Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werewolf game thread

+8
Saul Goodman
Leakycauldron
IceIceBaby
Putin
Luxray
Princess Jasmine
Renesmee
FedoraNerd
12 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Werewolf game thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Werewolf game thread

Post by The Mouth of Sauron Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:03 am

Given that your role is
Putin wrote:basically useless with that restriction on the illumination.

Do you think, then, that your role was too good to claim, or too bad mention?
The Mouth of Sauron
The Mouth of Sauron

Scum Credits : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Sounds like you guys have devised a great meta-game for yourselves.
Yup! It's called Mafia, Maybe you've heard of it?
Renesmee wrote:
Putin wrote:It seems to have been created to be so expensive that we don't ask you to prove it. Plus it's basically useless with that restriction on the illumination.
For what it's worth, I suspect when the role was created it wasn't intended to go to someone so fanatical about the value of food (3 Days free from Hunger!) and the necessity of double-burning.
That's not much of a defence, the benefit of illumination should be self evident, and the risk of reviving someone without it should be the same.
The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Given that your role is
Probably the latter, not going to answer this question then?
Renesmee wrote:It is indeed fun.  But I must ask (and apologies if you've already said so and I missed it) - how do you intend to do better than random?
Putin
Putin

Scum Credits : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by IceIceBaby Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 am

Just going to say that claim seems infeasible game mechanics wise, either you are overplaying the cost to make yourself seem less dangerous to wolves or you are just plain lying.
Regardless I still think, with no real basis barring my gut, that you are not a wolf.

Just with how aggressive they are being at the moment I'm not going to change my vote on Princess Jasmine and The Mouth of Sauron is a close second for me, though I don't think both of them are wolf (if either).

Also accusing everybody of being buddies with Renesmee and that we all must be wolves is a little naive, not everybody can be wolves and anybody could use the same counter argument on you two, just spitting out accusations because somebody else did first doesn't get us anywhere, this will just continue into D2 and onwards and town needs to work together.
IceIceBaby
IceIceBaby

Scum Credits : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:20 am

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:Given that your role is

Good question.  It's hard to fit this one into the dichotomy.  Mechanics-wise, I think werewolves do not want this role in the game - it could be gamebreaking at endgame.  But personally, I'm not going to lose any sleep if I draw a night kill from it.  The way I'm playing it, it's more 'bad'; in that I intend to protect other power roles.

IceIceBaby wrote:Just going to say that claim seems infeasible game mechanics wise, either you are overplaying the cost to make yourself seem less dangerous to wolves or you are just plain lying.
Can you specify which part is infeasible? If it's the cost, I think 3 food is fair (but pricey) for a situation that could be game-winning.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Scum Credits : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Jasmine Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:06 am

IceIceBaby wrote:Just with how aggressive they are being at the moment I'm not going to change my vote on Princess Jasmine and The Mouth of Sauron is a close second for me, though I don't think both of them are wolf (if either). .

Would you like to know why I am being aggressive as of now? And I assume it is the same for Mouth. It is the inconsistent drivel that is coming from peoples faces. I think I might have misunderstood what was required for me to play this game.

I was led to believe that I could log on a couple times a week and read through what was said and do my part in deciding and responding. But three people now have said to lynch me because of inactivity. So I decide to pipe up and explain what I think is a reasonable hypothesis; which is more than likely wrong because of information that I guess I misunderstood again (also, can anyone still find where it was written down that werewolves do not know who each other are. I cannot find it in the rules I was given or any post from Mod). Although it is more than likely wrong, I stated my opinion and it was met with derision and contempt and you are now accusing me of aggression? So yes, I am acting aggressive now because this game is new and everyone is being so inconsistent.

And what exactly is your motive or reasoning as to have myself and Mouth on your top of list for lynching? Especially since you do not believe we are wolves?
Princess Jasmine
Princess Jasmine

Scum Credits : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

Jasmine its closer to the deadline youve had a full week and youve only made 7 posts. many would consider that inactive
Luxray
Luxray

Scum Credits : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 am

Well, it's been a while, but Saul is here. I've caught up, and I like what Jasmine has been doing. If you recall, my vote was just to encourage participation. Keep it up, and make up for the inactivity from earlier.

