Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

+4
SolVI
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 9 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat 4 Nov 2023 - 11:31

Ok, I’ll try to keep this short-ish before something else IRL pulls me away.

As for yesterday to answer people’s questions about my abilities, my aliases were Robin (tracker), Night Wing ( Non-Executing Jailor), and Agent 37 (basically guess if someone will target me and if I’m right I block). As for why I chose tracker over Jailor, with no guarantee that whoever I targeted would not be switched so I thought it would be best to use a tracker and get some information instead of potentially protecting a scum. I tracked Alex, who didn’t visit anyone.

Now because of “Take up the Mantel” (yes the spelling mistake is in the role pm) and we have had a townie die at night I’m now Cassandra.

SolVI wrote:OK, wow.
I knew this was coming, but I didn't think it would be quite this much of a standoff.
Dark Vessel wrote:then Darth uses Get Smol on Sol. This allows Darth to know that Sol targeted Alex, so he can easily jump in and say that he got a note saying that Alex is town, therefore implying that Sid and I are Mafia. Even if someone else got the result, if Darth times it well, he can make it look bad.
This is VERY likely. I have no reason to suspect that this couldn't have been committed. It makes far too much sense, especially mechanically speaking. The question really is how much I trust Darth to defend that he wasn't capable of this.

DV could easily be manipulating this situation, pretending that it was in fact him who obtained the note as a form of trickery, but again, it feels more believable to suspect that an ability that can see who a person targeted is being used on me, the person who is able to investigate.
All it then comes down to is Darth arguing that he is more trustworthy, so therefore his word is stronger than DV's, no matter how suspicious this whole thing is.
I agree with Sol, DV’s “explanation” seems within the scope of the mechanics so far, but that doesn’t mean it’s what happened.

It does seem strange to me that Darth’s note claims something that I reasoned yesterday so could have been easily thought up on the spot as a fake claim. For now FOS: Darth Skywalkerbacca although helpful in discussions after being pushed about your differences with D1 info, you had this to say
“Darth Skywalkerbacca” wrote: Once we clearly realised that a large portion of us were amnesiacs the meta changed to only one viable strategy for all factions, commit to the bit.
it’s entirely possible that you just “commit to the bit” that the note has to come out, and we’re likely to believe something we already “know” … that reminds me of a flavor-text from a D1 VC

But for DV to counterclaim a note putting alex as maf? If it’s true it would shake up lot of my meta from this game. Especially the events of D1.

Based on my N2 result, if Alex is maf he wasn’t the killer, which means we have more than 1 to get out, and at least another night to endure where it’s likely our numbers will reduce by one again.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 9 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Alex Steiner Sat 4 Nov 2023 - 12:02

Given that my fate has been tied to Darth's, I will treat this like I'm also at L-1

After a good nights rest you finally remember who you are!

Welcome to me Domain!

Welcome Alex Steiner

You are Captain Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce (M.A.S.H) Town Trauma Medic

*And you thought war was hell *

**Active Abilities:**

**Emergency Surgery:** Why do people always get shot around you?

Once per night, you may target one player, if that player would be killed by anything a trauma surgeon could fix, they will survive instead.

**Passive Abilities: **

**Nihilism:** You're far too cynical to want anything but peace

You are immune to any effect that would change your alignment.

**Post restriction:** None

**Win Condition:** You win when no members of the Mafia faction remain.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat 4 Nov 2023 - 12:03

N2 I targeted myself, since there were already several bulletproof people around, I seemed like a safe bet.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sat 4 Nov 2023 - 15:36

Sorry, I thought I had responded to this earlier but I guess I had not, was little busy today, had to go to Brisbane.

The benefit of having told the truth is that I also have the receipts to prove it.

Response to you Night Action 

``` Supreme Overlord did not target anybody last night```

Additionally 

``` You find a small notebook, initialed CW, that contains the message "Alex Steiner is a member of the town```

fter a good nights rest you finally remember who you are!

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Darth Skywalkerbacca

You are Emma Meyer [Gen V] Town Bulimic Hero

*What the fuck did Cate do to you this time, and where is Sam?*

**Size Change:** each night you may choose one of the following abilities;

**Get Smol:** The process may be unpleasant, but you can't deny its usefulness

You may shrink yourself down, making it very easy to follow people to see what they're doing, you may choose one target player, and if that player uses a night action that has a target, you will find out who they targeted.

