Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

+4
SolVI
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Supreme Overlord Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:28 pm

Just a quick note to say I took another look at my character, prompted by Alex's analysis here, and as far as I can tell on Wikipedia and TV Tropes there's no amnesia/memory loss.

Also, assuming it's a week per Day, I give it around 34 hours from this post until deadline hits.  So I reckon it would be good to get someone to L-1, ask for a claim, and then there's still time to switch wagons if the claim is convincing.

Mod: Vote count please!
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2674

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 7 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by SolVI Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:45 am

I'm catching up with everything that has been posted in the last 24 hours, so here goes:

Alex Steiner wrote:A brief foray to Emma Meyer's wiki page makes Darth Skywalkerbacca's claimed ability (Social Media Influencer when not busy being a superhero) quite plausible, though not necessarily Town-aligned. Some anti-Town role not acting at night in order to save themselves from the lynch is vaguely balanced (if the ability is weak, or it's endgame). So on the whole you've been pretty straightforward with your claims, though it's still mildly suspicious that you doubt the Town wincon.
I definitely agree with the distinction here. I 100% believe Darth's claims, but it doesn't necessarily mean he is Town. Even with my added context of watching the show, it doesn't completely clear Darth as Emma could be any alignment.

I don't believe that Emma would alignment switch, though I do believe that Emma could be at the very least a neutral character, if not Mafia. Either way, I'm satisfied with the claims that Darth has made so far.

Supreme Overlord wrote:SolVI, what's your opinion on Stranger/the Stranger wagon? You said you were 'mostly suspicious' of Stranger (along with Sid) - what stood out?
What stood out to me for Stranger was that they have mostly been going around in circles with many of their claims, conclusions or decisions they wish to make. I will admit I've been a bit harsh on Stranger, and have had to remember several times that they are new to the game, but I look more deeply into what I'm reading and feeling, rather than who it is we're talking about. I'll chalk a lot of my suspicion up to that, and will admit being a little hasty. It really just doesn't help that I feel like they have dropped the least hints/information about themselves, which just ties in more deeply to my paranoia/suspicion about them.

Sid has made me suspicious mostly because of the inconsistent way they have attempted to portray themselves and their role. I just feel like that was really off, and wasn't needed. Why would you withhold something about your character, only not three posts later, immediately divulge what you were hiding?
I understand the thought process of "gauging everyone's reactions", but it feels like in this situation it's more of a cop out excuse than an actual conscious thought.

They do claim it to be a mistake, and ordinarily I'd be far more inclined to drop it and say "Fair enough", but something else stuck out to me, and this is really what lead me to commit to voting them.
The "Introducing.." ability. If it quite literally is used by Sid to decide his alias, to me it feels hard to trust any name or claim they make. It's also what made me feel like the immediate hint dropping of them being Robin was not actually accidental, but completely intentional. A realisation of "Oh, I have the "Introducing.." ability. May as well use it here."

I will completely and utterly retract my vote on Sid if I have purely misunderstood what the introducing ability does and am running with a false conclusion/suspicion. If anybody has any other thoughts or take aways from those two events, please throw them in, and I'll honestly reconsider, but I feel like if I'm right, they just link together too well to ignore, and that's why he's the one I want to lynch. It's a bandwagon, yes, but it's one I actually tried to put thought into.

One thing I will say that is interesting, is like Sid, I also have a bulletproof vest. I actually missed his comment on that. Mine is limited, but not in a "One shot" way. Revealing the vest's weakness would defeat the purpose of me having it, but I share the same questions with Alex on it's limitations, and how effectively it would save my life.

I will once again say I was hesitant to reveal my alignment, mostly because I'm very rigid with my thought process on things. I see it as a "Well, surely everyone is either going to claim they are town or say nothing, so what's the point in being dishonest about it?" - Further, revealing my character's name or exact role would in my eyes make me a target, so I was mostly just fearful.