Renesmee's claim, however, hasn't sold me. The role doesn't feel right, doesn't fit with what my Town-aligned role tells me about the balance of resources. As for the character/name connection, I see that as a very general "what's a town role" connection to fabricate. I just don't buy it.

Vote: Renesmee

In the meantime, I'm sad that so much miscommunication about claims has been thrown back and forth. People seeing them in different contexts. Be careful to remember that our roles and our characters are separate from the people typing.

I'll throw this out for you to pick over (eg implications for ties) and start working on a longer post with a reread.
Saul Goodman
Saul Goodman

Scum Credits : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:29 am

After significant drop out and lack of productive and amicable enterprise from many parties, I've decided to lock the thread indefinitely.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Scum Credits : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Here's the countdown timer to thread unlock

Here's a link to the Sundown deadline

The rest of the schedule is on point. Please be aware that there is only 2 hours between unlock and sundown, as this reflects the time between lock and original sundown.

I apologise to the wolves for losing a day this weekend.

Anyone who has a problem with this can fill out this complaint form and I'll try to meet their demands.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:49 am

The thread is unlocked. You have 2 hours to change your votes and jobs before deadline.

As it stands, at the time of this post, the following will be added to the stockpiles:

2 Food Farmed: Luxray, IceIceBaby
4 Wood Cut: Mouth Of Sauron, Renesmee, FedoraNerd, Saul Goodman
2 Tool Created: Putin, Princess Jasmine.

The mayor has elected to burn two units of wood, so the stockpile will look like this at the end of the day:

1 Food
2 wood
2 tool

So far the lynch-votes are as follows:

[3]Renesmee: Saul Goodman, Princess Jasmine, Luxray
[3]Princess Jasmine: Renesmee, Putin, IceIceBaby
[2]No lynch: Fedora, Mouth

As it currently stands, the mayor will choose between Renesmee and Jasmine to be lynched before nightfall.

Here's a link to the Sundown deadline

Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by IceIceBaby Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:55 am

Hello?
IceIceBaby
IceIceBaby

Scum Credits : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:55 am

Vote: No lynch

Renisdissle unfortunate claim makes me not want to lynch her anymore
Luxray
Luxray

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:58 am

IceIceBaby wrote:Hello?
Hi there!

So, one brief hiatus later, and where do we stand? We've got Jasmine and Renesemee(could you not have picked a less annoying name?) as our primary lynch candidates, and I personally doubt we'll build up any others in the next 2 hours. Willing to be proven wrong though, since I don't think either of them would make a good choice.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:00 am

Luxray wrote:Vote: No lynch

Honestly... As much as it literally pains me to say so, that might not be an awful idea at this point.
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:03 am

Putin wrote:
Luxray wrote:Vote: No lynch

Honestly... As much as it literally pains me to say so, that might not be an awful idea at this point.

Ayyyyyyyyyy
Luxray
Luxray

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Whoa guys, don't all talk at once, how is Putin supposed to keep up!
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alladin Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:43 pm

This Lynching business has been an eye opening affair and after much consideration I jasmine have decided that my life as a Gluttonous Princess is over... From this day forward I shall be reborn as a cynical and pretentious Prince, who does enjoy a good feast but would never admit it to your face. I assure you that this change is not purely cosmetic but is instead a serious affair I should certainly not be held accountable for the past Jasmine's actions or lack there of and it would probably be best if I were treated as an entirely new person/End Character change

On to serious matters, I've only just really caught up on what has been going down in this town over the course of the day. Saul is probably at the top of my list for possible wolf suspects due to mostly gut feeling and the fact that he seemed to be playing like a supportive townie, rather than pushing his own agenda he just seems to be kind supporting others and trying to seem more inconspicuous. That being said I really have no idea who any of the wolves are and I am probably leaning more towards a Vote: NO LYNCH for the moment as I get my head around what's going on.

Just in case anyone is unsure I did mean to make the vote for a no lynch count for now unless someone can sway me to another course of action
Alladin
Alladin

Scum Credits : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxray Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Job: collect wolfs bane
Luxray
Luxray

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:11 pm

The thread is now locked.

1 Food Farmed: IceIceBaby
4 Wood Cut: Mouth Of Sauron, Renesmee, FedoraNerd, Saul Goodman
2 Tool Created: Putin, Princess Jasmine.

