Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

+4
SolVI
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 4 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Supreme Overlord Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:04 am

Sid_The_Kid wrote:I won’t go for a full vote but I feel, and have quoted the reason before, that you’re at least not part of the “copied/pasted” group although due to the town wincon wording this isn’t enough to condemn you.
To clarify, Sid; you're referring to Darth's 'Townie McTownface' comment?
Also, why not go for a full vote? Darth's not in any particular danger right now.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:There is one thing I know for sure and certain about my role and that is that under Post Restrictions instead of saying I cannot remember it simply says None.

Is there anybody else here for which this is different?

It also implies I have both an active and a passive ability, but I am not sure if this is just standard formatting or maybe just Eggs trying to mess with me and once the amnesia wears off it will be other side revealed or not. Does everybody have specific mentions of active and passive abilities in their role PM's?
These comments, to me, indicate Darth has the same type of amnesia I do.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Can I ask the group what information we are hoping to get from prolonging the day or going for a lynch?
For me, only the classic misguided, foolish notion that Town might act in a way differently to Mafia ...
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2674

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 4 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Sid_The_Kid Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:34 am

How did I not notice it before? Probably too focused on the “quote” style of  the puzzle, but it’s acrostic for SUNSET… guess night is coming soon.

Supreme Overlord wrote:
Sid_The_Kid wrote:I won’t go for a full vote but I feel, and have quoted the reason before, that you’re at least not part of the “copied/pasted” group although due to the town wincon wording this isn’t enough to condemn you.
To clarify, Sid; you're referring to Darth's 'Townie McTownface' comment?
Also, why not go for a full vote? Darth's not in any particular danger right now.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:There is one thing I know for sure and certain about my role and that is that under Post Restrictions instead of saying I cannot remember it simply says None.

Is there anybody else here for which this is different?

It also implies I have both an active and a passive ability, but I am not sure if this is just standard formatting or maybe just Eggs trying to mess with me and once the amnesia wears off it will be other side revealed or not. Does everybody have specific mentions of active and passive abilities in their role PM's?
These comments, to me, indicate Darth has the same type of amnesia I do.
We had a wagon of L-1 without me, if that turned out to be a evil push I didn’t want to activate the option for the wagon to swiftly jump to darth, but with day coming to an end i guess I can up that to Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca and just keep a close eye if I don’t think we’ve given Darth enough chance to explain.
Yes I’m referring to his ‘Townie McTownface’ post, as whilst Darth may have similar amnesia to the rest of us and may have taken some artistic liberties with the situation, I find it suspicious that he seemed to be the only one who mentioned a flavour for why he’s forgotten who he was, and who he may or may not be.
It would seem from the “confirmed” information that town has a similar/same role, this does not however imply that only town are under amnesia.

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Can I ask the group what information we are hoping to get from prolonging the day or going for a lynch?
As for prolonging the day, it allows discussion.
what do we know of the dynamic of us 7? At least one Mafia, a few town amnesiacs, etc …
We’ve had a failed lynch on the mod, and a L-1 that wasn’t hammered, can we gain anything more from this before we succumb to our slumber and possibly lose one of our group?

Although I don’t see anything worth rushing into, I’m interested to see what the non-amnesiacs do tonight, assuming there is some, otherwise we jump straight into D2 hopefully knowing who we are and what our purpose may be.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:19 am

Supreme Overlord wrote:
For me, only the classic misguided, foolish notion that Town might act in a way differently to Mafia ...

Normally I would agree but given this specific situation mafia gains nothing from "acting differently". They know we don't have any information to give in order to figure out who to target, if you were on a scum team and your partner was targetted for a lynch would you try to step in? With what reason or information would you make your argument knowing that nobody has any information.

Once we clearly realised that a large portion of us were amnesiacs the meta changed to only one viable strategy for all factions, commit to the bit.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1791

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:55 am

I'm of the opinion that the flavour text is noise at best for now. Without any further confirmed franchise or flip information I'm going to ignore it and come back later.

I think a lynch today is absolutely worth exploring. Depending on the exact wording of the other win conditions, players could absolutely react differently to seeing themselves or their buddy up for lynch, or seeing someone they need dead up for a lynch. The key thing is that we can refer back to these decisions with future context for information. Skipping directly to D2 denies the Town information for no benefit.

I had my vote sitting on SolVI long past the expiry of the joke to see how others would react, and this discussion about L-1 and beyond is exactly it. I'm a little disappointed in how many players are taking the cop-out votes for Remember, No Lynch, or the Mod since then. As tempting as it may be to selfishly get your own memories back, the opportunity cost for Town is not worth spending when we'll get the memories soon anyway (and I do wonder if "do nothing" to get memories back is exactly the kind of behaviour the rules would punish).

