Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

+3
Sid_The_Kid
Reverse Simplicity
The King of Eggs
7 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour - Page 3 Empty Re: Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:06 am

As the sun rises, the 5 of you breathe a sigh of relief at th…. Wait, 5!?

“Where’s the other guy?”
*shrugx4*
“Fantastic”

After searching around for awhile, you come upon the remains of If I Could Rewind.

A look of absolute horror is frozen on his face, he looks as though the Devil himself had kicked him square in the family jewels while raping a puppy, how you guys know what that would look like worries me…

If I Could Rewind, sent to hell N1
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1250

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew III: Return of Colour - Page 3 Empty Re: Mindscrew III: Return of Colour

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 am

OK, so full disclosure; by reward condition Day 1 was to lynch or otherwise have Rewind dead by nightfall. Clearly, I failed.
Reverse, was your reward condition complementary to mine? Did you receive a reward (you don't have to say what it was)?

So I have a new role PM. Yay! Does anyone know anything about '[???]'?

No death reveals ... I did say at the end of MS2 that no death reveals implies no real Town, but this isn't enough to draw a straight conclusion from.

My list from Day 1, although biased towards Rewind, was essentially correct. So Vote: Eggs for now.

Alex, what was your incentive for voting Reverse? With deadline approaching, it didn't get a wagon above a tie. In addition, Reverse was (probably) unlynchable like me, which I said.
FoS: Alex
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 am

hmmm ... so 4-5 hrs warning and a nightkill.

given that day 1 resulted in a nolynch and night 1 shows there to be no death reveal i find our sources of information lacking, thus when i get a bit more time away from the books (and onto a device that doesn't reload tabs when switching) i'll try rereading and posting any opinions i have that haven't been stated previously.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 am

SO, my goal role was an equal but opposite role to yours. I was awarded a mod reward for keeping IICR alive until nightfall.

If IICR was not to die last night, I was planning on having him killed, simply for having two roles based around him.

I have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have any relevant theories to what will end the game? SO and I where directly opposed for the D1, but I have not noticed anyone else aiming for a specific goal.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Scum Credits : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:01 am

It occurs to me that I'm taking a vote on Eggs showing up in the votecount as evidence that he's a player. But I don't think anyone's tested other non-players.
Unvote
Vote: Rainbow Dash

Reverse Simplicity wrote:SO, my goal role was an equal but opposite role to yours. I was awarded a mod reward for keeping IICR alive until nightfall.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have any relevant theories to what will end the game? SO and I where directly opposed for the D1, but I have not noticed anyone else aiming for a specific goal.
My new role implies that the game would end when my win con is fulfilled - so far I've seen no indication that endgame will not be triggered by a faction winning. That said, there is a mystery [???] mentioned in my role PM, so that could be meaningful.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:26 am

@Overlord - in what way is this mystery [???] mentioned can you give us specifics? Maybe somebody has information that could be helpful to you.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 am

In my role PM, I have the power to advance or delay [???] - no specifics there about how much I can advance or delay it. So [???] seems to be some kind of upcoming event - it could be deadline, endgame, some global action, some specific action; I have no idea. I would guess that it's not something that will happen soon, since my ability to change it doesn't expire (ie it can be used from now until the end of the game), and if [???] was Day 2 deadline, that would make my ability pretty useless.

So yeah, if anyone could shed any light on whether [???] is something we want to happen sooner or later, that would be grand.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:37 am

[???] could be all deadlines not just Day 2 deadline, it's unlikely to be endgame as that is the result of a culmination of events and not predetermined. I doubt it pertains to anybodies night actions unless somebody has a delayed night action with some serious effects. It seems most likely that [???] is Day deadlines (which in itself is easy to prove just try to end the day now, but that's a bad idea considering although it's probable there still is a high chance it's not Day deadlines) if it's a global event you should get some warning of it before it happens otherwise the ability is pretty useless.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 am

ok ... after rereading day 1 not much leaped out at me.

@SO,RS: do the colours remain although your roles have been altered?

[???], a simple placeholder, in the given context, likely to refer to an event that could remain hidden for the whole game (you may only receive an ambiguous warning eg: "Something is coming") ... it would probably be a good thing to not use said ability until either it needs to be used or you can be sure that it does/doesn't hinder your wincon.
this event may refer to deadlines or maybe a "devine intervention" that would alter a major part of the game (eg: faction/alignment changes)
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:41 am

@Overlord: Can you tell us your role name? maybe it's something flavor related that you're missing? I doubt it but it's worth a try.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:51 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:ok ... after rereading day 1 not much leaped out at me.
Check Alex again. Particularly his posts leading up to deadline.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:@SO,RS: do the colours remain although your roles have been altered?
Mine doesn't, and by the symmetry Reverse implied his probably doesn't either. For your interest, I was literally 'Indigo, from Mind Screw Meadow', an [Unknown Seraphim].

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Overlord: Can you tell us your role name?
No.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:40 am

??? is my role PM, in its entirety. Presumably doing your thing will reveal it. If you've wondered about my play it's because I was completely bereft of goals. I was hoping for something to change Night 1, but to no avail. My role PM has ??? in all fields.

As you can understand, I didn't care about the lynch, since I had nothing to play for until my role PM was revealed (which I assumed would be Night 1).

Obviously nothing has changed, except I know that my role won't appear of its own accord.