**Get Beeg:** Om Nom Nom 

You may make yourself the size of a small skyscraper, however this will make you an irresistible target, each player that uses a targeted ability will have that ability redirected to target you. 

**Passive abilities: **

**Bubbly Personality:** I didn't know what you were into so I got a bit of everything

you're fun to have around, as long as you aren't brooding about your shame. If you haven't used an ability on the previous Night you require one extra vote to Lynch (this effect will always be active on Day 2)

**Post restriction:** None

**Win Condition:** You win when no members of the Mafia faction remain.

I've been an open book this entire time and while I have questioned others I've always offered information about myself in response, I don't have anything to hide. But with Alex's claims of being able to protect a player during night actions my ability to redirect all actions towards me seems to be a pretty broken combo. But using it too early would also have screwed with any investigations (which there seem to have been a lot of) the fact that the information came out in the order it did seem fortuitous. No trying to steal a protect and making everybody's investigations useless. 

But we are forgetting something, with Overlord having flipped town I am prone to believing his claim the mafia can't recruit. And we know Alex can't be recruited. So who can recruit and what is their wincon? DV could be mafia, but I already indicated that I was leaning towards Sid being mafia, what does he gain from living one more day if there are three town, one mafia and one neutral recruiting role left? Is it simply that the recruiting role has to recruit a certain number of people before they satisfy their wincon and they need that extra day? If DV isn't mafia they probably have a good idea that voting Sid now would end the game. 

What are people's thoughts?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 1:48

To follow the trend, I'll post my full role PM as well.

After a good nights rest you finally remember who you are!

Welcome to my Domain!

Welcome Electrix

You are Chief Clancy Wiggum [The Simpsons] Town Bumbling Cop

You're not sure how you got here, but you just know the Simpsons family is involved somehow... probably Bart

Active Abilities:

Incompetent Police Work: you always forget something...

Each night you may do your best to solve the crimes, unfortunately your best isn't very good

Each night you may target one player, and that players faction will be revealed, unfortunately, you will subsequently lose the result before you can read it. The result of this investigation will be sent to another player at random. Possibly even the original target, whoops.

Passive Abilities:

Bullet Proof Vest: thankfully you finally got that shipment of XXXXL vests

You even remembered to put one on before you found yourself here! You are immune to being shot in the chest

Post restriction: None

Win Condition: You win when no members of the Mafia faction remain.
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 3:13

SolVI wrote:So, for those wondering. I'm Town Chief Wiggum.

We already knew his name, so getting the initials first means nothing. I got:

eggs wrote:``` Upon waking, you spot a post-it note stuck to your door. It reads "Alex Steiner is definitely a part of the Mafia."```

I've similarly been fairly open throughout. Hell, I revealed I was a quadruped real early on, and a quadruped that likes food... There aren't that many options for that. I would have been more open if not for SO highlighting the chance of there being a Punisher role.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 5:30

Dark Vessel wrote:
SolVI wrote:So, for those wondering. I'm Town Chief Wiggum.

We already knew his name, so getting the initials first means nothing. I got:

eggs wrote:``` Upon waking, you spot a post-it note stuck to your door. It reads "Alex Steiner is definitely a part of the Mafia."```

I've similarly been fairly open throughout. Hell, I revealed I was a quadruped real early on, and a quadruped that likes food... There aren't that many options for that. I would have been more open if not for SO highlighting the chance of there being a Punisher role.

I would like to point out that a post-it note stuck to a door doesn't seem very "lost" to me, seems like the normal function of a post-it not. But that could just be flavour that Eggs didn't think about. 

The main thing I'm noticing is that is this quote from Eggs; it is formatted as if copied from Discord which is where I have had all of my conversations with Eggs but your role reveal post had no such formatting, where did you copy and paste that from or did you for some reason decide to just type that out word for word.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 5:35

Dark Vessel wrote:

Yes, you definitely had at least one of these

**Passive Abilities:**

Yes, you definitely had at least one of these

**Post Restriction:** None

Looks like we all got the same message.

