Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werewolf game thread

+8
Saul Goodman
Leakycauldron
IceIceBaby
Putin
Luxray
Princess Jasmine
Renesmee
FedoraNerd
12 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Werewolf game thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Werewolf game thread

Post by Luxray Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:43 am

a possible ploy to get rid of a seeming immortal target to the wolves as long as hes cutting wood. Why wouldnt they try to get him lynched?
Luxray
Luxray

Scum Credits : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:53 am

As it stands, at the time of this post, the following will be added to the stockpiles:

3 Food Farmed: Luxray, Saul Goodman, IceIceBaby
3 Wood Cut: Mouth Of Sauron, Renesmee, Fedoranerd
1 Tool Created: Putin

1 jobless person: Princess Jasmine.

The mayor has not elected to burn two units of wood, so the stockpile will look like this at the end of the day:

2 Food
2 wood
1 tool

So far the lynch-votes are as follows:

Renesmee: Mouth
Mouth: Putin, Renesmee
No lynch: Fedora, Luxray

As it currently stands, Luxray would choose between Mouth and No Lynch

The deadline is available here. In the event of any tie, Luxray will make the decision

Last edited by Leakycauldron on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:58 am

That reminds me, Putin bolded something that was not a vote, this is your warning.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 am

Luxray wrote:Second vote and their reason is because they claimed a role. I dunno seems like you would need much more reasoning before throwing yourself into a vote like that

So do  you have an issue with my vote then?

Also, the issue isn't that MoS claim a role. It's what he claimed and how he claimed it.

Kill Immune players should almost never claim, they should be trying to bait out the kill, saving the town for one free night basically.

What they should absolutely never do is claim D1 for no reason and explain in perfect detail exactly how to get around their own ability. That is such a mind bogglingly anti-town thing to do that I don't believe any townie could ever think of doing it. So I'm forced to wonder if MoS is actually a wolf trying to explain their seeming lack of being NK'd early.

Additionally, it's super early D1, what 'much more reasoning' are you likely to get? We vote not only to cause a lynch, we vote to get reactions, and from those reactions we make theories about who we should be lynching. There's plenty of time to worry about an actual lynch candidate yet.
Putin
Putin

Scum Credits : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

I made a mistake in my previous count, please accept my apologies.

As it stands, at the time of this post, the following will be added to the stockpiles:

2 Food Farmed: Luxray, IceIceBaby
4 Wood Cut: Mouth Of Sauron, Renesmee, Fedoranerd, Saul Goodman
1 Tool Created: Putin

1 jobless person: Princess Jasmine.

The mayor has not elected to burn two units of wood, so the stockpile will look like this at the end of the day:

1 Food
3 wood
1 tool

So far the lynch-votes are as follows:

Renesmee: Mouth
Mouth: Putin, Renesmee
No lynch: Fedora, Luxray

As it currently stands, Luxray would choose between Mouth and No Lynch

The deadline is available here. In the event of any tie, Luxray will make the decision

Last edited by Leakycauldron on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

Leakycauldron wrote:That reminds me, Putin bolded something that was not a vote, this is your warning.

uhh, heck, I just did that again. Missed a page, also, it doesn't say anything about no bolding in the rules.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:37 am

Leakycauldron wrote:Votes for mayor;

Please remember to bold votes for mayor, lynches and jobs for clarity. Any other emphasis should be in italics or a non-black colour. Bold is reserved for mechanical situations.
Code:
[b] marks the start of a bolded sentence, [/b] marks the end.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:38 am

Well, shit... Sorry.
Also
@ Mayor, Burn those 2 bits of wood, we need intell every single night.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 am

Luxray, it looks like you need to explicitly say you want to burn two wood tonight.

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Lynch: Renesmee for supporting wolfsbane for the mayor.
When I first mentioned this, how come you weren't like 'Hey I can't die at night, I should be Mayor'?

Saul Goodman wrote:I definitely think a lynch is better than not, since without the information of the double wood roleflip we'll go into Day 2 knowing only what the wolves want us to. Yes it's likely we lynch a town person, but we can analyse who voted when and how for this person to glean some circumstantial role evidence on Day 2.
Yes.

Saul Goodman wrote:Do we believe Mouth's claim of Forester? What's his reasoning for revealing that (true or not)? I'm perplexed. If you are Town, then telling the werewolves your ability means they won't waste a kill on you (which would have been a great coup for the town). I suppose it could be a bluff to trick them into leaving your powerful role unmurdered, but I'm not seeing it.
Do 'we'? Do you?

