Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

+4
Reverse Simplicity
Tim Tam
Alex Steiner
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Is this game any good? Damn Alex and his self esteem lowering posts

Mind Screw Meadow Game Over - Page 7 Vote_l1033%Mind Screw Meadow Game Over - Page 7 Vote_r10 33% 
[ 2 ]
Mind Screw Meadow Game Over - Page 7 Vote_l1033%Mind Screw Meadow Game Over - Page 7 Vote_r10 33% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Mind Screw Meadow Game Over - Page 7 Empty Re: Mind Screw Meadow Game Over

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:59 am

That's the point, I don't trust them. I was asking you what you thought since you'd just pointed out the truth thing. It was sort-of sarcastic.

If I could control how today went, I'd have some proper discussion about proper scumminess and get to a proper lynch of a proper mafioso.

But this is mind screw (run by Eggs, don't forget).
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Alex Steiner wrote:That's the point, I don't trust them. I was asking you what you thought since you'd just pointed out the truth thing. It was sort-of sarcastic.

If I could control how today went, I'd have some proper discussion about proper scumminess and get to a proper lynch of a proper mafioso.

But this is mind screw (run by Eggs, don't forget).
I know eggs fairly well, and this is right up his ally.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 am

my cousins are as likely to keep their word as a fish is to fly. They lie to you. Olive says one is truthful. But not that it would always be thesame one. Ignore the trio. Not to say that I am any better. But they don't want your town to win. I do.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:15 am

Due to role effects. The persona that embodies maroon has been mod killed.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:25 am

I voted all three, since they're all true. Shouldn't have enabled multivote (or limited it to two votes each).

Maroon is dead...but by the scum, the town, or his "cousins"?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:04 am

Looking for a replacement for Tim Tam. Mikey b0y declined. If anyone knows anyone etc. Please get them in here. I don't want to mod kill in a seven player game. Thank you.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by the frog man Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:59 am

Eggs would o be able to replace ????
the frog man
the frog man

Scum Credits : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:13 am

the frog man Autoloses D2
the frog man replaces Tim Tam effective 5 seconds ago.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:32 am

OK, I think we have some conflict of interest here, but it's mindscrew I suppose.

So, Tim Tam, what do you think? (by this he means Frog) {TKOE} see its okay when i do it!
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 am

OK I did say that I thougt Reverse Simplicity and If I Could Rewind would be (Most likely) to be scum in my opinion. I am no where near as sure as I was in the other games. I still haven't heard anything from Tim Tam/the frog man.
Don't use what I said as an incentive to lynch.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:44 am

Disclaimer: my pre-typed post didn't make it to school today, so I'll get a more detailed analysis tomorrow.

Scum
Reverse
Darth
frog/Tim
Alex
Rewind
Town

I think the way Reverse handled the frog saga was indicative of scum; he didn't seem to recognise the 'frog is scum' bit from the role PMs (and it would be illogical for scum to be told a townie is in fact scum).
Reverse, what was your 'gift'? When you were told that frog is 90% Keys to the Kingdom, was that in <> and italics, or in bold italics? (see Rewind's PM)
FoS: Reverse

Darth is apparently 'restricted', very convienient for someone who has that posting style anyway; I smell guidance by a scumpartner.
Also, after naming Alex and frog town (easy for a scum to do), he's running out of people to name as scum, so he implicates his partner (and gains the townie points if Reverse is lynched).

frog/Tim is an unknown ...

Alex did not hammer frog when he easily had the opportunity and inclination to (deadline!)

Rewind's PM just doesn't look like a scum role. Rewind, what info did you get Night 0? Did you manage to ask a question Night 1? If not, see if you can submit one late.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2687

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:28 am

one time allowence made for If I Could Rewind, i will accept night actions, every one else can still submit night action too then. My ruling is final upon IICR's PM
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:11 am

My ability is VIBE: with 90% accuracy I will be told a persons role and allignment.

I was told he was arthur something, so I unvoted when orange told me this. How is it scummy if I was the only one saying that frog should probably not be lynched... I gave up when everyone else had recieved PMs saying he was scum.

Either I am missing a whole lot of whats going on... or you are making things up. Right from the beginning I have said one thing but been told it meant something else...