I've got nothing to lose, and I stand so strongly by the ethos that we should lynch someone, that if it ends up being me, then it's whatever.
So, for those wondering. I'm Town Chief Wiggum. On page 6, in one of my posts on the bottom section, the first letter of each sentence spells "WIGGUM" out. I even purposefully made a title just so "U" would work. I don't think any further explanation is needed on his appreciation for food, nor the incompetent police work, if you've ever seen more than 30 seconds of The Simpsons.

I'll be at work later, so will do my best to follow along with what's going on in actual real time, but I have said everything I feel needs to be said at this stage. Again, I'll retract my vote on Sid if I've genuinely made a false lapse of judgment.
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:50 am

*Purposefully made a typo just so "U" would work.

The irony of making a typo while explaining that I purposefully made a typo is not lost on me.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:49 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:
Dark Vessel, similar; what's your opinion on the Stranger wagon? Also, would your suspicions about a Sol-jester mean you'd be outright against a SolVI lynch, or more that you'd just not be actively in favour?

Stranger wagon:
Frankly, I don't know why there even IS a stranger wagon. I don't see anything suspicious he's done, and he's been particularly active recently.

Sol lynch
And yes, i'm outright against a SolVI lynch. That is, assuming an investigative role doesn't dig up some more dirt on him. They'd probably have to be a trusted investigator, though...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:54 am

Alex Steiner wrote:
Dark Vessel has made no comment on the amnesia, but feel free to clarify how forgetful your hungry quadruped is.
I'm increasingly paranoid that a punisher role is gonna thwack me (there are relatively few sapient, hungry quadrupeds in media); however, I can confirm that mine has very, VERY good memory. Exceptionally good. Though it is only implied by their actions and how they act. To my knowledge, they have only... Briefly experienced some kind of amnesia, but it was less than 1% of their screentime, so I wouldn't consider it important enough to add to the theming. TKoE would also have to know the character in-depth to actually make the connection to that character having amnesia, as I am uncertain that it would show up on a cursory google search.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:54 am

Not to mention, when my character had amnesia, EVERYONE had amnesia. Which is hilariously kinda fitting for this situation.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:55 am

Wouldn't even be called amnesia by most accounts though, it was kinda a... Complex situation.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:04 am

Last game, we had the advantage of electrix reporting that he has an investigative role when I trusted him (with a secret third vote), and that allowed a lot of action to take place to find him.

There's none of that now. And sadly, if some investigator revealed themselves now, it would almost certainly lead to an insta-thwack. Maybe Sid could get some role that'll give him defensive or investigative abilities with a lynch, but that remains to be seen.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 am

As far as myself, my only active ability is defensive. And even then, it only defends ME. So no real way for me to help an investigator if one pops up, eventually...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:14 am

Ohhh, I missed Stranger's bad PR passive! Hm. That's interesting. Either he's a mafia trying to cover his backside on a hunch, or we probably DO have investigators in the game. I think. Maybe? Is that how it works?

Either way, I suppose it gives some justification to the Stranger train, that's a pretty bad ability to preemptively reveal that you have tbh...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:18 am

Alex Steiner wrote:
On the whole, Dark Vessel's post history strikes me as a little opportunistic (even with the recent Sid backdown).
Did you SEE me last game? Everyone thought I was bad the whole time because I had a bit of a hair-trigger lol.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:21 am

Stranger is at L-2 for now, you mistook votes for FoS, SO. We're probably running low on time...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:26 am

We have until the 1st. So like 36hrs.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:52 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see
That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it
If I please

Sunset should have begun about 17 hours ago, my bad. Use this knowledge as you please.

Vote Count 6 Day 2

Votes:

Stranger: Sid_The_Kid, Supreme Overlord[2]
Sid_The_Kid: SolVI  [1]
SolVI: Alex Steiner [1]

Players not voting:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

FoS':

Sid_The_Kid: Stranger [1]
Stranger: SolVI [1]
SolVI: Sid_The_Kid, Supreme Overlord, Alex Steiner[3]

Players not FoSing:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:45 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:
Darth, why unvote Stranger? What do you think of the Sid wagon?