Putin wrote:No-lynch at this point is just silly, though voting no lynch isn't terrible, it avoids the self vote and it's not like we can accidently no-lynch majority in this system.
True.

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:if they don't target me I can expend the power later to swing a vote in my favor.
Elaborate on this.  How does it work, mechanically? And for mod's sake think about what you're saying before you claim something that will only help werewolves.

In fact, that goes for everyone.  Don't claim anything unless you've considered 'will this help werewolves more than town?'

Mouth, given you are immune for tonight, what job do you intend to do Day 2?

Luxray wrote:Second vote and their reason is because they claimed a role. I dunno seems like you would need much more reasoning before throwing yourself into a vote like that
Nothing scary about second vote.  The reason is that they claimed a role in an anti-town manner.  I'll vote anti-town behaviour.  How much reasoning are you wanting to need?

Luxray wrote:a possible ploy to get rid of a seeming immortal target to the wolves as long as hes cutting wood. Why wouldnt they try to get him lynched?
True, wolves won't kill nightkill-immune (whether lying or not).  So if he's to be gotten rid of, we need to lynch him.

Putin wrote:
Luxray wrote:Additionally, it's super early D1, what 'much more reasoning' are you likely to get? We vote not only to cause a lynch, we vote to get reactions, and from those reactions we make theories about who we should be lynching. There's plenty of time to worry about an actual lynch candidate yet.
Also, a competing wagon would be really handy (even if it's on me).  I encourage voting.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Scum Credits : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 am

Final quote should be:
Putin wrote:Additionally, it's super early D1, what 'much more reasoning' are you likely to get? We vote not only to cause a lynch, we vote to get reactions, and from those reactions we make theories about who we should be lynching. There's plenty of time to worry about an actual lynch candidate yet.
Also, a competing wagon would be really handy (even if it's on me).  I encourage voting.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:49 am

The Mouth does not think it is particularly early on Day 1.

Maybe it was a mistake to claim my role as early as I did, if I get lynched for it, so be it. I'm being honest. I maintain my vote on Renesmee because she is too aggressive. I decided to truthfully give out the information to get the ball rolling. Why aren't you claiming your role?
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Scum Credits : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:50 am

Renesmee wrote:
Putin wrote:Additionally, it's super early D1, what 'much more reasoning' are you likely to get? We vote not only to cause a lynch, we vote to get reactions, and from those reactions we make theories about who we should be lynching. There's plenty of time to worry about an actual lynch candidate yet.
You heard her, BURN THE WITCH WEREWOLF

But no, this is good advise, by the time deadline rolls around we will probably have ended up wagoning everyone at least once. If you don't agree with the MoS Lynch (A completely fair assessment) then I urge you to suggest a lynch you do agree with.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Jasmine Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:53 am

After days of drinking, whoring, partying, some self-contemplation, then more whoring and booze, I decide to make tools for the village. I spend as little time as possible making the tools then I head back home and continue my ravenous gorging of the food I have stashed in my house after the days of abhorrent debauchery.

During my face stuffing I realise the formation of a rash downstairs.... damn those whores....
Princess Jasmine
Princess Jasmine

Scum Credits : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:58 am

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:The Mouth does not think it is particularly early on Day 1.

Maybe it was a mistake to claim my role as early as I did, if I get lynched for it, so be it. I'm being honest. I maintain my vote on Renesmee because she is too aggressive. I decided to truthfully give out the information to get the ball rolling. Why aren't you claiming your role?
True, it's not early; 2 days until deadline.
I'm not claiming my role because either it's a good role and wolves will get more out of the information than town, or it's the opposite of that and I want to draw attention away from the actual good roles (if all 'bad' roles claim, then obviously the good ones are hiding in the gaps).  Everyone claiming might be a good idea, but not until later when town is ideally in control of the game.

This is a good stockpile at the moment, IMO.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:59 am

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:The Mouth does not think it is particularly early on Day 1.
There's still 2 days left, and activity is picking up, plenty of time!