If only we could self hammer... D:

This is Reverse Simplicity If I am allowed I request to be modkilled
This game is pissing me off... the MOD trio make more sense then some of the players
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:12 am

Might be too late but I change my mind...

Btw the MOD trio said we can't vote for them...

Nothing is stopping us from voting for The King of Eggs himself Twisted Evil

UNVOTE -> VOTE: The King of Eggs!
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:39 am

I would prefer, Reverse, that you actually respond to a sace against you. Play to your win condition (even if it is different to mine). Don't give up!

Some notes on overnight:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:My ability is VIBE: with 90% accuracy I will be told a persons role and allignment.
This doesn't match with:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:I was told he was arthur something
You claim you're told role and alignment, but you've only claimed frog's role name.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:If only we could self hammer...
You probably can, but as a strong role you are definitely not playing to your win condition if you do so.

OK, to elaborate on my case:

Obviously, Orange has claimed Reverse is scum, Olive claimed that either Indigo or Orange was truthful, and Orange was correct on the frog man. While possibly not entirely conclusive, it means that Reverse is a good place to start looking. Either way, I am sure that Reverse is a strong power role, plus he has that gift from Eggs.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:i knew olive was lying. one does not speak only the truth. nor does one
speak only lies.
Where do you pull this from? If we only look at player/role related posts (which Eggs (mod) has claimed the restriction applies to solely), Indigo lied and Orange told the truth. Note that today Indigo has disappeared, after being exposed as a liar.
What tipped you off about Olive yesterday (which is what I assume you mean by 'knew')?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I am not scum, a part of my ability is to be able to protect someone from lynch during the day...
I assume you've used this ability on me both nights? Any particular reasons?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:No night kill? I wonder if this is eggs' doing or maybe there are no scum and we are really killing ourselves off one by one.
I'd say it was Eggs' doing in that the night was only about an hour and a half. The bulletproof and semi-bulletproof abilities of frog and Rewind seem to indicate nightkills (although that statement borders on mod-speculation).

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Why are you trusting the MOD trio at all?
The trio have not yet internally contradicted themselves. Like I said at the start of today, getting you killed will get us one step closer to confirming them one way or another.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Putting this out there, although orange says I am scum. I am most definitely not. The MOD trio are messing with us...
Well, of course you'd say that. The ability you claimed is not indicative of alignment.

Now, let's have a look at the bit of info about frog in the role PMs:
Supreme Overlord wrote:The reason I've been going so hard after the frog man is because I received a
message in my role PM essentially saying he is scum. Did anyone else receive this
message (or alternatively, one saying he's town)?
Reverse Simplicity wrote:I got a PM saying that he was arthur something, (what the orange one said) I was also told this is 10% chance of being incorrect.
Alex Steiner wrote:I have a "disembodied voice" in my role telling me that frog's definitely scum...
Rewind's Role PM wrote:Oh wait what that!

Hmmm that frogs bloke looks a bit suspicious don’t you think? Says a voice
What whose there?! You yell.
Never mind that. I’m trying to tell you that the frog man is a dirty scum ball the voice explains
What? Really? You ask amazed? Wait why should I trust a disembodied voice?
Heh heh heh, I guess you’ll just have to! The voice fades
This is the message I got. As I said earlier, it wouldn't make sense for a member of the Mafia to be told that frog, a player who was in fact town, was scum. It would make sense to be told something of minor importance (and possibly incorrect) about a player's role name.

Just a note:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:I'm going to save my Random Vote for another time.
Any particular reason?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Any idea why you, SO, have been chosen to be unlynchable today?
What was the purpose of this? Apparently you know why, if it was you. What were you expecting to get out of this?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:At no point have I said that I don't think tfm is scum, I just find it strange that our mod is pushing so hard for his lynch.
Reverse Simplicity wrote:Well, as I pointed out before I do think tfm is scum, although I'm worried about the repocussions from a lynch this quickly I'm going to add my vote to the pool.
These posts were ten minutes apart, with nothing in between. Plus, you'd just said:
Reverse Simplicity wrote:Already not liking the lack of investigation in this kind of game.
Why not bother doing any extra investigation yourself before voting?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:UNVOTE: the frog man UnFoS: the frog man
I have my reasons....
What were they? The role info?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Ignore the filthy mod for a moment, take a look at peoples reactions to whats going on. We need information on the players rather than it all being about the mod.
Did you notice anything worthwhile?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Just like how I keep getting told I do not think the frog man is scum... when I continually say otherwise.
And yet you unvoted. Keeping your options open much?

