Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

+4
SolVI
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 3 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by SolVI Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:54 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Maybe a starting point is to consider the major amnesia plotlines in pop culture, I would not put it past Eggs to give us all amnesia because it is intrinsically linked to all our characters, what did those characters have to do to remember?

I actually like this idea. Some ideas that immediately come to my mind are Donna Noble from Doctor Who, Thomas from Maze Runner (at least initially, anyway), Dory from Finding Nemo, Douglas from Total Recall..
Anybody else got any ideas?

SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 3 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Alex Steiner Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:55 pm

This has proceeded about how I expected. Too easy to lightningrod on the mod, so he's immune. Worth confirming, of course.

Vote: SolVI for suggesting that the mod is posting songs.
FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca for Wonderwall in particular.

Stranger, when you have some time, please share your thoughts on the theories so far, and how you think we should proceed.

The King of Eggs is Invalid Player for Majority, so unless we want to change how we treat Votes and FoS (which he reached 4 of at different times, neither of which succeeded), I think we should turn our attention elsewhere. It was only 4 FoS that reset the vote count, which were placed by typing "Vote", so I agree that it's probably only the vote count that's lying, and who we Vote is the one in danger of dying.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:18 pm

SolVI wrote:
Supreme Overlord wrote:So my interpretation for now is that votes are still acting like votes; they just show up as FoSes in the vote count.
(I suppose we don't know if FoSes do anything yet)

SolVI wrote:None of us know anything about each other or ourselves, so it isn't like there's any information we can use to our advantage, or against each other.

I do disagree in principle - we know our own win conditions, which is something (no worse than being vanilla). Is anyone willing to claim that they don't know their win con?

I should probably have specified that I more meant our abilities/character names or info. If anyone wants to claim they don't know their win con, I'll be pretty sceptical.

Not sure exactly what's happening here, seems my amnesia is stronger than everyone else here. Perhaps the knowledge of the past isn't going to favor us in this situation, or is holding us back. There has to be more to this. I'm still up for lynching this Egg character, mob rules.
Stranger
Stranger

Scum Credits : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:45 pm

Oh and..
Unvote: Eggs
Vote: Vote: The King of Eggs
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:44 pm

There is one thing I know for sure and certain about my role and that is that under Post Restrictions instead of saying I cannot remember it simply says None.

Is there anybody else here for which this is different?

It also implies I have both an active and a passive ability, but I am not sure if this is just standard formatting or maybe just Eggs trying to mess with me and once the amnesia wears off it will be other side revealed or not. Does everybody have specific mentions of active and passive abilities in their role PM's?

I understand that some people might not want to give anything away but it would be nice to know if not all of our roles have been just copy/pasted at this point. Every difference is something more we know about this amnesia.

Vote: To Remember

I check my pockets for clues, check myself for tally marks. Close my eyes on the off chance that one of us is The Silence and interacting with that person prolongs the amnesia.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1792

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:55 pm

We don't really have much to go off of. But, I guess, more information could be valuable...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:58 pm

Just because we don't know when this day will end, Vote: SolVI
If someone provides a better reason to vote someone else, i'm all ears.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:33 am

My role PM clearly states that I do not have a post restriction. It's also clear about whether I do or do not have active or passive abilities.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2674

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:38 am

**Active Abilities:**

Yes, you definitely had at least one of these

**Passive Abilities:**

Yes, you definitely had at least one of these

**Post Restriction:** None

Looks like we all got the same message.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:04 am

Indeed, I think it's reasonably likely to say all players are amnesiac at this stage, but I'll keep in mind that some may not be, just in case.

I have the same "at least one of" each ability type, and no post restriction. Where we differ is in the win condition. My role says "Town Amnesiac", and more importantly I win when no Mafia remain. It's not "non-Town", or any inclusive list, it's exactly Mafia. I haven't won, so some of you are Mafia, and you probably already know who you are.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:44 am

Alex Steiner wrote:This has proceeded about how I expected. Too easy to lightningrod on the mod, so he's immune. Worth confirming, of course.
in hindsight yea, too easy of a way to “fast track” our way through D1.

Sid_The_Kid wrote:
Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:I'll get the information started shall I.

