Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia 2.0

+4
The King of Eggs
Supreme Overlord
Reverse Simplicity
If I Could Rewind
8 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mafia 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Mafia 2.0

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 am

I do care, it's just that i don't believ that i have any power to stop the massive machine that is RVS.

In my (limited) games, RVS was only broken when something like this happens, townies find an odd player/playstyle and attack, or they find a player who posts something worth conversing about.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey b0y Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 am

so many post, so many things to read.

oh well cbf i hav to do my draft for english Razz
Bored as crap.

anyways just to remind everyone deadline is in 6 days.

I sounded like a mod there hehe.
Btw i havent seen that new guy, (cant remember his name) hasnt posted yet!!!!!!! Smile
Mikey b0y
Mikey b0y

Scum Credits : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:43 am

@ Overlord no you don't need to unvote

Also Day 1 Vote Count2:
1 Supreme Overlord
2 The King Of Eggs
1 Reverse simplicity

Also The Frog Man hasn't been on since the game started so if anyone has ideas for a replacment I'm open to ideas
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Scum Credits : 961

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:45 am

Eggs wrote:townies find an odd player/playstyle and attack
Found one.

Mikey, wanna vote?

Mod: prod the frog man?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2687

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:46 am

Reminder Lord thta a playstyle isn't a scum tell
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:47 am

I have
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:50 am

The King of Eggs wrote:Reminder Lord thta a playstyle isn't a scum tell
Well, refusal to make comments that have a chance of furthering the game state goes beyond playstyle, I think. You can't just go around saying 'hey, that's anti-town' and then say 'that doesn't mean anything, though' or 'still in RVS, bored', and blame it on playstyle. That's a one-way ticket to lynchville.

Rewind wrote:I have
Thanks. Also, didn't you have a friend or something willing to play if frog doesn't turn up?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:51 am

yeah possibly

I just asked and the answer was no Sad

Last edited by If I Could Rewind on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 am

I believe it was established long ago that I do not follow your deluded conventions. I do not believe that mafia is some kind of giant Sherlockian investigation where you can catch a scum in some form of elaborate scheme. I believe that scum hunting is purely an observation of the phrasing of posts; that is what gives scum away not the fact that they are lying. Unfortunately these observations are particularly hard to explain to others (especially those who do not see as you do) which is exactly why I have never tried to explain such processes because I believe they are beyond your comprehension.

Also, I do not care if you listen to me or not Supreme Overlord, you do what you wish it makes no difference to me I don’t care who wins as long as I can identify scum.

Also, what I wrote in the brackets after the names on my list are jokes, not reasons, as you all know, so why bring up the subject.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:12 am

Just a reminder but the deadline is on the 15th of August
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:31 am

Random event 1:

It's just starting to cool down in the start of the afternoon so you think it'll be a good idea to go outside for a walk to clear your head so you can proseces the days eevnts. As you start out the door you hear a panicked and frightened howl off in the distance and almost without thinking start running towaards it. As you aproach you wryly think you weren't the only one who wanted to go for a walk. You round a bend in the road and see everyone left alive gathered or running towards a building painted a non discript gray. You do a double take and realise Tim Tam is the only one standing next to the statue and everyone else is running towards him. you file that though away in the back of your mind noting that it's slightly suspitious.

You reach the house and slowly read the notice stuck to it, the further you read the more realived you feel. Your stomach unknots slowly and for the first time you realise how tense you are. you read through the notice a second time "Hope is found in the darkest of places and light and ilumination bring unspeakable horror and when the towers of midnight are comleted at last then this nightmare of yours shall be over at last".

Have fun with this event there will be more of these throuout the game also if anyone wants to know if they have correct assumptions about this post you can pm me but I'll only answer if you do it by the end of tommorow Deadline for this random event is 10th of September 2010
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 am

Sorry, but I don't have time to work out this event...good luck!
Mod: I won't be on till Monday (probably)

Darth wrote:I believe that scum hunting is purely an observation of the phrasing of posts; that is what gives scum away not the fact that they are lying.
Why would scum post differently to town?

Darth wrote:Unfortunately these observations are particularly hard to explain to others (especially those who do not see as you do) which is exactly why I have never tried to explain such processes because I believe they are beyond your comprehension.
I would really appreciate it if you tried. Otherwise, we are essentially forced to ignore you, especially if there is legitimate defence.

Darth wrote:I don’t care who wins as long as I can identify scum.
You have a win condition, so play to it. Work out what needs to happen for your win condition to be acheived, and work out what you can do to make that happen. This is generally easier if you can convince other people to work towards the same goal. It's generally harder if you make vague statements that you refuse to explain.

Darth wrote:Also, what I wrote in the brackets after the names on my list are jokes, not reasons, as you all know, so why bring up the subject.
In the past, you have preferred to state the facts, rather than make jokes about people's alignments. Again, explain your reasons if you want people to take notice. Are we supposed to assume that there are real reasons even though you have only presented jokes?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 am

OK, I'll parse that event later, I skipped it for now.

Darth, "phrasing of posts" implies some difference in sentence structure or grammar. Is this what you mean (because that doesn't make sense)?

I believe scumhunting is about motives. Why did they do that? Why didn't they agree with yesterday's lynch? Why have they stopped posting?

