Resplect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

+4
SolVI
Supreme Overlord
Dark Vessel
The King of Eggs
8 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 8 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:42 pm

At this point, we need some vote.
Looks like Stranger's at L-1, so if we get a lynch off today, it'll have to be him.
People really shouldn't have been admitting that they're bulletproof, but it's too late now. Probably. For the most part.

Sol wrote:Yes. I can investigate anybody I choose, and their faction will be revealed, but I lose the result, and it goes to somebody else. I have no way of knowing who, but it will.
Powerful, though not without risk. If this is legit, hopefully someone has a defensive move on you - or Mafia's too scared of your jester nature to make a strike! Noone else has really backed me on the jester suspicion, but it does feel valid...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Scum Credits : 206

Back to top Go down

Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition  - Page 8 Empty Re: Mindscrew 7, The [REDACTED] Edition

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:48 pm

Stranger wrote:Jesus Christ I think I am suffering some form of dyslexia I completely goofed my role: the only wrongful deaths I have to investigate are one’s done by any method APART from lynching. And I do get their role private messaged to me. I’m really sorry gang 😅
This feels a little too good to be true. Would TKoE give someone an ability THIS OP? And besides that, if you're Mafia, you could just direct us to kill a target of the Mafia's choosing - causing 3 effective town deaths (tonight, tomorrow's lynch, tomorrow night's attack). It's... Dangerous. Unless we have any better options, i'm not sure I would trust it.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:50 pm

From where I stand, either Stranger gets lynched now, or noone gets lynched at all. It's a dangerous situation, but I don't think we have any other options.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:13 am

I'm gonna hold off for as long as I can - see if I can't think of a workaround. I think we have 2 hours? Maybe 3?
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:32 am

I reckon it's just less than an hour.

Dark Vessel wrote:
Sol wrote:Yes. I can investigate anybody I choose, and their faction will be revealed, but I lose the result, and it goes to somebody else. I have no way of knowing who, but it will.
Powerful, though not without risk. If this is legit, hopefully someone has a defensive move on you
No one needs to protect SolVI - they claimed bulletproof.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2676

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:36 am

I find myself in a similar situation. The information we're getting isn't feeling particularly decisive, and with no one interested in voting SolVI (or anyone else), I'm basically forced to hammer Stranger as I said I would. I had nothing to add earlier, except to note what Stranger's claim about wrongful deaths says about the flip information we may or may not get for NKs.

I'm available to hammer, and there's very little time.

We also have to hope that the votes aren't swapped to FoS today. If someone wants to FoS hammer SolVI just in case?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1850

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme Overlord Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:45 am

Good point.

FoS: Stranger
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Spammer

Scum Credits : 2676

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:54 am

Vote: Stranger

Let's see it, then.

Still need a FoS hammer before deadline, so please jump in.

It seems like this wagon was inevitable with so many players not voting for any alternative, because they supported this wagon or at the very least offered no alternative.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:27 am

I agree that it's either we lynch Stranger, or nobody gets lynched, so I guess this is it.

Vote: Stranger
SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:43 am

Looks like the wagon finalized.
Hopefully we get a mafia here! Stranger was kinda sus.

If we'd waited, Sol could have used his ability on him, thus letting someone detect if Stranger's mafia - and possibly giving us access to an investigator >.< Though it WOULD have been a bit of a gamble.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:06 am

Welcome to my Domain!

Vote Count 7 Day 2

Votes:

Stranger: Sid_The_Kid, Supreme Overlord, Darth Skywalkerbacca, Alex Steiner
, SolVI [5 - Majority Reached]

Players not voting:
Dark Vessel
Stranger

FoS':

Sid_The_Kid: Stranger [1]
Stranger: SolVI, Supreme Overlord, Alex Steiner [3]
SolVI: Sid_The_Kid [1]

Players not FoSing:
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca

Stranger, The Police [Real Life], Town Law Enforcer - Lynched Day 2

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

Night 2 begins

Deadline: [REDACTED]

Please submit your night actions promptly, thank you
The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by The King of Eggs Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:13 am

Welcome to my Domain!

You all wake, none the worse for wear. Well, with one exception

Supreme Overlord, Cassandra [Greek Mythology] Town Untrusted Prophet, Shot in the head Night 2

Day 3 Begins!