I ask because you have previously copy and pasted things from Discord that have used the correct formatting as well. It is just strangely absent from your role reveal.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 9:25

I flip between different aliases at times, and at any one time DV will be on my downloaded Discord app, and other identities will be on my browser and vice-versa. Lets me keep my interactions in various communities segmented.
Turns out, when you copypaste material from the Discord app, it saves the formatting with ** ** etc, but when you copypaste from the website, it fails to do so. I pasted Pinkie from the website, and the amnesia/note from the app. Hence, Pinkie's text is clean from formatting. If anyone has Discord logged in on their browser, I ask them to try the same. I promise it'll mess with the copypasting XD
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 5:32

I was kind of hoping for more discussion before I placed my vote but that unfortunately doesn't look like it's going to be a thing so I guess I will just. 

Vote: Dark Vessel 
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 9:42

So we seem to have reached an awkward meta-knowledge stalemate. There's not much to do to change my position on who's lying and who's not, but I'm open to suggestions on how to proceed.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 10:44

Yeah, honestly it seems as though we're at an impasse, and I admittedly do not know how to approach this any further. I'm conflicted on who is telling the truth here. I know that a wrong decision could get us all killed, so I'm just sitting back trying to think here.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 12:27

I am willing to take my vote off of dark vessel. But I am not sure how long we have left in the day. Dark Vessel or Sid are both fine in my mind I don't know who is mafia but I know one of them are. 

I am still concerned about the recruitment role though. Do people think there are two mafia or one mafia, one neutral recruiter role. If there is only one mafia, we lynch them today the game ends, or at least town satisfies it's win con which is the same thing in my mind. 
If there is a neutral recruiter role how would that change the dynamic going into the next day, assuming somebody may have been recruited last night.

I feel like it is kind of important that we discuss this before we make any moves either way. 

I have to assume that mafia has not been recruited or else town would have won already, was Overlord targeted by the recruiter last night, or maybe SolVI? 

Everybody has made a claim at this point, from my point of view only SolVI's has been confirmed and Alex's alignment but not his role has been so I would assume that he is not a recruiter.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 22:35

Two mafia is quite obvious from my perspective (Darth trying to cover for Alex). As far as the recruiter role... Either one of the 3 remaining townies are a recruiter and are trying to buy time (feels kinda weird given everyone's behavior), the recruiter role adds a second goal and doesn't replace the normal wincon, or maybe the existence of the recruiter role is a troll by TKoE (e.g. there is no recruiter role)
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed 8 Nov 2023 - 7:56

I wouldn't put it past Eggs to hint at a role that isn't in the game just to mess with us. The only hint we have of it is Alex's role claim and Overlord's claim that mafia cannot recruit.

@Sid, you claim to now have Overlord's role, can you tell us how exactly he came by the information that mafia could not recruit? He had some kind of Day action apparently that gave him the information. 

As for not replacing the win con, I guess it could be a thing that it simply adds some other hoop to jump through. I guess it would make sense if mafia couldn't recruit, otherwise there are two opportunities each day for town to win, lynch mafia or recruit mafia. Though I guess if it was a neutral role that did change your win-con they would be discouraged from trying to recruit the mafia until they had a majority to win. 

I still would like to hear more from others, especially Sid in regards to his thoughts and an answer to the question above. 

@Mod where are we sitting for time remaining in the day?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu 9 Nov 2023 - 1:19

Welcome to my Domain!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na

Vote Count 1 Day 3

Votes:

Dark Vessel - Alex Steiner [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca - Dark Vessel, Sid_The_Kid [2]

Players not voting:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
SolVI

FoS':

Darth Skywalkerbacca - Dark Vessel [1]
Dark Vessel - Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca [2]

Players not FoSing:
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Mod where are we sitting for time remaining in the day?

Day will end in [REDACTED] days, [REDACTED] hours, and [REDACTED] seconds
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu 9 Nov 2023 - 16:47

Day has to be coming to a close sooner rather than later, if anybody else has some insight they want to add now would be the time to do that
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Fri 10 Nov 2023 - 5:42

At this point, as unsure as I am of what decision to make, I have decided I'm going to lynch DV.

As you can tell from the inactivity, I've been stuck on this predicament for several days. Both stories make sense, but I have had no reason to suspect Darth thus far. Although I haven't necessarily had the same reason to be sceptical of DV, I just feel like it's too elaborate of an accusation to be one of sincerity.

So.
FoS: Dark Vessel
Vote: Dark Vessel
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri 10 Nov 2023 - 6:35

Welcome to my Domain!