Mod: Activity will be reduced up until next Friday. No need to replace me (yet), but message me if you want me to post more. Yay exams.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:29 am

Alex wrote:I believe scumhunting is about motives.
This is the key. It is a fact that town and scum have different win conditions. That means that town and scum have to be playing differently. It's our job to identify those differences, and therefore, identify the scum.

Slightly unrelated, but I'm glad to catch Eggs out...
The King of Eggs in Mafia Mk II wrote:3. Reverse Simplicity (I doubt this but I need a top three every list needs at least three things)
The King of Eggs in this game wrote:3. Not every list needs three.

I forgot to answer the scumbuddy question, but it'd have to be Reverse again. My idol ... Shocked
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:18 am

Random Event extention you have untill 4:30pm on the 13 of september to ask questions about this event after that time the event will be deleted

hint1: copy the random event to a word document (it might make sense later)

Also there is a deadline extention untill ???????????????

Last edited by If I Could Rewind on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:39 am

If I Could Rewind wrote: Random Event extention you have untill 4:30 on the 13 of september to ask questions about this event after that time the event will be deleted

hint1: copy the random event to a word document (it might make sense later)

I tried that, but it was so illuminated in red it hurt my eyes Sad . Please proofread Rolling Eyes .
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey b0y Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 am

to many things to read again Sad, im just going to claim, stuff the consequences

i am a bulletproof vigillante. If any town has any thoughts of who shuld i target on night one plz pm me
Mikey b0y
Mikey b0y

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:41 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:

Slightly unrelated, but I'm glad to catch Eggs out...
The King of Eggs in Mafia Mk II wrote:3. Reverse Simplicity (I doubt this but I need a top three every list needs at least three things)
The King of Eggs in this game wrote:3. Not every list needs three.

Darth wrote that post, ask him... thats why i said it in the first place.

Darth, it seems we have a similar method, what people say isn't as important as how.

mikey boy why would you claim that?
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:50 am

the towers of midnight is a book by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, its the thirteenth in the series. its completed now. its prolouge will be realised on the 21st of september.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by If I Could Rewind Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am

votecount 3: day 1

1 Supreme Overlord
2 The King Of eggs
1 Reverse Simplicity

Deadline is currently ????????????? after being extended. this is the final deadline no more changes.

Last edited by If I Could Rewind on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
If I Could Rewind
If I Could Rewind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey b0y Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:30 am

I dont know didnt hav anything else to say
Mikey b0y
Mikey b0y

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:18 am

hmm sweet I won the event Smile the deadline is 6:30pm on the 19th of september.
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok... mini event over (yay for wordplay)
King eggs I have a suspicion that you are opposing darth. what is your position towards him?

NOTE: I have no indication on darths alliance just want to get back to the main game.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:42 am

Mikey b0y wrote:i am a bulletproof vigillante. If any town has any thoughts of who shuld i target on night one plz pm me
Vote: Mikey b0y
If you’re a bulletproof vigilante, never claim bulletproof. EVER EVER EVER. Claim vigilante if you must, but let the mafia waste their bullets on you. We’ve been through this.

I doubt that Mikey is a vigilante anyway. For one thing, why claim so early? This just leaves himself open to roleblocking. A townie should be able to figure out that bulletproof should not be claimed, especially not being near a lynch.
In addition, claiming bulletproof screams ‘don’t kill me, kill someone else’; perfect claim for serial killer if they want to account for their kills.
Mod-guessing, but bulletproof vigilante is overpowered and possibly gamebreaking, and I don’t think they’d be included in this kind of game.
Finally, ‘plz pm me’ sounds like incitement to break the rules; granted, Rewind doesn’t have an explicit ruleset, but I can’t imagine he’d allow town players PMing each other about the game.

I suggest that, if there is a vigilante, don’t bother counterclaiming, just shoot Mikey tonight (if he lives that long).

In other news:
The King of Eggs wrote:the towers of midnight is a book by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, its the thirteenth in the series. its completed now. its prolouge will be realised on the 21st of september.
This could be handy. I happen to know Rewind likes Robert Jordan. Some kind of deadline? (Obviously not day deadline...)

Mikey b0y wrote:I dont know didnt hav anything else to say
How about you tell us why we shouldn’t lynch you on suspicion of being a serial killer?

The King of Eggs wrote:the deadline is 6:30pm on the 19th of september.
Is this what you got for winning? Did you win by correctly figuring out the book title?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:06 am

Supreme Overlord:
Scum don’t post differently to townie, players post differently to their natural characters, if you know the player, if you know how their mind works, if you know the way they talk, the way they act, then you know when they are not acting themselves, that is the key to scum hunting not motives and opinions. Knowing that you’re scum makes you post differently, you can’t help it you just do, somebody who knows this person well can pick up on the subtle differences in the phrasing of their posts.

I would explain it to you if I could explain it to myself, the best I could do towards explaining it is, go back look at the posts of somebody in a game in which they were vanilla townie, these people think there is no pressure on them and hence act more themselves then other players, after doing this look at there recent posts, the use of words may have change, the amount of thought put into a post is obvious try to discern such things. That is my best explanation of my methods (though rudimentary).

If you work towards your win condition you act differently, perceptibly so, if you truly don’t care that difference is decreased dramatically, if you just want to give your role away to everybody then go ahead play to your win condition.

Also if you can give me one instance in which I clearly stated the facts that would be appreciated.

P.S. Mikey b0y is not a bullet proof vigilante (LIAR)
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next