Vote Count 1 Day 3

Votes:

Players not voting:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

FoS':

Players not FoSing:
Alex Steiner
Dark Vessel
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Sid_The_Kid
SolVI

Rule 0 in effect, information redacted

With [REDACTED] Players Alive it is  [REDACTED] to lynch

Deadline: [REDACTED]

The King of Eggs
The King of Eggs
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:50 am

Well let's start off. I myself have an investigate which I can use to follow people and see who they target of a night. Unfortunately I used this on Overlord so I got no results. But I did get a note that said that Alex is town.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Scum Credits : 1792

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:27 am

With as such being the case, I see Alex and SolVI as confirmed town, (with myself being a third) which leaves Dark Vessel and Sid as possible mafia. 

That being said it is time to pull out the old trump card. I do not need to be alive to win with town. 

My Get Smol ability allows me to follow people without being noticed and find out who they target. 

My Get Beeg ability allows me to get so big that all night actions are redirected to me. 

The way I see it. We vote out one today, if we miss then I proc my ability tonight to take the hit and Alex and SolVI can mop up tomorrow. 

PS sorry the Stranger and Overlord who were both at the top of my suspicions list, my bad, but I also didn't have a very solid grasp of who I thought was suspicious this game so you were both a loose top two. 

That being said I found Sid the third most suspicious so I am most likely to vote for you today Sid but I will let people give their two cents before I commit to anything.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Skywalkerbacca Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:30 am

I also assume that my passive being an extra vote to lynch if I don't use my abilities comes from the fact that one ability pretty much comes with the guarantee of death if used.
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Darth Skywalkerbacca
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:11 pm

Odd, Darth. Because I just got a note that said Alex is Mafia.
For a moment, I was wondering why you'd out yourself like that when Sol could confirm, when it hit me; if we mislynch today, Mafia can win, 100%. If we lynch anyone who isn't Mafia, the game is over.

Sol, you know I was the one who called for you not to get lynched. I didn't lynch Stranger, as I figured out a way we could have confirmed him, only too late - after everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. Darth, you've been sus all game. Claiming to know why we had amnesia, and so much beyond that

Even Overlord being the one who was killed by mafia is suspicious; he thought me and Sid were safe, only slightly liking Darth
Overlord wrote:Alex, Sid, Dark Vessel, and maybe Darth are my Town reads at the moment

I jumped on the Sid wagon early (despite Darth implying we're Mafia buddies), overall Darth has been behaving much more mafia than anyone else. And if we Lynch and see that Sid is innocent, it's game over for non-mafia. Hence, we can't afford to 'wait and see' who is telling the truth, and Darth could easily be doing a smart play here by appealing to Sol.

How could Darth appeal to Sol? I was wondering that for a little while. Then, it hit me. Get Smol.
Darth wrote:My Get Smol ability allows me to follow people without being noticed and find out who they target.

We all knew Sol had an investigative ability that sent the result to a random person. It would make sense for Mafia to kill off the investigator, but instead they went for Overlord. Why? Likely because they were planning to use Sol's investigation abilities against us.

They start by killing off the person who would be least likely to go along with their plot (Overlord trusted all players, but trusted Darth least, so would go for him next), and then Darth uses Get Smol on Sol. This allows Darth to know that Sol targeted Alex, so he can easily jump in and say that he got a note saying that Alex is town, therefore implying that Sid and I are Mafia. Even if someone else got the result, if Darth times it well, he can make it look bad.

Very smart, Darth. But i'm one step ahead.
Vote: Darth Skywalkerbacca
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:16 pm

And at this point, since Darth has made a full claim, I guess I may as well too.

I am:

Eggs wrote:
You are Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony) Party Planner Extraordinaire

Why be serious when you can be Pinkie?

Active Abilities:

Best Friends Forever: Surprise! Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were you, were you?!

You're great at making new friends, at least temporarily, each Day you may choose one target player, that player will be unable to target you for the rest of the Phase

Passive Abilities:

Upstanding Member of the Community: you require one extra vote to Lynch, unless this would mean that the only way you can be lynched is via a self vote.