I unvoted to stop a wagon from forming before I have come to any solid conclusions myself. The votes themselves were merely a form of mild pressure, I meant nothing more from them than that, though Stranger does have me wondering I'm still willing to hold off to give them time to answer questions. 

At the moment, assuming two mafia, I am suspicious of Sid but would choose others over them for my top picks.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1792

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:04 pm

Okay, if sunset began ~21 hours ago, and sunset is 36 hours, then 15 hours left.  I'm pretty sure that checks out with what I was thinking; one week for the Day.

At this stage I really want to wagon someone at least to a claim.  I'd rather not lynch before a claim, but I'd prefer someone to hammer claimless than to have No Lynch again.

I've got more written below (obviously ...), but based on the current claims, I think SolVI's lost investigation is more testable than 'a townie to test my ability on' (IMO SolVI's also fits under that category, but with the benefit of more details in advance about what to expect).

SolVI wrote:They do claim it to be a mistake, and ordinarily I'd be far more inclined to drop it and say "Fair enough", but something else stuck out to me, and this is really what lead me to commit to voting them.
The "Introducing.." ability. If it quite literally is used by Sid to decide his alias, to me it feels hard to trust any name or claim they make. It's also what made me feel like the immediate hint dropping of them being Robin was not actually accidental, but completely intentional. A realisation of "Oh, I have the "Introducing.." ability. May as well use it here."
I don't understand what you find suspicious here.  Mechanically, is it not just choosing which one-shot ability Sid uses that night? Like tonight he's 'The Boy Wonder, with an investigate', then the next he's 'Nightwing, with a protect' or whatever.  Like, it's no more believable than any other claim at the moment, but I don't think it's any less believable either.

PSA regarding being bulletproof - in my opinion, just don't claim it (now that two people have ...).  If you're Town, I reckon your job is to try to draw the kill, so the Mafia waste it; rather than inform the Mafia not to bother shooting you, so they can more effectively use it on an unprotected target.  It's not scummy per se, but it's anti-town.  It is also extremely convenient that you have an excuse for being alive each morning: 'Mafia didn't kill me because I'm bulletproof', not 'Mafia didn't kill me because I'm Mafia'.

In general, can I suggest that people be more thoughtful about what abilities they choose to reveal, and who it helps.  It doesn't help me at all right now to know that Sid/SolVI are bulletproof; it does help Mafia.

Dark Vessel wrote:Either way, I suppose it gives some justification to the Stranger train, that's a pretty bad ability to preemptively reveal that you have tbh...
I reckon it's a good one to breadcrumb; but yeah, the preemptive is possibly a 'I know I'll show up Mafia (because I am), so I'll get ahead of the scandal'.

Dark Vessel wrote:Ohhh, I missed Stranger's bad PR passive! Hm. That's interesting. Either he's a mafia trying to cover his backside on a hunch, or we probably DO have investigators in the game.
SolVI, at least, claimed investigative:
SolVI wrote:One of my abilities allows me to reveal an alignment on someone, but due to my "incompetency", I lose the result, and it goes to somebody else.

I do reckon it's worth leaving SolVI alive to see where the investigation result shows up.  SolVI, would you expect someone else to receive your result and be able to claim it start of Day 3?

Dark Vessel wrote:Stranger is at L-2 for now, you mistook votes for FoS, SO.
Nah, I'm saying when someone gets to L-1, someone who is able to hammer should ask for a claim.  Though time is running out to get sorted, so if they ask for a claim I do also ask they are prepared to hammer anyway.

I'd hammer a non-Stranger competing wagon if it prevents a No Lynch, but I'd prefer to wagon Stranger to a claim first (well, anybody, but Stranger is currently the largest wagon).
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:05 pm

Alex Steiner wrote: So on the whole you've been pretty straightforward with your claims, though it's still mildly suspicious that you doubt the Town wincon.

