Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

+4
SolVI
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Sid_The_Kid Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 18:42

Mod: JIC you’ve procrastinated them so far, here’s a reminder to do notes this time please and thanks

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I'll get the information started shall I.

Hello, my name is Townie McTownface and I may or may not be an alcoholic, if I am I managed to drink so much that I forgot I was which is rather impressive in its own right.
That’s some strong pregaming  Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 2 1f37b

FOS:TKOE
Vote: TKOE

Add Bladerunner to the list of references. Not sure about the “Fundamental Question of Rationality” quote though.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 2 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by SolVI Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:03

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Add Bladerunner to the list of references. Not sure about the “Fundamental Question of Rationality” quote though.

I'm not really sure about the Fundamental Question of Rationality, but so far, quote posted by the mod seems to be the opening line to a song (or at least, the line that leads up to a song).

What I've gathered so far:

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory: "Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination" - Opening line to "Pure Imagination"

The Wizard of Oz: "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!" - About a minute or two later, they sing "Munchkinland." It's also worth noting the opening line to the song is "She fell from the sky, She fell very far and Kansas she says is the name of the star."

Alice in Wonderland: "Welcome to Wonderland" - I couldn't find anything from the 2010 movie, but I can't think of what else it could be referencing, and there are several musicals that have songs called "Welcome to Wonderland."

Blade Runner: "Tears in the rain". - This one has absolutely zero connection to music, or singing, so I'm really stumped on that one. I figured I may have been on to something, but it doesn't look like this one is consistent with the theme I suspected it may have been.

It is making me wonder if they are perhaps clues to who our characters are. We all woke up with amnesia, right? So none of us know who our characters are. Perhaps these quotes are referencing movies that our characters may be based on

SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:31

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I'll get the information started shall I.

Hello, my name is Townie McTownface and I may or may not be an alcoholic, if I am I managed to drink so much that I forgot I was which is rather impressive in its own right.

Given this, we might as well stop pussyfooting. At least most of us have come into this game with no information of our character or abilities, including me. It could easily be all of us with amnesia, or just the uninformed majority. Given that so many characters are unknown, the vote count flavour texts are as good a place as any to infer franchises from until something more concrete comes out.

Given that the votes are being counted as written, and not assigned to a player (The King of Eggs/Eggs/TKOE), I speculate that part of the game will be correctly voting for the name of a character. If it turns out I'm Deckard, then that's hilarious.

We'll have to get more information about ourselves and others at some point. Could be triggered by voting for someone, some actions by non-amnesiacs, or automatically over time (some sleep). The continued vote counts will hopefully fill out a set of origin media to match with what information we get.

Or I'm getting mindscrewed, whichever.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:44

Sid_The_Kid wrote:Mod: JIC you’ve procrastinated them so far, here’s a reminder to do notes this time please and thanks
Nice.

Yeah, I'll confirm I also have amnesia.  Flavour indicates I'll regain memories presumably start of Day 2.  If this was true of others, I guessed they might be interested in a Day 1 No/Eggs lynch, to get it out of the way without causing major damage.  That said, I know my faction/win condition and presumably others do too, so it's not like a Day 1 lynch would go to waste (though right now I'd be happy enough with Eggs as well; preferable to No Lynch).
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2649

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue 17 Oct 2023 - 21:51

Yep, i've got the same amnesia. I agree with Supreme, will probably vanish tomorrow.
Info from the lynch is always valuable. And let's face it, TKoE has been some kind of SK role the last 2 games in a row, right? At this point it'd be kinda silly to not start off by going for the usual bad apple who DECIDES who the bad apples are.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 13:17

Welcome to my Domain!

I'm singin' in the rain,
Just singin' in the rain,
What a glorious feeling,
I'm happy again!

Vote Count 6 Day 1

Votes:
The King of Eggs: Alex Steiner, SolVI, Dark Vessel [3]
Dark Vessel: Supreme Overlord [1]
TKOE: Sid_The_Kid [1]

Players not voting:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

FoS':
TKoE: Supreme Overlord [1]
Luna: Dark Vessel [1]
Rick Deckard: Alex Steiner [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: SolVI [1]
TKOE: Sid_The_Kid [1]

Players not FoSing:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1188

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 13:48

3rd times the charm, i forgot to reverse the FOS/vote when looking for what worked previously, althoughTKOE =/= TKoE … so probably not advisable to use “mocking case” for any votes this game

FOS: The King of Eggs
Vote: The King of Eggs

I
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 17:49

Welcome to my Domain!

The hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears

Vote Count 7 Day 1

Votes:
The King of Eggs: Alex Steiner, SolVI, Dark Vessel, Sid_The_Kid [4]

Players not voting:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

FoS':
TKoE: Supreme Overlord [1]
Luna: Dark Vessel [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: SolVI [1]
The King of Eggs: Sid_The_Kid [1]

Players not FoSing:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 21:33

4/7 isn't a kill? Strange. Either there's some kind of supermajority requirement (feels weird unless there's only one mafia member... And if so, surely it would be a SK instead?), we have an unknown 8th player who will join tomorrow, or... Eggs is messing it up.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 21:36

I guess another interpretation could be that no votes will go through today?
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 21:39

Dark Vessel wrote:or... Eggs is messing it up.