The world suddenly seems a little brighter

Vote Count 3 Day 3

Votes:

Dark Vessel - Alex Steiner, SolVI [2]
Darth Skywalkerbacca - Dark Vessel, Sid_The_Kid [2]

Players not voting:
Darth Skywalkerbacca

FoS':

Darth Skywalkerbacca - Dark Vessel [1]
Dark Vessel - Alex Steiner, Darth Skywalkerbacca, SolVI [3 - Majority Reached]

Players not FoSing:
Sid_The_Kid

Dark Vessel, Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony) Mafia Party Boss, lynched Day 3

Rule 0 is no longer in effect, Rules attached below

Rules:

Night 3 Begins

Deadline: Sunday 6:30am (click me for a countdown)

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 14:01

Welcome to my Domain!

You all wake, none the worse for wear. How strange

Sorry for the delay

Day 4 Begins!

Vote Count 1 Day 4

Votes:

Players not voting:
Alex Steiner
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

FoS':

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

With 4 Players Alive it is 3 to lynch

Deadline: Sunday 2:00PM (click me for a countdown)

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 15:01

I don't know who you tried to investigate SolVI but I used my Get Beeg ability to redirect all actions towards me and funnily enough.

``` You find a small notebook, initialed CW, that contains the message "Darth Skywalkerbacca is a member of the town"```

I don't know why you always win this roll, but its even more hilarious this time

I would also like to thank Alex for using your ability last night, otherwise I probably would have died.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 15:08

@Sid now would be a good time to offer further clarification on what exactly your role is supposed to be. Because as far as I am concerned, Alex and SolVI are confirmed town and town still hasn't won yet
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Mon 13 Nov 2023 - 9:35

Phew. I am so fucking glad that we made the right decision on DV. I was honestly really tossing and turning on it.

I went with Dark Vessel in the end for several reasons:

1. (and most importantly), when DV shared his role PM, there was absolutely no indication on what his alignment was. He didn't put "Neutral" or "Town" as a placeholder. It was just completely deleted, and we had no idea what his alignment could have been. My thought process was "At best he is probably neutral, at worst he's mafia."

2. The way he had formulated the post, although very cleverly constructed, was worded in a way that sounded rather desperate. Up to this point, all of DV's posts have been very careful and neutral, but it seemed very out of place that he was rallying to get someone voted out.

Those two particular factors are what made me come to my final verdict on who to vote for.
Darth, apologies for not being completely convinced by you. DV did come up with a very clever lie, and so it was just hard to confidently go "No! Darth is innocent! 100%!
Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:"I don't know who you tried to investigate SolVI but I used my Get Beeg ability to redirect all actions towards me and funnily enough.
I actually used the ability on you! I have had no reason to suspect you haven't been town up to this point, but I figured it was worth confirming you so nobody can try pulling what DV did and planting any seeds of doubt.

I think that's hilarious that it went to you. Gotta love Mindscrew like that.

Sid and Alex, I say the ball is pretty much in your court.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Mon 13 Nov 2023 - 21:05

SolVI wrote:.
Darth, apologies for not being completely convinced by you. DV did come up with a very clever lie, and so it was just hard to confidently go "No! Darth is innocent! 100%!

In all fairness he was 100% correct that if mafia had my abilities they could have used them in such a way. But I never had to reveal that information. I investigated Overlord who died that night so I had nothing to show for my claim. If I had been mafia I would never have claimed that ability until I could give some information that would have been able to side track people. 
And I guess you could argue for a shortsighted slip-up but I have been playing this game for a long time at this point.

I would give props to Dark Vessel, it was probably the best argument to make to throw shade on me, was well played.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue 14 Nov 2023 - 20:54

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:@Sid now would be a good time to offer further clarification on what exactly your role is supposed to be. Because as far as I am concerned, Alex and SolVI are confirmed town and town still hasn't won yet
Indeed now would be a good time to offer further clarification… although yesterday would have been better.

Unfortunately I don’t have the time, effort, or crayons to make a convincing argument, so I’ll just leave this here:
Richard Grayson:
Casandra Notes:
Vote:Sid_The_Kid
Unless there’s a neutral that has yet to fulfill their wincon, I see no reason to prolong this game, especially given my lack of attention to the last few days and likely inattention to any future developments.

INB4 modnotes prove my calculations to be completely wrong and I’ve just thrown it completely
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next