Hello, my name is Townie McTownface and I may or may not be an alcoholic, if I am I managed to drink so much that I forgot I was which is rather impressive in its own right.
That’s some strong pregaming  Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 3 1f37b
I know my initial reaction was to joke about it but did anyone else get flavour text to explain their amnesia? The closest thing I read was “you could’ve sworn that you knew who you were mere moments ago”

Alex Steiner wrote:I have the same "at least one of" each ability type, and no post restriction. Where we differ is in the win condition. My role says "Town Amnesiac", and more importantly I win when no Mafia remain. It's not "non-Town", or any inclusive list, it's exactly Mafia. I haven't won, so some of you are Mafia, and you probably already know who you are.
This tracks with my information, although worth noting that this does not imply that other factions or single person neutrals don’t exist, just that town need to remove the mafia to win.

SolVI wrote:
“Nested quote:

I'm not really sure about the Fundamental Question of Rationality, but so far, quote posted by the mod seems to be the opening line to a song (or at least, the line that leads up to a song)

… {removed to reduce size} …

I figured I may have been on to something, but it doesn't look like this one is consistent with the theme I suspected it may have been.

It is making me wonder if they are perhaps clues to who our characters are. We all woke up with amnesia, right? So none of us know who our characters are. Perhaps these quotes are referencing movies that our characters may be based on
Whilst entirely possible that the characters we are connect to the quotes we’ve seen, it’s also entirely plausible that come D2 fake-claims based on these quotes will also appear.

Given this was the first VC to seemingly break the pattern.
Vote Count 4 Day 1 wrote:
What do you think you know, and why do you think you know it?
Perhaps we thought we knew the pattern cause it seemed obvious.
Sidenote: this reminds me of this sequence 2^n until it’s not

My thoughts on the post restrictions heading is that as amnesiacs there is no post restrictions but once we remember who we are all our abilities and mannerisms will return and thus post restrictions if applicable to our character will be applied with the remembrance of our true roles in this madman’s meadow.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:05 am

Yeah, I've got the same text as Dark Vessel, Alex, Sid - where you've quoted.

I reckon there should be more voting - get a bandwagon or two going if we want to go ahead and apply pressure to see what happens, else go for the No Lynch and see if we can get to Day 2 with it.

Which means if I had to try to rate suspiciousness based on what we've got so far, probably Alex leans the most Town to me, with the specifics of the win con wording that match my own.

... Uh, I think SolVI is at L-1, with 3 votes.
Vote: Dark Vessel
Did you realise you took SolVI so close to (presumably) a lynch? What would have been your opinion on a hammer? Do you think it would be better to lynch or No Lynch Day 1?
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:18 am

Welcome to my Domain!

Memories
Light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were

Vote Count 10 Day 1

Votes:
Stranger: Supreme Overlord [1]
Sid_The_Kid: Stranger [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: Alex Steiner [1]

Players not voting:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

FoS':
SolVI: Alex Steiner, Dark Vessel[2]
Vote: The King of Eggs: Stranger [1]
To Remember: Darth Skywalkerbacca [1]
Dark Vessel: Supreme Overlord [1]

Players not FoSing:
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:10 pm

The King of Eggs wrote:[center]

Memories
Of the way we were

What do we all think of this? The way we were by Barbra Streisand, the entire lyrics are:

"Memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we?
Could we?
Memories
May be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply to choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were
The way we were"

Possible hidden clue?
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm

I was aware, Supreme - I was just anxious that Eggs was going to end the day, and I needed to get to bed IRL. Better to do something than nothing, in my mind. In hindsight, the rationale around Sol isn't the best. It feels like the timer may be starting to get against us though, so we need to do something.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:30 pm

Dark Vessel wrote:Better to do something than nothing, in my mind. In hindsight, the rationale around Sol isn't the best. It feels like the timer may be starting to get against us though, so we need to do something.

I agree with the principle. I'm not happy I nearly got lynched, but also, as I even said earlier, it's better we do something, rather than nothing. Not making a decision is still making a decision.

I'm gonna try the Darth route.

Unvote
Vote: To Remember
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:01 pm

You know what? We need more logic. Sol's one of the more active people, it makes less sense that we lynch him.
Let's flip to the most inactive person, perhaps? By my count, that's Darth.