As such, I will leave my FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca (who should be at L-2 for votes already), and Vote: Dark Vessel to the same level. I want Stranger and SolVI in particular to weigh in on who they'd prefer to lynch and why, out of those two. Everyone else is also free to change their vote between players as they see fit (with their justifications clealy stated for future perusal), but I'll be a little upset if it's some kind of no-lynch equivalent at this stage.

We're coming up on a typical week of daylight, so don't waste time. The Town wants information from everyone, and players that stay quiet are harder to trust.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:57 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

We're leavin' together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To Earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?
It's the final countdown
The final countdown

Vote Count 12 Day 1

Votes:
Stranger: Supreme Overlord [1]
Sid_The_Kid: Stranger [1]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: Alex Steiner, Sid_The_Kid [2]

Players not voting:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
SolVI

FoS':
Vote: The King of Eggs: Stranger [1]
To Remember: SolVI [1]
Dark Vessel: Supreme Overlord, Alex Steiner [2]
Darth Skywalkerbacca: Dark Vessel, Sid_The_Kid [2]
No Lynch: Darth Skywalkerbacca [1]

Players not FoSing:

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:40 pm

I agree with Alex.

The King of Eggs wrote:

This is worrisome.
Stranger
Stranger

Scum Credits : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Stranger Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:00 pm

Unvote for now. I’m not convinced on lynching Darth, it’s going to be a massive gamble if we pick anyone at this point in time.
Stranger
Stranger

Scum Credits : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:46 am

Alex Steiner wrote:I'm of the opinion that the flavour text is noise at best for now. Without any further confirmed franchise or flip information I'm going to ignore it and come back later.

I think a lynch today is absolutely worth exploring. Depending on the exact wording of the other win conditions, players could absolutely react differently to seeing themselves or their buddy up for lynch, or seeing someone they need dead up for a lynch. The key thing is that we can refer back to these decisions with future context for information. Skipping directly to D2 denies the Town information for no benefit.

I had my vote sitting on SolVI long past the expiry of the joke to see how others would react, and this discussion about L-1 and beyond is exactly it. I'm a little disappointed in how many players are taking the cop-out votes for Remember, No Lynch, or the Mod since then. As tempting as it may be to selfishly get your own memories back, the opportunity cost for Town is not worth spending when we'll get the memories soon anyway (and I do wonder if "do nothing" to get memories back is exactly the kind of behaviour the rules would punish).

As such, I will leave my FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca (who should be at L-2 for votes already), and Vote: Dark Vessel to the same level. I want Stranger and SolVI in particular to weigh in on who they'd prefer to lynch and why, out of those two. Everyone else is also free to change their vote between players as they see fit (with their justifications clealy stated for future perusal), but I'll be a little upset if it's some kind of no-lynch equivalent at this stage.

We're coming up on a typical week of daylight, so don't waste time. The Town wants information from everyone, and players that stay quiet are harder to trust.

Yeah I'll admit I've been playing pretty conservatively and in a petty attempt at self preservation. No longer!
I'm the hypocrite, as I even said myself "Not making a decision is still making a decision.
Despite stalling, I am also of the opinion that we should at least try to pull of a lynch on day 1. It arguably will benefit us the most, rather than us doing nothing.

I'm not going to bother trying to hyperfocus on the flavour text the mod is posting. I've spent far too long trying to dissect it and analyse it for clues, but there are still plenty of days left that will follow us, so plenty of time to worry about that, when time isn't of the essence.

Out of Dark Vessel and Darth, I lean a little more towards Darth here, mostly because he is the original person who did the "cop out" "To remember" vote.
Dark Vessel has had the same amount of activity, and in that time, has at least been more actively voting people.

Therefore, my decision is as follows.
FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca
Unvote
Vote: Stranger
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:13 am

Don't forget that Vote and FoS are only swapped in the counts, but seem to still function as normal.

Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca

I'm happy with either flip, and disappointed with the lack of engagement.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:39 am

Welcome to my Domain!

Deadline has fallen

No player has reached Majority, therefore

No Lynch Declared Day  1

Night 1 begins

Please submit your night actions promptly, thank you
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 am

Welcome to my Domain!

You all wake, none the worse for wear, many of you with looks of realisation upon your faces.

Day 2 Begins!

Vote Count 1 Day 2

Votes:

Players not voting:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI
Stranger
Supreme Overlord

FoS':

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI
Stranger
Supreme Overlord

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:34 am

GAH! Jesus. That was quite a whomp on the head! Hee ha. It's good to finally remember who I am now. Does anybody else finally remember their roles? I'd speak up please!
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:44 am

Finally! At last I remember my role

Last night no one died, which I'm not too surprised by - amnesiac Mafia weren't guaranteed, but seemed thematic.

So I do think we should properly get to lynching today. Even if you're not 100% behind it, I'd appreciate it if you could throw out a vote so we know roughly where you stand.