The Vote Count is accurate
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 21:42

The vote... COUNT is accurate. Maybe not the vote type? For all we know we need FoS to cap out for a kill to occur...
Unvote
FoS: The King of Eggs
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 21:43

Uh, oopsie.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 21:45

And just for MAD's sake:
Unvote.
FoS: Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed 18 Oct 2023 - 22:31

Dark Vessel wrote:And just for MAD's sake:
Nice. I did find it amusing that the Eggs wagon got to 'majority' without me

I'm willing to get the 'FoS' wagon going as well, with the supermajority 'Vote' wagon available in parallel. I would like to hear from Stranger and Darth again, though.

Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 10:40

A bit late to the party, but I also have the same severe amnesia. I agree with Alex that we seem to all have this.

I'm very surprised to read that the count is accurate. I'm even more surprised that 4/7 is not a kill.
I've gotten rather bored reading into Eggs' musical quotes, and they seem to just be random at this point. I don't feel like there's really anything there that we can work with for now.

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but let's make sure if we're voting/FoSing eggs that we use the exact same "The King of Eggs" format. It seems "TKOE" and "TKoE" are all being marked as different.

Unvote
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 11:20

Welcome to my Domain!

Whomp Whomp

Vote Count 8 Day 1

Votes:
The King of Eggs: Alex Steiner, SolVI, Sid_The_Kid [3]
Supreme Overlord: Dark Vessel [1]

Players not voting:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

FoS':
Darth Skywalkerbacca:  [1]
The King of Eggs: Sid_The_Kid, Dark Vessel, Supreme Overlord, SolVI [4 - Majority Reached]

Players not FoSing:
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Stranger

Invalid Player Selected For Majority
Vote Count Reset

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 11:24

Well! That's interesting!
So, now we know how the voting system works!
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 11:25

Eggs not being valid is a surprise, but I suppose it simplifies things a little. Still leaves us with questions about what to do with the daily lynch.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 11:38

Dark Vessel wrote:Eggs not being valid is a surprise, but I suppose it simplifies things a little. Still leaves us with questions about what to do with the daily lynch.

It certainly is, but I suppose we are just going to have to take a different approach. There isn't anybody I can think of confidently lynching on day 1, outside of the mod. None of us know anything about each other or ourselves, so it isn't like there's any information we can use to our advantage, or against each other.

I'm wondering if it's worth choosing someone to lynch, and seeing if doing so will give us information on that person. It may give us a clue to who we are, but that's a really extreme idea, and may not be so popular.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 13:28

So my interpretation for now is that votes are still acting like votes; they just show up as FoSes in the vote count.
(I suppose we don't know if FoSes do anything yet)

SolVI wrote:None of us know anything about each other or ourselves, so it isn't like there's any information we can use to our advantage, or against each other.

I do disagree in principle - we know our own win conditions, which is something (no worse than being vanilla). Is anyone willing to claim that they don't know their win con?

Vote: SolVI

FoS: Stranger

What's your opinion on the happenings so far?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 19:53

Sorry, I am here.

Though I am afraid I do not have much to add at this point. I would like to give the Mod more credit than he is due and believe that this mindscrew is actually a meta commentary on how people are merely what they believe themselves to be, the world does not have a predetermined role for you to play you merely play the role you want, but I feel like that would be hard to balance.

Maybe a starting point is to consider the major amnesia plotlines in pop culture, I would not put it past Eggs to give us all amnesia because it is intrinsically linked to all our characters, what did those characters have to do to remember?

Don't know, just spitballing here

Also @Mod: PLAY WONDERWALL!!
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1748

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 20:08

Welcome to my Domain!

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
And by now, you should've somehow realised what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

Vote Count 9 Day 1

Votes:
Stranger: Supreme Overlord [1]

Players not voting:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI
Stranger

FoS':
SolVI: Supreme Overlord [1]

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI
Stranger
Supreme Overlord

Stranger has been prodded

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 20:40

It seems my amnesia is still in effect.. I'm back everyone! Considering all this talk about a certain bad egg I have to go with the mob here.
Vote: Eggs
FoS: Sid_The_Kid
Stranger
Stranger

Scum Credits : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 20:47

Supreme Overlord wrote:So my interpretation for now is that votes are still acting like votes; they just show up as FoSes in the vote count.
(I suppose we don't know if FoSes do anything yet)

SolVI wrote:None of us know anything about each other or ourselves, so it isn't like there's any information we can use to our advantage, or against each other.

I do disagree in principle - we know our own win conditions, which is something (no worse than being vanilla). Is anyone willing to claim that they don't know their win con?

I should probably have specified that I more meant our abilities/character names or info. If anyone wants to claim they don't know their win con, I'll be pretty sceptical.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next