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Vote: the frog man

it's either he is scum, so it is reasonable for me to want him dead.
Or
bad play style... and therefore the vote is to prevent him from having a NK ability.

90% sure on the first reason. the second is for the 10% cushion.
When I'd just said:
Supreme Overlord wrote:I’m also not entirely content with frog having sole access to a kill, but I’m sure he could be guided if it came to that.
If he was indeed scum, you don't need to tell us it's reasonable to want him dead.
As for the night kill ability, I'd just mentioned a way we could turn it to our advantage. You were the fourth vote, presumably the hammer. Way to get rid of your biggest threat.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:We need another vote for tfm asap.
So the way I can interpret your behaviour on Day 1:
A 'random' wagon is starting, so you want to stay off it for as long as possible.
People are noting your uninvolvement, so you pay some lip service without actually joining.
The target claims a power role (which you know has a strong likelihood of being true), so you jump on the wagon.
The target claims more power, so a lynch looks less likely, and you jump off again, later claiming role info (yet with a chance of being incorrect, how convenient).
Lynch is still full steam ahead and deadline looms, so jump back on and encourage a hammer. Down goes probably your biggest threat.

Darth, I think I covered most of what I was thinking, albiet briefly. Basicly, I think Darth's partner told him to claim a restriction that would allow him to refrain from explaining anything. Also, when naming townies, he could be truthful (easy for scum), and when claiming scumpicks, he claimed a townie and his scumpartner. This is doubly effective in that Darth can claim townie points if Reverse is killed and flips Mafia, but Reverse is more likely to be killed as he is a strong power role, ready to be targeted by the colours.

Tim got over his head, I think. Not indicative of alignment. frog seems to give off scummy vibes, so tread carefully.

Alex was briefly on top of my town list before I remembered Rewind's role PM. The main point in his favour (apart from general 'it's protown not to lynch too quickly' which really can go either way) was his lack of hammer as deadline approached:
Alex Steiner wrote:So, Friday deadlines (so says Rewind's PM).
That's today.
:\
The only viable wagon is frog's.
Faced with such a strong power role, I'm 99% sure scum would have hammered and blamed deadline. Whatever the consequences, the fact was that frog would be unstoppable at endgame and there was the chance that he could have talked his way out of lynching after his kill that night. Scum needed him dead, and Alex didn't make that happen.
The only thing is, Alex, please take more of a stand. You don't need to keep saying how confused you are. It's a mind screw, we know.

If I Could Rewind wrote:Vote RS
FOR LIKEING THE MOD Mod mOd and moD
What was this about?
I do seem to get town vibes from Rewind most of the time. Added to his role PM, especially the bit about hammering scum, I think Rewind is most likely town.
Rewind, I recommend that whenever you think someone is scum, vote them, then unvote if it was not the hammer, and then vote again after they receive another vote. This increases your chances of hammering scum, and therefore surviving another night. Also FoS (and unFoS), as that seemed to be the cause of the hammer yesterday.

On general game state:
With Maroon, I get the feeling that Eggs might be panicking that he's killing off the best roles in his own game. Post-game, I really hope you have some good reasoning, Eggs. I think I'll be trusting Orange until sometime around the lynch.

Alex Steiner wrote:I think the lynched happened once we had 4 votes + 2 FoSes, and perhaps 1 FoS is
half a vote. We know he likes primes for the lynch, so that would make 5 (the
lowest prime majority). It's probably 5 again today.
This was one of my first thoughts My other idea was a majority of votes was needed, plus a prime number of FoSes. This loses some of its credibility when I remember that Eggs thought 1 was a prime number. Regardless, if you want someone lynched, I recommend voting and FoSing.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:59 am

My role PM gave me the ability of Vibe. Vibe is that the mod sends me a name of a person and their role. This has a 10% chance of being incorrect.

What confused me is also in my role PM was the same message you have quoted there. so this contradicted itself right away.