In conclusion, feel free to delay it and I'll continue to not care about this game. Alternately send me my PM. Then we can talk.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 am

Alex Steiner wrote:If you've wondered about my play it's because I was completely bereft of goals.
Dammit. Again? Well, for the moment I won't touch [???].
Unvote
Vote: Alex
Excuse me, I'm checking to see if Eggs isn't posting a vote count because there are no votes (ie Rainbow Dash is not valid); if this is the case, it means Eggs is valid and therefore (probably) a player. I chose Alex as my placeholder because I need to vent my frustration.

FoS: Sid
Why didn't you pick up that anything was off about Alex's play?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 am

Do you want me to post my role PM? It is a bunch of '???'. What am I supposed to do with that? You had your novel colour mechanics, I had a fat lot of nothing to do.

So why don't you go ahead and activate whatever magical ability Eggs came up with to actually let me into the game.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 am

Have any of you who have [???] in your role tried using the ability anyway? Test it.

Vote: SO

I can't decide if Eggs would continue to give us opposite roles, or did we properly reroll.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 am

Alex Steiner wrote:So why don't you go ahead and activate whatever magical ability Eggs came up with to actually let me into the game.
OK, [???] is on its way as fast as I can make it. Keep us posted.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Vote: SO
Oh good; that means I can test the perhaps-invalid now that there is a proper vote to force a vote count. Other people voting would be grand, too (probably 3 to lynch).
Unvote
Vote: Rainbow Dash

Reverse Simplicity wrote:I can't decide if Eggs would continue to give us opposite roles, or did we properly reroll.
Unless it's something as obvious as Town/Mafia, my current role doesn't look suited to having an opposite. Well, unless you squint. Unless [???] is mentioned in your new role, I'd be inclined to say no.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Vote: Alex

because I'm not sure if I believe what you're saying is true. Either it is and that's my bad or your role depends on getting [???] to happen within a certain time or you just want to press the big red button to see what happens.

All are strong possibilities for you.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:10 am

@SO:Sure Alex's posts near day 1 deadline where strange but i merely put it down to having an abstract wincon. by stating these suspicions could've given Alex the oportunity for a stronger falseclaim (if required)

I'm inclined to believe that Alex has no idea of key features of his role, it does kinda explain the actions of Day 1,whilst also adds a dash of uncertainty to the game
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 am

Reverse is Town. I am 100% certain about this. Please adjust your opinions accordingly.

Alright, deadline is probably approaching quickly. We don't seem to be getting a votecount, so Unvote in case my dummy vote is blocking it.
Obviously I'm willing to lynch Darth, Sid or Alex today. I've been liking Darth's play in this game so far. I'd be fairly happy to lynch Alex, but his play has been consistant with his claim.
Vote: Sid
Somewhat through PoE, and somewhat because I don't think he's said anything original that wasn't obvious throughout the game.
Sid_The_Kid wrote:@SO:Sure Alex's posts near day 1 deadline where strange but i merely put it down to having an abstract wincon. by stating these suspicions could've given Alex the oportunity for a stronger falseclaim (if required)
If you don't state your suspicions, people are going to start thinking you don't have any.

Reverse, as confirmed Town, please make your voice heard. Keep in mind that whichever of Darth/Alex/Sid you want to lynch, we'll need the support of one of the other two. Since Alex apparently doesn't have an agenda, we'll probably need one of Darth/Sid to lynch the other, or either of the two to lycnh Alex.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:23 am

@Overlord - Since when is Reverse 100% town? I'm assuming you just claimed an investigative roll or have I missed something? If I'm right then that would mean your investigation isn't a night action as you said you had no abilities until Day 2?

Can you please clarify your certainty on this point (and if you have an investigative action what kind of action it is)?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:47 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Overlord - Since when is Reverse 100% town?
Since I received the answer to the rapid-action guaranteed-to-be-truthful question I sent Eggs today. I am as certain of this as I am of my win condition (ie my role PM is clear).
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Ok then, considering this I'm going to keep my vote on Alex, the idea that your Role Pm gives you only [???] to go on implies to me that when/if you finally receive your role pm it will be overpowered which makes me think unaligned.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:53 pm

Well, Damn. I was really hoping to avoid being known as town. I am probably going to die tonight.

Better make this a good one. Alex has claimed another role which does not encourage him to post, even still he has been posting a decent amount.

Darth has been more active and he seems to be trying to put forward his perspective.

Sid, well, I think SO has said what needed to be said.

Unvote
Unvote
Unvote
Unvote
Vote:Sid

Testing, testing, earth to eggs.
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:06 am

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Ok then, considering this I'm going to keep my vote on Alex, the idea that your Role Pm gives you only [???] to go on implies to me that when/if you finally receive your role pm it will be overpowered which makes me think unaligned.
Considering Reverse and I are now on Sid, what do we need to do to convince you to switch.  It is possible that we're not getting a votecount until there's a hammer.

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Well, Damn. I was really hoping to avoid being known as town. I am probably going to die tonight.
Sorry; I didn't want to risk losing a town result.  And the Day had kinda stagnated, so I wanted to get us moving.

Alex, maybe you want to vote Sid? I know you don't really care, but if Darth doesn't switch he may well convince me to vote for you, so hammering Sid would at least save you today and get you closer to your role PM.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverse Simplicity Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:43 am

Hopefully I can get my night action out before I am unceremoniously murdered tonight.

I have a night kill, now who should I kill?
Reverse Simplicity
Reverse Simplicity
Simply Paranoid
Simply Paranoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next