Vote: SolVI
Mainly because, looking at the last Vote Count, 'To Remember' seems to be the least plausible option.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:18 pm

Firstly: Most important information I can glean from my now-remembered role is that the concept of alignment changing is in the rules. No idea how or when it might be done, but it seems probable to me that the Mafia or third party win conditions might grow in number by changing player alignment.

Secondly: My character is from a setting that has gotten no references in the vote count flavour text.

Vote: Dark Vessel mostly to check the vote counts when they arise, and FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca.

We've remembered now (Mod says "many", but not "all", but who knows). What information do we have to share?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:37 pm

Welcome to my Domain!

(chuckles) I'm in danger.

Vote Count 2 Day 2

Votes:

SolVi: Supreme Overlord [1]
Dark Vessel: Alex Steiner [1]

Players not voting:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI
Stranger

FoS':

Darth Skywalkerbacca: Alex Steiner [1]

Players not FoSing:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI
Stranger
Supreme Overlord

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid_The_Kid Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:12 pm

Ok so Votes and FOS are not confused today? seems someone remembered how reality works so the Vote count shenanigans from yesterday are not rule 0. Unless it comes back tomorrow.

From my new information it would seem that the yesterday’s flavor text was just because it was “on topic” not trying to help us remember specific settings. As Alex has already pointed out.

Also from Alex’s post, the alignment change mechanic might mean that we started with 1 mafia, maybe they recruited last night? This could explain why town is alot more lenient on neutrals and focusing on mafia for the wincon.

It was quiet afterall, unless someone had protection/immunity last night.

FOS: Darth Skywalkerbacca
What will 'Townie McTownface' be sticking to today? Did you drink too much again or did you get over your amnesia inducing hangover?

Vote: Stranger I’d like to hear your thoughts on D1 and how we’ve woken up now that we should have no real pressure from deadlines for a while.
Sid_The_Kid
Sid_The_Kid

Scum Credits : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:15 pm

If the Mafia is spreading, that's definitely concerning. We have no way to tell who's legit - even if they're confirmed on one day, they will be denied on the next.
I will wait a bit to get more info before a vote. Activity remains my default until something useful comes up.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:17 pm

Is there a reason we're hiding our role NAMES? I guess maybe the exact character could give away how sinister a character is, or their abilities... Fine, makes some sense, I suppose...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:18 pm

Wanting to know if everybody else's roles spawn from the same universe. My role is from a fairly current show and the amnesia was written into the plot.

I'm all for voting now that we will actually have some information to go off of, though I will be holding off until more comes to light. There were a few people who seemed very keen to lynch yesterday with absolutely no information to go off of, but they are the same people who are like that every game so I don't put a whole lot of weight behind that being an accurate assessment of scumminess.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:26 pm

Dark Vessel wrote:Is there a reason we're hiding our role NAMES? I guess maybe the exact character could give away how sinister a character is, or their abilities... Fine, makes some sense, I suppose...

I can fairly confidently say that that my character name and official role do not give away the abilities of my role. But I kind of want to get an idea if other people are from the same thing before I say it. Did everybody get given a reason for their amnesia or just wake up and be told they remember?
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:33 pm

Alex Steiner wrote:Secondly: My character is from a setting that has gotten no references in the vote count flavour text.
Likewise; and with >7 vote counts, and all AFAIK different quote sources, I wouldn't expect much correspondence.

I currently have nothing more useful to share, role-info wise.

Dark Vessel wrote:Is there a reason we're hiding our role NAMES? I guess maybe the exact character could give away how sinister a character is, or their abilities... Fine, makes some sense, I suppose...
Yeah - and while there's no evidence so far that it would exist in this game, every now and then you get 'punisher' roles that, for example, need to target a particular character. So unless there's a reason to claim characters, I'd rather not (though I suppose I can say I've got no particular reason mine can't be revealed if need be).

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Wanting to know if everybody else's roles spawn from the same universe. My role is from a fairly current show and the amnesia was written into the plot.
I'm happy enough to say mine's not.  I'm not 100% familiar with my source, but I don't think my character has anything to do with amnesia - I just seem to have needed a good night's rest.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:45 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Wanting to know if everybody else's roles spawn from the same universe. My role is from a fairly current show and the amnesia was written into the plot.
I'm a sapient quadruped, which probably removes quite a few possible shows.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Damn, well I am the Town Bulimic. Have fun with that one
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:03 pm

Interesting, my character also really likes food...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:29 pm

I'm happy enough to say mine's not.  I'm not 100% familiar with my source, but I don't think my character has anything to do with amnesia - I just seem to have needed a good night's rest.

Would just like to clarify, my character was subject to memory loss caused by another character in universe, not the cause of the amnesia. Though the amnesia is temporary but the character can do it consistently so that may be something to keep in mind. Though they do not wipe the memories of the shows 'villains' and they are kind of portrayed as one of the good guys. But if nobody else is from the same series I doubt much of that will come into play
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next