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Maybe it was a mistake to claim my role as early as I did, if I get lynched for it, so be it. I'm being honest.
Yes, yes it was. But it's ok, you've learn for next time that;

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Why aren't you claiming your role?
Massclaims D1 are a bloody terrible idea, last thing we need is for wolves to get juicy targeting info. Assume we are all VT till told otherwise, work from there.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 am

Renesmee wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Do we believe Mouth's claim of Forester? What's his reasoning for revealing that (true or not)? I'm perplexed. If you are Town, then telling the werewolves your ability means they won't waste a kill on you (which would have been a great coup for the town). I suppose it could be a bluff to trick them into leaving your powerful role unmurdered, but I'm not seeing it.
Do 'we'? Do you?
I went on to explore my thoughts on the matter, effectively answering my own question, while leaving it open for others to share their opinions. A poor choice or words, perhaps, but I think it's fair.

Princess Jasmine wrote:After days of drinking, whoring, partying, some self-contemplation, then more whoring and booze, I decide to make tools for the village. I spend as little time as possible making the tools then I head back home and continue my ravenous gorging of the food I have stashed in my house after the days of abhorrent debauchery.

During my face stuffing I realise the formation of a rash downstairs.... damn those whores....
Could you go to the trouble of giving your thoughts on the questions so far, like stockpile decisions, lynchings, strategy, and overall who you think is trustworthy, speaking as someone who didn't really participate in the first few pages. Give us your perspective. Also, pick a job ASAP. As an added incentive Vote: Princess Jasmine until you're adequately contributing to the town.

As for Mouth Of Sauron, I don't think anyone can say it wasn't a poor play to claim, but I am not convinced it's a specifically werewolfy play.

FedoraNerd, Luxray, IceIceBaby: If No Lynch were impossible, who would you be happiest lynching right now?

I agree D1 massclaims are a bad idea.
Saul Goodman
Saul Goodman

Scum Credits : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:46 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Also, pick a job ASAP.
I now realise that you chose a job after the votecount, so ignore this part of my request. The rest still applies.
Saul Goodman
Saul Goodman

Scum Credits : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am

The Mouth of Sauron wrote: Why aren't you claiming your role?

Claiming roles early is a big mistake as it paints targets early. If someone were to claim a powerful role and just so happen to be killed that night who does that benefit? Roles generally shouldn't claim unless they have evidence that can lead to a werewolf lynching

Also

burn 2 wood tonight
Luxray
Luxray

Scum Credits : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:12 am

The Mayor has added an extra wood ration to the fire to keep the town safe.

The lynched player will have their role revealed at sundown on Day 1.

Any player killed through the night will have their role revealed as Day 2 dawns.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:15 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I'm perplexed. If you are Town, then telling the werewolves your ability means they won't waste a kill on you (which would have been a great coup for the town). I suppose it could be a bluff to trick them into leaving your powerful role unmurdered, but I'm not seeing it.
This? I don't see you coming down on a particular side here. Do you believe the claim or not?
Renesmee
Renesmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Jasmine Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Could you go to the trouble of giving your thoughts on the questions so far, like stockpile decisions, lynchings, strategy, and overall who you think is trustworthy, speaking as someone who didn't really participate in the first few pages. Give us your perspective. Also, pick a job ASAP. As an added incentive Vote: Princess Jasmine until you're adequately contributing to the town.

For clarification:

JOB: MAKE TOOLS

I will try to make my decisions more obvious int he future. My apologies.

My thoughts are that more food would be the most beneficial for the early days. You can never have enough food in my opinion. *stuffs a turkey leg into mouth and noisily chews away*

BUT tools also play an important role for abilities so I think there should be at least two tools made.

Ooo my thoughts on peoples trustworthyness!

Putin: Such stronk! And any man who wears no shirt while horse riding can have my trust. Human all the way and a bit of a lookar.
Renesmee: WOLF! Dont touch that filthy thing. Look at her hair! Doesnt manage it, obviously she cannot be bothered keeping it under control if she changes every night. And sneaky, so sneaky with a  faint hint of doggy dankness wherever she goes. Dont trust this one.

*takes a slurpy gulp of wine, spilling some down shirt*

Luxray: Not sure about this one. Resembles a cat so more inclined to say no wolf. BUT it could be a trap! Ima watch this one closely. Maybe a little too close Razz.
Saul: This guy is just a hard arse. Trying to find fault in others for not being extroverted and for sitting back and looking at the situation. I think this is a great strategy to get people to focus on others. Definitely a wolf. Stake and burn.
IceIce: Not sure here. Seems to be think of Saul as a hero so probably more than likely a wolf. Should burn to be safe.
Fedora: All I can imagine here is a lizard wearing a hat. Not sure what im smoking atm... O_O
MOS: Definitely a wolf. Look at that mouth! Such nastniness. Earth to MoS havnt you heard of a toothbrush?