One food has been consumed.

Two wood has been consumed.

Luxray is immune to werewolf kills.

This leaves

0 Food
2 wood
2 tool

The lynch votes were as follows:

[1]Renesmee: Saul Goodman
[3]Princess Jasmine:  Renesmee, Putin, IceIceBaby
[4]No lynch: Fedora, Mouth, Aladdin (Formerly Jasmine), Luxray

Nobody was lynched on the first day.

Here's a link to the Beginning of Morning 2
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:29 am

Morning 1 has started.

Those with related powers will be contacted over the course of the day and prompted with their abilities.

Here is a countdown to Day 2.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakycauldron Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Saul Goodman has died in the night. His body was found just outside his home, as if dragged from his bed. He will be missed.

As the night was illuminated, Saul Goodman's role has been revealed. Saul Goodman was Day Aligned and the Herbalist. The Herbalist knows how werewolves react to poisonous wolfsbane. If a wolf Picks Wolfsbane, the Herbalist knows that they are a werewolf immediately as it was picked.

Before Sundown each player, bar those who have died, are required to have elected a job and vote for a player to be lynched. The thread is unlocked.

Good luck.
Leakycauldron
Leakycauldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Renesmee Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Sauron and Alladin are town.

Vote: Luxray
Why pick Wolfsbane, dear Mayor? More specifically, why do it right before deadline, depriving us on any food stockpile?

Farm Food

Saul was town, good to know.  This is an interesting quote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Renesmee's claim, however, hasn't sold me. The role doesn't feel right, doesn't fit with what my Town-aligned role tells me about the balance of resources.
I don't know what the Herbalist role would have said about the balance of resources.  It only says about Wolfsbane, and doesn't seem like a role that would require additional food or wood to use.  Actually, that's possibly the point; Saul might not have expected a role to require extra resources, since his didn't.

I recommend checking his posts, but I don't see too much in the way of reads there.  He just seems like a pretty solid town pick.
Renesmee
Renesmee

Scum Credits : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Putin Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Renesmee wrote:Sauron and Alladin are town.
Oh no, no need to explain that at all.
Renesmee wrote:
Vote: Luxray
Why pick Wolfsbane, dear Mayor? More specifically, why do it right before deadline, depriving us on any food stockpile?
I also want to know all about this choice.

Vote:Renesemee

I like your blatant buddying. makes my life nice and easy Very Happy
Putin
Putin

Back to top Go down

Post by Return of Sauron Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Well that worked out nicely for the wolves. Identities are a touch more secure. Since there wasn't an attempt on the mighty Suaron i shall Collect Wood

As for insights well i hope my rejuvenation hasn't left me unable to sense what was done day 1.

Return of Sauron

Scum Credits : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Alladin Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:56 am

Job:Collect Wood

Ok so firstly I'd just like to mention that I hate Luxray right now for making the wolfsbane play, even if it was the right play to make it puts the rest of the town in a pretty weird position. Obviously there are three main schools of thought on why he would have done this.
1: He believes he has a strong town role and or the power of mayor is more important than it first appears and wants to protect that.
2: He's a wolf and as such did the one job that doesn't benefit the town in anyway, while pretending to be a worthy to protect town role.
3: Is a jester and choose to do something extremely suspect and polarizing in an effort to try and get lynched.
Of these three options I honestly think the town aligned role to be the least likely option of the three, because even if his role was something powerful enough to need the protect the way that the move was made was so seemingly sudden that it of course would create suspicion and make it more likely for him to be lynched. So i guess for now Luxray
I don't really want to ride the vote to a lynch right now but I probably will unless some sort of explanation is made... Because I can't see anyway your actions would have helped town.

I guess RIP Saul, this is probably circumstantial but the fact that he had the ability to prove whether or not Luxray was day or night aligned makes this whole dilemma even more messy because there is a chance that the someone night aligned has an investigative power. Then lucked out and investigated Saul, leading to his death either to frame Luxray or to hide his wolf connections.

In conclusion Luxray you should probably give us some kind of answers about why you did what you did, the sooner you do the easier it will be for the town to figure out what's going on...
Alladin
Alladin

Scum Credits : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next