In any case, I'm definitely leaning towards Darth Skywalkerbacca as a third-party alignment, with the harder-to-lynch thing to help as insurance. I don't get alignment-switching vibes from the flavour of Emma, though. Cate, maybe, but not Emma. As discussed, I don't need to kill non-Mafia to win, and can't have my alignment changed, so I guess I don't care. Being harder to lynch is thematically anti-Town, but it could be a balance thing to get your abilities to D3 and prevent an unfortunate early elimination of a key role.

Just in terms of these particular statements.

1. Where did you get the idea that I doubted the town wincon? I noted that people could make an educated guess at what the wincon was but never actually questioned it to my knowledge. I'm asking because if something was taken out of context I want to be able to clear that up. 

2. Emma can get big or she can get small. (Or as Eggs put it beeg and smol) So I have two actives to choose from of a night. That being said and based on my knowledge of the game over the many years I have played I would not consider myself a 'key role'. I consider it more of a balancing of lackluster abilities based on having the extra one.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:17 pm

Considering the lack of time (and I do agree we should lynch today) o do not like it because I don't like doing such things until I have made my conclusions but I am willing to.

Vote: Stranger 

(Though at the same time I'm hoping Stranger will be willing to come back for more games in the future if they are voted out Day One? Please)
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:04 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Stranger could you elaborate any more on the nature of your investigation? What kind of information do you get? Just alignment, or a full role reveal maybe?

I must investigate any wrongful lynchings, it doesn’t say anything about receiving information I assume I will have to start investigating when a townie has been lynched.
Stranger
Stranger

Scum Credits : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:19 pm

Sorry I can’t directly quote anyone with walls of text on mobile and I get lost through them, it’s easier with shorter posts.
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:20 pm

Supreme Overlord wrote:SolVI, would you expect someone else to receive your result and be able to claim it start of Day 3?
Yes. I can investigate anybody I choose, and their faction will be revealed, but I lose the result, and it goes to somebody else. I have no way of knowing who, but it will.

SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:45 pm

Jesus Christ I think I am suffering some form of dyslexia I completely goofed my role: the only wrongful deaths I have to investigate are one’s done by any method APART from lynching. And I do get their role private messaged to me. I’m really sorry gang 😅
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:46 pm

Jesus Christ I think I am suffering some form of dyslexia I completely goofed my role: the only wrongful deaths I have to investigate are one’s done by any method APART from lynching. And I do get their role private messaged to me. I’m really sorry gang 😅
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:56 pm

Stranger wrote:I must investigate any wrongful lynchings, it doesn’t say anything about receiving information I assume I will have to start investigating when a townie has been lynched.
To be honest, this is an ability I'm willing to risk lynching.  Even if it's true, it relies on mislynching first.  And it's vague enough that I'd believe a Mafia fake claim as well.

Stranger, I'd recommend voting someone in your position - without an alternative bandwagon, I'd say you're likely to get lynched by default.

Ninja'd:
Stranger wrote:the only wrongful deaths I have to investigate are one’s done by any method APART from lynching. And I do get their role private messaged to me.
I have to say, my suspicion here is that a Mafia buddy coached some advice privately after Stranger's last post.  Note to self: everyone but Darth and Dark Vessel has been online in that time.

This claim is a lot more testable, as chances are Mafia will kill somebody.  I can't say I really believe it, though ...
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:21 pm

I think I’ve really put myself in a corner with coming out on my role, no one else has so it seems to be the meta, either that or mafia are about to bandwagon me..
I guess I have no choice since else I will lynched to reveal I’m the police and I do indeed have absolute authoritaii. I want to remind the ones voting against me the use of force I can use and the lack of time we have left. I know for sure the mafia would love to jump on a false lynch, so I will take my chances.
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next