Now with my pointless superficial judgments out of the way. I think the only people who listing our roles would help would be the creatures of the night. So I do not think it should be a requirement to disclose your role to everyone. I believe that trusting peoples usage is less detrimental than letting the filthy dogs know for sure. At least for the moment.

With that I havnt really thought any person has done anything noteworthy to warrant a lynching. But because you thought it would be fun to lynch me I shall return the favour.

VOTE FOR LYNCH: SAUL
Princess Jasmine
Princess Jasmine

Scum Credits : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by IceIceBaby Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:31 am

I'm just going to say this, if I was a wolf I wouldn't believe a word that The Mouth of Sauron said in his claim. I would be more inclined to believe that he is attempting to root out wolves by trying to get them to vote for him thinking they can't kill him with a night kill.
Or that his power relies on being targeted by wolves of a night, hence why he added a vulnerability modifier, on a night after which he would forced to claim a tool instead of chopping wood.
Either that or yes he is using a fairly simple ploy to avoid night kills or using this as an explanation as to why he hasn't been night killed, implying night alignment.
Either way, the reasons for claiming this seem to me to be more skewed still towards possible town motives so I don't intend to vote for The Mouth of Sauron.
Instead I'm going to throw in a Vote: Renesmee.
Either yourself or Putin would have worked but voting for you is the only action that will get results if nobody else decides to weigh-in. Quite frankly I think you guys are being a little too aggressive in your push of The Mouth of Sauron and possibly not considering every possibilty. It's not a vote because I want to vote for you it's just a vote to even things out. Sorry.
IceIceBaby
IceIceBaby

Scum Credits : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 pm

[quote="Luxray"]
The Mouth of Sauron wrote: burn 2 wood tonight
Who's a good Mayor? You are, you are!
IceIceBaby wrote:I'm just going to say this, if I was a wolf I wouldn't believe a word that The Mouth of Sauron said in his claim. I would be more inclined to believe that he is attempting to root out wolves by trying to get them to vote for him thinking they can't kill him with a night kill.
Or that his power relies on being targeted by wolves of a night, hence why he added a vulnerability modifier, on a night after which he would forced to claim a tool instead of chopping wood.
Either that or yes he is using a fairly simple ploy to avoid night kills or using this as an explanation as to why he hasn't been night killed, implying night alignment.
Either way, the reasons for claiming this seem to me to be more skewed still towards possible town motives so I don't intend to vote for The Mouth of Sauron.
Instead I'm going to throw in a Vote: Renesmee.
Either yourself or Putin would have worked but voting for you is the only action that will get results if nobody else decides to weigh-in. Quite frankly I think you guys are being a little too aggressive in your push of The Mouth of Sauron and possibly not considering every possibilty. It's not a vote because I want to vote for you it's just a vote to even things out. Sorry.
I can... Sorta see the logic here? But why would MoS's claimed role make him a priority Wolf Lynch target? He's no threat to the wolves. They can just... Not kill him till end game.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Damnit!
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by FedoraNerd Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:31 pm

I tend to agree with Putin's logic, out of all the WIFOM his arguments have a sound mechanical and statistical basis.

That said, he claimed NK-immunity himself, which is a bit hypocritical; though at least he hasn't gone so far as to elaborate on the ins and outs of his role plus his vulnerabilities.

Having played Jester a few times, I almost suspect Mouth of being a competent jester... But he's defended himself without resorting to obvious fallacies. I'm not sure I agree with his strategy though; immunities can be used actively to support the town and revealing that you're NK-immune just shifts the nightkill to a more actively pro-town power role. (Or the power role is lying so the nightkill doesn't fall on them, but WIFOM)

As for resource allocation, we need no more than one food per day. But we need two wood per night to maintain optimal information, and mod only knows how many tools we need. This is actually a point in Mouth's favor since now he must gather wood every day, which hurts the wolves more than if he'd said 'I'm a farmer and can avoid nightkill if I gather food'.

I'm hesitant to change my actual vote today (IRL today), there's more discussion to be made
FedoraNerd
FedoraNerd

Scum Credits : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next