This was me, my gift from the mod, but I chose to waver this ability as I had little control over it, only who I wanted it to go after. unsure of who is scum, I found that it would probably cause more harm then good.

So I was confused about that. Orange said he was arthur so I unvoted and unFoSed. Then Everyone said they had in their PM that frog was scum... and with the 10% chance to be incorrect I decided to believe what everyone was told.

Saving ym random vote? Because I didn't feel like using it... I never ended up using it anyway.

I wanted you to look into depth about the reason why you might have been protected, of course I knew the reason... but I wanted people to talk about it. So then I would have a reason to claim.

I used it on you the second time because you are an asset to the town. and there was a chance you may be the next strong role to be aimed at by the mods.

How did I know olive was wrong? there where too many open statements and the ability to fill in the gaps was to easy for us. Olive said one lies and one tells the truth, but didnt specify anything.

Vote for me or The King of Eggs.

I was on the fence about tfm, confused from the beginning about my own role pm and ability. this made this game confusing and its why I want out. Yes this IS mindscrew but I've never been messed with like this and its starting to really frustrate me.

Who knows you may get rules back if Eggs is lynched.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:52 am

Vote:TKOE
I like being defiant also if this MOD is so egotistical it makes sense that he is scum.

Last edited by If I Could Rewind on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bolding)
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:24 am

ok. reverse you really wanted to get mod killed.

Reverse Simplicity: MODKILLED D2

For Breaking rule #

Modkill means that no role abilities are being activated. as RS was general Mao, the ruleset will not be posted.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:27 am

Welcome Reverse Simplicity, you are The King of Eggs, from real life. Survivalist Win Condition

What the mods a role {shocked} well actually if you had read the mind screw games as I asked this should be an obvious choice. That’s right you are me. With all my abilities as a player.

Active ability:

Persuasion – each Night, (Including Night zero), you may send me a player name and that player will be immune to votes for the duration of the next Day. You cannot send your own name.

Vibes: with a 90% accuracy I will send you a player name and a player role name each Day. You may distribute this in any form you like.

Passive abilities:

Good luck. – You have a 20% chance to dodge Night Actions.

Mod target – as this is a mind screw game I recommend you avoid lynching the mod. You never know who will die instead of him. Oh wait yes you do. YOU.

General Mao – you are responsible for the lack of a rules list. A full list will appear upon your death

<you know that FoS are important in this game, this is special knowledge that You alone posses, you also know that every role pm contained a piece of important information.>

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:40 am

Vote: Darth
FoS: Darth
Moving on down the line...

5 players left...
Okay, endgame has got to be close.
I suggest a mass claim; role name, abilities, info, everything.
I also suggest we all vote on who goes first, and then that person picks the next, and so on (popcorn method).

I vote Darth (cause I like doing that)
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:43 am

I second the Darth claim...he's not acting himself this game.

I won't vote because I'm paranoid.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am

Welcome The King of Eggs, you are Multiple personality disorder, from Psychology Mod Win Condition

Yes even the mod gets a role PM!

Active ability:
MPSD: You must maintain a set of up to 5 personas, one who lies, one who can’t, one with a choice, and two reward personas.

Switch: each day the two polar roles swap personalities, ie the lair speaks truth, vica versa

Passive abilities:
Ultimate Control: duh
<it would be faster to type everything you did not know...>
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:42 am

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 am

OK If you wish for a role claim I will give It.

My role is (Drum Roll).....................
Darth Han Skywalkerbacca The Hut is (Drum Roll)............
I Am (Drum Roll) .................
Building The Suspense (Drum Rolll) ...............

Something

TKOE will ellaborate because I don't know I never read my role PM
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 am

Welcome Darth Han Skywalkerbacca the Hut, you are Darth Vader, from the Star Wars series. Mafia Win Condition

You and your partner in evilness (Tim Tam) galbatorix are stuck on this stupid thread. Well while you’re here why not have a little fun. You and your partner must eliminate every other faction. Or make sure that nothing can prevent, this in order to win

Active ability:

Mafia –either you or your partner may make a night kill request each night, your kill method is decapitated

Evil – you may talk to your Partner in this quick topic. During night only

Passive abilities:

In sync – You know who, if anyone, targets your partner.

<in this spot every role pm contained a piece of important information. You must make up your own.>
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next