Unvote
Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:47 am

So at least some of our roles seem to be copied/pasted, obviously the peeps who are not aren't going to say so. Just because we don't know our abilities doesn't mean we don't have them and I wouldn't put it past Eggs to tie them to votes or a lunch to cause havoc once we remember and realise what we have done
As such I'm going to continue to refrain from voting for anybody but I would be amenable towards a No Lynch today.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:37 am

Stranger wrote:Possible hidden clue?
I'll be honest; I'm not reading too much into the flavour - at least until there's some indication it's more than just 'sounds cool'.  To be fair, it is talking about memories, which might help confirm the amnesia theme in case there was anyone not amnesiac and doubting.

Dark Vessel wrote:I was just anxious that Eggs was going to end the day
So it would be fair to say you're strongly in favour of trying for an actual lynch Day 1?
I'm not hugely in favour of lynching for inactivity (though it might help with pressure); but I support I'd prefer it to No Lynch.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:26 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:So at least some of our roles seem to be copied/pasted, obviously the peeps who are not aren't going to say so. Just because we don't know our abilities doesn't mean we don't have them and I wouldn't put it past Eggs to tie them to votes or a lunch to cause havoc once we remember and realise what we have done
As such I'm going to continue to refrain from voting for anybody but I would be amenable towards a No Lynch today.
FOS:Darth Skywalkerbacca
I won’t go for a full vote but I feel, and have quoted the reason before, that you’re at least not part of the “copied/pasted” group although due to the town wincon wording this isn’t enough to condemn you.

I’m happy with a no lynch but I think it would be safe to get some information from a wagon or two or even a lynch, if deadline isn’t too close we don’t need to rush these things, we can all hopefully sleep soon and see what wonders greet us with the new day.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:14 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

Vrph pbvwhulhv uhpdlq xqvroyhg.
Xqnqrzq wdohv iurp idu-rii odqgv.

Qhexodv, jdodalhv, wkh xqlyhuvh xqirogv.
Vhfuhwv ri wkh ghhs, lq rfhdq'v vdqgv.

Hasodqdwlrqv derxqg, wkh vroxwlrq uhpdlqv xqwrog.
Wdohv ri wkh dqflhqwv, wkhlu pbvwhub vwdqgv.

-Julius Caesar, as recorded by Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus

Vote Count 11 Day 1

Votes:
Stranger: Supreme Overlord [1]
Sid_The_Kid: Stranger [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: Alex Steiner, Sid_The_Kid [2]

Players not voting:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
SolVI

FoS':
SolVI: Alex Steiner [1]
Vote: The King of Eggs: Stranger [1]
To Remember: Darth Skywalkerbacca, SolVI [2]
Dark Vessel: Supreme Overlord [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: Dark Vessel [1]

Players not FoSing:
Sid_The_Kid

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:45 pm

Vote Count 11 Day 1 wrote:Vrph pbvwhulhv uhpdlq xqvroyhg.

what’s this rot on page 3?

luckily didn’t have to translate it as well:

Not a clue what it means though.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:24 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:
Dark Vessel wrote:I was just anxious that Eggs was going to end the day
So it would be fair to say you're strongly in favour of trying for an actual lynch Day 1?
I'm not hugely in favour of lynching for inactivity (though it might help with pressure); but I support I'd prefer it to No Lynch.

At least based on some information. If we have some data to roll with, I want to go for it. Sol was a bad call, I overly trusted the others to know what they were doing tbh, I was in a rush irl - but going after the less active players won't hurt town that much, gives us a shot of going for an awkwardly silent mafia player, and narrows the potential list of options while keeping the number of active investigators the same.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:25 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:
Vote Count 11 Day 1 wrote:Vrph pbvwhulhv uhpdlq xqvroyhg.

what’s this rot on page 3?

luckily didn’t have to translate it as well:

Not a clue what it means though.

Nice job. I do wonder if it is alluding to there being another puzzle that is laundered among the other vote count posts. I tried to take the capital letters of every single song lyric and put them in ciphers. Nada. Also tried to put the deciphered text into another cipher. Nada as well.
SolVI
SolVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:52 am

Can I ask the group what information we are hoping to get from prolonging the day or going for a lynch?

Considering the whole amnesiac trend it really seems to me like we've got a blood/stone situation going on. I'm sure anybody who isn't amnesiac or knows they aren't town aren't foolish enough to admit it either way. People give the reason of "putting pressure on" for voting but does anybody actually expect to get a different answer? I'm just curious to know that.

I can't see us getting anything of value out of today so I'm going to Vote: No Lynch

Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next