multiple generations/win cons worked out quite well.

I was somewhat surprised that people expected there to be a mafia team for Gen 3 with a claimed serial killer; I thought it was fairly obvious that too many kills destroyed Towns 1 and 2, so I pared it right back. They didn’t know there was a somewhat anti-town jester and Hitman, though. I was pretty happy that anyone who lost post-Day 5 (with the possible exception of Walt) brought it upon themselves - Darth for claiming SK, Eggs for not getting himself lynched (still lost to a hammer, which is poetic); and if Town had lost by not lynching an SK, well ...

Gen 1’s theme was vanilla (disregarding Walt and Mod), specifically so I could work from the basics with the respawns. I drastically underestimated how easily the town would get torn apart by two kills; I expected respawned Gen 2 to lend a much bigger hand there.

Gen 2 was when the Marked mechanic was introduced – it was essentially the Council (and the Hitman, the Council’s enemy). The Council never really got off the ground (when we had two members, I was forced to kill the other – although Eggs should have tried to get the Protect directed to himself). If I use the Council mechanic again, I’d either start it off full-fledged or have its powers based on total members, not current.

Gen 3 was points (Walt had it early just so someone was using it); my favourite role here was the Upgrading SK, although I like the Cop idea too. The other town roles were fairly weak since they only had the one enemy (although the Jester should have helped out the SK). I’d like to try a game based fully around the points mechanic sometime.

Activity fluctuated a lot. I need to rework my prodding rules – suggestions are welcome. I’m considering dynamic deadlines as well; high activity = later deadline. I’m torn between classifying activity as a mod or player problem – obviously it’s their own fault and the problem would be solved if the players posted more, but I have a vested interest in wanting them to post. To keep up interest throughout the (sometimes long) Days, I’m considering some kind of Rapid Action mechanic – probably not instantaneous with my limited access, but maybe resolving once every couple of days.

I think neutrals distracted the towns, particularly since enemies kept spawning. I don’t know if the benefits of having two extra players outweighed the downsides of having and alt and mod players. Ideally Walt would have had some agenda separate to the player’s, and acted more as an agent in his own right. I didn’t really want to put a jester (and particularly a bomb) into endgame, but hey; Eggs won fair and square. Opinions are welcome here.

I was disappointed in the lack of QT usage; I'm a big fan of the Mafia 'team' aspect, and allowed Daytalk to facilitate that. Although I suppose without many abilities for the Mafia/neighbours to coordinate, there wasn't so much to talk about.

I don’t think anyone in particular played outstandingly, although the Mafia 1 did well to keep under the radar until it was too late. There was some particularly bad choices made with post-Gen 1 kills – namely, doing them. No one ever seemed to cotton on that it might be a good idea to hold fire, what with poorly-aimed kills taking out friendly townies, and Mafia/SKs revealing their presence before the entire generation had spawned.

Checking the list of the dead (in the first post and helpfully reproduced here - I love this list):
Roll Call of the Lost:
Only one townie was lynched in the entire game. That's actually pretty good play from the towns as a whole - Town 1's loss can be chalked up to poor balance, and Town 2's to not-so-good choices by individual townies.

That's all I've got for now; I'm happy to answer any particular questions anybody has, and I may yet post specifics on how and why I used certain roles.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun May 05, 2013 7:17 am

ha ok I didn't see that coming
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29