Post restriction: None

Win Condition: You win when no members of the Mafia faction remain
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SolVI Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:58 pm

Darth Skywalkerbacca wrote:Well let's start off. I myself have an investigate which I can use to follow people and see who they target of a night. Unfortunately I used this on Overlord so I got no results. But I did get a note that said that Alex is town.
Dark Vessel wrote:Odd, Darth. Because I just got a note that said Alex is Mafia.

OK, wow.
I knew this was coming, but I didn't think it would be quite this much of a standoff.
Dark Vessel wrote:then Darth uses Get Smol on Sol. This allows Darth to know that Sol targeted Alex, so he can easily jump in and say that he got a note saying that Alex is town, therefore implying that Sid and I are Mafia. Even if someone else got the result, if Darth times it well, he can make it look bad.
This is VERY likely. I have no reason to suspect that this couldn't have been committed. It makes far too much sense, especially mechanically speaking. The question really is how much I trust Darth to defend that he wasn't capable of this.

DV could easily be manipulating this situation, pretending that it was in fact him who obtained the note as a form of trickery, but again, it feels more believable to suspect that an ability that can see who a person targeted is being used on me, the person who is able to investigate.
All it then comes down to is Darth arguing that he is more trustworthy, so therefore his word is stronger than DV's, no matter how suspicious this whole thing is.

I can't say I've had much reason to suspect DV this game, but honestly, the same does somewhat go for Darth.

Supreme Overlord's definitely rouses suspicion, based on his prime take aways of this entire game, and do mostly back up what DV is saying.
It would appear to me that DV is Neutral, if not mafia, based on the role PM and

SolVI
SolVI

Scum Credits : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:08 am

What makes you suspicious about the role PM, Sol? The only thing I can maybe see that would be suspicious is Upstanding Member of the Community, but this IS a mindscrew.
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:14 am

And plus, it'd be pretty OP for a Mafia, especially if there were multiple Mafia. I remain vulnerable to night kills, Mafia's main kill method.

The kill Mafia has managed so far has harmed me by taking out people who trusted me. The one who has had the most to gain has been Darth. And I could have hammered Stranger for AGES, and chose not to, because I wanted to figure out a way to keep him alive. That just isn't Mafia or neutral behavior (unless I have a neutral objective of keeping people alive, which i've been doing a lot in this game, between you and Stranger xD but eh...)
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:37 am

Well, that makes my job easy, I suppose. Your arguments are compelling and whatever, but unless someone is sending fake notes to people, Darth getting a note saying I'm Town is the truth.

It's more likely that Dark Vessel is lying about a note than getting a fake one and unwittingly sharing misinformation.

Vote: Dark Vessel
FoS: Dark Vessel

Darth's claim seems entirely trustworthy to me, works mechanically with my role to balance out the nonsense, and with some extra meta knowledge about the mod to seal the deal, he's telling the truth to the best of my knowledge.

So yeah, I'd like to lynch Dark Vessel and talk about who he's been suspiciously working with.

With Stranger flipping as IRL police (wtf, mod), there's still weirdness to understand in the claims players made in the lead up to his lynch.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:42 am

Side note, I have a helpful ability, why would becoming Pinkie Pie's best friend stop me from targeting her? The fact it also doesn't prevent votes or FoS, which are always bad things? I don't buy it. Fake note, fake ability, fake claim.

For what reason?
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:22 am

And of course the Mafia would work together to try and single out a single person to lynch. Sid, Sol, we're the only ones left. If you join me in the vote against Darth, we may just win still.
FoS: Darth Skywalkerbacca
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Steiner Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:46 am

I'll leave the remaining Town to reflect on the claims and actions that played out yesterday to decide between the competing narratives here. Need to decide who's been more trustworthy and helpful in prior discussions, and who's making bold claims in an attempt to force a mistake from the Town.

Dark Vessel claims later than Darth Skywalkerbacca and tries to claim that directly I'm Mafia, and that Darth is lying to protect me.
Alex Steiner
Alex Steiner
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Vessel Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:56 am

Though Darth has an ability (get smol) - and the knowledge (solVI has an ability that sends info to a random person) that he could use to freely defend his mafia buddy and guarantee a win.

But yes, we'll see what the remaining Town think, especially about whose behavior has been consistent with the expected duos of potential mafia players...
Dark Vessel
Dark Vessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next